AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-16, 01:43   Link #48421
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Given Athena's setting, it's only fitting that I have Arrival as the climax/endgame music.

And I've been updating my chapters in my Google Drive, just in case. I've decided to go with 7 long chapters, each made up of 10 parts. The 7 long chapters make up 1 arc, and my projection is for Athena to have 3 arcs, each revolving around a certain character:

Spoiler for Arcs:
Old 2013-11-16, 01:46   Link #48422
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Have anyone thinking about writing about a paralyzed patient?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 01:58   Link #48423
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I tend to avoid talking about people with special needs.

It's an inherently sensitive issue, but I deal with them on daily basis so I understood them well.

Originally though, the Yuuki twins in the TLR Stratos has such issue because of unknown (alien) disease. Riko is left with barely functional leg after recovery.
Old 2013-11-16, 02:06   Link #48424
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Don't know why, but seeing so many people of my family got themself sick kind of encourage me to write something like that. And the idea of Prof. Ichika Orimura is still valid...

Also, what is the most foolist thing that Ichika has ever done? No related to harem.
Old 2013-11-16, 02:15   Link #48425
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

First of all, when write something about things that close to reality, write from their perspective, not yours.

If you want to write someone blind, then cover your eyes for hours to no end. If you want to write someone with paralyzed leg, try to use wheelchair for entire day.

Put that in your writing and you'll see how this is not an enjoyable experience. I write a fanfic for fun, and no way I'll taint that with my own turmoil.

As of Ichika's foolishness, his emotional outburst during Laura's fight is stupid beyond reasoning.
Old 2013-11-16, 02:22   Link #48426
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Pss... Guess that you're right. And damn, I couldn't write anything for day. The time between Fall and Winter is so unpleasant in Vietnam.

... That give me a new idea: What if we combine Rin's Impact Cannon, plus Houki's fire and Tate's ice. A tornado, perharp?
Old 2013-11-16, 02:37   Link #48427
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
... That give me a new idea: What if we combine Rin's Impact Cannon, plus Houki's fire and Tate's ice. A tornado, perharp?
They'll repel each other. So it isn't a nice combo.
Old 2013-11-16, 02:39   Link #48428
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Chaos born Harmony, my friend. Just like what awaited us after every conflict.
Old 2013-11-16, 02:40   Link #48429
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't remember Houki has fire control power

citation?
Old 2013-11-16, 02:49   Link #48430
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

My upgrade for her: Akatsubaki Fusichou (phoenix). A game breaker in the least. Imagine Gundam Phenex in IS form.
Old 2013-11-16, 03:04   Link #48431
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
@ wavehawk

From what I saw, her alias of Reiko Blahblahblah was one of a corporate sales rep. One can just have a 'No Sales Reps' policy in effect for the school festival. She is 'caught' trying to pitch a sale to Ichika and she's rounded up at the cafe. Nothing else to be had.
- Considered that, but since the fic I'm writing has to fit in with the established story I can't use Chifuyu. Yet. Putting Chifuyu into my fic is like detonating a 20 Megaton Nuke in the middle of a New York apartment just to get rid of the ants in the kitchen.

When I said "Before the School Festival", I mean literally the day before. EG before she's prepared and ready to grab Ichika. An agent or Agents try to stop and fail miserably. The problem is exactly how they come across and encounter her without it being deus ex machina contrived luck.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 03:30   Link #48432
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... In that case, you probably can't pull it off without resorting to it since we have absolutely no idea what she was doing prior.

Ugh, I'm trying to hurry and finish this revision as well... Expanding some scenes as Zero requested, mainly the end, the fight with Rin, and the scene of Rin with both Ichikas in her room.

Oh yeah, does Icchan do the whole 'massage' deal too? Or does she have another special 'talent'? Just thinking of a 'special chapter' to have the family take Chifuyu's birthday off and the younger two decide to pamper Oneechan a bit. Nothing to much - it's mostly for the feels. ... mostly.
Old 2013-11-16, 03:44   Link #48433
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Acupunture?

Hmm... I wonder what kind of wine would suit Chifuyu?
Old 2013-11-16, 03:48   Link #48434
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Icchan and massage huh? Give and take.

Initially, Ikkun is the one getting it after got his body battered down from Chifuyu's training (I need to write the montage, when I can). After he recovered, he offer to do it for her as repayment.

Chifuyu got herself drunk trying to forget the scene (two of them actually)
Old 2013-11-16, 04:10   Link #48435
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Have been thinking: Outside of the fact that Ichika and Chifuyu is perfect together, are there any reason why this pairing has been attracting lots of attention these days? The anime?
Old 2013-11-16, 04:12   Link #48436
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Perfect together in what way?

In theory, they might be nice and hot. And the fans wanted their waifu hot AND badass. Even I can admit that.

In practice, their relationship is self destructive.
Old 2013-11-16, 04:12   Link #48437
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Finally! Done with those edits! I'll have to read through the entire thing tomorrow to make sure I didn't mess things up too much. Next chapter of Mirrorverse should be up by Monday-ish.

...and...oh my... It was that good eh... An outline of it will be alright. I can infer all the visual imagery needed to flesh it out. XD

Soooo~ Chifuyu thinks they are giving each other happy end massages... LOL Oh wait until it is your turn, my dear oneesan... *cackle cackle*

I was thinking about it since Icchan is very conscious of the fact that she doesn't have a 'girly appearance' but she still cooks and cleans so she wanted something else that she could do that would be identifiable as being 'girly'. I almost thought of Yoga and Pilates but... >.>

Yeah, 'no go' on that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Have been thinking: Outside of the fact that Ichika and Chifuyu is perfect together, are there any reason why this pairing has been attracting lots of attention these days? The anime?

Don't think too much on it. It's the 'wincest' element. It's like eating sweets. Everyone knows that they are bad for you but people eat it anyway. As much as I go on about them, Ichika will never be a real man as long as he's under Chifuyu (he doesn't need to be as long as she's there), and Chifuyu won't stop protecting him as long as he's not strong enough to do so himself. She has conflicting interests in that she wants him to grow and leave, but at the same time, she doesn't want him to leave her alone since they are the only family they've got. And thanks to the Japanese stereotype of misinterpreting everything the opposite sex throws at you, they are seen as a couple rather than a team.
Old 2013-11-16, 04:30   Link #48438
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

She is just too possessive and paranoid. Heck, I might even imagine a scenario of her gravely injured and made Ichika married Houki before she died, in fear of no one would protect him.

Actually, that is not a bad idea!

Hey, having this weird idea of Stockholm Syndrome: Basically one of Ichika's kidnapper changed his mind and saved him, then ran away.

Posibility of a crossover with Harvest Moon? I always dream to write about a farmer, just like my father does.
Old 2013-11-16, 04:32   Link #48439
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The new chapter is excellent

The scene with bullet dancing is exceedingly funnier, my sister is rolling on the floor laughing. The match with Lingyin is incredibly intense too.

And the scene with Lingyin is both fun and sweet, this is the best chapter as of yet. Thank you very much, sir!
Old 2013-11-16, 04:59   Link #48440
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I found some stuff with it so I'll go back over it tomorrow and update the DOCS with the newer version.

Anything else you think should be added?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest