AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 12 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-12, 04:55   Link #101
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Like someone said in this thread,people took that statement to literally. LOL
Can you blame us? We anime-only people can only cling to the words said in the anime series to base our judgment.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:05   Link #102
Zankoku12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Can you blame us? We anime-only people can only cling to the words said in the anime series to base our judgment.
When it come to anime original that isn't even in the VN,I'm as much as a anime-only watcher as you're

Anyway,what I want to say is there're plenty of way to intercept Haruka's words rather than just "Oh I'm so happy right now so the world is also full of fluffy stuffs,flowers and rainbows".
Old 2013-02-12, 05:06   Link #103
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
On another note, it's interesting to see how the post numbers of Little Busters's episode threads have spiked for Haruka's route compared to the previous episodes. Whatever opinion you may have of this route, the insane melodrama certainly makes it entertaining in a way.
I honestly think Haruka may have the best route in the VN barring Rin + Refrain. Think the anime did mostly fine in getting it adapted too, though I guess it could've used another episode.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:14   Link #104
Enternal

Quote:
And so ends the worst route of the VN and by far the absolute worst part of the anime. Klash has already elaborated quite well on how much the anime staff screwed up on this route. I'm looking forward to Kud's route; whether it is done well or not, reading Animesuki's reactions will be very entertaining.

One thing about Haruka's route that really grated on me in the VN, and was pretty much the same here, was Haruka's life-changing statement: "There are no bad people in this world." Oh, really? What about the extended family members who made your childhood (and your sister's too) a living hell and possibly scarred you psychologically for life? Just because that one sister wasn't quite as much of a bitch as you thought she was (she was still a terrible person, though), doesn't make the world a nice place filled with well-meaning people. I realize that it's important for Haruka to move on with her life and not dwell on the past, and that taking revenge on her family may be overkill, but completely disregarding everything is just jarring.

On another note, it's interesting to see how the post numbers of Little Busters's episode threads have spiked for Haruka's route compared to the previous episodes. Whatever opinion you may have of this route, the insane melodrama certainly makes it entertaining in a way.
I'm very interested in this. How so? Why is she still a terrible person? Her actions are explained. Klash even explained it further what her intentions was so how come she's still a terrible person? What do you think she should have done? It seems that I'm willing to hurt myself and act evil just so that I can protect my important sister seems to be lost along the way to some, even though it was explicitly stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
When it come to anime original that isn't even in the VN,I'm as much as a anime-only watcher as you're

Anyway,what I want to say is there're plenty of way to intercept Haruka's words rather than just "Oh I'm so happy right now so the world is also full of fluffy stuffs,flowers and rainbows".
This. If you're saying that because you're an anime watcher, you took that literally. So what does the VN player do when they read that on the screen? Took it literally as well? The only difference is the medium. When a character in a book say "The stars have fell done on this day..." do you take it literally or think about it? Now if there's an adaptation and the character said the same thing, are you going to expect to see stars falling down? Of course not!
Old 2013-02-12, 05:15   Link #105
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Klash and Tempester - I'm kind of relieved that you guys have picked apart this episode/arc yourselves, because I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with me for being the only person on this thread (for the first three or four pages) to have major issues with this episode.

Quote:

One thing about Haruka's route that really grated on me in the VN, and was pretty much the same here, was Haruka's life-changing statement: "There are no bad people in this world." Oh, really? What about the extended family members who made your childhood (and your sister's too) a living hell and possibly scarred you psychologically for life?
Yeah, I brought that up earlier on this thread myself.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that "There are no evil people in the world" is entirely without philosophical merit. I also think this idea would work as a reasonably good theme for a certain type of narrative.

... But a narrative in which you have an almost cartoonishly evil family viciously abusing the person who comes to that thematic conclusion? That's pretty self-defeating if you ask me, lol.

Quote:
Just because that one sister wasn't quite as much of a bitch as you thought she was (she was still a terrible person, though),
It's interesting to see how polarized opinions on Kanata are.

Morally speaking, I think she's somewhat similar to a person who steals a loaf of bread to feed his/her starving family.

On the one hand, what practical choice did she have? Like the bread-stealer, it's either commit a bad deed or risk a family member dying.

But then, there is the principle of the thing. Stealing harms someone, and what Kanata repeatedly did to Haruka clearly harmed her, and I think there was some collateral fallout from it to (in other words, there were innocent victims caught in the crossfire between Kanata and Haruka).

Kanata should feel sorry for hurting her sister, even if it was for a good cause. If Kanata just flippantly went, "Well, of course I was a bitch to you. Otherwise you would have been killed, girl!", I would see her in a more negative light.

But since she was sincerely apologetic about it, I don't think she's a terrible person. I think she's a good person at heart.

Quote:
Kanata is a very entertaining character. Haruka is equally entertaining when she's feuding with her sister. It makes for gloriously hammy acting.

Kanata is also more interesting to me than any of the main heroines. Kyousuke is probably the only character in this show that I find more interesting than Kanata, at least at this juncture.

But I will admit that Kanata's emotional breakdown in this episode was a touch more melodramatic than what I'd like.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:24   Link #106
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Klash and Tempester - I'm kind of relieved that you guys have picked apart this episode/arc yourselves, because I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with me for being the only person on this thread (for the first three or four pages) to have major issues with this episode.
Hehe I thought the same thing. There were major issues but... I still end up loving the episode. The weather thing though... still bothers me lol.

Quote:
Morally speaking, I think she's somewhat similar to a person who steals a loaf of bread to feed his/her starving family.

On the one hand, what practical choice did she have? Like the bread-stealer, it's either commit a bad deed or risk a family member dying.

But then, there is the principle of the thing. Stealing harms someone, and what Kanata repeatedly did to Haruka clearly harmed her, and I think there was some collateral fallout from it to (in other words, there were innocent victims caught in the crossfire between Kanata and Haruka).

Kanata should feel sorry for hurting her sister, even if it was for a good cause. If Kanata just flippantly went, "Well, of course I was a bitch to you. Otherwise you would have been killed, girl!", I would see her in a more negative light.

But since she was sincerely apologetic about it, I don't think she's a terrible person. I think she's a good person at heart.
Exactly this. She did not expect any forgiveness from Haruka. She just pretty much cries her eyes out expecting that Haruka will continue to hate her but it's fine as long as Haruka lives. But Haruka does forgive her. Such strong bonds...

Quote:
Kanata is a very entertaining character. Haruka is equally entertaining when she's feuding with her sister. It makes for gloriously hammy acting.

Kanata is also more interesting to me than any of the main heroines. Kyousuke is probably the only character in this show that I find more interesting than Kanata, at least at this juncture.

But I will admit that Kanata's emotional breakdown in this episode was a touch more melodramatic than what I'd like.
It was a bit melodramatic but I think it's reasonable since it's something she's been holding for how long? She's clearly not the type that expresses her emotions easily and instead holds them in unlike Haruka who's like a torrent at times lol!
Old 2013-02-12, 05:30   Link #107
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post

Exactly this. She did not expect any forgiveness from Haruka. She just pretty much cries her eyes out expecting that Haruka will continue to hate her but it's fine as long as Haruka lives. But Haruka does forgive her. Such strong bonds...
I thought that much was very well-handled. Kanata not expecting any forgiveness from Haruka, and Haruka surprising her by hugging her from behind and forgiving her.

That much was genuinely beautiful. It's for that bit alone that I can understand people loving this episode.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:35   Link #108
Zankoku12

I've issues with pretty much every episodes but I'm too fed up to pick on every little thing and compared it to the VN. I guess I've already gave up on the show mentally and now just trying to be optimistic while watching it

But I'm happy people talking about its story and characters here with depth unlike other places where they just "Okay,decent arc...NOW BRING KUD ON ALREADY" .......

Also,I wonder if Kanata being a tsundere have crossed anyone's mind
Old 2013-02-12, 05:39   Link #109
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post

Also,I wonder if Kanata being a tsundere have crossed anyone's mind
I thought she was tsundere for Riki, lol.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:48   Link #110
Enternal

Quote:
I was somewhat getting that feeling too but I'm not sure. Although if I'm reading Klash's post right, Klash seems to imply something about Kanata feeling good talking to Riki? Well I don't know but it's quite possible in EX since there's even a route for her.

Either way, are we expecting to see Kanata going full dere with Haruka?
Haruka: Onee-san!
Kanata: *faints with happiness
Old 2013-02-12, 05:58   Link #111
Zankoku12

Quote:
Although if I'm reading Klash's post right, Klash seems to imply something about Kanata feeling good talking to Riki?
I know you didn't really mean anything but still

Spoiler for Kanata's route:

And faint with happiness is just overreacting it...
Old 2013-02-12, 06:49   Link #112
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Not really. She has absolutely no attraction towards Riki whatsoever in Haruka's route. The main point with Kanata regarding Riki was how "conveniently" he shows up like Haruka's saviour, despite being an outsider.
It isn't like Kanata didn't want anyone else to be the one who helps Haruka, but she was afraid that Haruka would get an even worse mental unstability if a sliver of hope would shatter like that (as in Riki utterly failing despite "talking big").

Quote:
I was somewhat getting that feeling too but I'm not sure. Although if I'm reading Klash's post right, Klash seems to imply something about Kanata feeling good talking to Riki? Well I don't know but it's quite possible in EX since there's even a route for her.
Kanata mentioned that herself in Haruka's route, and the context was based on the fact Kanata appreciate talking normally to Riki regarding serious stuff, instead of always staying on the sarcastic tangent.

I personally think Haruka's route was the a bit better than the majority of the heroine route in LB, specifically because you had interesting perspective regarding conflict and characters being not so polarized in black or white (although Haruka was sort of a simpleton for the majority of the original route).
The problem of the route was how the VN conclusion was nearly non existent, and you had a somewhat "rushed" acceptance for Haruka regarding Kanata, despite it took ages for her before regarding her quest to know more about Shou (which was drastically cut in the anime).

I think thoug that her conclusion doesn't need to be similar to Kanata's route (not be discussed here, of course), as they could potentially expand the route for a believable branching result.
However, the "best" conclusion would have been Kanata's instead, which might show up later, who knows.
Old 2013-02-12, 09:04   Link #113
kitten320

For me it was the bast route so far. The Mio one left a complete blank impression on me. Had no effect what so ever while this one, despite being handled slightly poorly, made me care and be interested.
Old 2013-02-12, 09:07   Link #114
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Damn, the twins' mom was busy that day. So why did Jailtime Dad think the mom wasn't in love with him?
That whole shakespearean tragedy for jailtime dad got me interested in Haruka's route again, more specifically the parents roles and what happened in the past. That story of two husbands and one wife, one husband sacrificing 10+ years of his life and then the daughters falling into the wrong hands despite their efforts... I was curious about knowing more details and trying to understand the parents feelings during such a bizzare journey and maybe learn why things had to turn out so tragically. So I did some reading and for anyone interested, here's a summary to share:
Spoiler for Harukas Route in the VN:
Old 2013-02-17, 14:33   Link #115
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

goddammit, Haruka. WHO IS THE FATHER!

We need to get Maury up in here.
Old 2013-02-26, 19:08   Link #116
egnaro315

I don't think the fact that Kanata's right arm containing no scars is a mistake.
If you re-watch the opening and the episode, only her left arm is revealed to be covered with scars.
In the previous episode, during her conversation with Riki about the level of happiness being constant in the world you can see her holding her left arm with her right hand as if it was injured.
In this episode she is also holding her left arm as she confesses to Haruka. I know many Asian parents who hit their child's left arm when they see them use it to eat etc and scarring a child in one place is definitely more effective (and more painful) if they don't want to be caught instead of whipping them everywhere.
Old 2013-04-25, 11:10   Link #117
s07195
However,

Good episode. Though I wasn't sure why Kanata was pretending at the start of the episode (and even thought it was one big conspiracy), it's nice to see things end well. (I don't even want to read how the route was butchered any more... )

Hopefully they start interacting normally even in school now. And I support Mio going to take care of the family!
Old 2013-08-25, 00:24   Link #118
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

just can't resist to bump this thread

Haruka's arc is simply the most beautiful so far

I just want to hug Haruka during whole episode.... while slapping and hugging Kanata as well

their story is just wonderful... too bad that Riki is only acts as good counselor in here
the one who is in active part actually only Haruka and Kanata

don't really care about the adaptation stuff since I'm anime-only viewer
this episode is enough to touch my heart

last thing I want to know is...
is there much differences between Haruka's arc and Kanata's arc (in Little Busters! Ecstasy)??? or is it the same but from different point of view?
Old 2013-10-02, 03:09   Link #119
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, this arc was oddly subtle for Little Busters.
It was oddly subtle for Key.
Hell, I'd say something about JC Staff, but whatever. It was very good and more suited for my sensibilities.

But yea, part of why I felt a disconnect and couldn't finish this anime was that I felt the characters were way too cartoonish and their antics were pretty ridiculous. On the other hand Haruka's arc offers some more down to earth storytelling. The complex family situation was kind of a stretch to grab but it doesn't really matter, as we explore the humanity of two characters that were previously so emotionally distant. Haruka, someone that's been treated so unfairly throughout her life, and constantly having her actions criticized just no longer gave a damn about right and wrong, thus resorting to trolling people. I mean if you just get shit upon for whatever you do, then you tend to become more distrusting of authority and rules. Meanwhile, Kanata had to always "win" in that stupid rat race and bear the burden of having to always perform and put down Haruka.

The whole imposter arc was kinda disturbing and didn't seem to go anywhere, though it does bring upon a new side to Kanata that I am more interested than I really should be. But hey, they really care for each other and fuck those assholes already. Life after will be tough, but it's good to be able to live life on your own anyways. And the people involved sacrificed much to get to this point.

Also, Haruka looks pretty hot in the end; I mean I know she likes to draw attention, but still, lol. And did I just compliment JC on this kind of thing? Oh god.

Next up is Menma Kud. Ah, fuck.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-10-03 at 21:45.
Closed Thread