AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-28, 22:17   Link #581
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm a big fan of Hina's, but I acknowledge the strengths of the other females in the story. ANY of them, would have been a vast improvement over Ui... I wouldn't have been crushed if Hina had still lost, just as long as any of them would have won over this wet noodle that we got.

pretty much this. All the characters were likeable enough to where I wouldn't mind seeing any one of them "win" other than Ui. Her character/story/background was not really compelling at all to me. Honestly I don't think I can actually pick favorites from the cast, it'd be more of excluding Ui, and... um that's really it. Heck even though I assumed it was a Ui end from ep1 I wouldn't of minded if the story to get them together was, if not believable, at least enjoyable. Though I don't think I could blame the source material, I would have to lay that on those actually producing the anime itself based on previous posts about the relevant plot.
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 23:02   Link #582
MasterVampire

Pretty average

5/10
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 01:40   Link #583
G.o.S
~desu♥

This is probably the first anime I saw where the couple received the blessing from almost everyone around them (the entire village rather). It makes for a very powerful confession scene. They were cheering for the two kids, even the two girls who were brutally rejected. The atmosphere and the background music were great in the last episode.
Not perfect overall but I still did enjoy the show compare to many other harems.
Old 2011-06-29, 06:00   Link #584
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

As pointed out by many, it's not that the final choice was particularly bad, but rather the motivations for it were pretty poor.
If we put aside the random encounter with kiss at the beginning and some hanging around in the first episodes, nothing that was shown gave away particular hints of a building relationship. It just had to be Ui, that's all of the motivations I've got.

So, a really poor execution. Truth to be told, it's not that Kazuma's interactions with the other girls were much better, except two. With Madoka there was a very poor mixture of shared feelings, emotions, memories and interests. Koyori has been the heroine for 1 episode/1 episode and a half, thus mining her believability as a contender. Tsumugi, who's Tsumugi in Kazuma's eyes other than a smart and mature senpai?
Things went better with Hina, towards whom our protagonist has at least shown some understanding, and white knight attitude. Although in my opinion the best choice for him would have been Ibuki, great chemistry, relevant interactions, mutual understanding, similar characters (both on the active/adventurous side, but also both capable of being thoughtful and well mannered). In facts Ibuki seemed the most struck by the rejection; sure there was also Madoka, but I saw her more as resigned. Ibuki probably also knew she stood little chances towards Ui, but yet she tried because she believed in it, and this is perfectly consistent with her character.

Speaking of consistencies, the last episode lacked some. The whole Megami being replaced at the last moment was pretty lame to say the least, so they missed their chanced to give a proper closure to the series. Perhaps a last episode with a lot of Kazuma x Ui interactions, showing us that their getting together is a wonderful thing, would have been a nicer touch. Instead they only had two/three moments before the main scene at the play, and the final scene under the starry bridge.

All in all, I am giving this series a 6/10.
It's more of a 6,5 but seeing the lack of a proper closure, the rating is rounded down (while I was more than willing to round it up in case of a convincing finale).
Old 2011-06-29, 16:41   Link #585
Johnny
Working the bags...

Mediocre adaption and one that will never grace my eyesight again. Also a poor choice for the final heroine. Like Pellissier said above, it was going to be Ui from the start no matter how little of anything went on between the two. Which was hardly any at all when compared to several others characters that got some actual development between Kazuma. Then we get this sudden awkward moments between the two in this last episode. That left me scratching my head at where the hell did that come from all of a sudden? Oh well done is done and nothing much else to say about it...
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 18:47   Link #586
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Tsumugi is such a trickster, expected ending after the other 2 got rejected.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:42   Link #587
Zodiamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
I think one of the only finer points of Ui is her eyes, Looking into her eyes is like standing at a plain of grass, staring at the night sky, and waiting for a wishing star to pass....
Ok.

Old 2011-06-30, 02:34   Link #588
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Spoiler for unhealthy for reading:
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 06:16   Link #589
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Megami poster, now this is a better way to end the series than the one they've chosen!

Spoiler for very NSFW Tsumugi, Ui & Madoka:

+ Nyantype:

Spoiler for slightly NSFW Ui:
Old 2011-06-30, 08:07   Link #590
Dop
Mmmm....

So he went with the most insipid character in the end, eh?
Heck, a brocon ending would at least have been amusing and given people something to talk about!

I was amused by the bit where they mentioned the history of the ceremony, and of crops improving when there's a confession. "And if they don't confess to each other", I thought, "chuck 'em in the wicker man! That'll sort the crops out!"
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 08:22   Link #591
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Megami poster,

now this is a better way to end the series than the one they've chosen!
a better way, indeed. ... request in the making ...
Old 2011-06-30, 12:00   Link #592
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Everything went downhill for me after the beach episode.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 13:02   Link #593
Midonin
Last Engage

Hoshikaka 12 - The Bees and the...er...Snakes?

The toughest part of this was the waiting until Thursday. Supporting the show does feel good, but I was always late to the conversation. Like now. No matter, though. Comments are comments. While much lower key than the rest of the episodes, it wasn't too bad. The confession scene was pretty nice (the music helped too), and the show overall was a nice watch. The cast had some great chemistry, and the balance was pretty evenly spread out. Tsumugi didn't get as much time as the rest of the cast, but she still got a few scenes that defined her character and gave her some depth - the scene at the beach comes to mind. And even this episode still had some amusing moments, such as the bee in the beginning. I liked the special version of the OP sung by the three leading heroines as well.

Though I only have two adaptations to go on, I think I've got the hang of feng's style, and I can say I find it enjoyable. While everything is grounded (mostly) in the mundane, it's still got a zingy sense of humor about itself. The characters all have some definite personality. Even the side characters like Daigo and Kasane are good, and Yamabiko is quite a colorful town. Not a bad job on the worldbuilding.

But in every story, there are thousands of smaller stories. I'm not talking about the other routes (for once), but Ayumu. He's probably got a harem of his own at his middle school. That's not a bad jumping off point for a fandisc...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 13:57   Link #594
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Harem Review,

Honestly, this is your 'Generic Harem'. Nothing special, nothing learned, nothing lost.
Moeblob wins, Childhood friend loses, random girls who meets hero loses.
No super powers, each girl gets 1-2 episode of content buildup and that's it. No infighting. No Yandere's armed with Knives. No Tsunderes armed with Swords. No overly sensual Blonde girls. No split personalities.

The best we got was a SLIGHT Oniichan reference.

Honestly, a SUPER generic Harem.

On the Forbin Harem scale, this one was a 'Interesting Bleh'

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 15:42   Link #595
Iced Tea

I agree with the posters above.

Why do anime shows like this one end up with the male character confessing to the ditz 99% of the time when there are other females that have better fleshed out characters and story lines?

I was disappointed at the end; I thought the final episode was rushed like there was another 3 or 4 episodes that should have been shown first and were lost so they went right to the last one instead.

So what if Kazuma is a clumsy guy who tripped on some rocks and kissed Ui. Ui has a crush on her brother and projected it on Kazuma. Ui spent most of her time with Kazuma eating which isn't a top ten quality that makes men fall in love with women. Kazuma will need a high paying job to keep Ui from starving.

Kazuma should have chosen Sakai Hina, Hinata Ibuki or Toudou Tsumugi, all of which were portrayed as having brains and worked or did club activities; good qualities for anyone. Kazuma spent the most time alone with Sakai Hina and Hinata Ibuki yet picks airhead Ui.

If Kazuma had any brains, he would have confessed to Sakai Hina. She is off to university so she has brains, she cares about her family, she's beautiful, and seemed like a nice person. Way better than Ui and her bottomless pit of a stomach.
Iced Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 19:28   Link #596
Texas84
よろしく

For me, confessing to the ditz is still better than totally ignoring the harem. So I'm satisfied although I would have picked Hina or Ibuki. But at least he picked SOMEONE!

Overall thought this was very average but I really liked it and not sure why. Girls are cute, check. Art is good, check. Some of the pluses may have been the local traditions and the townsfolk.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 23:26   Link #597
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
anyways, i enjoyed the ending since i liked ui's personality...such a genki girl...
and also her character design is the prettiest...
Fully agree there
I also think the ending was nice.

Altogether, I found the series highly enjoyable (even if it was not earth shattering).
9/10
At least a contender for best series of the season, with Denpa Onna (depending on Denpa Onna's last two episodes).

Screenshots are here:
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...-12/#more-1623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Megami poster, now this is a better way to end the series than the one they've chosen!

+ Nyantype:

Spoiler for slightly NSFW Ui:
Now these are full of win, especially the first one!
Old 2011-07-01, 02:05   Link #598
dragon132004

THIS IS THE FIRST ANIME EVER THAT I DIDN'T WATCH IT'S LAST EPISODE IN ONE GO... Seriously, talking about an anime you really hate to watch it's episode! I can't believe myself that I stopped watching this last episode THREE TIMES, because I just couldn't stand it yet I had to since the other 11 episodes. The thing is, as many fans mentioned before, THAT STUPID MC rejected the other girls with a really decent characters and instead chose a girl WITH A SHALLOW CHARACTER , I mean what else did we see in hers other than that freaking eating habit... I dare to say she doesn't have any other deeming other than her silliness.. Talk about the worst choice!!!! What were the anime producers thinking??
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 07:44   Link #599
kaigan
Segmentation fault

^ pretty disappointing isn't it? i know exactly how you feel. i just finished watching the subs yesterday, though i know the ending already. i want to believe that the raws and spoilers floating around before were just a mischievous prank, an illussion or a terrible nightmare what will cast away after i take some long rest. but the bitter truth is, it isn't.

but i admire the staff for taking such risks. it's pretty much revolutionary. i'm sure they planned pretty well how to generate income from the fans. may the bridge to the starry skies end up being suck by a cosmic black hole!
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 08:49   Link #600
Midonin
Last Engage

The general lightheartedness of the show (and how well Ibuki and Madoka took their own rejections) really contrasts against the general tone in this thread. It's mildly unnerving.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, seinen