AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-27, 18:40   Link #1
videoman190

Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion

Quote:
In Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion, the S.U.E.I. ("Shinkansen Ultra Evolution Institute") is a top-secret organization hidden in a secret base beneath the Kyoto Railway Museum. With the aid of transforming robots piloted by gifted children, the S.U.E.I. strives to protect peace in Japan by doing battle with giant monsters and the nefarious Black Bullet Train.

Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion is directed by Takahiro Ikezoe and features animation by OLM and Ajia-do Animation Works. The series will broadcast on the TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System) network on Saturdays at 7:00AM JST beginning on January 06, 2018.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 09:35   Link #2
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Huh..... they actually have the first 3 minutes of episode 1 officially up:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The show's official website also revealed on Wednesday that Hatsune Miku will appear in the anime as an 11-year-old Shinkalion driver. The character's name in the anime will also be Hatsune Miku, but the kanji character for "Hatsu" in "Hatsune" is replaced with the kanji for "departure" (the normal "Hatsu" kanji in her name is the kanji for "first.").
WAIT WHAT

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 23:55   Link #3
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Can a mod move this thread to "Current Series"?
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 21:08   Link #4
ScrewySquirrel

is this licensed anywhere?
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 21:36   Link #5
videoman190

No but they are fan subtitles available at least.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 19:00   Link #6
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Hey, what happened to some of the earlier posts in this thread?
Old 2018-01-10, 21:26   Link #7
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
Hey, what happened to some of the earlier posts in this thread?
When a thread is moved from Upcoming to Current, discussion posts made prior to the show's airing are removed leaving only the encyclopedia-type posts. This gives the show discussion a clean start without any of the spoilers, spats, off-topics, etc. that may have gone on earlier.

Before those posts are removed, a copy of the unaltered Upcoming thread is put in the Upcoming Archive directory so that if someone does want to read the pre-show discussion they can read it there. This has been AS policy since mid-2014.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 21:49   Link #8
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Amazing, the official YouTube channel has posted episode 2!
Old 2018-01-14, 02:39   Link #9
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hmm...I actually like this anime more than I expected it to. Yes, it is silly coz it's a freakin' super-robot show with shinkansen trains that transform into giant robots, but this show actually has heart and the story is not so stupid even though it's for kids. For example, the grown ups actually have problems with "hiring" kids to pilot the robots and they made a big deal about it like it should in real life, but there's little they can do against the trope where only the kids can pilot the robot due to some technical reasons. But at least they address things like that instead of being instantly gung ho about using kids to fight monsters .

The characters are also written well for a kids show of this ilk. For example, the Youtuber heroine actually has her own life and hobbies instead of the usual "I live only to serve the male MC and follow him around"-trope like in many other toy-based anime out there. The MC's family is also likable and their interaction is enjoyable. The crew members of the secret organization are also decent. This show kinda gives me the feel of Gao Gai Gar.
Old 2018-01-23, 12:21   Link #10
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Episode 3 is still fun. The dad actually confessed it all to the mom and I'm glad she understands. I'm kinda glad with the heavy presence of parents in this super robot anime. It paints a healthy family dynamic without being cheesy. The mother is kinda domineering but still in a positive way . The youtuber heroine is starting to get suspicious of the MC. Is she gonna join the SUEI? I kinda like her to stay as an outsider. And it's nice that SUEI actually keep working on the tech so that the adults can pilot the robotrains instead of using children. It's a nice touch of a realistic behavior from adult characters. But for now, they still need to rely on the compatible children.

The new pilot is cool in all the right ways. Instead of a jerk like Sasuke, he's nice and very helpful even though he's the silent type. This is a nice kids show. I came for the mecha, I stay for the characters.
Old 2018-01-31, 18:03   Link #11
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

I like Akita. He is enjoyably down to earth in comparison to Hayato and Shashot.
Old 2018-01-31, 19:43   Link #12
xeviouses

I like this alot, not only does it fulfill my mecha needs but the characters are likeable enough to give me a good reason to stay beyond 'giant robot punching things in the face'.

The OP being really catchy is a nice bonus.
Old 2018-02-05, 18:47   Link #13
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Been trying to look for this since I saw the ads in my Japan trips.

Is it still too late to watch it?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 00:21   Link #14
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

I really wish Shinkalion had official subs or else an overseas marketing campaign. The anime is good but this thread is so inactive.
Old 2018-04-14, 14:39   Link #15
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Teaser PV showing the Black Shinkalion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58gltPoE_tY

Tags
mecha, trains