Big Boss hands down.. 83 82.18%
Yay go jounins. 8 7.92%
Draw/I dont know. 10 9.90%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-10-06, 07:44   Link #1
eviljiraiya
Evil Perverted Sannin

Big Boss Summon vs. A Jounin

Alrite those big boss summons look pretty big and nasty but what are they good for other than fighting other big boss summons?

Assuming that all you could summon was a big bos summon(nothing smaller):

a. Gamabunta the big frog
b. The big slug katsuyu
c. Manda the big snake

And you had to fight 2 jounins eg.

Kakashi
Gai
Kurenai
Asuma
Ebisu
Itachi
Kisame

Alright. You are fighting one of da jounins and ur big boss summon has to fight the other. What would be the outcome of the battle.

I reckon the little jounins would out-maneuver and out smart the big fatties. Cos their too fat. Jounins could run rings around dem and confuse them i reckon.

Like Gai could prolly run around them and slash em pretty good.

Anyhow their just a few raw thoughts that i had to get out.

What do u guys think.
eviljiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 07:53   Link #2
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviljiraiya
Alrite those big boss summons look pretty big and nasty but what are they good for other than fighting other big boss summons?

Assuming that all you could summon was a big bos summon(nothing smaller):

a. Gamabunta the big frog
b. The big slug katsuyu
c. Manda the big snake

And you had to fight 2 jounins eg.

Kakashi
Gai
Kurenai
Asuma
Ebisu
Itachi
Kisame

Alright. You are fighting one of da jounins and ur big boss summon has to fight the other. What would be the outcome of the battle.

I reckon the little jounins would out-maneuver and out smart the big fatties. Cos their too fat. Jounins could run rings around dem and confuse them i reckon.

Like Gai could prolly run around them and slash em pretty good.

Anyhow their just a few raw thoughts that i had to get out.

What do u guys think.
All the jounin have attacks that are far too small scale to hurt the summons too badly. In fact, they would probably run out of Chakra before the summon is defeated. Itachi's black flame may be able to take on down, but we do not know the power of it beyond burning anything.

Chidori would be a bug bite.
Katon's would be like a match burn.
Gai's punches/kicks would be like a small insignificant poke.
And so on.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 07:54   Link #3
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

This is ridicoulous, have you even seen how big boss summons are?

Might I remind you that in the Shukaku - Gamabunta, Sasuke was less then a bug. attacks like Rekundan and Teppoudama would flatten any ninja like that.

besides...how would Gai slash someone? A kunai feels like a bug bite for creatures that big.

Just to give you an impression:

yes he is THAT small...

this is a silly poll
Old 2004-10-06, 08:02   Link #4
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Ok, you know what? The ultimate answer is 'we can never truly know until they do fight it out' (think about this before you start a Vs thread) , but on the other hand, that would be killing the topic.

So, i say play Narutimate Hero to find out.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 08:02   Link #5
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Well, Jiraiya's a jounin, and an underworld swamp combined with a rasengan to the head could probably take down a boss summon, supposing Jiraiya -could- deliver the rasengan blow.

If Kakashi could take a chidori straight through a summon's head, it could kill it. It'd be about the equivalent size of a bullet, maybe a little bit larger.

Also, if Naruto were eaten by Manda, and then made roughly 5000 clones, it would probably kill Manda.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 08:16   Link #6
kboykb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Well, Jiraiya's a jounin, and an underworld swamp combined with a rasengan to the head could probably take down a boss summon, supposing Jiraiya -could- deliver the rasengan blow.

If Kakashi could take a chidori straight through a summon's head, it could kill it. It'd be about the equivalent size of a bullet, maybe a little bit larger.

Also, if Naruto were eaten by Manda, and then made roughly 5000 clones, it would probably kill Manda.
Jiraiya's a sannin.. big.. BIG .. difference there. Kage level ninjas have the upper-hand..

ANDDDD.. Check out my thread that I posted a couple weeks ago.. "Who can fight the summons"

I think it was debated for about 3 or 4 pages.. and in the end some people said if you can get a concentrated attack on gama's knee or something.. even if the attack is small compared to his size.. it would still hurt 'em.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 08:22   Link #7
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:

Remember that the chidori is only a blade at the hand, after the hand, the arm would get stuck. Wouldn't do ANY damage. The rasengan wouldn't do much either, probably just feel like a punch to the head. As for the manda thing, he would "barf up" naruto before he died.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 08:23   Link #8
eviljiraiya
Evil Perverted Sannin

Come on guys stop flaming me..

Ok Jounins are fast. How would the fat bosses keep up with dem.

Even if fat Gamabunta shot those big balls at Jounins they would dodge it prety easy i reckon.

Also Tsunade pwned Manda with the big knife.

Judging by how Sakura is going in the anime (rip out da big log from the ship) she'd be able to take out a few boss summons herself.
eviljiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 08:29   Link #9
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Choujis father (what's his name again?) would be the only jounin to be able to face up with the summons because of his multisize-nojutsu. Perhaps there are other jounins in the akimichi clan with the same jutsu, but we haven't seen them yet. Naruto (although he's not jounin) would probably Kill a boss summon if he were kyuubified while doing tajuu-kage bunshin.
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 08:30   Link #10
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:

No, it wouldn't be the size of a bullet.. Look at the picture posted above again.. now think what's the longest Kakashi's arm could ever be, let's say 1 meter, and that's stretching it really. Ok now, how far into Gama Bunta's SKIN do you think Kakashi's Chidori will go? Basically the chidori might hurt, the same way a small 1cm toy knife might hurt if you buried it in you skin and cut yourself, but it won't exactly cause a mortal wound. Maybe Jiraiya's rasengan could do some damage if he made one strong enough, but that's because 1. Rasengan doesn't count on penetration to cause damage and 2. Jiraiya is one of the most powerful ninjas in the Naruto world.
Like the first person said, the Jounins' best advantage would be their speed , if they can attack Gama Bunta fast enough and attack the right spots (the ankles, the knees, joints and places where the circulatory system is exposed basically) they could eventually take him down if they don't get tired first.
I think that me and the summon would win. It's true the jounins are fast, but so am I (considering I can summon Gama Bunta and I DON'T have kyuubi sealed inside me, that means I must be pretty powerful), so while Gama bunta by himself might not be able to track the jounins if I help by forcing them into positions where they can't avoid my summon's attacks we win. It's that simple, how many punches do you think any Juonin can take from a boss summon? I'd have to say one, and that's considering me and the summon don't use any type of jutsu. For example, if I know the general location of the two jounins and I have Gama Bunta on my side I just tell himn to jump and either spew some water attacks at the ground, pretty much flooding the whole place, or do that oil + fire jutsu combo and burn down the whole place. Damn unlikely for the two jounins to escape an attack that large.

Last edited by VMLM3; 2004-10-06 at 08:40.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 08:33   Link #11
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Exactly, if you look at the picture you'll see that the chidori could barely punch trough one of gamabunta warts... now THAT's pathetic
Old 2004-10-06, 08:36   Link #12
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Seeing how i have nothing better to do...
Quote:
Ok Jounins are fast. How would the fat bosses keep up with dem.
Have you ever tried swatting a fly before? Hard yes, but eventually you get them no?
Quote:
Even if fat Gamabunta shot those big balls at Jounins they would dodge it prety easy i reckon.
Again, it's like trying to dodge something the size of a football field falling from the sky, even if it is water, it's sheer size and kenetic energy gained would break your neck
Quote:
Also Tsunade pwned Manda with the big knife.
The unknown factors involved in fights are very difficult to take into calculation, even if you manage to, they still may not be correct. There is also a flaw in your very post eviljiraiya, you can't exactly compare who/which Jounin would win against a certain 'boss summon'. Because the various Jounin are of different caliburs (the summons as well) , so you can't really make an accurate comparison unless you give that Jounin X/boss summon X a fixed 'skill level', on the other hand, if you did this would become another A-typical Vs thread.
Quote:
Judging by how Sakura is going in the anime (rip out da big log from the ship) she'd be able to take out a few boss summons herself.
Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
Besides, who have stated that the boss summons _are_ slower then the avarage jounin? Sure, they are big and fat, it doesnt mean they're slow.
So far we have been proven the opposite, those big snakes invading Konoha that jiraiya killed seemed to be faster then the jounins.. And I wouldnt think that the boss summons are slower then them.
Bingo.

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-10-06 at 08:51.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 08:48   Link #13
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Besides, who have stated that the boss summons _are_ slower then the avarage jounin? Sure, they are big and fat, it doesnt mean they're slow.
So far we have been proven the opposite, those big snakes invading Konoha that jiraiya killed seemed to be faster then the jounins.. And I wouldnt think that the boss summons are slower then them.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 09:24   Link #14
UserName

I would definitely say Big Boss Summons... If you consider the sannins reaction to the summons they seem to be around on par with them. Maybe not stronger or maybe no weaker but if they were that much weaker to be beat by a Jounin then it's a huge waste of chakra.

And I was wondering did Jiraiya do that swamp jutsu in the manga or was it filler?

The thing between Manda and Tsunade could've gone differently say if he was aware of her not still crying over the spilt blood for that was the exact moment she got over it and Manda was alreayd fighitng somebody else.

Anyways the point is no the Jounins WILL NOT be able to handle the boss summons.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 10:20   Link #15
kazumaofshellbullet

The answer to this poll is so obvious if you think about it with a clear mind. Big boss summons would win hands down. It doesn't matter how fast those jounins are b/c they are nothing compared to the sheer size and power that the big boss summons have. The water bubble attacks that gamabunta did on shukaku were big enough and powerful enough to easily destroy everything within 500m radius of the ground zero.

Last thing I would add is that if konoha at its full power couldn't kill the invading snakes(flunkies of manda) than there is no chance for any of the jounins to beat the big boss with what we have seen atleast
kazumaofshellbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 10:41   Link #16
Srin Tuar
無謀

Considering the medium sized snakes pretty much owned an entire village full of jounins, and were only stopped by an equivalent summon:

Here's a better set of Poll options:

Jounin vs Big Monster Summon:

Does the Jounin
A - Get squashed flat immediately with no hope
B - Have a small chance to hide, maybe
C - Have a small chance to run away, maybe

So far we havent seen anyone other than Hokage/sannin level do even a medium sized summon. (some small ones yes) Our hero is of course an exception... Weve also seen really high level jounins such Ebisu and Itachi get owned by small and medium sized summons, respectively.

Kutiyose is, so far, clearly the strongest jutu theyve shown yet.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 10:57   Link #17
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
And I was wondering did Jiraiya do that swamp jutsu in the manga or was it filler?
It's in the manga as well.

And yeah, no way in hell a normal Jounin could beat Gamabunta/Manda/Katsuyu/etc.
They just hasn't the kind of power necessary to really hurt something so big.

Only Kage level ninja could fight something as big and strong and even for them that would be probably a hell of a fight.
We talk about being able to throw attack of the size of a building here.

Srin Tuar, Ebisu is 'only' a special jounin and I don't remember Itachi being owned by the oesophagus summon.
Which wasn't really the kind of summon we're talking about anyway.
But a very cool one, Jiraiya's jutsus are awesome ^^
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 11:08   Link #18
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Jiraiya's a sannin..
Yeah, but he's also a jounin. As was Tsunade when she drove a sword through Manda's skull.
Quote:
Remember that the chidori is only a blade at the hand, after the hand, the arm would get stuck. Wouldn't do ANY damage. The rasengan wouldn't do much either, probably just feel like a punch to the head
If you look at the damages done in the past by a Sasuke-level chidori, it ranges from the small (punch through the Gaara sphere) or massive destruction (walls in hotel blown away, two-foot wide carving out of wall of Chuunin-exam area.) Now, let's make it a top-jounin level chidori. It could cut a hole probably 3 feet in diameter at least 20 feet into Gamabunta. This would be quite damaging. Not only that, but if Kakashi could get at least five feet into his skull, he could play around with some flame jutsus and cook Gama's brain.

As for the rasengan being only a punch to the head...
Spoiler:
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 11:26   Link #19
kboykb

Quote:
Yeah, but he's also a jounin. As was Tsunade when she drove a sword through Manda's skull.
err - well.. I guess you can look at it that way.. since sannin isn't really a category for ninja to be in. . .

But even so, if you're gonna do it like that .. at least say..

Special Jounins (ebisu and morino) - Jounins - (Aoba .. Asuma .. Kurenai).. Elite Jounins (Kakashi and Gai) - - and super friggen high awesome jounins.. (sannins)

kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 11:47   Link #20
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Jounin being a military rank I wonder if they were still jounin given that they left Konoha.
Besides in this case Itachi could be a Chuunin.
There always are exception.

Quote:
If you look at the damages done in the past by a Sasuke-level chidori, it ranges from the small (punch through the Gaara sphere) or massive destruction (walls in hotel blown away, two-foot wide carving out of wall of Chuunin-exam area.) Now, let's make it a top-jounin level chidori. It could cut a hole probably 3 feet in diameter at least 20 feet into Gamabunta. This would be quite damaging. Not only that, but if Kakashi could get at least five feet into his skull, he could play around with some flame jutsus and cook Gama's brain.

As for the rasengan being only a punch to the head...
Spoiler:
Both the Rasengan and Chidori seem to make more damage on solid objects than on living being probably because the stuff broke under the shock contrary to human.

For Gamabunta remember that he took a direct hit of a freakin gigantic attack from Shukaku and only grumbled that he couldn't took too many hit like that.
A normal attack wouldn't even pass through his skin.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote