AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 28 32.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-24, 14:49   Link #41
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

I predicted earlier that Slaine was among the more likely people to kill Saazbaum, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon, or for it to be such an elaborate plan with the orbiting bullets- I was expecting more a direct confrontation, like a repeat of the end of Season 1. Still, I Slaine ascension to this level of magnificent bastardry was expected, given his grand schemes.

As for the future conflicts, I'm it seem more likely to me that Slaine's final foe on the Versian side will be Lemrina rather than Marlycian, as per my "Versian Game of Thrones" theory- it seems likely that Lemrina is plotting to eliminate Asseylum and take power for herself.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:51   Link #42
bones

So Slaine wants to help the lower class citizens of Mars by killing off the aristocracy and solve all the resources shortage problems by killing off the people on Earth and taking it over.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:00   Link #43
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

not bad, Slaine-sama
You just took out that hax-Aldnoah..
at least I could hope Inaho would have better fight next time

Slaine is go all evil while there is another psycho-princess in VERS
I think in matter of technology, VERS is superior
but for the matter of trust and environment, Earth still more balanced

Slaine's point is to realize Asseylum's dream when she opened her eyes
although he didn't know that Asseylum's biggest wish right now is to see Inaho again
Old 2015-01-24, 15:03   Link #44
Death Usagi
Banned

These kind of acts that Slaine is doing is really making me believe that the person Asseylum was aiming her gun at in the 1st season OP is indeed Slaine.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:03   Link #45
Raziel1991

Well its only natural. The UFE is a monolithic entity meaning there are far less chances for conspiracies like these to take place.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:03   Link #46
XFire
150% done

Wow, I hate Saazbaum and even I felt sorry for him. Though I like that Slaine worked Inaho being invincible into his plan.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:06   Link #47
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
So Slaine wants to help the lower class citizens of Mars by killing off the aristocracy and solve all the resources shortage problems by killing off the people on Earth and taking it over.
I doubt that he wants to kill off all the people of Earth. His plan really is focused on Mars. He wants to accomplish both Asseylum and Saazbaum's plans of helping the lower class of Mars and ending this war. He's just doing all the dirty work to get there.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-24, 15:07   Link #48
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Hope he will get punish for his deed, patricide is a immoral crime. If he gonna off the aristocratic, be sure to kill yourself since you're one now.

Hopefully, some Martian witness what happened and Slaine will get another good whipping.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:11   Link #49
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So wait... people like Saazabum now? Even though he tried to kill the princess and he was the one that shot her in the head?
Old 2015-01-24, 15:13   Link #50
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
These kind of acts that Slaine is doing is really making me believe that the person Asseylum was aiming her gun at in the 1st season OP is indeed Slaine.
The gun thing was symbolic of a decision that she made, however, if or when Asseylum awakens, she'll be awakening in a whole new world. Her dreams and desires are nice and all, but they are also naive and a pipe dream unless someone is willing do the dirty work to get it done. Asseylum's not tough enough to do it.

Slaine believed in the same dreams and ideal that she did at the beginning of the series, but his experiences taught him the hard way that it's not going to be that easy. A lesson that Asseylum was beginning to realize herself, but was shot before she fully could. He's going to have to do some dark stuff and go to a dark place within himself to bring those dreams to fruition. He takes on the darkness, while Asseylum stays in the unknowingly in the light.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-24, 15:14   Link #51
Raziel1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
So wait... people like Saazabum now? Even though he tried to kill the princess and he was the one that shot her in the head?
Well, he was a rather sympathetic character is this episode in particular.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:18   Link #52
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
I will take Saazbaum over Asseylum any time and day, had he just killed Saazbaum at the S1 finale I won't be this mad. But he had to be a dick and killed Saazbaum when he did so much for him and even made him his heir. He just killed the solo reason why I even like him this season.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:22   Link #53
Syaokura

Quote:
I've always liked Saazbaum because he's an interesting villain who wants to improve the lower class of Vers, even if it means doing questionable shit to make that come true. It helps that he's not the typical Saturday morning cartoon villain like say, pretty much every Martian bad guy we've encountered.

So now that he's dead, the only interesting antagonist we have left is Lemrina.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:23   Link #54
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Hope he will get punish for his deed, patricide is a immoral crime. If he gonna off the aristocratic, be sure to kill yourself since you're one now.

Hopefully, some Martian witness what happened and Slaine will get another good whipping.
Honestly, I think you're just hating Slaine for the sake of it now. He's pretty much shaping up to be the Lelouch of this series, who's willing to go to the dark side for the greater good.

Saazbaum was a good villain, and I'm glad he was in this, but he served his purpose. If you really want to talk about "immoral crime" Try, mass murder and genocide, which is pretty much what Saazbaum did and was doing. Also, technically, Slaine didn't ask for Saazbaum to adopt him, he did that of his own volition.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-24, 15:29   Link #55
Syaokura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Honestly, I think you're just hating Slaine for the sake of it now. He's pretty much shaping up to be the Lelouch of this series, who's willing to go to the dark side for the greater good.

Saazbaum was a good villain, and I'm glad he was in this, but he served his purpose. If you really want to talk about "immoral crime" Try, mass murder and genocide, which is pretty much what Saazbaum did and was doing. Also, technically, Slaine didn't ask for Saazbaum to adopt him, he did that of his own volition.
If Slaine is truly enrolling in the Lelouch vi Britannia School of Gray Morality, then I applaud his efforts. I don't care if people get anal-blistered over his actions, I'll support Slaine all the way!
Old 2015-01-24, 15:29   Link #56
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Aldnoah.Zero: Slaine of the Rebellion? XD
Well, Code Geass was about an anti-hero fighting an evil empire from the outside with cunning tactics and his rival fighting it from the inside following the rules. This is about an hero fighting an evil empire from the outside following the rules and his rival fighting it from the inside with cunning tactics. Totally different .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:37   Link #57
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
So Slaine's plan was to somehow catch inaho in the volley, but was that apparently before Saucebomb showed up. I mean it was a good while after he came to assist before the first volley actually came down. Good thing for Saline he barely moves when he fights. It was also convenient that he never took notice of the fact that after he showed up Slaine stopped attacking entirely and just sort of floated there the whole time.

He might not have noticed when he went to duel inaho (the whole I will defeat him in order to regain my lost honor so you stay out of this mentality), but Slaine not attacking Inko when she appeared to assist inaho should have sent off huge warning bells. Why is Slaine doing nothing to assist me? Why is he just sitting there? Eh, I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about. My character and pretty much every other count is defined by extreme arrogance so I'm terrible at reading the reality of a situation. I wonder if Slaine's actions from the moment he showed up to just before the volley hit him ever even crossed his mind. We'll likely never know
Slaine's Kat was damaged and Saazbaum told him to fall back while he took care of Inaho.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:38   Link #58
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

I had nothing to hate on Slaine, I just hate dick-ish move and I hate flip-flopping a-hole. He killed Saazbaum because he tried to kill Asseylum, do I have to remind you a particular scene in S1 where Saazbaum outright say he gonna kill Asseylum? What did Slaine did? Nothing. Now all of sudden, you killed Saazbaum for nearly killing Asseylum even though he did that as well in S1? Can he make up his mind what side he truly on?

He not Lelouch, please don't even remotely tried to compared someone with brain to someone that doesn't. He the Suzaku of Aldnoah, even then at least Suzaku can provide us with great fighting scenes.
Old 2015-01-24, 15:40   Link #59
Irenesharda

Actually, people forget that Slaine actually foreshadowed this back in episode 13. He basically told Saazbaum to his face that he was going to betray him one day. It might have been a year and a half later, but it was coming.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-24, 15:48   Link #60
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
He not Lelouch, please don't even remotely tried to compared someone with brain to someone that doesn't. He the Suzaku of Aldnoah, even then at least Suzaku provided us with great fighting scenes.
We're getting into this again?

I find some of Slaine's actions in Season Two morally questionable, but I didn't consider him a brainless idiot in S1 and I don't consider him a brainless idiot in the new season either. He's shown intelligence in both.
Closed Thread