AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-13, 17:00   Link #21
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Yeah I was really not feeling the humor they seem to be going for. I might give this another shot in the future but for now its a drop.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-13, 18:13   Link #22
grecefar

I like it, miri is cute and I'm curious about the mother, she took care of her and doesn't seem that bad but letting her go by herself like that to find her father. She is in a gray area for now.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-13, 20:35   Link #23
Decel

Compared to Miri, Anya seems like the mature one. That being said, this is not far from what I expect of a 4 year old.

I kind of like it, even though the enemy have them aiming skills of a storm trooper. The background story around Miri's father though taints this in a negative way.
Old 2023-01-14, 06:18   Link #24
Alchemist007
*Author

Another good goofball episode, though I expect things to get somewhat serious eventually.
Old 2023-01-15, 02:48   Link #25
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I like the OP.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 07:46   Link #26
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I think I like Miri over Anya cause she at least speaks in full sentences. (You'd think an esper would also be smarter) Miri acts her Age but i don't get how she was outrunning him. she got short legs for Christ's sake.

Like someone said title sucks for an English/American audience. I get it but it doesn't roll of the tongue. They are buddies that are also daddies

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 15:10   Link #27
Decel

Oh I love Miri's personality and she carries a decent chunk of the show, for better or worst depending on people's appreciation of her.

Miri's depiction is closer to reality for an energetic 4 year old, and her genki-ness is contagious. She can also be a supervillain in the making given her origin story.
Old 2023-01-18, 00:01   Link #28
alex_drian

Damn. PA Works animation is good, OP is pretty good and I like the MC buddies but I'm gonna drop it because I hate stories about take care of little kids. This drop actually hurts me.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 16:58   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Damn. PA Works animation is good, OP is pretty good and I like the MC buddies but I'm gonna drop it because I hate stories about take care of little kids.
I hate stories of taking care of little kids badly. So yeah, tempted to drop it too.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-20, 14:18   Link #30
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Why so many people hating kids here. Maybe I am just biased as I have a young niece who has a similar character but I don't mind it.

Latest episode was more about drama and character development (no action this time) but I liked it. I presume, a lot of western people will defend the mother, but I personally saw a bunch of such girls in real life and I hate when they blame all of their troubles on others:

1. Hey, noone forced you to choose shitty partners. You normally have a choice to get out of toxic relationships or do not repeat the past mistakes by chosing a shitty partner again after breaking up with previous one.

2. Kazuki was right: it is not the reason to blame all your troubles on the kid.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-20, 16:20   Link #31
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Why so many people hating kids here. Maybe I am just biased as I have a young niece who has a similar character but I don't mind it.
Like I said, to me, it's not about the kid. It's about how irresponsible they are with her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-20, 17:09   Link #32
grecefar

Well miri did mislead me and I thought that the mother was somewhat “good” but in the end well, I guess it was pretty obvious.

Rei in the end is cool with all that and miri is opening his eyes about new things like cereal and cheap hamburger. Still he is owed a cat.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-20, 22:51   Link #33
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Well miri did mislead me and I thought that the mother was somewhat “good” but in the end well, I guess it was pretty obvious.

Rei in the end is cool with all that and miri is opening his eyes about new things like cereal and cheap hamburger. Still he is owed a cat.
It's more complicated than that. Despite her mother's contempt for her, Miri shows no signs of trauma or abuse. If she was starved, then she'd have demonstrated hoarding or food obsessions. She can even read and write.
Old 2023-01-21, 06:13   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

Quite confused on how the girl turned out the way she is when the mother sounds like a borderline emotional abuser.
Old 2023-01-21, 06:19   Link #35
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Quite confused on how the girl turned out the way she is when the mother sounds like a borderline emotional abuser.
Based on mothers dialog she did try to play a good mother, but after some time she just got tired and shipped the girl to her father before it became abusive.
Old 2023-01-22, 14:01   Link #36
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

Latest episode was more about drama and character development (no action this time) but I liked it. I presume, a lot of western people will defend the mother, but I personally saw a bunch of such girls in real life and I hate when they blame all of their troubles on others:

1. Hey, noone forced you to choose shitty partners. You normally have a choice to get out of toxic relationships or do not repeat the past mistakes by chosing a shitty partner again after breaking up with previous one.

2. Kazuki was right: it is not the reason to blame all your troubles on the kid.
I won't defend the mother since she's still largely responsible for her own actions, but it's complicated. If people were always capable of acting and thinking rationally or logically then psychologist, psychotherapist, and psychotherapy wouldn't exist because we'd all just solve our own problems, and not carry around emotional baggage, that could cause us to stay in bad situations.
Old 2023-01-22, 18:51   Link #37
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I won't defend the mother since she's still largely responsible for her own actions, but it's complicated. If people were always capable of acting and thinking rationally or logically then psychologist, psychotherapist, and psychotherapy wouldn't exist because we'd all just solve our own problems, and not carry around emotional baggage, that could cause us to stay in bad situations.
Strange, isn't it? We can go gaga over children, but when it comes to an adult with a miserable and difficult life, we have only judgement and not an ounce of empathy.
Old 2023-01-22, 19:05   Link #38
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Strange, isn't it? We can go gaga over children, but when it comes to an adult with a miserable and difficult life, we have only judgement and not an ounce of empathy.
In my case call it a personal bias. I have a few female friends who are or were really bad in choosing partners. Neirther of them had a bad upbringing to justify it.

You know, it is perfectly understandable to get in toxic relationships once. But it is hard for me to understand how you can do it repeatedly.
Old 2023-01-22, 19:43   Link #39
bakato

Quote:
In my case call it a personal bias. I have a few female friends who are or were really bad in choosing partners. Neirther of them had a bad upbringing to justify it.

You know, it is perfectly understandable to get in toxic relationships once. But it is hard for me to understand how you can do it repeatedly.
Oh, were they being pimped out, abused, and impregnated by a sweet-talker who turned out to be a human trafficker? And that's all we know so far about this woman. Who knows what sort of shit she went through to end up where she is now? It's safe to say this woman had a bad upbringing.

Then you obviously don't understand how the first time could happen. This toxic relationship is her only way to survive and it was probably her only source of income to provide for Miri to begin with.
Old 2023-01-22, 20:03   Link #40
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I doubt her only source of income is her current boyfriend. It really looks more like he is using her as a source of income.

And we still did not get any inside how having a kid crushed her dreams. She is not some J-pop idol. So unless she had a very specific job, it should not affect her carreer.

And where did you get the whole pipmping out thing? All that we know is that trafficer guy got her pregnant and disappered, nothing else.