Mentar
Banned

About chapter 9:

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 01:08   Link #82
DanielSong39

After Chapter 9...

Amusing stuff but it's actually Haruto who's misunderstanding the situation. Gees, when is he going to wake up and realize what he's actually doing?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:58   Link #83
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

So I just found this and read up to chapter 9. Seo is up to his old tricks: he can only draw one face; his hero has zero emotional intelligence, is stupidly bitchy and keeps causing misunderstandings; his heroine is almost impossible to fathom; the competing girl is perfect but limp; the bbf is a selfish nonentity. And yet I enjoyed every page. I guess Yuzuki met Haruto when they were little and has had a crush on him for ten years. That may make two girls in that position. But I know I'll keep reading to find out, anyway. Despite all the problems, Seo has a knack of making characters that hold my interest.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:39   Link #84
gibits
Endless

I like this series, and i really liked Suzuka as well. Don't see why everyone is hating on Haruto and Yamato tho, this type of popular but naive male lead is typical of all romance mangas, not just Seo's works.

If you can't enjoy it then maybe this isn't your cup of tea? If you want male leads taking advantage of all the girls that like him then try School Days instead.

You can criticize all you want, but there was a time you took a girl's words for face value (and you prolly still do) instead of looking at her actions (which is an indication you are really paying attention to her). How many times have you heard a girl you liked say: "when we were younger i had such a huge crush on you....(but you were too chickenshit/dumb to do anything about it"
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 11:41   Link #85
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
I like this series, and i really liked Suzuka as well. Don't see why everyone is hating on Haruto and Yamato tho, this type of popular but naive male lead is typical of all romance mangas, not just Seo's works.
I think you're missing the point, i found him to be ok in chapter 8 and 9 but before that he was shown irregularly and artificially tempered by the author just for the sake of having such a "popular type of male lead" which went over the top for my taste. I mean this guy even freaked out over nothing when he just heard of Eba moving into the same house when there were no indications of her stirring up his love life in the near future, does that sound reasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
If you can't enjoy it then maybe this isn't your cup of tea? If you want male leads taking advantage of all the girls that like him then try School Days instead.
Stop reading because just one character is nerve-racking? We all know he will change to be a real gentle and loving type but the way he started was unpleasant for most people here and trust me most of us here have enough experience with many series to know this archetype of character to be common but given the reaction of most people here the author probably went a little too far when making Haruto that moody, tempered and emotionally numb at the start.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 17:14   Link #86
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I think you're missing the point, i found him to be ok in chapter 8 and 9 but before that he was shown irregularly and artificially tempered by the author just for the sake of having such a "popular type of male lead" which went over the top for my taste. I mean this guy even freaked out over nothing when he just heard of Eba moving into the same house when there were no indications of her stirring up his love life in the near future, does that sound reasonable?

Stop reading because just one character is nerve-racking? We all know he will change to be a real gentle and loving type but the way he started was unpleasant for most people here and trust me most of us here have enough experience with many series to know this archetype of character to be common but given the reaction of most people here the author probably went a little too far when making Haruto that moody, tempered and emotionally numb at the start.
Ok I see your point, you don't like the delivery of said archetype. But I think the charm of it is that we all know he will turn into cool guy. Most boys at that age are spazs, and tend to be emo and overreact over little things. Teenagers are emo by nature and I don't really find Haruto's reactions to be all the far fetched. He didn't want Eba around because he was afraid she would complicate his life, which she did.....although not all in a bad way. And I wouldn't say he was emotionally numb, he spazs out so much because he's so emo. He's an emotional idiot (a girl kissing you should be a clear indication that she likes you), but I would not say he's numb by any means.

I agree with you that many authors of romances such as this don't show why the main lead is so popular with so many ladies. Seo did a good job with Yamato (good looking, track star, nice guy), but I really don't see the charm in Haruto. I mean I can see why Eba would like him (ie being her slave) but not Nanami.

I always liked Miki from Suzuka and its nice to see her in Eba. Maybe she will get the guy here (poor Miki). The pace of the story is starting to slow down a bit, and with chapter 9's development I'd say we are in for a long haul.

What's so great about Nanami? I don't get why Haruto likes her when Eba is so much more fun (albeit high maintanence)....... but I guess Seo likes girls that are high maintanence like Suzuka, maybe he feels they are worth the chase.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 03:12   Link #87
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

The problem I'm having with this series is Seo is failing to offer something new to this kind of storyline, it is too much like other series. I'm failing to see anything that may seperate it from other common storylines at the moment and am really only continueing to read it because of what his previous manga Suzuka offered. At the moment I think he may well fail to live upto that Suzuka with this series at least.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 02:23   Link #88
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

Seeing this manga the artwork right away reminded me of Suzuka. I started reading it and I was impressed. The style of romance manga is similar with Suzuka. The main guy, Haruto, has a crush a girl named Kanzaki. Unexpectedly, a city girl named Eba suddenly comes to his house to live with him in order to attend school. The story leads on to becoming more entangled with Haruto having mixed feelings.
Onchuu_Norin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:25   Link #89
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Spoiler for ch10:
Old 2008-08-24, 11:08   Link #90
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 10:
Old 2008-08-24, 12:18   Link #91
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Spoiler for Chapter 10:

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:55   Link #92
X207
Gamyūsa

ch10
Spoiler:
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 02:06   Link #93
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Spoiler for Chapter 10:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 15:27   Link #94
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Spoiler for Chapter 11:

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 15:28   Link #95
Omnicent

What! ch11 out already
Omnicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 16:02   Link #96
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Chapter 11 was *yawn*, this storyline is being very typical at the moment.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 16:25   Link #97
DanielSong39

Typical but fun. Unlike his other work, it doesn't register too high on the "annoying" scale and for that I am grateful.

As for Haruto it looks like he will soon come to a realization that Yuzuki is his woman. He has more than enough clues to realize that Kanzaki isn't really interested in him and that they have no future.

Gees, now Akari is getting into the act; at this point it seems like Haruto will be the last person to figure out that he is in a relationship...

Flash forward 10 years...

"Takashi, please don't tell anyone about this - it's embarrassing!"
"Haruto, you married Yuzuki 5 years ago and have two kids. I don't think anyone doubts that you two are a couple."
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 16:50   Link #98
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I like this development as well. After all it can turn into a very interesting situation with many outcomes.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:09   Link #99
X207
Gamyūsa

i find he was rather cold early on in this ch but i have yet to guess who he will end up with. all i know that when the full battle ensues it will be chaotic. re ch 12 can either eventually realise akari's uncertainty when it comes to sho she may like even b4 that brother appeared. though i think that guy is only a the 1st crush rather than a partner for her atm. imo its haruto she's after but yuzuki wll be a hard opponent to topple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

Gees, now Akari is getting into the act; at this point it seems like Haruto will be the last person to figure out that he is in a relationship...

Flash forward 10 years...

"Takashi, please don't tell anyone about this - it's embarrassing!"
"Haruto, you married Yuzuki 5 years ago and have two kids. I don't think anyone doubts that you two are a couple."
if yuzuki does end up with him that is sure as hell to happen.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 07:18   Link #100
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Chapter 11 was *yawn*, this storyline is being very typical at the moment.
#care as long as the characters are well drawn and eba is fun too:P
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life