AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-17, 04:16   Link #121
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

According to AnimeNation News, fifty anime series are going to premier in April and that's a record in Japan.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 09:20   Link #122
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
According to AnimeNation News, fifty anime series are going to premier in April and that's a record in Japan.
Wow. O.o O.O o.O
Old 2006-02-17, 11:06   Link #123
DaFool
Resident devil

I'll be trying at least 40 of those 50 series, if not for entertainment, then for reference / educational purposes. Realistically, I'll probably settle on following 25 series (I've been averaging 12 to 18 series per season).

What little I had of my so-called life will shrink even further
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 22:49   Link #124
wao
OK.

I'm really looking forward to Dennou Coil mentioned by NeoSam earlier. It won't be out until much later - they're actually advertising for staff to work on that particular show so I guess they haven't gotten anyone yet. Why am I looking forward to it? Because one of the l33test people in the animation industry is entirely behind it (director, script, original idea etc.) He did a very very memorable episode of RahXephon, ep 19 (coincidentially he also did a lot for Eva #19...) I'm excited to see what'll happen now.

I noticed there's like, more stuff on Kiba here - OK the character designs look generic and it's all liek teh fantasy-magical-powers stuff, but I don't mind it and HOLY CARP TEH BACKGROUNDS! Teikoku Shounen's production design looks good. Also, good seiyuu - woohoo, Mizuki Nana as yet another female lead in a shounen magical-fantasy anime, as well as Hiroyuki YOshino (woot), and Shinichiro Miki!
Old 2006-02-24, 20:59   Link #125
NeoSam

Ok, It has been a while >.< and another anime got announced:

====================

ちょこッとSister
Chokotto Sister

Broadcast: 2006

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Young Animal.
For now there are 4 volumes released of this manga, and volume 5 will be released on 28/2/2006 (I'll add its cover to this post once its out), here are the covers:

From Kotonoha group:

Quote:
On a certain Christmas day, college student Haruma received a "little sister" as present from Miss Santa (verbatim). Haruma, who knew nothing about the girl, gave her the name "Choko." Just like a dream, a new life began for both of them.
Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance

Author: ZAPPA Go
Artist: TAKEUCHI Sakura

As of now the manga is not licensed: Manganews.

====================

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-03-03 at 14:31.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 15:08   Link #126
NeoSam

The site of Chokotto Sister which I mentioned in my previous post just got opened:
http://www.chocosis.com/

And an update on the broadcast date: Summer 2006
Old 2006-02-26, 20:12   Link #127
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

OMG They finally made it. A harem anime that makes sense.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 22:00   Link #128
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
OMG They finally made it. A harem anime that makes sense.
Which one?
Old 2006-02-27, 04:33   Link #129
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

From Newtype JP March - Garakan, new anime from Gonzo (possibly airing 01/04/06). Character designs by the very talented Okama. Looks like a fantasy adventure type series. Website here.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 04:44   Link #130
wao
OK.

Cool, it's Gonzo x Satelight. The eye candy will definitely be there, at least in terms of effects and photography. As for animation I hope it's not the Hellsing Ultimate Satelight but more like the Arjuna Satelight or Noein Satelight... I guess the designs would be nice.

But I'm worried the story will suck like shit because the guy who did the series composition for UPS is behind this. Gosh if this is going to have contrived and stupid plots like that show then I'm not watching it.
Old 2006-02-27, 04:52   Link #131
Rainy

Quote:
Cool, it's Gonzo x Satelight. The eye candy will definitely be there, at least in terms of effects and photography.
I dearly hope the animation become Last Exile-esque good.
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 08:49   Link #132
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Cool, it's Gonzo x Satelight. The eye candy will definitely be there, at least in terms of effects and photography. As for animation I hope it's not the Hellsing Ultimate Satelight but more like the Arjuna Satelight or Noein Satelight... I guess the designs would be nice.
More 'Noein Satelight' would be most welcome, especially in the battle sequences. Also I can't remember where I saw (or read more likely) but Okama replaced Range Murata as the concept artist on this show. I may be mistaken though....

This and Kiba are the only shows this coming season that seem even remotely interesting. A welcome tonic to the loli, ecchi, harem crap that seems to be flooding the marketplace /rant...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 15:27   Link #133
NeoSam

Another anime got announced:

====================

ぽこよ
Pocoyo

Broadcast: May 2006

http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/pocoyo/

====================

I'm not sure if this is an anime or not, but it is listed on MoonPhase anime list.
Old 2006-02-28, 03:42   Link #134
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

true tears looks good. well any anime based on bishoujo game is good in my book :>.

they need to announce ufo princess s5. gettin very antsy
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 10:12   Link #135
NeoSam

Two New Negima Anime

From Anime News Network:

Quote:
Kodansha Announces Two New Negima Anime Produced by Studio Shaft
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a foldout page in Weekly Shônen Magazine issue 13 (released March 1), Kôdansha officially announced two new anime based om Mahou Sensei Negima! will be produced.

Production will be moved from Xebec to Shaft and will feature the creative talents of Akiyuki Shinbo (director) and Kazuhiro Ota (character designer), the team that produced Pani Poni Dash!

Spring Edition, one of the new Negima anime will be screened at a Negima event held by Kôdansha and King Records
at Tokyo Kôseinenkin Kaikan on April 23rd. A discussion featuring voice actresses from Negima will also be a part of the event. The application coupon to attend the Negima event is included in Weekly Shônen Magazine.

Release details for the new anime have not yet been announced to the public.

Animate has confirmed the news here.

Thanks to Vitruvius for this item.
Its based on a manga thats serialized in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Magazine.

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Romance

Edit: Chokotto Sister volume 5 was released on 28/2/2006 so I added it with the other volumes a few posts above.
I'm not going to add new covers of other volumes of manga/novels of anime mentioned in this thread, this is just a special case since the volume was released a few days after the announcement of the anime.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-03-03 at 14:35.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 11:15   Link #136
wao
OK.

The following images may relevant to those interested:

Spoiler for magazine scans showing images and blah:

Frankly speaking that just looks weird... stolen off iichan which was probably stolen, in turn, from somewhere else.

Well not like I'm watching it either way...
Old 2006-03-03, 11:50   Link #137
shadowplay
passive observer

Shinbo Akiyuki/SHAFT doing Negima anime!??!?!?!
That's gonna be like total insanity.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 13:08   Link #138
DaFool
Resident devil

Yeah. Pinhole-camera-angle pantsu.
Superflat-isometric-boob shots.

Those I gotta see ^_^
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 10:30   Link #139
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

"Spider Riders"

I couldn't find mention in this thread, so here goes:

"Spider Riders" is a co-production of Bee Train and a Canadian children's television company (no, not Nelvana!) which, according to Moonphase, starts airing in Japan on April 5th. On March 25th, Teletoon Canada will air a 90-minute special, and start airing the series "later in the summer".

Here's some clips on the Teletoon site: http://www.teletoon.com/unrealworld_...=tvSpecialsVip

The dub and the music are very westernized, which I guess is to be expected. The show is aimed at the young male demographic (what a surprise). The story was written by a pair of veteran Disney cartoon writers, and the dub kind of looks like that script was translated to Japanese, then re-translated back to English to fit the mouth flaps.

I haven't been able to find any information about whether or not the music will be different in the Japanese version or not; if it's in that Moonphase blurb, Bablefish didn't help me with it.

I think the animation looks like it might be pretty good, but then again, I'm biased.
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 10:42   Link #140
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini 8.5
I couldn't find mention in this thread, so here goes:

"Spider Riders" is a co-production of Bee Train and a Canadian children's television company (no, not Nelvana!) which, according to Moonphase, starts airing in Japan on April 5th. On March 25th, Teletoon Canada will air a 90-minute special, and start airing the series "later in the summer".

Here's some clips on the Teletoon site: http://www.teletoon.com/unrealworld_...=tvSpecialsVip

The dub and the music are very westernized, which I guess is to be expected. The show is aimed at the young male demographic (what a surprise). The story was written by a pair of veteran Disney cartoon writers, and the dub kind of looks like that script was translated to Japanese, then re-translated back to English to fit the mouth flaps.

I haven't been able to find any information about whether or not the music will be different in the Japanese version or not; if it's in that Moonphase blurb, Bablefish didn't help me with it.

I think the animation looks like it might be pretty good, but then again, I'm biased.
Well, it's listed for TV-Tokyo airing on April 2nd, 5PM I believe. So I'm guessing, especially with the lipflaps on Teletoon's site, that they made a dub for this.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers