AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 22 20.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 17.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-10, 14:23   Link #61
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
This kind of exactly as I felt as well. I felt that they pulled a bunch of conveniences out of nowhere just to have Inaho up and running, despite the fact that he actually should be worse off than Asseylum. And somehow, their conditions are perplexingly reversed!

Also, I really can't get what Slaine and Saazbaum are up to at this point, however, I have to say, that something about Slaine's sudden turn to helping Saazbaum and what he said about "taking care of the thorn in their side" makes me think that there's more going on here with Slaine. Unless they have the worst writers in the world, I think Slaine has some reason for his sudden turn to helping Saazbaum and that he's got a plan of his own that we don't know about yet.

I never really warmed up to Inaho, so I could really take or leave his character. He didn't really do anything this episode that he hasn't done before, so I see him as exactly the same.

Asseylum cried when her grandfather made the announcement. She cried a whole bunch when she pleaded before Rayet. She's your normal princess with the heat of gold in terms of the waterworks.
I don't think the damage was that bad. Recall that when Slaine shot Inaho, Slaine was standing and Inaho was on the ground. If you take into account the angle, the bullet should have just grazed his temporal lobe or at least not teared right through it.

That was once. If by the other time you mean when Rayet was strangling her, tearing up is a completely natural reaction when you're being strangled. So that's only one time.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:23   Link #62
Arkard

Er... the whole conflict was started because of Asseyllum's supposed assassination. That was also the reasoning the Martian ruler gave for the war declaration. Now they drag her out via the fake sister impersonating her and no one bats an eye?

I mean, the Martians better have some damn good propaganda to explain that cause "yeah, I know I'm not really dead, which makes us the ones that started an unjustified war, but gosh darn it, those Earthlings sure are selfish pricks aren't they for not appreciating their shit" doesn't seem to quite cut it for all out decimation of a planet. Although I guess the Orbital Knight faction was always portrayed as just itching for an excuse to do this, and it'd be hard to stop something like that once it gets going...
Old 2015-01-10, 14:24   Link #63
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quick reaction:

...I'll be damned...they used Malala's experience?

Well, I said I'd call BS (about Inaho surviving that injury!), so I am.

But I'll give them a life because of "Aldnoah."
In any case, I am glad the second cour's started

Now, back to digesting everything else we just learned...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2015-01-10, 14:25   Link #64
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Er... the whole conflict was started because of Asseyllum's supposed assassination. That was also the reasoning the Martian ruler gave for the war declaration. Now they drag her out via the fake sister impersonating her and no one bats an eye?

I mean, the Martians better have some damn good propaganda to explain that cause "yeah, I know I'm not really dead, which makes us the ones that started an unjustified war, but gosh darn it, those Earthlings sure are selfish pricks aren't they for not appreciating their shit" doesn't seem to quite cut it for all out decimation of a planet. Although I guess the Orbital Knight faction was always portrayed as just itching for an excuse to do this, and it'd be hard to stop something like that once it gets going...
Uh. The Martians on Mars still think that it was the Terrans that tried to assassinate her.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:27   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*snort*
Hime is alive, Inaho is still alive (and lol, now a cyborg), that other guy on the other side is still alive.
I thought at least that other guy (Zatsubaku or whatever) would be dead, but to think all of them came out alive.
Ye... No.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2015-01-10, 14:28   Link #66
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for aldnoah activation:
Old 2015-01-10, 14:29   Link #67
HandofFate

Everyone's alive.
No one watching to the end was fooled.

Slaine becomes even more of a tool.
Inaho becomes even more of a robot.

Princess becomes even more of a just a trophy.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:30   Link #68
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
My other gripes with the Aldnoah activation is the fact that the Aldnoah drive is supposed to be shut down if the one behind its activation lose consciousness or dies.

Yet, they could activate it despite Inaho is arguably not conscious. What gives?
I'm actually assuming that it's the blood on him that activated it and not Inaho himself, however, who really knows anymore how Aldnoah works. I'm starting to think that Aldnoah does whatever the writers want it to do at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Not somehow. The beginning fo the episode clearly showed Asseylum's blood splattering on Inaho's face when she was shot, which isn't unbelievable considering she was right in front of him.

The thing about comas is that once you slip into them, there's no telling when you'll ever wake up.

True and exactly. She got shot in the back and a substantial amount of time had passed so she must have bled quite a bit. Significant blood loss coupled with the shot to her head which would certainly count as brain trauma could definitely cause a coma.

Maybe it's like someone said and he had multiple wives.
And it is, still somehow, because the writers somehow want to give blood splatter the ability to give Aldnoah powers to activate things all willy-nilly. It is really a lot of plot convenience that they pulled for this episode just so Inaho can be fighting by episode one, and believe me, there is nothing you can say that can convince me otherwise. It was just bad writing in order to get them out of the corner they wrote themselves in least season.

Asseylum was obviously less injured at the end of the last episode, and both injured parties had the same amount of time to get help if you consider when Slaine left with the princess and how long it look them to get Inaho to the bridge, get the ship down to the ground, and get Inaho to surgery. Asseylum should not be worse off than Inaho, but he's of course the male lead, and she's just the princess. She can sit in a tube for the whole season if necessary, because she'll have the same use either way.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 14:37   Link #69
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Little fun fact I picked up from a comment in another website:

Inaho is called Orange, but that's last season's news. Now, he's got a mechanical eye. You know what that means don't you?

The second coming of Jeremiah. lol It'll be even more hilarious if he can actually use some kind of power through the mechanical eye. XD
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:37   Link #70
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I don't think the damage was that bad. Recall that when Slaine shot Inaho, Slaine was standing and Inaho was on the ground. If you take into account the angle, the bullet should have just grazed his temporal lobe or at least not teared right through it.

That was once. If by the other time you mean when Rayet was strangling her, tearing up is a completely natural reaction when you're being strangled. So that's only one time.
Umm, any injury to the brain can be very dangerous, it's not like skin where you graze it and it's a flesh wound. Even a concussion can be pretty dangerous if not monitored. It's a very serious injury. And you can't "graze" the brain if the bullet went through the eye and through the temporal lobe like they said. They even acknowledged that if they didn't get him into surgery in the next few minutes, there was no hope for him. He was on the edge of death.

As for the time with Rayet, it was after she had been revived by Inaho, and Rayet was shooting at her. Look back to that. Also, tears are tears....

It was definitely the blood that was the activator, not the tears.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 14:44   Link #71
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

what we got from this episode is : INAHO and ASSEYLUM are alive.. the ship is not sunk yet

Inaho and Slaine both got nice power-up. It would be time to decide when Inaho is going to get his Aldnoah. Maybe Asseylum would be the one who give it to him
About how Inaho and Slaine obtained Aldnoah power, I think it would be explained better in future episode

Slaine becomes creepy... so this is what happened when a boy got NTR'd in front of his eyes
He becomes manipulative.. even though Saazbaum is alive, I think the one who hold control is Slaine after all which is also means he is the one who actually manipulated the new princess
Eddelrittuo is quite weird as well.. serving the new princess like nothing happened
at this point, I have lost all respect to Slaine as predicted before
Old 2015-01-10, 14:52   Link #72
zero7090

^ To be fair the boy got NTRed in front of his eyes.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned"

it wouldnt be a surprise if the shock made him crazy.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:55   Link #73
Raviel

After some thought, I'm now pretty much indifferent to Inaho being alive and well.

I have decided to view it the same way I viewed the Lazarus Project in Mass Effect 2, which is to say "forget the details I just want to see how this all ends."

Furthermore, INAHO ACTUALLY CHANGED HIS EXPRESSION, what if all we're seeing is just some cyborg that THINKS it's Inaho.

Also, Slaine's character looks like it has taken 2 possible directions.

1. He's actually helping Saazbaum
2. He has his own plans.

As of now I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he has something bigger planned. Though that's probably because his VA did such a good job during his "join me or stay here and die" speech to Saazbaum, I swear I've never heard Slaine sound more convinced about what he wants to do.

P.S. Sorry, I'm not really following the discussion here, but why are people focusing on the blood splatter when it looks like it was the CPR that gave Inaho activation rights? I'm assuming that is the case because it's the only other reason I can think of as to why Slaine also has activation rights.

P.P.S. Take this post with a sack of salt since I'm posting at 4:00 am
Old 2015-01-10, 14:56   Link #74
Ryuga

My reaction to the recent revelations.

Man, it's really good to see Inaho back.

I remember bunch of people and I wondering if Slaine managed to get Aldnoah rights through the resuscitation that Asseylum gave him back when they were young. Wasn't expecting that for Inaho though. Battle with the Martian Kat was nice stuff, but Inaho stole the show away from Rayet and Inko, who could've been given a chance to shine, but oh well.

Slaine's finally moving up in the world. Wanna see him and Inaho duke it out eventually. Shame about Asseylum, but at least she's still alive. Interested to know what Lemuria (spelling?) and Saazbaum's game is.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:57   Link #75
azurestratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
My other gripes with the Aldnoah activation is the fact that the Aldnoah drive is supposed to be shut down if the one behind its activation lose consciousness or dies.

Yet, they could activate it despite Inaho is arguably not conscious. What gives?
Nope, not because of whether conscious or unconscious. If not the ship would fall everytime the princess takes a nap.

Its more whether the heart is still beating or not. Electrical activity of the heart I guess, since it flows through your body and detectable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post

If it is, its not the first time a war changed reason why it started in the first place.
Remember a certain country got invaded because it got WMDs, and halfway through the war continued to ''get rid of the terorrists hiding there and remove the dictator''. The Vers speech said the Earth was bidding time to invade Mars, so the Terrans are equivalent to the terrorist.

All in all, good episode. Most people's prediction and expectation was wrong, which is to be expected with A/Z. I hope it continues to surprise us.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:58   Link #76
Ryuga

Yeah, I believe you have to be considered to be in a death-like state for the Aldnoah to stop working.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:58   Link #77
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

woooooo. this show is back!!

so we learned a few things:
Slaine is already more annoying that last season, because now he thinks he's right. this will be infuriating.
Inaho already knows the princess is fake

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:58   Link #78
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Umm, any injury to the brain can be very dangerous, it's not like skin where you graze it and it's a flesh wound. Even a concussion can be pretty dangerous if not monitored. It's a very serious injury. And you can't "graze" the brain if the bullet went through the eye and through the temporal lobe like they said. They even acknowledged that if they didn't get him into surgery in the next few minutes, there was no hope for him. He was on the edge of death.
The human body is complicated and sometimes unpredictable. People have survived being shot to the head (with damage to the brain) or died of what should have been minor wounds (which bullet wounds to the chest aren't). As for the lack of sequels in Inaho... Well, cyborg.

Slaine's as unsympathetic as ever. He'd be less of a traitor if he finished Asseylum, then had her corpse stuffed and turned into his sex doll.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:59   Link #79
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It would be nice to see the next princess falling for Inaho.
Inaho, master of harem and NTR
Old 2015-01-10, 15:00   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It would be nice to see the next princess falling for Inaho.
I'd gladly trade seeing that for seeing her kill Slaine.
Closed Thread