AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-05, 19:00   Link #21
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I'm really sort of confused as to what's going on with MC being the "Iceblade Sorcerer" but episode 1 was so painfully generic so I'm not sure if I'll stick around long enough to find out. I might give it another episode anyway.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-05, 20:37   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-06, 00:36   Link #23
Frontier

This is your pretty standard and typical School Battle Harem Fantasy show, minus any kind of Isekai or reincarnation plot, but it executes it so genuinely and clearly that you just can't help but enjoy it .

The Opening is pretty solid for this kind of show, but the Ending is more memorable if only because of all the fanservice shots with the girls .

Ray is quite the gentleman! I guess it's no surprise he's so effective at charming the ladies because in only one episode he's already speedrunning a Harem and making multiple girls swoon. What is this, the Introduction arc of a Visual Novel :heh?

Amelia got strong Main Heroine vibes, complete with cherry blossoms appearing when she first meets Ray! I can already tell sparks are flying between these two .

Abbie seems like the more serious and dutiful female principal type, but the "Abbie-chan" was pretty cute .

I really want to meet Carol .

I'm guessing Cid knows Ainsworth personally? But it definitely helped him and Elisa bond and I'm eager to see Elisa grow out of her shell .

Okay, that bro bonding moment between Ray and Ev was pretty unique. Straight up threw their shirts off and flexed their muscles to realize their comrades in being swole. Didn't expect that .

Dude literally jogs and ends up encountering a beautiful woman who will inevitably join his Harem! Can't beat that !

Okay, Clarisse is pretty hilarious with her hamminess and pride in her twintails. I also love how she did a dramatic pause with her last name and Ray actually repeated it .

Man, this one dude is pretty obsessed with Ray being ordinary. Like even by the standard of jersk who antagonize the MC on their first day, he's pretty unhinged and obsessed .

I wonder how soon before the cast realize he's the Iceblade Sorcerer? I guess as soon as his blue hair shows up .
Old 2023-01-06, 01:09   Link #24
Marina2

The art style of this show is sure unique in its own way.

I wish these show at least stop this "the weakest one turned out to be to strongest one" trope when design the main character. C'mon at least make him an average guy in the school.
Old 2023-01-06, 05:41   Link #25
Lex79

This seems to be "The greatest magicmaster's retirement plan" but with a protagonist with a friendly attitude. Considering that I like that series, it's not a bad start.
The show wasted no time in introducing the girls who will be part of the harem, although I 'm a bit surprised by the apparent lack of a proper tsundere. Maybe the blonde twintail has yet to show her true power in that regard...
The question is if in the harem there will be only the students or adults and teachers are going to be involved too. Would be a waste to not make proper use of that provocative sorceress that was mentioned.
At first I thought this was going to be a reincarnation story, but apparently the protagonist is only a prodigy who was a war hero at a young age...unless the comments about him being more mature that his age are a hint there is something more to him.
Old 2023-01-06, 09:29   Link #26
Decel

I like the MC's general personality.

The problem seems to be the story-telling, basically saying "let's speed-run all the girls in your harem". The ED is especially telling, and a turn-off for me. Eminence in the shadow for example plays the harem card way, way better.
Old 2023-01-06, 15:38   Link #27
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I like the MC's general personality.

The problem seems to be the story-telling, basically saying "let's speed-run all the girls in your harem". The ED is especially telling, and a turn-off for me. Eminence in the shadow for example plays the harem card way, way better.
I actually kind of liked how fast he was collecting up the main girls .
Old 2023-01-06, 18:14   Link #28
Alchemist007
*Author

Standard schlock. I guess the roommate guy was pretty cool.
Old 2023-01-12, 14:44   Link #29
Frontier

Who needs a Harem when you can just have some homoerotic muscle flexing and stretching in your underwear with your best bro? Or join an explorer lodge of burly, manly, men who hang out with barely any clothes on and immediately accept Ray with his finely-toned body and Gold Hunter credentials? Was anyone expecting so much male fanservice in this show ?

Although ever the cultured man that he is, Ray also tries to join the more dainty and all-female gardening club, and we even get a farming montage as he proves his gardening skills for all to see. Also, "I know how to communicate with women?" I can totally tell .

Does Ray not want to join the Magic Chevalier because he knows he'd win easily? Would it expose him as the Iceblade Sorcerer ?

Rebecca seems pretty sweet on Ray! Bringing him snacks and even feeling up his biceps! Although Amelia doesn't seem to care for another girl showing him attention .

There's a spy at the school? Huh. I wonder if it's one of the girls ?

Claris makes a friend! And fellow bug enthusiast! And that also makes her blush even harder for Ray. I see where this is going .

I miss Alium soothingly and shrieking "ORDINARY!!!" every time Ray so much as breathes .

Our main cast is coming together for a hunting expedition! With some snazzy field outfits to boot !

Seems like Amelia is really self-conscious about her family and status, having worked so hard to be judged on her own merits and not her families. But in finding Ray, Elisa, and Evi she's been able to meet and get to know people who treat her like a normal person and not a noble. Also she and Elisa seem to really hit it off .

So Ray's master was a blonde woman (of course) and it seems like the war hit her hard to the point where she's confined to a wheelchair. I guess it's only a matter of time before Ray exposes his identity, but I guess it's a question of whether he tells his friends beforehand. Amelia definitely seems suspicious already .

I love Claris spending more time admiring the giant monster insects that are trying to kill her and her class .

Of course Ray ends up saving his bullies in his exceptionally OP ways, but it seems like the spy (?) is trying to take Ray out by reviving it into a more fearsome monster .

Next week: Boss Fight and some dates with the girls !
Old 2023-01-12, 18:05   Link #30
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I checked out a few chapters of the manga to see if this improves and its like... completely different. I guess they REALLY wanted to introduce all the girls in the first episodes... and load up on beefcake in episode 2

Its pretty terrible but I'll probably watch until I get bored.
Old 2023-01-12, 21:30   Link #31
Decel

Underwhelmed by this episode, a significant drop from ep 1 which was amongst the upper-tier of shows I'm checking out this season.
Old 2023-01-14, 05:01   Link #32
Lex79

When he joined the muscle men club I thought I was watching Mob Psycho 100 again...I do wonder if he's genuinely interested in the clubs or he's just trying to be around as many people as possible in order to investigate the spy. Speakimg about secrets, I'm assuming with the next fight he's going to reveal his identity, at least to Amelia.
Old 2023-01-14, 10:42   Link #33
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
When he joined the muscle men club I thought I was watching Mob Psycho 100 again...I do wonder if he's genuinely interested in the clubs or he's just trying to be around as many people as possible in order to investigate the spy. Speakimg about secrets, I'm assuming with the next fight he's going to reveal his identity, at least to Amelia.
He seems pretty into muscle-training and flexing, although it would be kind of funny if he just joined the gardening club because he's suspicious of the cute girls .
Old 2023-01-15, 07:36   Link #34
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
This one of those so bad it's good animes. I'm having a blast watching it. MC is an absolutes Chad who rolled a perfect 16 on all the stats. Can't help but laugh any time the blue haired guy mutters "Ordinary" can't take him seriously all i hear is " Dinkleberg ಠ⁠︵⁠ಠ"

Anyways reading the comments on a certain streaming website makes it all the more fun to watch.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-17, 23:52   Link #35
alex_drian

Not gonna lie. Iceblade Sorcerer is generic. Fucking generic and makes me remember how the battle harem genre mostly has died when two anime in the same season practically had the same first episode years ago.

The thing is that Iceblade Sorcerer is not offensive. Average at worst, but makes proper use of their elements. Animation is average but at least is not aWfuL like Endo and Kobayashi anime.

Basically Iceblade Sorcerer executes their work properly and that makes it enjoyable at least for me.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 21:46   Link #36
Decel

Dropping this. It's a fantasy in a flood of a season of similar genres, and nothing pops out. That elf girl's voice is annoying too, too high-pitched for my tastes.

Also I seem to be following 20 series this season. My average is 6. Time to cut the fat.
Old 2023-01-20, 00:18   Link #37
Frontier

Ray could probably have handled this entirely by himself, but it was nice to see it be a team effort (and see the uppity kids get splashed) and remind Ray of his old team during the war .

Ray can casually carry two women? Nice. Amelia is a little touchy feely with Elisa? Doubly nice .

Well, no surprise the nobles don’t really accept or acknowledge Ray’s success, even if it just turns Claris on knowing how strong he is, but I guess this is why Amelia doesn’t care for her own social class .

“Withered…” doesn’t have the same feel as him seething “ORDINARY!!!”

So Lydia was Ray’s master and the original Iceblade Sorcerer? And the author Elisa adores? she passed everything on to him? Seems like the war hit her hard, and Ray too, since it sounds like he’s still recovering his full power .

(Clara is a cute maid )

I’m guessing Eugenics group is the main baddies ?

Lydia seems to really adore Ray! She wants him to be happy and even adorably waits for him to show up and fixes her hair !

I love Elisa getting struck by seeing Ray on his morning routine. And seeing her in casual clothes. And going back to change into a dress for her library date with Ray .

Ray reads romance novels? No wonder he can wax lyrical about the ladies .

Claris pulling a date peeper! Which turns into an impromptu first meeting between her and Elisa, which gets pretty awkward for everybody but Ray, but I guess introductions were made .

Amelia looks amazing in formal wear! And cute when she’s jealous of other girls spending time with Ray. And the Amelia fashion show proves she looks amazing in anything and Ray is pretty open with the compliments !

Thank you talking spider for spooking Amelia and revealing her in her glorious, red and black underwear, beauty! Although Amelia seems to be considering being a different kind of open with Ray…

Looks like Al has gotten an evil upgrade to take Ray out with .
Old 2023-01-20, 08:31   Link #38
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Series is actually growing on me now. Love Ray's Charisma anime watchers are too old to like the flustered and oblivious MCs nowadays.

I don't count master as part of the harem. She's more like a doting mother or big sis to me.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-20, 10:09   Link #39
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
The thing is that Iceblade Sorcerer is not offensive. Average at worst, but makes proper use of their elements. Animation is average but at least is not aWfuL like Endo and Kobayashi anime.
I guess but Endo and Kobayashi has interesting characters and premise; so far this is generic power fantasy harem # 63,417 except with tentacle twintails. I was hoping the redhead would establish some semblance of a personality this episode but that hasn't really happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
Love Ray's Charisma anime watchers are too old to like the flustered and oblivious MCs nowadays.
I agree somewhat but I hope his friends find out about the Iceblade thing quickly because so far he comes off as incredibly... plastic, with what seems like hollow politeness.

I'm still kind of intrigued but I'm keeping up with too many series this season myself so I'll see how long I last.
Old 2023-01-20, 15:45   Link #40
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
Series is actually growing on me now. Love Ray's Charisma anime watchers are too old to like the flustered and oblivious MCs nowadays.

I don't count master as part of the harem. She's more like a doting mother or big sis to me.
But is it actually charisma? It comes across more like he is copying stuff he has seen or read about.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote