Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-12-15, 16:48   Link #8621
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You people saying that Revive should die are just heartless. He/she is one of my favorite characters at the moment, and there's still the encounter with Anew that has to happen. Like i said in another thread, the mobile suit can be destroyed, but Revive can still survive.
I think it's mainly just the people who became fans of Anew over the last two episodes are getting the sense that Revive doesn't really care about his "sister", and thus are getting real hostile real fast.

Though I dunno, personally, I feel like it wouldn't be such a bad idea. We're almost 3/4ths of the way though the series, about time they started getting rid of some more antagonists.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 16:49   Link #8622
NyxOne

...Well, very few people have had their MSes go up and survive in the process, you know.

And the 'encounter' with Anew, who, by the way, isn't exactly confirmed to be an Innovator, may or may not happen. Plus, it isn't 'heartless'- it's sort of made obvious thanks to what the producers have given us.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 16:57   Link #8623
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
...Well, very few people have had their MSes go up and survive in the process, you know.

And the 'encounter' with Anew, who, by the way, isn't exactly confirmed to be an Innovator, may or may not happen. Plus, it isn't 'heartless'- it's sort of made obvious thanks to what the producers have given us.
What? you really don't think episode 25's epilogue counts as confirmation?

I mean that looks like Anew there.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 16:58   Link #8624
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
I say heartless because that's what a lot of fans are like these days. Not caring about who gets killed as long as it looks flashy.

Yes i know it's still un-confirmed that Anew is an Innovator, though we already know about the speculation behind it. Especially the scene in episode 11.

& i'm with ashlay like i have pointed out before. There's no buts about it, that is Anew. No point waiting for confirmation when the evidence is right there in-front of you.
Old 2008-12-15, 17:02   Link #8625
NyxOne

Well...Revive's a villain? It's kinda, you know, common for villains to die and for some people to want them to die.
Old 2008-12-15, 17:39   Link #8626
SuperJiwon

I have no idea what kind of statements Sunrise is trying to make with this series. It seems according to them it is alright to intervene in wars and completely slaughter both sides in a conflict, since they don't seem to care for the lives of soldiers at all. It is also apparent that if a terrorist organization runs a daycare in their military installations it is immoral to attack them and that they automatically have the moral high ground in all conflicts. (This really irritates me. When Kathalon's base got attacked by the A-Laws Sunrise made it like, "Oh no the children! A-Laws you evil bastards!". When the real question is why the fuck were there children in a terrorist military base? And the fact that if anything happened to them it would be great propaganda to inflame the population and recruit more members has NOTHING to do with why Kathalon had children in harms way right?") Plus, it is all right to kill people and destroy lives if you are doing it to change the world, regardless if the vast majority of the world does not agree with your sentiments. One thing I definitely don't agree with, is their technology trumps strategy and skill stance. It really urks me that Celestial Being is staffed by a bunch of average skilled losers and they win every single battle against more experienced and skillful opponents only because their technology pretty much plays Roshambo with the best the federation can dredge up.(And it's never the federations turn, everytime it looks like the federation will get a turn, Celestial Being busts out some other bullshit upgrade, ie. Trans-Am, O-raiser)

The situation with Celestial Being kind of reminds me of a dialog from the movie Serenity, from the conversation between Malcom and the Operative. Celestial Being is no where as blatantly extreme as the Operative, but their victim count is probably a million times higher if you count the casualties caused by the effects their actions have on the world.

The Operative: I'm sorry. If your quarry goes to ground, leave no ground to go to. You should have taken my offer. Or did you think none of this was your fault?
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: I don't murder children.
The Operative: I do. If I have to.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Why? Do you even know why they sent you?
The Operative: It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?
The Operative: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

I'm hoping for the "change the world but everyone in Celestial Being dies heroically" ending right now, though I doubt Sunrise will have the balls to do another one of those endings so soon after Code Geass. It looks like it will be the "Terrorism rocks! Damn the man! Viva La Revolucion!" ending.
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 17:56   Link #8627
NyxOne

(Well, the automatons didn't kill any of the kids...)

And upgrades...well, they can't be helped. I also don't really like how CB rolls, but...well, to suggest that Sunrise advocate terrorism is a bit of a stretch.
Old 2008-12-15, 18:00   Link #8628
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJiwon View Post
I have no idea what kind of statements Sunrise is trying to make with this series. It seems according to them it is alright to intervene in wars and completely slaughter both sides in a conflict, since they don't seem to care for the lives of soldiers at all. It is also apparent that if a terrorist organization runs a daycare in their military installations it is immoral to attack them and that they automatically have the moral high ground in all conflicts. (This really irritates me. When Kathalon's base got attacked by the A-Laws Sunrise made it like, "Oh no the children! A-Laws you evil bastards!". When the real question is why the fuck were there children in a terrorist military base? And the fact that if anything happened to them it would be great propaganda to inflame the population and recruit more members has NOTHING to do with why Kathalon had children in harms way right?") Plus, it is all right to kill people and destroy lives if you are doing it to change the world, regardless if the vast majority of the world does not agree with your sentiments. One thing I definitely don't agree with, is their technology trumps strategy and skill stance. It really urks me that Celestial Being is staffed by a bunch of average skilled losers and they win every single battle against more experienced and skillful opponents only because their technology pretty much plays Roshambo with the best the federation can dredge up.(And it's never the federations turn, everytime it looks like the federation will get a turn, Celestial Being busts out some other bullshit upgrade, ie. Trans-Am, O-raiser)

The situation with Celestial Being kind of reminds me of a dialog from the movie Serenity, from the conversation between Malcom and the Operative. Celestial Being is no where as blatantly extreme as the Operative, but their victim count is probably a million times higher if you count the casualties caused by the effects their actions have on the world.

The Operative: I'm sorry. If your quarry goes to ground, leave no ground to go to. You should have taken my offer. Or did you think none of this was your fault?
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: I don't murder children.
The Operative: I do. If I have to.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Why? Do you even know why they sent you?
The Operative: It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?
The Operative: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

I'm hoping for the "change the world but everyone in Celestial Being dies heroically" ending right now, though I doubt Sunrise will have the balls to do another one of those endings so soon after Code Geass. It looks like it will be the "Terrorism rocks! Damn the man! Viva La Revolucion!" ending.
the memento mory in that shot kill more people then what CB did the entire season 1

and to say that Sunrise advocate terrorism jajajaja nice joke it was a joke right? :\
LordStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 18:33   Link #8629
Souryu
nothing at all...

Something crossed my mind while you guys talked about Anew...

- Innovators are made in pairs, right? Tieria - Regene, Ribbons - Healing.
- All Innovators so far are... men.
- Tieria showed that he could trick everybody into thinking he was a woman.
- Anew seems to be Revive's pair

What do i mean with that? Simple, fellas.... ANEW IS FRICKIN GUY AND LOCKON 2 IS HITTING ON A GUY, OMFG, THE HORROR.
Souryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 18:37   Link #8630
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
AND LOCKON 2 IS HITTING ON A GUY, OMFG, THE HORROR.
Lockon 1 hit on Tieria too, didn't he?
Old 2008-12-15, 18:37   Link #8631
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:

What do i mean with that? Simple, fellas.... ANEW IS FRICKIN GUY AND LOCKON 2 IS HITTING ON A GUY, OMFG, THE HORROR.
XD lmao imagine anew telling Lockon Surprise!!!! im a guy XD
Old 2008-12-15, 18:38   Link #8632
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
XD lmao imagine anew telling Lockon Surprise!!!! im a guy XD
Better yet, Lockon starts groping and then discovers the ****!!!!!!!!!!!111 The horror!
Old 2008-12-15, 18:43   Link #8633
Tangerine

Quote:

Not, isn't. Innovators are genderless, or both, male and female.
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 18:44   Link #8634
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Better yet, Lockon starts groping and then discovers the ****!!!!!!!!!!!111 The horror!
LMAO ROLFMAO XD hahahahahahaha he will kill himself :P
Old 2008-12-15, 18:50   Link #8635
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Not, isn't. Innovators are genderless, or both, male and female.
No proof that they are. If you're talking about the interview that stated them as gender-neutral, that was what the VAs for them were stating about what they had to do for the roles.
Old 2008-12-15, 18:53   Link #8636
mike_s_6

Quote:
This I'd love to see
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 18:58   Link #8637
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That's just sweet sweet doujin material. <3
Old 2008-12-15, 18:58   Link #8638
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

And I think Innovators are like dolls. They don't have reproductive organs
Old 2008-12-15, 18:59   Link #8639
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I'm with you on that, which just leads to them being labeled genderless.
Old 2008-12-15, 19:06   Link #8640
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
The problem with that is that they do eat and drink. So "Number 1" has to come out of somewhere...

Tags
spoilers