AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-08, 22:02   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2022-08-08 at 22:22.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 00:30   Link #22
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Guess they cut the budget for most of the ep and invested it in the 3-sec Ayanokoji/SCP running animation =0v.

Horikita has been getting the "need to work as a team" idea from Ayanokoji since early s1. But its not til now that it finally took root; Sudo saw that and that's why he was able to empathize with her this time.

There are a number of things in the background to take note of.
-First off, SCP was watching Horikita's class. Maybe her words from last(or 2nd to last) episode actually hit home in some way. He COULD have been just been watching from the general perspective of it being Team RED, which he was in, but I don't believe that to be totally the case. He might actually be a bit interested in his sister... or is it perhaps Ayanokoji whom he's interested in. He seemed kinda happy to be challenged by someone on his level(first in martial arts, now running).

-Ayanokoji intentionally provoking the SCP. What purpose does this have in the narrative? His initial intention was to let the class lose horribly, but I could see him wanting an upset at the end since Horikita brought back Sudo, and wanted to strengthen the class morale. Wouldn't be surprised if Ayanokoji got that guy to give up his position as anchor for this purpose. But why put himself on the radar of SCP when he could have just raced normally? Wasn't his intentions to not stand out?

-Kushida should know that Ayanokoji was involved in ruining her scheme, as he admitted to knowing that she leaked the class participation list. I don't take Kushida as being too crafty like Ryuen or Sakayanagi person, but surely only Ayanokoji could be contributed to knowing about the leaked roster. I am curious what Kushida will do to or around Ayanokoji from hereforth?

-Ryuen subtly admits that he knows Horikita is being used, so he will probably figure out sooner or later that Ayanokoji is mainly involved; esp if he gets insight from Kushida. Fortunately for Ayanokoji, Ryuen will now be looking for who's the traitor in class C instead. However it'll be interesting to see what he does when he finds out about Ayanokoji.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 20:26   Link #23
AC-Phoenix
Detective

How is it that RaGF's mami, the sole angel of retribution towards Kazuya's bullshit, is still less liked than Kushida?

Interestingly enough, Horikita is really stupid there. There is no way any sane person would let that fly as hypothetical, so she had nothing to worry about, especially given how kushida revealed her dark personality during said recording too.

Still, I should be happy that someone is finally thinking about using their smart phones in a smart way

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-11, 00:11   Link #24
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Holy F**! , Say what you want about cliches and overused tropes. When they work, they work. Last few minutes of ep 6 had me wondering isn't it time for the hero to show up? It was so cathartic when he finally did.
I love that the MC barely talks most of the time and just seen observing people most of the time. There's some plot convenience where he always seem to be at the right time and place. But By now I think we're suppose to believe in he's purposely fully positioning himself. There are few coincidences in this show. Aizen would be proud.

I'm also forced to question why he potentially exposed himself to protect her. Wouldn't have been better to let the SOB think he's winning for longer?

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 10:50   Link #25
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
im also forced to question why he potentially exposed himself to protect her. Wouldn't have been better to let the SOB think he's winning for longer?
My best guess at this is that Ayanokoji wants her to keep her morale high, and by protecting her, she becomes more susceptible(whether she does so willingly or not) to becoming his pawn. She already realized after the island trip incident that he was protecting her(her thoughts ofc; we know what ayanokoji thinks about it), and Ryuen's words about how this mysterious person is backing her, it would be easy for her to attribute that to ayanokoji.

Or perhaps, since Ayanokoji already revealed himself to Kushida, and she colluding with Ryuen, perhaps he did that to rile up Ryuen, and get him focused on finding "the class C traitor" instead of focusing on Horiitika and "her backer".

Old 2022-08-15, 13:44   Link #26
frubam
simp for Lyria

Well, Karuisawa seems like a much better character when she's not doing her "parasite" routine. Its kinda refreshing seeing her to be more normal in front of Ayanokoji. The bit of jealousy is kinda cute too; I'm sure she feels more entitled to him since she liked him before Sato did. While Horikita would be even before her, apparently Horikita is not even in the running by her standards .

I noticed last episode, 2-A got highest placement in the sports festival. The new SCP guy was in the last episode; he was next to SCP Horikita in the relay(he tells SCP Horikita "see you later senpai"). Had no idea what that was for, and thought it had no purpose, since Horikita wasn't paying it any attention. Might be for a bit of contention that will be shown how the former and current SCP were at-odds with how things should run, hence, his declaration at the SCP position passing event. He may even come to notice Ayanokoji, if he(presumably) finished the race beforehand, and found out Horikita stayed behind specifically to race Ayanokoji, wondering something along the lines of "why is he so focused on that 1st year class D student? They're bottom of the barrel."

Didn't take long for Ryuen to figure out who the traitor was. Would have never guessed Ayanokoji blackmailed them with the bully video in order to get that Ryuen video to him. Ryuen suspects him now, but feels that its too obvious for it to be him just because he was around Horikita all those times(i.e. out in the open). Yukimura hasn't been wrote off just yet, and, conveniently, managed to get a 100 on the mini-exam too. I wonder if Ayanokoji is going to try and use him as a scapegoat to avoid being target by Ryuen.

Old 2022-08-15, 22:56   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Great these high schoolers are acting like idiots and punks and all, but gosh dang, turn on the lights. I thought you were going to use violence, not try to mentally attack them by straining everyone's eyes

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2022-08-15, 23:32   Link #28
Marina2

Whoa....anime actually skipped the important meeting and interaction between Ayanokoji and a certain girl. Well, since there is that scene in PV, I guess it just get relocated it to somewhere else.
Old 2022-08-22, 23:00   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep8:

Old 2022-08-23, 14:00   Link #30
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep8:
Spoiler for EP8:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-31, 03:18   Link #31
Tenzen12

Does nove; brong any reason for Kei being into Kyoutaka aside of him protecting her? After all there seem to be plenty individuals who did in past and at lest when it come Hirata, they are and seem to always be friends at best.
Old 2022-08-31, 06:40   Link #32
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Does nove; brong any reason for Kei being into Kyoutaka aside of him protecting her? After all there seem to be plenty individuals who did in past and at lest when it come Hirata, they are and seem to always be friends at best.
Depends on your definition of "protect". Hirata is more of a mediator than a protector. He doesn't outright shut down Karuisawa's behavior and moreso negotiates with the other party for more agreeable terms. Ayanakoji however, with the bullying, completely shut that down, regardless of whether it was her fault or not. Moreover, unlike Hirata, who would occasionally remind her that they aren't bf/gf, and thus he'll only go so far, Ayanakoji proclaimed if anything happens to her to let him know and that he would make sure to protect her.

Old 2022-09-03, 13:43   Link #33
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
So bish was just cray cray from the onset? No abusive parents or childhood bullying. I guess the author doesn't want us sympathetic at all. All her actions are self destructive. It's all or nothing for her. She only grew resentful because she tried to please people too much. Instead of scaling back the cutesy act to a manageable % she does a heel face and dials it is to 11

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-12, 12:02   Link #34
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

When I said before I didn't expect this series to go a certain way I didn't expect to see highschoolers waterboarding each other lol, one episode we're seeing Kiyotaka getting hit on by his classmates and the next we're seeing actual torture

And why do I get the feeling that this group of "normal" classmates are actually being used as cover by Kiyotaka to further disguise himself as an average Class D member?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-12, 12:13   Link #35
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

This series has the most disgusting antagonists I've seen in a while. I really hope Kiyotaka will deal with Ryuuen at least before the end of S3.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-12, 19:20   Link #36
Tenzen12

Not like Kiyotaka is significantly better though.
Old 2022-09-12, 21:56   Link #37
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
The main difference IMO is Kiyo-pon doesn't go out of his way to provoke anyone or start something with the other classes, all these started because Suzune told him she wanted to reach class A and he's like "yeah sure I'm free, let's do it"

Think of him as a very efficient genie: "oh you don't want to get bullied in this school again? I'll make sure to do something about it and come save you by any means necessary, even if you get waterboarded along the way"
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-12, 23:06   Link #38
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
He is slowly getting better. And if the spoilers I read do not lie, I like some future developments.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 01:02   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Lol, now torture? Man this is getting as elite as it can be

Old 2022-09-13, 02:18   Link #40
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
The main difference IMO is Kiyo-pon doesn't go out of his way to provoke anyone or start something with the other classes, all these started because Suzune told him she wanted to reach class A and he's like "yeah sure I'm free, let's do it"

Think of him as a very efficient genie: "oh you don't want to get bullied in this school again? I'll make sure to do something about it and come save you by any means necessary, even if you get waterboarded along the way"

That's false. He pretended doing it for Suzune, but in moment he there was no need to do so anymore, he just let her fend for herself, despite trust she put it in him (as he himself explicitly said he is not her ally, he was just using her). Not to mention he also helped bullies so he he can take adventage of their victim.

Reason why he doesn't go all the way to provoke other classes, is purely pragmatic and if situation changed he would not hesitate to do that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
He is slowly getting better. And if the spoilers I read do not lie, I like some future developments.
He doesn't.

I mean I am sure he will slowly get better from now, but right now he is still on his most asshole point of character development and I do hope his journey to became better person will start soon, if possible by next episode.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2022-09-13 at 02:28.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote