AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-08, 17:45   Link #681
CWW
Lurker

Personally, I'm not a fan of ojou type characters blessed with infinite riches, much less the maids who do their bidding. Aria and whatshername are the weakest characters in my view. The less screen time spent on them the better, but that's just me.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 19:05   Link #682
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Personally, I'm not a fan of ojou type characters blessed with infinite riches, much less the maids who do their bidding. Aria and whatshername are the weakest characters in my view. The less screen time spent on them the better, but that's just me.
I on the other hand, think Aria (I was going to say, is one of my favourite characters, but then I thought there's only like 5 and I love all of them). Well, Aria is cute and I don't think alot of the jokes with Shino would work so well if it wasn't for Aria.

You've got the two gag pairs, or atleast it's the way I see them. Tsuda and Suzu, then Aria and Shino. I don't think Shino would be half as funny without Aria by her side. Also, clearly Aria is the cutest out of all the female leads. <3!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 19:13   Link #683
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Blasphemy.... Shino sparkles!! Slender, long hair, blushes, and obsessed with getting laid by the right guy (yes, yes, this is me just being silly)

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-09-08 at 19:24.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 19:42   Link #684
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Blasphemy.... Shino sparkles!! Slender, long hair, blushes, and obsessed with getting laid by the right guy (yes, yes, this is me just being silly)
First time I've seen you be silly Vexx o.o....

But I do agree!! Shino is my personal favorite in this anime so far
Old 2010-09-08, 19:55   Link #685
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(shrug) I think 'shipping is a bit silly ... Suzu, Mitsuba, Shino, Kaede - they're all charming in their dysfunctional ways.

Suzu and Shino are personal favorites though in terms of "if I could choose to hang out with someone".

Interesting links for the series:

(english wiki) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seitokai_Yakuindomo
(japanese official site) http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/seitokai/

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-09-09 at 03:15. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 06:48   Link #686
Luna91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Freebies:
Spoiler for ep 10:
Claiming this one, thanks Kanon!
Old 2010-09-09, 07:09   Link #687
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

For all the dirty stuff they talk about in this show............THERE IS STILL NO FANSERVICE!!!!!

I mean come on!!! they talk about all kinds of obscene stuff and not even a panty shot is shown!!!!!!

Its a sad day for anime......

By the way Mutsumi is my favourite character shes just so......
Old 2010-09-09, 09:38   Link #688
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I'm fine with Kaede, not impressed with the maid and for me Aria is my least favorite of the Student Council girls, be it her jokes or character. It's just that when the jokes are hit and miss, I noticed that most of the jokes I think of as miss comes from Aria. Well, everyone got their own sense of humor. Also, I agree that for me Shino is the most attractive out of the three girls, rivaled only perhaps by Adultbody!Suzu. But yeah, all this is a bit silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
For all the dirty stuff they talk about in this show............THERE IS STILL NO FANSERVICE!!!!!

I mean come on!!! they talk about all kinds of obscene stuff and not even a panty shot is shown!!!!!!

Its a sad day for anime......
That's just what the show is, I suppose, the humor and fanservice are the verbal kind and (mostly) doesn't come from physical actions. In this respect, what they say are WAY more perverted than just a panty or boob joke (seriously, those are downright tame at this point). For me, this is makes this show different from, say, HSOTD's type of full frontal fanservice.

ED: Oh, and I just remember, they have that kind of fanservice as well, actually. Just not so often, but they show Shino and Aria in their swimsuits, in the bath, and last episode with Aria getting herself in bondage (twice) is obviously example of them.
Quote:
Pure?

Last edited by Saturn Beaver; 2010-09-09 at 11:19.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 09:55   Link #689
Eternal_Sin
Useless Human Being

Quote:
she's so cute and I kind of like her voice tune

well, eventhough I say this...she's still far away from shino excellent figure
Eternal_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 11:03   Link #690
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

You know, as a sidenote, I wish more male characters were involved. Tsuda's a fine lead and all, and the school is female dominated, having some of the guys' experience would've been a nice touch. Even a small conversation, like in the first episode, once in a while would be appreciated.
Not that I'm complaining about it; the girls provide enough goofiness.

Are there any other guys introduced in the manga?
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 11:17   Link #691
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Mitsuba does have a fabulous voice. Kudos to the voice actress.

The glasses guy shows up sporadically in the manga... but seems to be used only when Tsuda needs to compare notes or have someone to bounce his frustrations off of. The series is just very Tsuda-centric with the people *he* encounters daily.
Old 2010-09-09, 11:19   Link #692
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
That's Tozen-style. That's what is so good.
Lots of dirty jokes... but almost no fanservice at all. (Well, except the last chapter of Imouto ha Shishunki)

Besides, there was a little bit of fanservice in the almost completely anime-original episode (the bath scene).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Well, I guess that guy in glasses voiced by Minoru...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 11:23   Link #693
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
You know, as a sidenote, I wish more male characters were involved. Tsuda's a fine lead and all, and the school is female dominated, having some of the guys' experience would've been a nice touch. Even a small conversation, like in the first episode, once in a while would be appreciated.
Not that I'm complaining about it; the girls provide enough goofiness.

What about George? I guess the main problem with more guys character is that part of the humor is derived from the fact that it's the girls who are saying all the perverted stuff. They don't usually say these stuffs compared to boys, and having a guy saying that cuts a bit of the humor. Also, it may be a bit creepy as well...Tsuda's fine because he's the Straight Man, but having more than one Straight Man is kinda redundant. Having a male character whose humor is derived not from the sexual jokes (like George, but more realistic) is fine, though.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 11:35   Link #694
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

^^^^^^^^^^^Yeah, okay, that's a good enough point.

Quote:
NO FANSERVICE!!!!!
The beach episode doesn't count as fanservice? A TOPLESS Aria is not enough for you?
How about a tied-up Aria during the sports festival? Twice? Is that not kinky enough?

Besides, we don't need fanservice; that might even kill some of the jokes. The humor mostly works because its spoken almost innocently; they're high school girls who probably never met any men before Tsuda, talking about bedtime adventures. Adding in panty flashes and walk-ins to the girls locker wouldn't fit so well, I think.
Old 2010-09-09, 11:52   Link #695
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i know but with all the dirty joke and i mean insanely dirty jokes you expect some quality fanservice, and swimsuits dont count even pg rated anime have swimsuit eps, im talklng panty shots!! which hasnt happen one bit.

dont get me wrong im not that into fanservice i mean i dont even bother with queens blade -_-
Its just really weird O_o

And yes to the guys above, the voice is what got me hooked on Mutsumi its just so adorable ^^
Old 2010-09-09, 11:55   Link #696
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
i know but with all the dirty joke and i mean insanely dirty jokes you expect some quality fanservice, and swimsuits dont count even pg rated anime have swimsuit eps, im talklng panty shots!! which hasnt happen one bit.

dont get me wrong im not that into fanservice i mean i dont even bother with queens blade -_-
Its just really weird O_o

And yes to the guys above, the voice is what got me hooked on Mutsumi its just so adorable ^^
Pay close attention to all the hallway shots of people in between skits and you'll see some tantalizing skirt flips. They're teasing you to death with it. Probably much more effective than "oh, here's some lingerie"
Old 2010-09-09, 15:18   Link #697
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Pay close attention to all the hallway shots of people in between skits and you'll see some tantalizing skirt flips. They're teasing you to death with it. Probably much more effective than "oh, here's some lingerie"
I second that, just look at the opening, there's already plenty of upskirt-butt-fanservice if you look closely (and pause at the right time )
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 16:19   Link #698
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I second that, just look at the opening, there's already plenty of upskirt-butt-fanservice if you look closely (and pause at the right time )
I never knew anyone would take the time to check that out

I agree that the sex-jokes are pretty unexpected from the usual fan-service we probably see in almost every anime.. No fan-service but a lot of sex jokes to make up for it is good so far
Old 2010-09-09, 16:41   Link #699
tsunade666

well usually their should be at least fan service to show with lots of sex jokes in the story. But their aren't or rather you wouldn't even notice it. It's just that .... the girls are too plain straight face saying di** here and pu*** there that it's like normal ones
Old 2010-09-09, 18:03   Link #700
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

If it makes you feel any better, just look at my avatar

Tags
comedy, shounen