AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-05, 14:48   Link #36241
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
It depends on the places (or the standard for recruitment). In Canada, I would trust an average soldier more than an average politician atm. Whether they will actually be better at the job of governing is a different matter. In long term, I would agree that even the military would be open to being bribed just like the politicians.

And a military rule will indeed be more risky as you mentioned.
The average soldier? What about the average general? Or, more precisely, the average general in an army that doesn't answer to its own government?

It's not a feature, it's a bug.
Old 2015-04-05, 15:21   Link #36242
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Unrelated. Ukraine got invaded because the Europe didn't respect the treaty that was made after the fall of the USSR. They kind of did to Russia what the US experienced (and Cuba pays the price for that up to today).
you really think if Ukraine still has nukes, Russian soldier would marching in eastern Ukraine?
Old 2015-04-05, 18:40   Link #36243
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Oddly I could see the Russians actually doing it even if Ukraine had nukes. What is Ukraine going do about it? If they try to nuke Moscow or the troops, they Russians just retaliate with more and Ukraine still falls.
Old 2015-04-06, 01:00   Link #36244
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Oddly I could see the Russians actually doing it even if Ukraine had nukes. What is Ukraine going do about it? If they try to nuke Moscow or the troops, they Russians just retaliate with more and Ukraine still falls.
That won't do Putin any good if the seaport get irradiated.
Old 2015-04-06, 01:53   Link #36245
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
At the very least, the instability of a nuclear armed country would put a lot of security forces on alert and prevent the escalation of the war. In case the country losses a nuclear device to someone.
Old 2015-04-06, 08:19   Link #36246
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Twitter and YouTube blocked in Turkey over images of hostage-taking
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MX0JG20150406

Republicans push demand for a vote on Iran nuclear deal
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MW0QF20150406

China angered after U.S. fighter jets land in Taiwan
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MT0SA20150402
Old 2015-04-06, 08:49   Link #36247
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
you really think if Ukraine still has nukes, Russian soldier would marching in eastern Ukraine?
The point of my post flew over your head I see.
Old 2015-04-06, 09:10   Link #36248
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Pension cash changes come into force.
Sweeping changes to pension rules which will give savers much more control over their money have come into force.
Quote:
Pension changes 2015

*People aged 55 and over can withdraw any amount from a Defined Contribution (DC) scheme, subject to income tax
*Tax changes make it easier to pass pension savings on to descendants
*Many people with Defined Benefits (DB) schemes will be allowed to transfer to DC plans
*All retirees will have access to free guidance from the government's Pension Wise service
*Existing annuity holders unaffected for the time being, but there are plans for them to be able to sell their annuity
I don't know if it's a good idea to allow people to claim their pensions very early before the retirement. What happens if they use that money poorly like for an bad investment and lose big, leaving little for them when they retire?
Old 2015-04-06, 10:23   Link #36249
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Pension cash changes come into force.
Sweeping changes to pension rules which will give savers much more control over their money have come into force.

I don't know if it's a good idea to allow people to claim their pensions very early before the retirement. What happens if they use that money poorly like for an bad investment and lose big, leaving little for them when they retire?
Quote:
All retirees will have access to free guidance from the government's Pension Wise service
That is the catch. They can throttle the payments if they screw up.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-04-06, 13:30   Link #36250
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The average soldier? What about the average general? Or, more precisely, the average general in an army that doesn't answer to its own government?

It's not a feature, it's a bug.
Well, as long as there's no rebellion... And if there's illegitimate rebellion, then UN should intervene if you are part of UN. *coughinourdreamcough*
Old 2015-04-07, 08:16   Link #36251
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

China urges Japan to properly educate youth over disputed islands
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MY0PN20150407

U.S. says Iran sanctions face phase-out, Obama knocks Israel demand
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MY05H20150407

Obama says would move fast to take Cuba off terrorism sponsor list
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MY0ND20150407
Old 2015-04-07, 22:52   Link #36252
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
China urges Japan to properly educate youth over disputed islands
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MY0PN20150407
What about teaching yours in China properly about other disputed territories first? Shit must me reaching millions of necks in China if the government keeps spouting the same crap to divert public opinion.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2015-04-07 at 23:10.
Old 2015-04-08, 01:40   Link #36253
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
What about teaching yours in China properly about other disputed territories first? Shit must me reaching millions of necks in China if the government keeps spouting the same crap to divert public opinion.
San Francisco Treaty.

Just because they weren't invited because they are too busy fighting amongst themselves to have a legitimate representative, means that the treaty is not recognised.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-04-08, 01:51   Link #36254
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
San Francisco Treaty.

Just because they weren't invited because they are too busy fighting amongst themselves to have a legitimate representative, means that the treaty is not recognised.
As much as their opinion doesn't matter because they didn't make the effort to show up. Like in any political assembly, local or international, your vote and opinion won't count if you don't show up. Even so, that treaty was ratified by 48 out of 51 participating nations.
Old 2015-04-08, 02:29   Link #36255
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

The Chinese still hold the Japanese to the Potsdam Declaration, even thought the San Fransisco Treaty came out with different terms. That the Japanese still followed (more or less) the Potsdam Declaration is something. That the Americans gave back to the Japanese territory they controlled after 25 years is up to the Americans, not any of the peace treaties of the 1940s or 50s.

On an unrelated thought similar note, some radical Zionist hold to the Balfour Declaration (1917) while the British Mandate for Palestine (1922) is what actually has any real meaning. But the "shadow" of Sykes–Picot Agreement still hovers over the places like Syria.
Old 2015-04-08, 07:02   Link #36256
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

A third of Republicans support Iran nuclear deal: Reuters/Ipsos poll
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MZ0AG20150408

White South Carolina policeman charged with murdering black man
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MY28220150408

Pakistan and U.S. close in on $1 billion helicopter, weapons deal
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MZ0XQ20150408
Old 2015-04-08, 07:21   Link #36257
JokerD

South Carolina police charged after black man shot dead

Well this is rare...
Old 2015-04-08, 09:08   Link #36258
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
That is outright murder in the video. The guy was running and the policeman didn't even reach for his taser.

And 8 rounds? Seriously that is less than 25m. Could have put 2 rounds downrange and knock him down for the rest.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2015-04-08 at 09:19.
Old 2015-04-08, 09:21   Link #36259
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is outright murder in the photo. The guy was running and the policeman didn't even reach for his taser.
That article didn't include all of the information I heard last night on the news. The officer did indeed taser the man. However, the taser was ineffective. According to the officer, the man then grabbed for the taser before turning around and running off. According to the officer, that's when he pulled out his gun and started shooting. It's hard to see in the article's video because it's cut short, but if you look at the officer's feet, you can see a box-like object. That's the taser. If the video had continued, you would see that the taser's wire is still attached the man because the wire reflects in the sunlight. It's hard to see the wire, I didn't see it until the video was repeated during the evening newscast.

I'm not saying that the officer was right in shooting. I'm only saying that the quoted BBC article failed to include all the pertinent information.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2015-04-08, 09:39   Link #36260
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I'm not saying that the officer was right in shooting. I'm only saying that the quoted BBC article failed to include all the pertinent information.
In the video the officer also can be observed moving the taser and placing it next to the victims body. Shooting a fleeing person is a crime and he had to know it. No where in the video is the victim observed to be grabbing for the officers taser. The officer's original story, which would have likely held up if not for this video, was that in the process of the suspect trying to wrestle the taser away from him, he pulled his revolver and shot him. The video clearly shows that to be a lie.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news