AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-14, 23:11   Link #1
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

The Fourth`s DeathGod Technique

The Fourth summoned the DeathGod to transfer the nine tails soul and imprison inside Naruto. Thing is from the Third`s battle with Orochimaru, the soul can only be imprisoned into the body of the summoner.

Is there any speculation as to how the nine tails got transferred into Naruto when the Fourth is already dead?
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 23:18   Link #2
eviljiraiya
Evil Perverted Sannin

boooooooooooooo
eviljiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 23:38   Link #3
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Naruto might be the 4th's son or the 4th reborn.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 23:47   Link #4
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

How would the Fourth get reborn?
Could it be a variation of Orochimaru`s soul transfer technique?

Pls dont say "Scroll of Rebirth".
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 23:48   Link #5
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Assuming one could create a jutsu that could seal a soul within one's body to be devoured by the death god for all eternity... it's not too far to say, "Hey, maybe the 4th just altered his jutsu by a hair to adapt to the situation."
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 23:56   Link #6
Denen Hiryu

Well, the fourth and naruto do look the same; blond hair and blue eyes. I dont think that he is the fourths' re-incarnate because some chars in the anime may know about this, maybe the third.

Prolly wouldnt be a loner if the people of the leaf knew that he was the fourths' re-incarnate. thaugh if he was his son. and i think if he was the son of the fourths wouldnt he get a little more respect?????
Denen Hiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 23:56   Link #7
Zek
Eyebrows...

Yes, there is a lot of speculation, and no, nobody really knows. The most likely IMHO is that since the Kyuubi is immortal, his soul can't be eaten by the death god, so the Fourth had to come up with an alternative. Some say that the Fourth did seal it in himself, but because of Kyuubi's immortality he was "reborn" instead.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 00:11   Link #8
biassj

Don't you have to sacrifice your soul to the Death God for the jutsu to work?
biassj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 00:15   Link #9
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Well, the Fourth was the one who developed the technique, so probably he hadn't had a chance to teach the full version of the Death God Technique to Sarutobi and Jiraiya (who was taught by his student the Rasengan) and probably Kakashi too (who was willing to take on Naruto at Wave Country). His technique was probably advanced enough to put the seal on any person/animal/object of his liking.

Also, as an indication of the advanced level of his techique, he probably didn't die right away after performing the seal, as he had enough time to tell the Third that Naruto should be viewed as a hero instead of Kyubi. [This might also have happenned before performing the seal].

The only way we would definitely know is if the author were to make a movie or an arc devoted to the Fourth's life. Heck, we don't even know his name!!! (Yondaime means The Fourth; it's a title, not a name)
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 00:25   Link #10
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Wait and see for future developments
Its an interesting part of the story. I am waiting for some more hints from the manga.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 01:30   Link #11
Byakug@n
Official Konoha Mascot

I remember this being discussed a while back and I recall someone saying-- and I agree-- that Naruto being the 4th's son is too damn obvious because little kid could easily come to that conclusion. Kishimoto probably has something else in mind that is not too predictable like --keep in mind this is just one opinion and I cant careless if u think its dumb--as the 4th was performing the jutsu, it some how in some bizzarre way fucked up and altered his appearance and transformed him into a baby.
Byakug@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 03:06   Link #12
Rakameroolebah
Bloody Volvo Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator_CA
Well, the Fourth was the one who developed the technique, so probably he hadn't had a chance to teach the full version of the Death God Technique to Sarutobi and Jiraiya (who was taught by his student the Rasengan) and probably Kakashi too (who was willing to take on Naruto at Wave Country). His technique was probably advanced enough to put the seal on any person/animal/object of his liking.
Exactly. I agree, the fourth developed the technique, so it is easy to assume that he was able to utilise it far more adeptly than Sarutobi. Also, it is very unlikely that Naruto is the 4th Hokage 'reincarnated', 'age-reversed' or any thing else. Sarutobi points this out in Episode 56 of the anime.

Sarutobi: "He saved this village and died already. And that happened 13 years ago. We must do something with our own powers"

No reference at all to Naruto, and the third actually says he died.

However, Sarutobi also declares that he is unable to fight Oro on even ground. Curiouser and curiouser. However we know that Sarutobi almost defeats Oro, and the 1st and 2nd hokages, which seems above his own belief. Perhaps Oro was arrogant and underestimated the Hokage. However, there appears to be some contradicting statements in the anime at least...

Oh yeah first post too... Woot!
Rakameroolebah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 03:29   Link #13
m83b4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator_CA

Also, as an indication of the advanced level of his techique, he probably didn't die right away after performing the seal, as he had enough time to tell the Third that Naruto should be viewed as a hero instead of Kyubi. [This might also have happenned before performing the seal].
About that, so why the hell didn't Sarutobi said that to the people of the village?!
m83b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 03:40   Link #14
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by m83b4
About that, so why the hell didn't Sarutobi said that to the people of the village?!
Say a very well know, expert trainer brings a tamed lion to your room and assures you the lion's safe. Would you:

a) Pet the lion
b) Run the hell outta the house, call 911, and try to kill the lion.

I guess almost all of Konoha chose (b)...well, except for the killing part. People can be stubborn, you know.

Besides, Sarutobi made a rule for anyone not to ever mention to anyone ever again that Naruto is a container for Kyubi. Silence may have lead to the fear and paranoia the people exhibited towards Naruto. The only reason why Naruto wasn't insane like Gaara by the time Chapter 1 started is because Sarutobi was watching over and protecting him.

Well, we are getting a bit off topic now: How did the Fourth do it? Your say?
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 03:46   Link #15
Rakameroolebah
Bloody Volvo Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by m83b4

Perhaps he did. However the remaining people could not look at Naruto and think 'hero' rather they viewed him as the nine-tailed fox, Kyuubi. Their village had been destroyed and many people had lost their lives, it is not unreasonable to understand why they had such an ingrained detest of what he posessed. It's one thing to tell the people, another thing entirely for them to listen.

After all could you treat the person whom was indirectly responsible for destroying your house and possibly killing a relative and think 'Gee what a guy, he did it all for me! He's my hero!'?
Rakameroolebah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 04:55   Link #16
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

this thread, this one
,and this one

deal with the subject, happy reading!
Old 2004-09-15, 06:14   Link #17
IntegraTypeR

Don't you think we will find out the answer soon in the anime series?
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 11:40   Link #18
Byakug@n
Official Konoha Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraTypeR
Don't you think we will find out the answer soon in the anime series?
Nope, not anytime soon =P

And also there are a lot of references to the 4th dying fighting Kybui (i.e. the 3rd saying so, Jiraiya saying the 4th did the odd seal over the even seal to protect naruto, and so on) but I doubt none of them were actually there when it happened. It is possible that as he was executing the jutsu it could have went haywire and done something wrong to him.
Byakug@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 13:49   Link #19
baumeista

the 4th was a woman and pregnant.
since only his soul is taken by the deathgod his son lives on
baumeista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 13:56   Link #20
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Do you think Kishomoto reads our posts to come up with some ideas?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote