AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-08-14, 11:34   Link #81
chaosprophet

I'm also looking forward a lot to this! Btw, can I use one of the Kirino gifs you made as avatar, mikoo?
Old 2010-08-14, 13:58   Link #82
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Hmmm, it looks nice art/animation-wise, but that preview led much to be desired I think. Far too many "happy" Kirino faces, and her facial animations seems.... less dynamic/more generic than how it was drawn in the manga. Still can't wait to see this in motion though =03.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 03:54   Link #83
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Hmmm, it looks nice art/animation-wise, but that preview led much to be desired I think. Far too many "happy" Kirino faces, and her facial animations seems.... less dynamic/more generic than how it was drawn in the manga. Still can't wait to see this in motion though =03.
It's actually closer to the novel illustrations (thanks to the illustrator also working on the anime). Personally I find the manga unintentionally hilarious due to how much it sex'd up Kirino compared to what I imagined reading the translations and seeing the novel illustrations.

In their first nightly counseling session in the manga (no not that kind of session you perverted bastards) we've got panels devoted to her fascinating tiny panties and Kirino herself going from tears of happiness to utter abjection and back in a way that I didn't get from reading her brother's thoughts in the novel.

I imagine the anime will keep a relatively more even keel.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 07:00   Link #84
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
It's actually closer to the novel illustrations (thanks to the illustrator also working on the anime). Personally I find the manga unintentionally hilarious due to how much it sex'd up Kirino compared to what I imagined reading the translations and seeing the novel illustrations.

In their first nightly counseling session in the manga (no not that kind of session you perverted bastards) we've got panels devoted to her fascinating tiny panties and Kirino herself going from tears of happiness to utter abjection and back in a way that I didn't get from reading her brother's thoughts in the novel.

I imagine the anime will keep a relatively more even keel.
I got a similar feeling when I have read both the manga and the novel part that were translated. In my opinion, both are good. I'm really fond of the manga art, I like it's "erotification", plus Kirino acts way more cute than the impression I got from her in the novel. But the novel is quite more detailed, which I also liked a lot. Plus we got more of Kyousuke's perception in the novel, which i find hilarious.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:13   Link #85
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
i got high hopes for this! i saw the PV and it looks promising hope that they'd stick to the material
Old 2010-08-15, 14:31   Link #86
tsunade666

reading kyousuke's perspective in the novel is fun but I wish the anime would create also a bit new like from the manga which also detailed stuff from kirino's side.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 14:57   Link #87
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The anime will be directed by Flame of Recca assistant director !?
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 19:56   Link #88
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I got a similar feeling when I have read both the manga and the novel part that were translated. In my opinion, both are good. I'm really fond of the manga art, I like it's "erotification", plus Kirino acts way more cute than the impression I got from her in the novel. But the novel is quite more detailed, which I also liked a lot. Plus we got more of Kyousuke's perception in the novel, which i find hilarious.
I like it too actually. That the manga was so...expressive...made it different from other light novel-to-manga adaptations out there. Take BakaTest for example, the manga was much more faithful to the novel yet it lacked that certain extra charm of either the anime or the original novel itself.

I'm just saying though that it is something different and that between the two approaches I think the anime will likely follow the novel's tone and direction more.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 21:32   Link #89
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This does look like it will be a fun series to follow. The PV was alright though not a huge fan of the music they went with . Should be interesting.
Old 2010-08-16, 20:32   Link #90
pampz21
ShipCore

wow just finish the manga...and surprisingly I wanted more! well can't wait for the anime! go fall line-up this fall is the best out of my 4 years of being an Otaku fan!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 20:41   Link #91
tsunade666

to be honest. It's not 4 years for me. It's the best line up for all otaku lifetime for me. Everyone for this year fall is just plain awesome!!!
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 20:50   Link #92
pampz21
ShipCore

ye yeH~ make me want to travel through time rather than waiting it every week! I wanna finish them in one go!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 21:41   Link #93
Laurent

Wow, only in October?! I'm usually late in my animes, that will be a first anticipation for me…
Laurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 22:07   Link #94
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I've got to be honest, when I sampled the first chapter of the first novel somewhere, I got the impression that this would turn into an incest story (which turned me off). However, from what I've read here so far, I'll give the anime a shot and see what happens!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 00:41   Link #95
type-R!

Just less than 4 weeks, I just hope that they stay loyal to the novel, given that there will only be 12 episodes and the light novel is still going on and will do so for a while. Hopefully they won't add a non canon end if they catch up to the novel.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 00:50   Link #96
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I've got to be honest, when I sampled the first chapter of the first novel somewhere, I got the impression that this would turn into an incest story (which turned me off). However, from what I've read here so far, I'll give the anime a shot and see what happens!
There's no incest, at least not yet. So I don't think you'll have to worry about that being shown in the anime.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 17:38   Link #97
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
Just less than 4 weeks, I just hope that they stay loyal to the novel, given that there will only be 12 episodes and the light novel is still going on and will do so for a while. Hopefully they won't add a non canon end if they catch up to the novel.
My assumption is that the 1-cour will end either at the end of v4 or just before that (v4c3) depending on what they feel like. Then if viewership is good, green light another cour. By that time, v8-9 should be out and enough for another 12 eps.
Old 2010-09-15, 20:11   Link #98
speck123

OP preview:

speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 22:04   Link #99
tsunade666

woo wooo! Nice OP
Old 2010-09-15, 22:16   Link #100
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yeah, the OP isn't bad, I like it. Can't wait to hear it in better quality.

Tags
comedy, shounen