AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-08, 08:43   Link #2461
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
u mean they should not let Elen live?
All's well then cause she probably didn't make it either.
Old 2009-10-08, 10:56   Link #2462
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
u mean they should not let Elen live?
She shoulve never been revived in the first place.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 13:30   Link #2463
cereal_killerxx

To be honest, I have to disagree and say that Reiji dying was bogus. There was nothing poetic about it. It seemed drawn out and out of place. It deluded and watered down a few things that happened in the final arc.

In my opinion, Beetrain ruined the canon ending.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 10:31   Link #2464
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I really like the ending. Very sad and just leave me out alot unspoken word and emotion while Reiji standing at his last moment. Great closure. Trully enjoyed this show. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 09:30   Link #2465
The1
Relentless sinner

After rewatching the series I still think that the last 2 minutes were pure nonsense.
The1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 16:23   Link #2466
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Another retelling series will have to wait for years to come. I mean, give it a break, the game's pretty old now and this would probably be the last thing they'll ever come up with for the game.
Perhaps the new Xbox 360 remake will add some things.

Or at the very least you'll be able to take the Cerulean Sky path, enjoy the same anime art (in High-def CGs), but have a normal happy ending without the last 8 seconds.
Old 2009-10-13, 18:43   Link #2467
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Now I know where they got the idea for the ending. What a ripoff from Kite anime.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-13, 19:19   Link #2468
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
After rewatching the series I still think that the last 2 minutes were pure nonsense.
It is definitely nonsense. We have this elite assassin who is dodging hundreds of bullets in all direction in a lot of episodes. He cannot even die against other elite assassins. He then suddenly died to an unknown assassin who is probably a noob in this line of work.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 20:09   Link #2469
jim007

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
It is definitely nonsense. We have this elite assassin who is dodging hundreds of bullets in all direction in a lot of episodes. He cannot even die against other elite assassins. He then suddenly died to an unknown assassin who is probably a noob in this line of work.
lmao...good point sir, good points. There's part in the anime that if I were to re-watch, would me say WTF! Remember when Zwei/Reiji was chasing Scyth Master? He had a gun too, yet he was too nub to aim and pull the trigger. Like oh god, why does he even have the gun in the first place
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 03:01   Link #2470
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
He then suddenly died to an unknown assassin who is probably a noob in this line of work.
We do not know how skilled the enemy assassin is. Phantoms are the best assassin Inferno had, not the best in the world. There can be dozens of better ones as well.

Also, Zwei proved to be good in combat, but that does not make him good against those who do Silent Assassinations. A Silent Assassination is always efficient, no matter how good you are. There is no defense against it besides luck.
Old 2009-10-14, 17:16   Link #2471
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
We do not know how skilled the enemy assassin is. Phantoms are the best assassin Inferno had, not the best in the world. There can be dozens of better ones as well.

Also, Zwei proved to be good in combat, but that does not make him good against those who do Silent Assassinations. A Silent Assassination is always efficient, no matter how good you are. There is no defense against it besides luck.
Wrong, he can sense danger. He can sense things even before it happens. He has like precognition. Plus he has those eyes which makes bullets go slow motion. We can all see this in episode 4 when he saved Elen in the Mall assassination job.
Old 2009-10-15, 11:32   Link #2472
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Wrong, he can sense danger. He can sense things even before it happens. He has like precognition. Plus he has those eyes which makes bullets go slow motion. We can all see this in episode 4 when he saved Elen in the Mall assassination job.
there is always someone better always. Everyone lets down their guard eventually. No one is perfect, no one is invincible, anyone can die at anytime and the world is full of unpleasant surprises.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 20:38   Link #2473
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
there is always someone better always. Everyone lets down their guard eventually. No one is perfect, no one is invincible, anyone can die at anytime and the world is full of unpleasant surprises.
Even if that is true, the anime needs to introduce this "better person". But it didn't happen which is why the ending is nonsense. Complete crap.

A story has revolved around a powerful assassin. They spent time building him up- his skills, his talents, his moves, etc. Even against a genius assassin like Cal is no match for him. They even gave him nemesis and powerful enemies. Then he is going to die to an unknown assassin in the end. It's just bull.

"Ok so I have this idea for a story, like, we make this ultra powerful, jedi master like assassin with Max payne kind of abilities - slows down time or fast projectiles. Make them crawl like snails and stuff when these things are against his ultra powerful perception. So like in my idea, this ultra leet assassin can't be ultra leet unless he kills other ultra leet assassins. But like assassins are bad so he is going to die in the end. I don't know how he is going to die cause he is ultra leet and he killed all other ultra leet assassins. So like he just dies to some unknown dude cause I can't explain or know how to kill this ultra leet creation that I made. Cuz he is ultra leet super duper powerful."

I can't believe I wasted my time watching this crap.

Imagine if the same guy made Lord of The Rings.

Spoiler for Lord of the rings:

Imagine if the same guy made Gurrenn Lagann

Spoiler for Gurrenn Lagann:

Last edited by FuzzyWuzzy; 2009-10-15 at 20:53.
Old 2009-10-16, 02:40   Link #2474
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Even if that is true, the anime needs to introduce this "better person". But it didn't happen which is why the ending is nonsense. Complete crap.

A story has revolved around a powerful assassin. They spent time building him up- his skills, his talents, his moves, etc. Even against a genius assassin like Cal is no match for him. They even gave him nemesis and powerful enemies. Then he is going to die to an unknown assassin in the end. It's just bull.

"Ok so I have this idea for a story, like, we make this ultra powerful, jedi master like assassin with Max payne kind of abilities - slows down time or fast projectiles. Make them crawl like snails and stuff when these things are against his ultra powerful perception. So like in my idea, this ultra leet assassin can't be ultra leet unless he kills other ultra leet assassins. But like assassins are bad so he is going to die in the end. I don't know how he is going to die cause he is ultra leet and he killed all other ultra leet assassins. So like he just dies to some unknown dude cause I can't explain or know how to kill this ultra leet creation that I made. Cuz he is ultra leet super duper powerful."

I can't believe I wasted my time watching this crap.

Imagine if the same guy made Lord of The Rings.

Spoiler for Lord of the rings:

Imagine if the same guy made Gurrenn Lagann

Spoiler for Gurrenn Lagann:
Quick question. Are you from the East or West?

Because the notion of there always being "someone above you" and "the world is wide" is pretty common in the Japanese culture.

Reiji died. He died with a warm thought and a smile on his face... he doesn't need to live everyday remembering about all the lives he's taken, the guild he feels about Cal or Mio... he died with a smile on his face after keeping his promise to Elen.

As for Elen, I'm guessing that empty shell at the end was from the bullet that took her out. They just didn't show the shot like with Reiji. All she needed was Reiji and dying at his side is probably what she wanted at the end of it all, no matter when that ending came.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:27   Link #2475
The1
Relentless sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Reiji died. He died with a warm thought and a smile on his face... he doesn't need to live everyday remembering about all the lives he's taken, the guild he feels about Cal or Mio... he died with a smile on his face after keeping his promise to Elen.
Hah... The stupid part is that bee train shouldn't have followed the footsteps of Kite/Elfen Lied. Just promoting the 'good will' , thus making the sinners(protagonists who have killed without remorse like Lucy,Kira,Oburi and such) pay the price in the very end.

It was unique until he pathetically fell after we hear the sound of a silenced gunfire.
The1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 22:12   Link #2476
gaffer7

Sigh, I think probably the worst part of it all for me was the fact that the rest of the episode before the last two minutes had been so good and I was expecting a happy end after having worried for most of the series that things were going to turn out sadly. Turns out I was right, but having my hopes crushed at the end when I was least expecting it made me rage with a vengeance. I guess you could argue it wasn't a terrible way to finish the series, but I guess it just seemed a frustrating way to end a series I would have enjoyed rewatching a number of times.
Old 2009-10-20, 05:35   Link #2477
Eric10301

What a bogus ending blah! It so reminds me of what happened in the show The Wire on HBO.

Spoiler for The Wire:
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 10:07   Link #2478
Gilgamesh00

Great end, people complain about this end not even understood about central idea of the whole show, karma ...Renji and Elen choose kill to live, this way of live and his other choices have obvious consequences, they were the best Inferno killers, but world is big, and we not need to know who had killed them, because Elen and Renji karma's as already have reached the end, dying when Renji promisse is to be acomplish not is bad at all.
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 10:25   Link #2479
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I would've have minded if they died. The problem, to me, is the way they did it. And some people simply don't think they deserved to die. Anyway, if they're gonna make it about karma then they could atleast go the full mile and kill off the big bad. In the end, he's the only one that survives. And that is a serious piss take.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 10:56   Link #2480
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I would've have minded if they died. The problem, to me, is the way they did it. And some people simply don't think they deserved to die. Anyway, if they're gonna make it about karma then they could atleast go the full mile and kill off the big bad. In the end, he's the only one that survives. And that is a serious piss take.
Come on!, kill people give a bad karma even if you make for survive, they killed a LOT of people in order to survive, even innocent people was killed, the way they died was great for me, Elen and Renji were happy intil the moment where they died, best end for a depressive life immersed in the most deep shit.
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen