AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 28 32.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-30, 03:29   Link #201
azurestratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, I agree more or less with you, it's just we disagree on some aspects here and there like, I can't agree much calling Asseylum's action to seek peace a mistake. She is a victim and we can't say how things could have gone if Saazbaum wouldn't have stepped in. She would have had the time to learn about Mars conditions and VERS prejudices as well (or not, obviously these are only speculations thanks to Saazbaum, but the point is that she didn't made a mistake IMO). I mean, I agree with the general notion of "ignorance of the law excuses no one" , but it applies when you actually do something, since Asseylum didn't have the chance to do something I cant' apply it to her. Instead I can do it to Slaine, since he actually did something. And I agree on her naivety, but that alone is not enough to dismiss her actions as mistakes, since well, we have no grounds to judge the what-if scenario. Also because as I said before, peace or coexistence would be the last step of a long process (process that could be accomplished both ways obviously). Anyways, enough about Asseylum's apology

About Inaho's my interpretation of that specific event, in retrospect, is based on Inaho character portrayal in the show, he's never wrong, even to his detriment (as much as he never fails), and that Slaine was too emotionally unstable, together being a bit too fixed on the princess, to be considered trustworthy at that time. And Inaho saw all of this in their exchange. But I'll go on below so I can respond to Triple_R, too.

Let me say that both the three protagonists are firstly victims, that's to say that I don't see anyone of them as bad or evil. I used "betrayal" more for sake of synthesis in that specific post, but i can't dismiss it completely since well he actually saved Saazbaum.
In any case the issues about Slaine in season one, as I wrote to Irenesharda, were more related to his lack of a clear goal being him clouded by his princess tiny obsession. This shortcoming also translated in a lack of commitment since it clearly clashed at a certain point against reality. Add to this his emotional instability and you have a picture of what Inaho could have been guessed about Slaine in their first short encounter.
In fact in that specific episode I'm speculating that Inaho felt all of that into Slaine's behavior and answers, so, despite his good intentions he ended up considering him an enemy. Just that.
And my point is that the story itself made it clear later, firstly during the torture when he gave away Asseylum survival info to Cruhteo, then swaying before Saazbaum and finally saving him, causing Asseylum being shot ending in a coma.
To support this add also that after all Inaho is good in judging people, he first encountered Asseylum letting her took him down when we knew later that he is a highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Then we have the way he handled Rayet. And finally Slaine.
The ending is really meaningful in that regard, since Slaine, the one who swore to protect her, the one who had no other goal beside her, ended up letting her enemy, Saazbaum, firing her. I mean, no matter what, where or why here, that's how it ended within this story.
The ones ready to sacrifice themselves and each others, Inaho and Asseylum, accomplished their goal when instead Slaine messed up. Bigger picture vs a narrow one. General vs. personal, etc, etc. Add also the one who declared he would have exploited the Princess, Inaho, actually did it, but in accord to the Princess herself, when instead the one who was against her being used, ended up using her against her will.
I mean, this is intentional from the writing to imply that Slaine is not that trustworthy. It also fits, if we take the Odin analogy with Inaho, considering Slaine as Loki (pretty much I ignored who he was, but according to his wiki here an extract from the second paragraph: "Loki's relation with the gods varies by source. Loki sometimes assists the gods and sometimes causes problems for them. Loki is a shape shifter [...]" that sound fitting).

About Slaine being untrustworthy, is related from each point of view. I mean, From Inaho point of view it not granted taht Slaine as of now could have became trustworthy, since their aims and what they may consider dispensable could not be the same. As it was back in season one, where Inaho was ready to exploit the Princess when Slaine didn't, now Slaine seems to consider Earth dispensable (to what degree is still to be seen) when Inaho dont.

Sorry, but I'm probably one of the few that didn't like much Madoka Magica so I can't get the reference (except that you are referring to Homura I suppose ).
This is my humble opinion; Slaine, Inaho, and Asseylum were never meant to be normal.

I say this first because I've talked with a lot of people, who had expectation they were normal kids just thrown into war. This raise a lot of problem, such as understanding the characters and relating to their actions. A/Z likes to leave a lot of hints, instead of telling directly.

To start of, Asseylum. She's an idealist, who is kind, and trusting. She believes war is caused by hatred, and therefore to make peace is to undo the hatred. Her father, Gilzeria, led many martians to war to their deaths without accomplishing anything, and she grew up without a father figure in the shadow of his sins. This, and her good nature, readily explains why she takes acts of war personally, and prone to risk her life to stop it.

However she is not too naive; she expected she will have opponents and spies from within Vers opposing her. She also approach everyone cautiously, as shown how she pulverized Inaho initially. Her downfall; she mistakenly underestimated the amount of opponents she has, and that hatred is the only thing driving this war.

Slaine, is a pure hearted honest person. His situation is more readily understood as owing his life to Asseylum after she saves him, thus earning his affection. Slaine dotes Asseylums ideas of peace. Since his father died, he grew up in torture and discrimination, forming a strong outer shell while strengthening his feelings for Asseylum. This where Slaine differs from normal kids, where Shinji (benchmark for realistically normal teenager) would cry and angst, Slaine is a hardened survivor with explosive feelings and an unstoppable will. His mistake; his view of the world is too narrow.

Inaho, is born gifted. From the get-go he is not a normal kid. He grew up with only his sister, having to survive without parents forces the kids to mature earlier. As a result we get a serious, independent and hard working smart kid. His outlook in life is more mature, so his real age should be more like 20. His mistake; he distances himself from emotions, becoming borderline psycopath. It makes him an effective soldier, but cause him to misunderstand Slaine, and his notion of risks and morality is too stiff.

The other characters, they're mostly normal people, thus why people find Marito more relatable than our protagonists.
Old 2015-01-30, 06:04   Link #202
anguishCAKE

^ That is a vary good point and a good description fo the main characters. I think it seems to often that people think that the "best" wat to do things are they way they think it should/expect. I actually like that the show doesn't feel overly predictable.
Old 2015-01-30, 11:27   Link #203
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually, Slaine was already a knight. Saazbaum appointed him as knight and his vassal sometime during the 19 month time skip, that's why he was wearing a grey uniform rather than the blue one he was wearing before.

This episode though, he gained technically two peerage ranks. Once adopted as Saazbaum's son, he became a Viscount, and when he killed Saazbaum, he inherited his adopted father's title, and became a Count.

He is now one of the 37 Orbital Knights and is at the highest rank one can gain without being a royal.
Ah, I actually meant reaching Orbital Knighthood when I said knight. But it will be interesting to see what he'll do now with his new found powers. I kind of feel sorry for his assistant (what was his name)...characters in that position always have a pretty bad fate waiting for them.

Quote:
His loyalty has always been with the princess, however, he's realized that he needs to go down a darker world to accomplish what Asseylum wants, which would be the end of the war. This war is a tangled mess, with the root of the problem being the lack of resources for Vers. Slaine want's to remake Vers to make it a more egalitarian society, and then try to find a way to get more resources for all, and not just the elite.
True, his loyalty to Asseylum has always been unwavering but I was taking into consideration how he initially saved Saazbaum in the previous season. But I guess this is a new Slaine we're seeing here - for sure, his actions are purposeful and no longer indecisive.

Quote:
Both Inaho and Slaine's prediction powers are purely technological, just in different ways. Inaho's eye is basically a mini computer that works with his own brain to give him data and help him with calculations and can also calculate the best course of action to take. Slaine's kat, Tharsis' ability is being able to predict the path of projectiles from all around him and then also having rapid agility to be able to move out of the way of any danger. It's nothing Slaine himself is doing, it's the machine, powered by an Aldnoah drive.
Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking Tharsis has a part in this but I was a bit surprised when Slaine predicted what Inaho was planning before we see that special effect which always accompanies Tharsis' prediction ability. Maybe Slaine was just as good a tactician as Inaho and we're only beginning to see his skills unfold now that he has a single purpose to pursue.

Quote:
In terms of Saazbaum, Slaine seemed to biding his time until the right moment with him. He had originally set that trap up for Inaho, however when Saaz named him his heir, he changed his plan. His moment had come and he didn't need Saazbaum anymore. He lured Inaho in, purposefully damaged his mech by not completely moving out of the way of Inaho's shot, which got Saazbaum to come over and take over the fight. Then, all he had to do was wait. Inaho was able to disable Saaz's barrier, and Slaine didn't interfere when Inko came in and got Inaho out of there. Slaine used Inaho, like the Queen on his strategical chessboard and used him to checkmate Saazbaum, who is basically the "King" of the opposite side.
Oh, so the trap was initially set up for Inaho...didn't quite catch the entire gist of the explanation there. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Rayet revealed herself as a Martian after she confessed to trying to kill Asseylum. I think that was in episode 10.
*slaps forehead* Doh! How could I have forgotten that event! *hides in embarassment*

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2015-01-31, 09:21   Link #204
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
This is my humble opinion; Slaine, Inaho, and Asseylum were never meant to be normal.

I say this first because I've talked with a lot of people, who had expectation they were normal kids just thrown into war. This raise a lot of problem, such as understanding the characters and relating to their actions. A/Z likes to leave a lot of hints, instead of telling directly.

To start of, Asseylum. She's an idealist, who is kind, and trusting. She believes war is caused by hatred, and therefore to make peace is to undo the hatred. Her father, Gilzeria, led many martians to war to their deaths without accomplishing anything, and she grew up without a father figure in the shadow of his sins. This, and her good nature, readily explains why she takes acts of war personally, and prone to risk her life to stop it.

However she is not too naive; she expected she will have opponents and spies from within Vers opposing her. She also approach everyone cautiously, as shown how she pulverized Inaho initially. Her downfall; she mistakenly underestimated the amount of opponents she has, and that hatred is the only thing driving this war.

Slaine, is a pure hearted honest person. His situation is more readily understood as owing his life to Asseylum after she saves him, thus earning his affection. Slaine dotes Asseylums ideas of peace. Since his father died, he grew up in torture and discrimination, forming a strong outer shell while strengthening his feelings for Asseylum. This where Slaine differs from normal kids, where Shinji (benchmark for realistically normal teenager) would cry and angst, Slaine is a hardened survivor with explosive feelings and an unstoppable will. His mistake; his view of the world is too narrow.

Inaho, is born gifted. From the get-go he is not a normal kid. He grew up with only his sister, having to survive without parents forces the kids to mature earlier. As a result we get a serious, independent and hard working smart kid. His outlook in life is more mature, so his real age should be more like 20. His mistake; he distances himself from emotions, becoming borderline psycopath. It makes him an effective soldier, but cause him to misunderstand Slaine, and his notion of risks and morality is too stiff.

The other characters, they're mostly normal people, thus why people find Marito more relatable than our protagonists.
Well I agree with your take on the characters, even if I'm not so sure I'd call them not normal, except Inaho. Still, I consider them victims first as I said earlier. So even if they made mistakes I can't really blame them, to a certain degree.
In any case what differs in our visions is not the characters per se, but their position and dynamics within the show.
About Slaine I'm not sure if we disagree, since our take on him is pretty similar, but then within the show I think that S1-Slaine was meant to be considered untrustworthy from Inaho point of view exactly because his vision was too narrowed and was too focused on the Princess. The whole argument between Inaho and Slaine ultimately was about that. When Slaine fired to Inaho that was the last clue that led Inaho to consider Slaine his enemy. And not vice versa by the way. Inaho wouldn't have never put Asseylum in danger without her agreement, and even then he would and had done everything he could to protect her. As in fact he always did.
It's not by chance that everything Slaine did in season one went wrong and now that he grew up things are going accordingly. Despite my doubts I can see Inaho and Slaine having an agreement of sort now that Slaine grew up. Before it was not possible.

Speaking of Inaho, yes, he is not a normal kid, he is real mature to the point to be quite cynical, he somehow seems to be the personification of the Earth side as a whole. And in fact that's why he did what he did back then, because he was detached, what he did was the best choice on the economy of the war, but was a bad thing if we look at it from a more interpersonal point of view.

Won't comment about Marito since, well, he has always been the least interesting character for me.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-01, 21:09   Link #205
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
First off, it isn't criticism, just commentary on the similarities of their situations. Now let's look at what happened. Slaine did not kill Saazbaum because he was a threat, he did so because Saazbaum tried to kill the princess. He literally said this.
Characters, as well as real life people, can genuinely have multiple motivations behind any particular action. So you're raising a false dichotomy here.

Slaine can want to kill Saazbaum for the emotional reason of revenge, but also be motivated by a logical reason of "he's a potential threat to Asseylum as he did try to kill her before". There's no contradiction in both reasons being motivating factors for Slaine. I'm inclined to think that both reasons were factors for him.

Quote:
Rayet, like Saazbaum, was still a threat to the princess, and ideologically she still holds all Martians as enemies. So you cannot dismiss her as a potential threat like that.
Sure I can do that, just as Inaho himself likely did. Or do you honestly think that Inaho, at that point in time, considered Rayet more essential to the Earth forces than Asseylum was? Asseylum was clearly necessary, at the time, to keep the Deucalion going, and the Deucalion's usefulness to the Earth side was as clear as day (and continues to be).

If Inaho thought that Rayet remained a serious threat to Asseylum, it wouldn't make much sense for him to pick up for her like he did. Inaho likely made the judgement call that with a bit of guidance and help and supervision, Rayet would cease to be a threat to Asseylum.

Now, keep in mind that Slaine has no way to provide such supervision over Saazbaum, because Saazbaum was the guy calling the shots. Rayet, in sharp contrast, can be locked away and carefully monitored and evaluated in order to minimize, if not outright negate, any threat she may pose to Asseylum. And IIRC, Rayet was in fact locked away in the immediate aftermath of her attempt to kill Asseylum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I disagree with this for the fact that Slaine still chose to save Saazbaum even when Slaine knew about Saazbaum's intention for Asseylum.
I think that, at the time, Slaine wanted both Saazbaum and Asseylum to live. I don't consider that a betrayal of Asseylum in and of itself. Foolish, perhaps, but not a betrayal. In Slaine's mind, saving both Saazbaum and Asseylum wasn't necessarily a contradiction.

Quote:
So that would still be a betrayal on the person of Asseylum, not just her ideal.
I disagree. Saving Person A's enemy is not necessarily a betrayal of Person A. It may well be foolish, but I don't consider it a betrayal unless the rescue is made with the intent of Person A's enemy going on to hurt Person A. Without that intent, it may well be reckless, silly, or foolish, but I wouldn't call it a betrayal.

So I think that Slaine has been loyal to Asseylum the person, though clearly not loyal to Asseylum's ideals.
Old 2015-02-02, 00:30   Link #206
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I disagree. Saving Person A's enemy is not necessarily a betrayal of Person A.
I think it is in this particular instance when you realize that Slaine is not just Asseylum's friend, but effectively her servant. Not only that, but his primary drive up to the point of his discussion with Saazbaum has always been to rescue Asseylum, not just from Earth, but from the conspirators.

Slaine has essentially taken it as his duty to protect Asseylum. This is why Slaine killed Saazbaum when he is no longer needed for having injured Asseylum. Only now Slaine gets to eat his cake and still have it too as he sympathizes with Saazbaum's cause.

So while Slaine may not have meant it as a betrayal on the person of Asseylum, the role that he has relative to her and his own self-appointed mission make that moment of weakness, in effect, a betrayal on her royal person.
Old 2015-02-02, 17:17   Link #207
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I think it is in this particular instance when you realize that Slaine is not just Asseylum's friend, but effectively her servant.
No more than he is a servant of the Vers Emperor himself. And the Emperor decided to clearly and openly support Saazbaum's war effort prior to the events of Episodes 11 and 12.

So going by the sort of official servitude/loyalty you're talking about here, one could argue that Slaine was in fact doing exactly what he should be doing in trying to save both Saazbaum and Asseylum.

In other words, I don't think your argument here applies due to the overall circumstances at the time.

Quote:
Slaine has essentially taken it as his duty to protect Asseylum. This is why Slaine killed Saazbaum when he is no longer needed for having injured Asseylum. Only now Slaine gets to eat his cake and still have it too as he sympathizes with Saazbaum's cause.
There's not necessarily a contradiction between Saazbaum's cause and keeping Asseylum alive. So I think it's inaccurate to portray this as Slaine "having his cake and eating it too". Asseylum does not have to die for Saazbaum's cause to meet with success.

Quote:
So while Slaine may not have meant it as a betrayal on the person of Asseylum, the role that he has relative to her and his own self-appointed mission make that moment of weakness, in effect, a betrayal on her royal person.
I disagree. Slaine did not betray Asseylum the person, only her ideals.
Old 2015-02-02, 18:18   Link #208
monster

Quote:
No more than he is a servant of the Vers Emperor himself. And the Emperor decided to clearly and openly support Saazbaum's war effort prior to the events of Episodes 11 and 12.

So going by the sort of official servitude/loyalty you're talking about here, one could argue that Slaine was in fact doing exactly what he should be doing in trying to save both Saazbaum and Asseylum.

In other words, I don't think your argument here applies due to the overall circumstances at the time.
Saazbaum deceived the emperor. The emperor would've had Saazbaum killed if he knew what Saazbaum had tried to do and what he planned on doing to the royal family.
Quote:
There's not necessarily a contradiction between Saazbaum's cause and keeping Asseylum alive. So I think it's inaccurate to portray this as Slaine "having his cake and eating it too". Asseylum does not have to die for Saazbaum's cause to meet with success.
It is because he gets to feel justified about killing the man who injured Asseylum while being the one who allowed her to be injured by that same man due to supporting that man's cause.
Quote:
It is both. Slaine saving the person who wants to kill her is a betrayal on her.
Old 2015-02-02, 18:22   Link #209
Arya

Quote:
I can agree with you that at that point it was more foolish of him to believe that he could have both more than a betrayal. And in any case I can justify it as foolish.
I'm less when he later used his image against her ideals. One thing is hoping to accomplish something, another is to use her (or whoever) against her own beliefs. If I had to use the word betrayal of the person, that is when he crossed the line. Despite you can say he used only her ideals, that was much more than that. He/they are putting the sins of the war on her, and despite it is not her doing the burden that it brings still remain. People have, are and will kill other people in the name of racial hate where that name coincide to her own name.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-02, 18:33   Link #210
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Saazbaum deceived the emperor.
Sure, but it's not like the Emperor never had a chance to hear Slaine's version of things. The Emperor did get to hear that. So the Emperor made his decision even after hearing Slaine's take on things. Slaine did his part to try to set the Emperor straight, and the Emperor still made the decision to continue/renew hostilities against Earth. One could argue that as a servant to the royals, Slaine should respect that decision.

Quote:
It is because he gets to feel justified about killing the man who injured Asseylum while being the one who allowed her to be injured by that same man due to supporting that man's cause.
What does that have to do with having your cake and eating it too? Do you think Slaine wanted Asseylum to get injured by Saazbaum?

Quote:
It is both.
No, it isn't. Slaine did not betray Asseylum the person, just her ideals. Slaine has, in fact, gone to considerable lengths to keep Asseylum alive.

Quote:
Slaine saving the person who wants to kill her is a betrayal on her.
No, it isn't. Not if his reason for saving that person has nothing to do with her, and it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I'm less when he later used his image against her ideals. One thing is hoping to accomplish something, another is to use her (or whoever) against her own beliefs. If I had to use the word betrayal of the person, that is when he crossed the line. Despite you can say he used only her ideals, that was much more than that.
I disagree. Asseylum's image being used like that is likely necessary in order for Saazbaum to hold up to his side of the deal, and for him to not have the plug pulled on the real Asseylum. It's a messy ethical compromise that was made (at least in part) in order to preserve the life of Asseylum, which is why I'm drawing an important distinction between Asseylum the person and Asseylum's ideals.

Quote:
He/they are putting the sins of the war on her,
No they aren't. This war was already going on before fake!Asseylum showed up.
Old 2015-02-02, 18:50   Link #211
monster

Quote:
Sure, but it's not like the Emperor never had a chance to hear Slaine's version of things. The Emperor did get to hear that. So the Emperor made his decision even after hearing Slaine's take on things. Slaine did his part to try to set the Emperor straight, and the Emperor still made the decision to continue/renew hostilities against Earth. One could argue that as a servant to the royals, Slaine should respect that decision.
I think that's a silly argument to make. Nevertheless, we are not talking about the Emperor, but Asseylum.
Quote:
What does that have to do with having your cake and eating it too? Do you think Slaine wanted Asseylum to get injured by Saazbaum?
It means he gets to feel good about saving/avenging Asseylum while still supporting the cause of the man who tried to kill her in the pursue of that very same cause. And now he is taking advantage her health status to further pursue that cause.
Quote:
No, it isn't. Slaine did not betray Asseylum the person, just her ideals. Slaine has, in fact, gone to considerable lengths to keep Asseylum alive.
I'm not denying that he wants her to live. But that's not the issue. You can still betray someone while not wanting that person to get hurt.
Quote:
No, it isn't. Not if his reason for saving that person has nothing to do with her, and it didn't.
And that's the problem. That very battle that Slaine interfered in was a battle started by the Martian to find and kill Asseylum. So even though that person's primary goal on that day was the death of Asseylum, Slaine had conveniently decided to temporarily divorce that element from that person's character in order to justify saving him. In effect, he put aside his priority of saving Asseylum in order to save that person. So it's not just a betrayal of her ideal, that comes later in season 2. It's a betrayal of her person.
Old 2015-02-02, 23:44   Link #212
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

All of these people seriously need to die... I was hoping the tornado Gundam would kill them, but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Sister has death flags written all over her... and so does the drunkard/drama queen guy. Both seem like irrelevant characters that could be erased without affecting the plot much. Next we need to erase the school girls, because school girls piloting a military ship is just ridiculous.

The final scene would have Inaho and Slaine fighting each other into a bloody end. When Slaine finally pops Inaho in the head, he succumbs to the wounds from Inaho. Asseylum wakes up, sees what she did, and falls to her knees in disbelief.

Lemrina sneaks up behind her and caps her in the head.
Old 2015-02-03, 00:51   Link #213
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
All of these people seriously need to die... I was hoping the tornado Gundam would kill them, but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Sister has death flags written all over her... and so does the drunkard/drama queen guy. Both seem like irrelevant characters that could be erased without affecting the plot much. Next we need to erase the school girls, because school girls piloting a military ship is just ridiculous.

The final scene would have Inaho and Slaine fighting each other into a bloody end. When Slaine finally pops Inaho in the head, he succumbs to the wounds from Inaho. Asseylum wakes up, sees what she did, and falls to her knees in disbelief.

Lemrina sneaks up behind her and caps her in the head.
You do realize that the school they went to was a military school right...
Old 2015-02-03, 06:02   Link #214
Arya

Quote:
I disagree. Asseylum's image being used like that is likely necessary in order for Saazbaum to hold up to his side of the deal, and for him to not have the plug pulled on the real Asseylum. It's a messy ethical compromise that was made (at least in part) in order to preserve the life of Asseylum, which is why I'm drawing an important distinction between Asseylum the person and Asseylum's ideals.
Well, the point I'm trying to make is that despite the distinction you are making, the two sides of it, ideals and the person, can't be separated. Because I'm also what I think (mostly I dare say) not just a body. So if you go against my beliefs, and not just that, but you are making me the head and the face of a war I didn't want, a war driven by reasons I despise, you are stepping on me, not just my ideals.
How would you feel if someone had used you to incite the events happened in Paris not a while ago and now you'd be the image of that war, of that persons and that ideals?

Quote:
No they aren't. This war was already going on before fake!Asseylum showed up.
It doesn't matter the war was already going on. She is the princess and her is the face and voice used for propaganda. The truth is that people are fighting in the name of Asseylum and the hate against the Terrans. That means people will kill other people because of Asseylum. Even if she is not inciting it, the deads caused by her propaganda are real and are being put upon her.

That's why it's more like as of now he is saving her body but not her person. It may be change later; he probably will stop using her now that Saazbaum is dead, but that's how it is, IMO obviously.

If you look at the OP, it also seems to imply that, Slaine is looking at a comatose Asseylum, a body, but the Asseylum moving and crying is the one behind him, out of his reach, and when he tries to turn to her she vanishes.

Old 2015-12-25, 10:30   Link #215
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Aldnoah.Zero XV. Pivoting Trap

The last two previous episodes I discussed on Inaho, but this one the spotlight was casted on Slaine.

As I've started to notice, I'm realizing the ongoing shift in Aldnoah second season from sci-fi, mecha, and action to ground on the political implications designed and imbued in the storyline.
In summary, episode fifteenth to me begins to mark a decisive turnaround in the story to be filled more with political content and discourse, than just relying to the tell the quintessential story of two worlds/nations/factions at war against each other, and exploring the conflicting tribulations characters from opposite sides face.

Now, let me tell you that Count Saazbaum naming Slaine officially as his son heir, reminded greatly of a scene from the 1959 film Benhur. The scene in question when the Roman Consul Quinto Arrios declares Juda Benhur his heir long after saving the former's life; the analogy being at Juda Benhur had been slave beforehand serving in Quinto Arrios ship, just like formerly was treated as such a slave before rising through ranks due to mix of his loyalty towards Princess Allusia and political machinations.
Closed Thread