AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 12 19.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 36.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-25, 19:55   Link #321
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ Why do most comments I see assume this? Has Inaho ever solo-ed anything besides Discaria I and Ice kataphrakt? Even with Discaria I, he needed help.
you did not notice yet.
Most Slaine fans, has not the slightest knowledge of mecha anime, anime or the Code Geass style.
They do not know the roles that the characters have to play within the genre.
They find a great achievement, someone starts a rebellion, have a quick rise to the emperor office, no loss, no losses, no deaths of nearby people, most easily, with just a duel, and opposition only 2 counts, and be a very easy way, is totally unrealistic.
If you take into consideration that Slaine was never shown, making tactics and strategies, studying the fraquesas of opponents, creating plans.
which is the minimum you would expect from a character mecha genre, or a leader of a rebellion.
Another thing that was never explained in the anime, is whether the locks were found or made.
For fans of Slaine, they find it rewarding and fantastic, to get to the emperor office, reading books about birds and flowers, and a cheap drama with two princessas using a swab with magical powers, without showing any tactics, strategies and plans to the battles and the rebellion.
What a character who wins battles, through team work, his intelligence, studying the weaknesses of opponents, creating strategies, tactics, developing plans, passing his leisure time studying new ways to combat, and focuses on the war and survival.
Old 2015-02-25, 21:00   Link #322
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Darzana really only does as Inaho plans, so she hasn't really astounded me much. She's okay, mostly just fills a roll. The problem with the Deucalion getting into range to take out the kats, is that it will also be in range of getting attacked by the landing castles and the kataphrackts. So, it's a two-edged sword.
Dude she was the one who took down the Taurus-looking Kataphract on that bridge in Ep. 18. Inaho was just a forward observer, any experienced FO with a good set of binos could have done the same. After they lost comms, she cut out the normal fire-direction center giving the azimuth and elevation changes to the guns, and did it herself. (The fire dirction center uses a computer and weather data to take the observers adjustments and convert that into numbers the guns can use, since they can't see the target and are almost certainly not in line with the observer and target). Inaho signaled an adjustment with tracers, but there was a delay while that was going on. Magdebridge was aware of the delay and she pulled a trigonomic calculation in her head, figured the ordnant, and with a moving base referent, translated that into azimuth and elevation for the guns, and clobbered a moving target with a main battery round from a naval rifle. Over the horizon. In about 3 seconds max. She's my freakin' hero!

I realize most posters here don't really have much military experience, but let this old gun bunny assure you, that feat was insanely outstanding. It is within the realm of possibility, but only just. Think a baseball player getting four grand slams in the same game against an all-star strikeout pitcher.
Old 2015-02-25, 21:39   Link #323
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Dude she was the one who took down the Taurus-looking Kataphract on that bridge in Ep. 18. Inaho was just a forward observer, any experienced FO with a good set of binos could have done the same. After they lost comms, she cut out the normal fire-direction center giving the azimuth and elevation changes to the guns, and did it herself. (The fire dirction center uses a computer and weather data to take the observers adjustments and convert that into numbers the guns can use, since they can't see the target and are almost certainly not in line with the observer and target). Inaho signaled an adjustment with tracers, but there was a delay while that was going on. Magdebridge was aware of the delay and she pulled a trigonomic calculation in her head, figured the ordnant, and with a moving base referent, translated that into azimuth and elevation for the guns, and clobbered a moving target with a main battery round from a naval rifle. Over the horizon. In about 3 seconds max. She's my freakin' hero!

I realize most posters here don't really have much military experience, but let this old gun bunny assure you, that feat was insanely outstanding. It is within the realm of possibility, but only just. Think a baseball player getting four grand slams in the same game against an all-star strikeout pitcher.
Well, I'm glad you like her, she just seems very dull and dry to me. The only time I find her interesting is when she's talking with Marito. Other than that, she feels like a poor man's Marrue Ramius. But that's just my opinion. I'm glad she has fans.

Maybe you see what I can't see. I just see guns going off and hitting things, it's not all that awe-inspiring for me. I only judge Darzana by her character and her interactions with others, which have been kind of limited. She hasn't got much development, like most of the Earth cast. So, that's why I don't take notice of her much.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-25, 22:34   Link #324
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Well, I'm glad you like her, she just seems very dull and dry to me. The only time I find her interesting is when she's talking with Marito. Other than that, she feels like a poor man's Marrue Ramius. But that's just my opinion. I'm glad she has fans.

Maybe you see what I can't see. I just see guns going off and hitting things, it's not all that awe-inspiring for me. I only judge Darzana by her character and her interactions with others, which have been kind of limited. She hasn't got much development, like most of the Earth cast. So, that's why I don't take notice of her much.
Yeah, I can see that. Different viewers pick up on different aspects of the show.

I am glad that they are reeling Inaho back a bit, and the others are having key contributions, such as Darzana which we were discussing, Marito commanding the platoon and working out tactics, and also Inko firing the shot which disabled Saazbaum's Kataphract so that Slaine's staged ambush worked. Inko had been the reigning gunnery champion at the academy (waaaaay back in Ep 1) but had just recently lost that title prior to the start of the anime. IIRC she also put in a key shot against that Kataphract that killed Rayet's father in Season 1.
Old 2015-02-26, 01:40   Link #325
azurestratos

Quote:

THISSS!!^

As a self-professed science and military buff I love the Terrans and their attack plans. It might just seem simple to most people, but with some background knowledge of how things work their plans are actually ingenious and really stretch the human limit.

When they brought out them bunker busters and explosive armor I was nerding out like hell.
And when Inaho said he can calculate momentum and density with just 3d measuring imaging, I was like "I get that formula!"

Edit; Also if you're a physics buff, or have an interest in it, you'd love the battle. Here's one very nice theoretical explanation from Karice (4th bullet point)
http://karice67.livejournal.com/191025.html
Spoiler for long paragraph:

Last edited by azurestratos; 2015-02-26 at 01:50.
Old 2015-02-26, 08:03   Link #326
Ryuga

Darzana's a G, and IMO, she and the rest of the intelligence should've been the ones coming up with most of the ways to beat the Martian Kats throughout seasons 1 and 2, with Inaho and co. following her commands.
Old 2015-02-26, 09:39   Link #327
Arya

Quote:
Yeah, I can see that. Different viewers pick up on different aspects of the show.

I am glad that they are reeling Inaho back a bit, and the others are having key contributions, such as Darzana which we were discussing, Marito commanding the platoon and working out tactics, and also Inko firing the shot which disabled Saazbaum's Kataphract so that Slaine's staged ambush worked. Inko had been the reigning gunnery champion at the academy (waaaaay back in Ep 1) but had just recently lost that title prior to the start of the anime. IIRC she also put in a key shot against that Kataphract that killed Rayet's father in Season 1.
I do hope they'll do a very good job with the next episode about team working, even given these events you mentioned they never indulged enough on it. Plus considering VERS teams up this time it is clear that, as already mentioned, that would be a crucial factor and the main, if not only except Inaho, advantage of Earth against Martians.
I want Rayet and Inko to take the spotlight, too.
And more Deucalion action is always welcome. It's the most underused warship I've ever seen

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-27, 06:50   Link #328
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
Edit; Also if you're a physics buff, or have an interest in it, you'd love the battle. Here's one very nice theoretical explanation from Karice (4th bullet point)
http://karice67.livejournal.com/191025.html
Uh, didn't know Karice had a blog. My bad. In any case I had the time this morning to read her commentaries, insightful as usual, and wanted to report her note about Mazuurek and his gestures about directions as related to Slaine, as right, and Inaho, as left. Having Mazuurek turning left in the end. http://karice67.livejournal.com/191627.html
Also interesting the reference to the birds that went with Inaho, wild geese, and its significance.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-27, 10:29   Link #329
dragon1412

Quote:

to put it more simple, it's like how game show how sniper work and how actual sniper work, most people, just think of aiming the recticle and shot, but actual sniper carry Cheat sheet and calculator, their marksmanship aren't rely on how correct the recticles but they actually using maths for the target, actual sniper perform calculation of winds, pressure, moisture, distances in a matter of minutes to hours long. from a normal people perspectives, it wasn't shown much except a good shot while anyone familiar with sniping is will find it ridiculously impressive.
Old 2015-02-27, 11:44   Link #330
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Uh, didn't know Karice had a blog. My bad. In any case I had the time this morning to read her commentaries, insightful as usual, and wanted to report her note about Mazuurek and his gestures about directions as related to Slaine, as right, and Inaho, as left. Having Mazuurek turning left in the end. http://karice67.livejournal.com/191627.html
Also interesting the reference to the birds that went with Inaho, wild geese, and its significance.
Wow, I did not realize the significance between which direction Mazuurek took, even though I watched the episode at least 3 times. I disagree that Slaine left leaving the flowers, because of symbolism of the birds representing Asseylum's wish for peace. There was no need to add "with that person" in the first place then. In additon, he was teaching Eddelrittuo about birds in Asseylum's chamber, and this epiphany never struck him. Also, if it was the case, why didn't that drive him to seriously contemplate what he was doing. No, after that, he decides "there's no turning back". Does that make sense? I'm reminded of what the person I care about wanted, and I reaffirm that I need to continue against that.
Old 2015-12-25, 20:07   Link #331
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Aldnoah.Zero XIX. Flaw in Paradise

The meaning of the flag, though I do not mean a death flag for the time being, raised for Slaine at the end of this episode became too obvious once Edelrittuo picked-up the bouquet of roses meant for the recently, recovered Asseyllum; the blue rose's second meaning for impossible.

As of the path that Slaine has chosen, then it's become an impossibility to make Asseyllum's wish come true. In fact, what path Slaine has already chosen to partake will begin to make him drift apart from Asseyllum.

Women always figure out the truth, and Asseyllum will start walking the opposite direction away from Slaine once she learns it.

I believe that would be Slaine's most heart-wrenching tragedy.

Slaine has risen the stake into an entirely, new level ablet to use Lemrina, disguised as Asseyllum, in order to rally all the Vers Knights under one banner so together can achieve the feat at decimating the UFE forces, and conquering the Earth. However, Mazuurek can prove himself a powerful threat to that integrity amongst Martian Knights, since Inaho played that card at the long-term.
Closed Thread