AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-30, 17:57   Link #41
Freakman

To answer Guido's remark in a less... fiery way than Vallen.
Fate/Stay Night is not Lain.
It is an epic adventure so compelling that the game can keep you up reading for hours and hours, making you die wanting to know what happens next.
The albeit seemingly commonplace setting is actually pretty fitting.
Fate/Stay Night focuses a lot on the Servant's and Master's ambitions, longings, dreams, and ideals. Most of it deals with the definition of a "hero fighting for justice".
The War for the Holy Grail is but a means to an end. A setting for the writer to develop his ideas on the themes he wanted to write about.
Or at least that's what I got from the game.
Old 2005-12-30, 22:19   Link #42
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
If you don't know who Saber is, I certainly don't want to tell you. I offered enough clues as it is. Just read this post and the post I made above to figure it out...
Haha, Saber's probably the hardest one out of all the Heroic spirits to guess though, for obvious reasons. Though I agree with not telling, figuring out who they are is a good deal of the fun.

And since it's a little more than a week until the air date... Predictions...!

Spoiler for For large image/predictions!:
Old 2005-12-30, 22:22   Link #43
Sakuya
*Artist

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-31, 00:59   Link #44
MeganeShounen
Huh?

*Looks at picture two posts back*

"An(a)ta, watashi no master ka?"
Or something in those lines.

I'm betting that they'll show even more of those fantasy, not-in-the-game matchups like that of Rider VS Assassin... perhaps an all-out Servant battle royale just like in the 3rd scenario...
Old 2005-12-31, 01:07   Link #45
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Yeah, I agree as well as keeping the secret of who Saber is. Even I myself predicted wrong before I bought the game two years ago. I was surely surprised when I found out that she was
Spoiler:

Either way, I am looking foward to some tsundere and zettai-ryouiki goodness from Rin!!
Old 2005-12-31, 03:39   Link #46
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

What I heard on Beast's Lair is that a bunch of people on 2ch and a staff member have specifically said that the anime will be running for a half-year, which would be about 26 episodes, so what I'm thinking is that it'll either be 26 eps, or two seasons of 13 eps each, which also corresponds to what someone else, IIRC, on Beast's Lair was told by a co-worker who got fired afterwards for revealing that secret, or something like that.
Old 2005-12-31, 06:24   Link #47
Alpha123

Here's a fansite that has some descriptions/background info on the Fate/Stay Night game. Since I'm guessing that the anime is going to follow in the games footsteps somehow, this site could contain some big spoilers that may be included in the anime, tread the site with caution.

Old 2005-12-31, 07:44   Link #48
Ialdaboth

26 episode ? I though F/SN was going to be only 13 episodes long (even Tsukihime had only 13 episodes or so, after all), but 26 would be gread indeed.

Instead of worring that there won't be enough space to fit most bits of the story, we will just have to worry that there won't be any filler or that the quality won't drop dramastically mid-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha123
this site could contain some big spoilers that may be included in the anime
Most people will guess Saber identity when seeing her noble phantasms anyway.

Archer can be waaaayyyyy more tricky

Last edited by Ialdaboth; 2005-12-31 at 08:01.
Old 2005-12-31, 11:19   Link #49
CelestialShadow

13 is a little tricky but 26 might lead to a few fillers instead.

Meh, all of the servants' identity are hard to guess straight on anyway, except for Rider, maybe.
Old 2005-12-31, 11:54   Link #50
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I'm guessing that the anime is going to follow in the games footsteps somehow
I'm still trying to guess which route they'll follow (It'll probably be a mix).

I don't see Gil-sama in the cast (unless they're keeping him unannounced), so it'd be hard to have a Fate or Unlimited Blade Works ending... Heaven's Feel might work though, since he didn't get much appearance before Sakura ___ him up. ^^;
Old 2005-12-31, 16:43   Link #51
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Most people will guess Saber identity when seeing her noble phantasms anyway.

Archer can be waaaayyyyy more tricky
Oh yeah. Saber's identity isn't all that big but Archer's true identity....
Old 2005-12-31, 18:28   Link #52
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron
agree with most but lamune is a good 12-14 ep series? the whole series blew, sorry. the game itself may have been alright but the anime was bad. and there are some decent 12-14 ep animes out there as much as there are lots that failed.
Just cause it doesn't have action or 2-infinity girls going after the same guy or a world crisis happening, doesn't mean it's bad. It's just too slow for a lot of anime fans who are too used to all the more fast-paced/high-humor/mind-warp anim that are out these days. So yeah it's good, in it's own right.

Yes, 26 episodes would be far batter. 12-14 episodes only wrks well for a series that has 1 or 2 things going on at the most and when it only has a few main characters.
Old 2006-01-01, 03:32   Link #53
Alpha123

If anyone is interested, here are some subbed animations for the Fate/Stay game opening. I found them to be really good and heck one of these could even be used as the intro for the anime, or at least the song might be.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-01, 16:44   Link #54
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
If anyone is interested, here are some subbed animations for the Fate/Stay game opening. I found them to be really good and heck one of these could even be used as the intro for the anime, or at least the song might be.
I think both "This Illusion" and "days" are great songs, they should work well as the OP and ED.

Speaking of "days", am I the only one who thought "this song would be like, so perfect as a theme song for Kara no Kyoukai" when hearing it for the first time?
Old 2006-01-02, 04:33   Link #55
Black_Sharingan

I thought the songs are a bit .... weird. Am I the only one who hopes that they'll come up with a new OP?
Old 2006-01-02, 05:08   Link #56
Rosef

Fansub Fate/Stay Night

Hi Im new here so im not so good in both in english, and whats happening here

Itīs someone gonna subb Fate/Stay Night anime??

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-02 at 05:15. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-01-02, 05:17   Link #57
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosef
Hi Im new here so im not so good in both in english, and whats happening here

It´s someone gonna subb Fate/Stay Night anime??
Rejoice with the knowlege that since Fate/stay Night has already been licensed, you will be able to buy shiny DVDs of this show commerically subbed by Geneon.

This means that it will (hopefully) not be fansubbed. yay! All praise licensed anime.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-02, 05:28   Link #58
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Rejoice with the knowlege that since Fate/stay Night has already been licensed, you will be able to buy shiny DVDs of this show commerically subbed by Geneon.
Yeah, it'll be here after five years. Geneon still has yet to start releasing Erementar Gerad, and after that they have Shakugan no Shana.
Old 2006-01-02, 06:35   Link #59
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

* NoSanninWa loves irony.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-02, 13:53   Link #60
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Yeah, it'll be here after five years. Geneon still has yet to start releasing Erementar Gerad, and after that they have Shakugan no Shana.
Don't forget about Ergo Proxy! Besides, Shakugan no Shana is now a 52 episode series. Don't hold your breath for that one!

I want an English equivalent of Curtain Raiser! Geneon, no being stingy with the extras!