Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-16, 13:51   Link #61
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And her girl friends advised her to not be so visibly athletic so as not to outshine her bf.
No, they advised Shikimori to pretend can't play bowling so Shikimori considered a cute girl by her bae;
Its the classic 'made yourself looks incapable to get attention' rom-com move, just happened in bowling this time instead of more common ice skating case.

There's no mention about outshining Izumi.
Nekozaki herself in fact expected to be amused by Izumi luck, no mention about Izumi being weaker.
Its Hachimitsu who no one expected to be able to make strike, even her bowling posture suggested she's even less capable than Izumi when it comes to sport-related stuffs.
Old 2022-04-16, 14:21   Link #62
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Unsurprisingly Izumi gets taken out during the game. Not only is he a bad luck magnet, but he's too klutzy for his own good. Not even just that, but apparently he's scarred all across his body and a truck once ran into his house. Despite how cutesy and comedic he is, Izumi's been through some serious stuff
Izumi might be a klutz, weak, Cursed type of unlucky, and inattentive given his circumstances, but he apparently is remarkably durable? Not too many teenage boys would be able to take a soccer ball directly to the bridge of their nose and then go back into the game after a short break at the nurse's office. He might get injured a lot, but somehow he's never died...so that is kind of impressive in its own right.

Also, he can get the unfathomably cool Shikimori to blush and get her heart absolutely pounding, so he must be doing something right.

There's a simple wholesomeness and earnestness to this series that I admire.

Shikimori is his shining knight, but Izumi is her emotional sanctuary.
ryllharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 15:31   Link #63
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Last post I'll make on the subject: maybe I'm overreacting, and maybe I'm not expressing it well, but there's just something that doesn't sit right with me about the premise and its presentation.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 17:23   Link #64
Huh...?

While the story is ok, i think "Love after World Domination" is better at couple dynamic than this Series, in the 2 episodes so far.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 18:46   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm surprised Izumi has managed to stay alive this long. For a series that isn't a full blown comedy and (probably) doesn't have supernatural elements, this is just way too exaggerated.

This series isn't really doing it for me so far. And given that there are chances it'll get pushed back to another season, I'm very tempted to drop it to pick up Kongming instead.
Old 2022-04-16, 19:42   Link #66
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Isn't this really almost more "Izumi-san Actually is Just a Cutie" - I mean thematically? Seems like that's the gist of it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 20:15   Link #67
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm surprised Izumi has managed to stay alive this long. For a series that isn't a full blown comedy and (probably) doesn't have supernatural elements, this is just way too exaggerated.
I was kind of shocked that he had actual scars .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Isn't this really almost more "Izumi-san Actually is Just a Cutie" - I mean thematically? Seems like that's the gist of it.
Well, in terms of execution I'd say they're both equally cute, it's just Izumi is a little more overt with it and doesn't have Shikimori's awesome moments .
Old 2022-04-16, 20:29   Link #68
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Looked at another way, this dynamic is kind of a classic BL pairing except one of the "B"s is a "G".
Old 2022-04-16, 20:33   Link #69
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Looked at another way, this dynamic is kind of a classic BL pairing except one of the "B"s is a "G".
Or like a Shojo manga romance where the genders are flipped...
Old 2022-04-16, 20:43   Link #70
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I think this anime is a good lesson on why all Okama characters are almost always sub-characters and not main characters, and exaggerated and middle-age

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 21:02   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Or like a Shojo manga romance where the genders are flipped...
Or that, sure. But Shikimori even says "Seme sugi!" after the infirmary scene.
Old 2022-04-16, 23:43   Link #72
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I think this anime is a good lesson on why all Okama characters are almost always sub-characters and not main characters, and exaggerated and middle-age
You think Izumi is an Okama-esque character ?
Old 2022-04-17, 22:45   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You think Izumi is an Okama-esque character ?
Yeah
Though if he was even more exaggerated and actually comedic, it might have made him as bearable as an okama character

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 02:17   Link #74
EroKing

Feels a bit too vanilla and lacking in any kind of spice. I'd rather have some NTR in it, like...

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 13:59.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 10:03   Link #75
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yeah
Though if he was even more exaggerated and actually comedic, it might have made him as bearable as an okama character
Well, he's definitely effeminate...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Feels a bit too vanilla and lacking in any kind of spice. I'd rather have some NTR in it, like...
I feel like the spice is Shikimori being a Chad girlfriend .
Old 2022-04-18, 12:18   Link #76
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Well, its vanilla story.

Kinda disappointed with this episode as it looks like the rearrangement will made them skipped some group moments and dating moments from source material, focusing on Shikimori looking cool.
Old 2022-04-18, 21:15   Link #77
grecefar

I don't know why and maybe I'm way overthinking this but I believe there is more in this anime than just a fluffly romance between those two. The OP makes me think a lot too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 23:31   Link #78
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That's pretty much the reason I'm holding out, that OP.
Old 2022-04-19, 12:48   Link #79
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I don't know why and maybe I'm way overthinking this but I believe there is more in this anime than just a fluffly romance between those two. The OP makes me think a lot too.
I was genuinely surprised that Izumi had legit scars on his body from all his injuries. I didn't think it would get that visible as far as impact considering how comedic they treat his injuries otherwise.

There probably is more backstory going on for the leads but I feel like it'll be more like whatever Tsukasa's deal was in Tonikawa.
Old 2022-04-20, 16:29   Link #80
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
2 episodes in I'm enjoying this series so far. I know the premise is absurd but I'm in for the escapism. This is no different from a majority of harem animes in levels of realism. But found myself cheesing with a huge grin the whole time I was watching. Off course i got a tomboy fetish that skews my bias. I wonder how long till the gimmick gets old and repetitive though.

I'm curious how they'll handle character development in the series. Because mc doesn't have an issue with courage or expressing himself properly. And it's not that he's actually clumsy and needs to work on not being so. The universe literally has it out for homey.
If this was a different genre they could at least have him explore the source of his misfortune and attempt to quell it.

So i don't expect any character development from the two supposed main characters.
Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote