AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-04-27, 15:50   Link #81
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I'm agreeing with you on this... it seems like I will be squinting throughout the entire movie due to the excessive use of the lens flare... =_=
Hey, I had to do that when I tried watching Air the movie!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 01:48   Link #82
Alohomora
Dream Catcher ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
Trailer and image PV on animate.tv. Crappy WMV though.
Here's the trailer (as well as some PV images) with much better quality. ^^
Alohomora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 10:55   Link #83
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
...didn't really explain much now did it?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 17:09   Link #84
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
...didn't really explain much now did it?
Actually, there's an uberspoiler in there (if it is indeed the scene I think it is), but you probably won't notice or understand it unless you're already aware of what it's spoiling. So, no harm done, I guess.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 00:41   Link #85
velocity7

Upon fansubbing the CLANNAD Special Disc, I've found that the content is absolutely spoilerific and, unless you're familiar with CLANNAD, this stuff will be basically killer. Absolutely killer.

If you want to know how far I mean in terms of killer, refer to one of my previous... killer, spoilers.
Old 2007-04-30, 01:22   Link #86
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Upon fansubbing the CLANNAD Special Disc, I've found that the content is absolutely spoilerific and, unless you're familiar with CLANNAD, this stuff will be basically killer. Absolutely killer.

If you want to know how far I mean in terms of killer, refer to one of my previous... killer, spoilers.
I'm actually quite a bit more interested in the movie version now after seeing the disk (which reminds me that I should go preorder my tickets). Yes, the spoilers are killer and I was going "holy s**t, they put these stuff in a preview?!" as Tomoya monologues his way along. Though I guess they expect the people who preorder the tickets to get this preview disk were most probably fans of Clannad to begin with so they're not pulling any punches.

I have some speculation on how the story will be re-written based on the preview disk:

Spoiler:
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 03:19   Link #87
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I'm actually quite a bit more interested in the movie version now after seeing the disk (which reminds me that I should go preorder my tickets). Yes, the spoilers are killer and I was going "holy s**t, they put these stuff in a preview?!" as Tomoya monologues his way along. Though I guess they expect the people who preorder the tickets to get this preview disk were most probably fans of Clannad to begin with so they're not pulling any punches.

I have some speculation on how the story will be re-written based on the preview disk:

Spoiler:
But...

Spoiler for Special Disk:

Thanks for the Special Disk. Where was it sold anyways?
Old 2007-04-30, 12:48   Link #88
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Blar! I saw the 'teaser' from TWH/Sprocket, and oh man, I feel like I have ruined the entire movie/series for me. Sure nothing was said blatantly, but connecting the dots have ruined I think one the most important scenes in the game.

So for anyone uninitiated on CLANNAD, avoid the movie teaser like the plague!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 13:33   Link #89
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Blar! I saw the 'teaser' from TWH/Sprocket, and oh man, I feel like I have ruined the entire movie/series for me. Sure nothing was said blatantly, but connecting the dots have ruined I think one the most important scenes in the game.

Well, maybe the movie has something else planned. Either way it was a powerful experience. Better than Air Prelude.

Spoiler for Speculation from Special Disk:
Old 2007-04-30, 13:41   Link #90
velocity7

orion: I won't spoil much here for you, but let's just say...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-30, 14:05   Link #91
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
orion: I won't spoil much here for you, but let's just say...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-30, 14:22   Link #92
velocity7

orion: Too bad I can't answer any more of your questions regarding that, without spoiling any more.

Let's just say that, whatever path TOEI takes for the movie, the ending will likely be close to KyoAni's rendition. But...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-30, 15:32   Link #93
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I was going to type up the answers, but then I agree with velocity7, anymore spoilers would just be too much, and just describing the story is also not going to help, as Key's work is always about atmosphere and execution anyway.
Old 2007-04-30, 18:17   Link #94
orion

But I really wasn't asking for spoilers and I really don't want any. It's all speculation at this point. Dezaki can choose to do whatever he wants within reason with the material presented to him for use. It's his interpretation of the source material after all and a commercially viable story/ending will be done imo. It's practical business sense.
Old 2007-04-30, 18:30   Link #95
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

To keep something like this from happening again, I placed a disclaimer note on Scarywater page at the head of all the movie promo snipes to indicate that if you download and watch those files, you do so with the clear understanding that you may end up getting spoiled.

I sincerely apologize if this potentially ruined any possible experience you may have with the show.

--IJ.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 18:35   Link #96
orion

You haven't ruined anything. Thank you for your hard work. The Chinese subs came out beforehand with no one getting upset over spoilers. Loads of people in Japan bought this and no one complained loud enough to get media attention. In fact, from what I could tell, it sold out.

Similar situation happened in Air Prelude and we survived. By the time you saw those Air TV CMs and Prelude you pretty much had an ideal who Misuzu was. No worries about spoilers from those things being translated. In fact, this special disk had similar style of animation for the teaser. B & W grainy filters with lens flares and interspersed text.

Take a look at my Kanon avatar. It's taken from Kanon Prelude. Yep. It had spoilers in it too. No screams from that one either.

Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Last edited by orion; 2007-04-30 at 18:46.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:29   Link #97
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But I really wasn't asking for spoilers and I really don't want any.
The thing is it is impossible to address your concerns and questions about the direction of the story without spoilers, it's just the nature of the beast here.
Old 2007-04-30, 20:27   Link #98
orion

I'm not worried though and thanks for caring. I'll find out when the movie gets released. It's all fun speculation as far as I'm concerned. No one has a copy of the script so game related or manga related spoilers may or may not be relevant to the movie.

Images used in the teaser can mean almost anything that the director wants the audience to think to draw you in and then he can totally give you a 180 degree turn in the theater. He probably has to give a fresh interpretation imo since Clannad in theory should have had a wider penetration since it wasn't an eroge title. There is no real incentive to go to the theater if the outcome is assured and a TV series is broadcasting in the same year imo.

My Kanon avi is a good example of this. That scene was not in the TV series at all except the OP.

Mental exercises are good for the soul imo.
Old 2007-05-01, 02:12   Link #99
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Better safe than sorry, IMO. There's people (like me) who wishes that they can unwatch the teaser, and as such am glad TWH/Sprocket is addressing the issue (though IMO a second version is in order, even if all whats changed was the title to indicate there's spoilers, because theres a lot of people dls the torrent directly and never see the scarywater page, ex. tokyotosho).

As for the no outcry in Japan, you just said the root of it all. The disk was sold out; in other words, its really popular. Otakus being otakus, what percentage of the people who bought the disk do you think have played the game before? Chances are, its close to 100%. As such, them seeing the teaser spoils nothing at all!

As for the analogy to Kanon/Air...
Spoiler for for Kanon end and teaser of Clannad only, nothing more, nothing less, I promise:

And for the record, I'm not mad at all with Clannad being spoiled some for me, as I'm not the kind of person who cries over spilled milk. It's just I'm just a tad bit miffed when people try to underscore the spoiler factor of some things, because this might convince people that its actually alright to see it thinking they're safe. I still stand by what I said before... Avoid the teaser like the plague if one doesn't want to get spoiled!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 05:50   Link #100
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Ok, i watched the teaser (ignoring all warnings ), and i have to say - if that is not first class spoiler material, i don't know what is 0_o. You don't need to connect any dots in there if you want to get spoiled... you would have to be blind in the first place not to get spoiled by this

Since i dived in knowing that it is a spoiler, i am not going to cry about it, i will just quote DragoonKain3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Avoid the teaser like the plague if one doesn't want to get spoiled!

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, movie, romance, school life, seinen, toei