AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 08:55   Link #701
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This one scene will probably one to wait for. One girl will surely be sad on this day and I'm sure its Aoyama first.... but what will Sorata do? will he go to see Aoyama but what about Mashiro? drama is being prepared again and I' prepared this time
A good question, and I honestly have no idea. The way I see it, it could go either way. On one hand, Sorata has already promised Mashiro to go with her. If he manages to remember said promise, that's that. Though so far Aoyama hasn't even said she wants him to come, so ...

On the other hand, I could see him forgetting about it (in a typical male lead fashion), or more likely get distracted by immediate circumstances surrounding Aoyama. If she continues pushing herself as she does, I could imagine Aoyama being all unsteady and wobbly on her big day, something which could likely distract Sorata to the point where other things might fly out of his head at the moment, and him choosing to accompany her where she has to go.

Cue a broken promise and all the potential drama, depending on how Mashiro would take it (probably pretty sour). I could see both options happening, but my drama detector has me leaning towards the later

Or the clearly impossible happens and both my guesses land completely out in the left field.
Old 2012-11-06, 09:09   Link #702
tsunade666

another factor that will probably disrupt everything is Sorata's Imouto. She might come and just barge in and ruining everything for Mashiro and Aoyama which means both end get sad while Sorata got chewed by her imouto for not coming back.
Old 2012-11-06, 10:47   Link #703
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

It might be safe to assume that the 10th might be the climax for this arc so my theory would be he manages to do both, how long does it take to buy a manga, he can buy it with Mashiro and go see Nanami in time leading her to relinquish her Mashiro duty or at least agree to split it, seeing how happy Sorata makes Mashiro. (Which by the way is one of my favourite parts of this show)
Old 2012-11-06, 13:00   Link #704
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
To have the willpower and independence to do so at her age is certainly pretty admirable, but nothing good comes when things get taken to an extreme, and it seems like Aoyama takes the part where she only relies on herself a tad too far. Not accepting help is quite fine, there are certainly times when I want to do my stuff myself and don't want/need any help, but I'd say one has to draw a line when you are on the verge of passing out from fatigue.

Aoyama was being stubbornly obstinate considering her overall situation, and that ain't a good thing. All her hard work is meant to be means towards the end, that being her VA studies, but it seems she has gotten so caught up in the notion that she has to do everything (whether others want it or not) that she risks failing her End in favor of the Means. Multiple jobs can't be helped given her financial situation (though perhaps she can drop one or two now, depending on ho cheap rent is at Sakurasou compared to regular dorm), but she has to learn that slapping people away who want to help her, when she clearly can't take the load physically, isn't going to get her far. Which, I suppose, will be one of the main (and first) points her story will address.
She is definitely going to burn herself out sooner or later if she keeps refusing help. She is definitely too stubborn about Mashiro, she should have let Sorata handle her, as he always has until now (I think jealousy is also a factor here). Nevertheless, her dedication to her dream is indeed very admirable and impressive. A lot of people would have probably given up by now (myself included), but she perseveres against all odds. That makes her highly likable in my eyes. She just need to learn to put her pride aside and she'll be all set.

I understand why she has that kind of mindset though. Her parents are apparently not supportive at all, so she's had no choice but to rely on herself and it eventually became a habit.
Old 2012-11-06, 13:04   Link #705
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She is definitely going to burn herself out sooner or later if she keeps refusing help. She is definitely too stubborn about Mashiro, she should have let Sorata handle her, as he always has until now (I think jealousy is also a factor here). Nevertheless, her dedication to her dream is indeed very admirable and impressive. A lot of people would have probably given up by now (myself included), but she perseveres against all odds. That makes her highly likable in my eyes. She just need to learn to put her pride aside and she'll be all set.

I understand why she has that kind of mindset though. Her parents are apparently not supportive at all, so she's had no choice but to rely on herself and it eventually became a habit.
With Mashiro I think there was a mixture of reasons for Aoyama taking up that duty. One I think was certainly jealousy playing a part. But I think also it ties into her being so determined to be self-sufficient that seeing someone like Mashiro appearing dependent frustrates her. Maybe it's the fact that Mashiro doesn't appear to care about becoming completely self-sufficient that really digs at Aoyama.

But yeah, can't help but admire the determination and perseverance. Hanging in there when your parents don't have your back is impressive. Know if I didn't have that support wouldn't have done a lot of things. Just a question of finding some balance.
Old 2012-11-06, 13:25   Link #706
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Mahou's two cents worth of impression:
- Mashiro's photographic memory is a really fearful ability and I agreed with Sorata that she should apologize to every hard-working student (even though I'm not hard-working myself) . Of which she did afterwards
- Her innuendo talk at the park seemed kind of intentional, especially the love hotel addition. Or it's simply perfectly-timed.
- Nanami's overall circumstances are quite harsh, but partly self-imposed. I mean wanting to chase her dream is all well and fine and worthy to support, but under the condition of paying all of it by herself? It's surely a great portion of Nanami's stuborness as a factor either. Sure, also in Germany some students have to pay their own tuition fees alone, but surely not with this amount of excessive workload.
- Sorata was indeed to naive with his let's-do-a-quick-game-concept-idea. He just recently had the idea to get into this sector + he's not a genius like Mashiro and the Misaki(?).
- It was visible to me that Mashiro got, at least by the end, tired of Nanami's perma-caretaking, hence why she escaped to Sorata's room. Furthermore, she must have been quite happy when Sorata suggested to buy her manga together on release date. I interpreted it as happy due to how fast she fell asleep afterwards.
- Nanami's punch, reaction and the whole argument was exaggerated and annoying.
Overall: I thought that Sorata's tsukkomi acts were at times not that funny and happend often, but Nanami easily topped the amount of tsukkomi act
Old 2012-11-06, 13:45   Link #707
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
With Mashiro I think there was a mixture of reasons for Aoyama taking up that duty. One I think was certainly jealousy playing a part. But I think also it ties into her being so determined to be self-sufficient that seeing someone like Mashiro appearing dependent frustrates her. Maybe it's the fact that Mashiro doesn't appear to care about becoming completely self-sufficient that really digs at Aoyama.
Indeed, I think that's a strong factor too. I don't actually have much a problem with her determined to make Mashiro more self-sufficient, because...well...she's kinda right. Mashiro does need to be more self sufficient. I don't think anyone would really have any problem with it if she wasn't overworking herself as a result or if Mashiro didn't have a problem with it. We've been hinted at Mashiro not liking it but if we weren't i doubt anyone would've known. It's not like Sorata was and he even thought they were getting along well, so it's unlikely Aoyama will know. I doubt her bossing people around to this extent is an actual facet of her normal personality. I think what we're seeing here is someone who's frustrations and work load is getting the better of her and it's simply bringing out the worst in her.

Anyway, this was an interesting episode and I'm glad Aoyama has been under the spotlight now because I think she's a pretty interesting character herself. Good episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 14:18   Link #708
zyta

Send a message via MSN to zyta
Does anybody know what the voice was at 9:37 when Sorata was shaking Shiina to wake her up. It doesn't sound like it was a part of the show at all.
Old 2012-11-06, 14:32   Link #709
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Did it sound like an old man? rofl

I think I know what you're talking about.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 15:33   Link #710
zyta

Send a message via MSN to zyta
yeah, it kinda did. Whatever it was freaked me out at first.
Old 2012-11-06, 19:00   Link #711
Deathscyther

Good episode, but I have to be honest and say that Aoyama is kind of annoying to me at the moment. I do respect her willpower, but she's taking it too far right now. She's really pushy, doesn't let anyone help her and just does whatever she thinks is best. She even gets angry when someone tries to tell her that she can't handle the workload/stress.

She doesn't even take into account how the others are feeling about her actions. She's just forcing her own feelings onto Sorata and Mashiro. She takes over Mashiro duty after noticing that Mashiro doesn't appear to care about becoming self-sufficient, just because she thinks that self-sufficiency is really important. By doing this she's trying to prove (forcefully) to both Sorata and Mashiro that her way of living is the right one.

This episode seems to have been intended to show the viewers just how much Aoyama is overworking herself and it probably won't take long until she really explodes. And I'm guessing that she'll see the error in her ways and that someone (Sorata or Mashiro) will be able to help her after this happens. I just hope that she'll become more likable after someone talks some sense into her.
Old 2012-11-06, 19:27   Link #712
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, I remember how it was only last week where people thought that other than the love triangle, there's nothing to develop Aoyama's character
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 19:31   Link #713
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyta View Post
Does anybody know what the voice was at 9:37 when Sorata was shaking Shiina to wake her up. It doesn't sound like it was a part of the show at all.
It seems like a weird thing going on with random voices popping in every now and then. Even the previous episode at 21:00 where Mashiro said "It's not fair" didn't really sound like her. I'm not sure if they are just fooling around or if there is serious quality check issues going on here.
Old 2012-11-06, 19:42   Link #714
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Well, pushy and meddlesome people annoy me to the max and so was Aoyama. Why can't some people just stay out of other peoples business?
And I seriously understand why she wants to do everything alone, but she is not doing herself a favour with that.
Hope she changes those character traits really fast.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 21:36   Link #715
Insane
Banned

I wonder how Mashiro managed to pull such "trolling" in such precise time as if she's a troll herself.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 21:43   Link #716
Zavie

I think I understand most of the opinions about Aoyama here, but let's not forget that she has feeling for Sorata. And she recognizes Mashiro as her love rival, of course she would prefer her to spend less time with Sorata as possible. I know that it's Sorata business to take care of Mashiro (and he seems to willingly do the chores now), but hey, love makes people go blind, doesn't it?

But yes, she pushes herself too hard, that I agree, but I think that is obvious to everybody, include Aoyama herself as well, but she just has to do it because it is gẻr life now imo.
Old 2012-11-06, 22:00   Link #717
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I love this show. I love aoyama and mashiro, the comedy is tpo notch.

11/10 show.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 22:02   Link #718
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
I think I understand most of the opinions about Aoyama here, but let's not forget that she has feeling for Sorata. And she recognizes Mashiro as her love rival, of course she would prefer her to spend less time with Sorata as possible. I know that it's Sorata business to take care of Mashiro (and he seems to willingly do the chores now), but hey, love makes people go blind, doesn't it?

Aoyama wants Mashiro to spend less time with Sorata... So her plan involves spending more time with her than with Sorata ? That doesn't sound right does it ?

The whole taking over Mashiro-Duty is purely her own moral obligation, I doubt her love feelings have anything say in the decision process.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 22:29   Link #719
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mashiro she an idiot genius

Now that the way to enter a room from the upstairs swinging down on a rope throw the window

Well it looks like Nanami going to burn her self out
Old 2012-11-06, 23:55   Link #720
Forsaken_Infinity

Perhaps cruel of me but I want Ayonama to win simply because I can't stand the implications that anime over the years continue to reiterate that somebody who was born naturally better deserves better and is going to win over somebody who isn't naturally talented but tries to get there on their own. As lazy as I am, I absolutely believe that it's the work ethics first and natural potential second that matters, and should matter, and I really don't like it when some super genius just shows up and wins everything just like that, especially when they aren't even trying. That said though, Shiina has the guts to be honest with her feelings (and that means that at least in the winning Sorata's love department, she is being upfront and trying while Ayonama beats around the bush even though she tries harder), and that's always a huge plus over somebody who's stubborn like Ayonama, and it's Sorata's choice at the end. It's pretty close but I also think Ayonama and Sorata would complement each other a lot better than Sorata and Shiina where it'd be one side being entirely too dependent on the other. Simply put, Ayonama and Sorata have the potential to have an actually realistic and healthy relationship whereas Shiina and Sorata is one of those fantasy love kind of scenario that could change a person's outlook on life over a short period of time but isn't going to last long anyway.

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life