AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-13, 04:21   Link #1
deltara

One Piece Chapter 479 spoilers

Super early spoilers

Odz is thrown in the ocean by Luffy.
Purification takes place in Odz.
As Moria tries to run way he is beat down.
All the 100 shadows of Luffy leave.
Thriller bank says adios being it has fallen and
Luffy faints.

There's also a pic as well circulating but not attached.
Old 2007-11-13, 04:46   Link #2
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltara View Post
Super early spoilers

Odz is thrown in the ocean by Luffy.
Purification takes place in Odz.
As Moria tries to run way he is beat down.
All the 100 shadows of Luffy leave.
Thriller bank says adios being it has fallen and
Luffy faints.

There's also a pic as well circulating but not attached.
Moria gets owned while trying to run away again -.- pretty shocking ending, I was so sure that Moria has some tricks left.One less shichi on list, world goverment's gonna get mad
by the way if were having one less shichibukai and balance goes off again, Id really want shanks to kill whitebeard, that should equal the sides..rather than having another replacement

edit :

only picture available right now, you can clearly see fallen Oz and shadows leaving Luffy

Last edited by shankss; 2007-11-13 at 05:01.
Old 2007-11-13, 09:01   Link #3
Fyria

This spoiler is legit?

Well I kinda hope so because fight, even excellent and awesomely executed is getting bit too long, and atleast getting rid of Oz will be good progress.
Old 2007-11-13, 13:04   Link #4
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
this spoiler can't be true..

this fight ending so fast, kinda hard to believe...
so until i read the chapter i won't believe this spoiler
Old 2007-11-13, 17:31   Link #5
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
this spoiler can't be true..

this fight ending so fast, kinda hard to believe...
so until i read the chapter i won't believe this spoiler
I agree. There's no way Moria goes down so fast.
Old 2007-11-13, 18:14   Link #6
Master Mold
Banned

.............................Slayer X..........................Im Sorry.........you were right.
Old 2007-11-14, 01:55   Link #7
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
.............................Slayer X..........................Im Sorry.........you were right.
eh... not sure if i'd go that far... i mean, yes if it's true, moria didn't stand a chance against nightmare Luffy, but as for normal luffy... well... Moria got pwn'd by nightmare luffy before he could fight normal luffy, so it all goes rather unconfirmed.

and frankly, considering the rather anticlimatic end, i can't help but think Kuma would pop in a save Moria's butt, which opens up the chance for a rematch; esepcially when they never had a mono-a-mono fight.
Old 2007-11-14, 03:39   Link #8
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Lol I would love for this to happen. The arcs starting to drag a little and the character of Moria has just got to go.
Old 2007-11-14, 10:04   Link #9
naruto89

there's new pic's, well what to say!!!!

there's a luffy hitting OZ with Gattling Gun

there's luffy using his katana

there's luffy actually striking moria while he's still in Oz's body totally bypassing Oz

Too ridicuosly Awesome !!!!
Old 2007-11-14, 11:30   Link #10
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
there's new pic's, well what to say!!!!
A the new pics reveal some errors that might be in the summary we got. one pic looks like it's from the last page, but it seems like Oz is still on land isn't in the sea... however, Oz and Moria are indeed KO'd and Luffy is fast asleep... will the fight continue? or will Kuma decide it's time to take an unconisous Moria and make a tactical reatreat? seems we need to wait to see Moria's final fate.

Also, got to wonder if Oz was indeed pruified or not... if he wasn't, Luffy's got about 10 minutes before sunrise to get his shadow back.

this chapter does indeed ti will be a very action packed one though... sounds like it's gonna be a one sided thrashing... and it does put a smile on my face to see Moria take a big ol' nightmare gum gum pistol straight to the face.
Old 2007-11-14, 14:48   Link #11
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Luffy also used that sword against Odz, to cut him from the middle. I wonder if we will get a comment of that cut from other characters.

But, Moria losing in just a few pages (or maybe within a single page) is a disappointment. With Luffy sleeping, I don't see a reason for the fight to continue. So, I guess, unless he was thrown to the ocean with that hit, and become completely unconscious he may still be saved.
Old 2007-11-14, 17:58   Link #12
ellifeedn
Thinker

So the battle's over? I suppose they need the time to convince/threaten Moria to return all the shadows to their owners.
Old 2007-11-14, 22:58   Link #13
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
This chapter fails and so does this entire arc.
Moria (a SHICHIBUKAI) got pwned WHILE running away!
Odz was dragged out forever just to get pwned in the process!
This is all bad writing!

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2007-11-15 at 00:16.
Old 2007-11-15, 01:51   Link #14
airsBlue

still there is something wrong going one,
this chapter can't end like this ... did u forget what Moria said even if the shadow won't return to their own bodies unless he said something or ordered them to return .. even if he was killed the shadow won't return on their own...

so this chapter still didn't end, Robin, Zoro, and Sanji, didn't get their shadows back... also their is the pirates of the victims network.
Old 2007-11-15, 15:10   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
This is all bad writing!
I wouldn't say this entire arc fails, but if this ending is as it seems then I would say it ain't the best. I've enjoyed some points of this arc but I've been waiting and still am for Merman Island arc, can't wait

few points I've enjoyed about this arc are Sanji going all Super Saiyan when Nami got kidnapped, Franky at bridge building, Usopp at playing the hero and of course Brooke odd for me to pick out a few points of enjoyment for this arc, when times I'm hard pushed to pick out a even 2 points for a whole anime series but then again OP is just too awesome

For Moria he seems like one of them ppl thats relied on his DF ability too much and was never really one for a good old punch out, that could explain him running away.

I do believe that the shadows do return to there owner if there purified by salt but for those that aren't I do think it needs Moria's word for them to return. But as always with anime and manga, lots of things are always left up in the air, so gotta wait and see
Old 2007-11-15, 17:09   Link #16
Slayerx

Quote:
This is all bad writing!
So Moria doesn't meet your expectations and you immediatly call it bad writing and that the entire arc fails, even before the chapter hasn't yet to be released

the writing seems rather sound to me.
I mean, a few things about Moria is that he has a motto of relying on others to do his work for him. His shadow powers allow him to create minions who, even if they are more powerful than himself, will be 100% loyal to him. When it comes down to it, Moria sounds like he was always painted as a "mob boss" kind of villian, a villian who for the most part sits back and let strong minions do his work and is feared because he has such strong minions at his beck and call; as opposed to other villians who are feared purely because they themsleves are powerful and all of their minions work under them beceause they are weaker. Mob Boss villians can be considered just as threatening as powerhouse villians; they have the same amount of power overall, but the power takes on different forms; a powerhouse villian has a lot of personal power, where as the mob boss has much power in the form minions in addition to his own... hence how Moria can be a shichibukai, and yet not nessasarily as personally powerful as other Schihibukai

This is why Moria created Oz. Oz wasn't gonna be some minion weaker then himself that would do the fighting that he himself thought was beneath him. Oz was created to fight the fight's that Moria himself could not handle on his own. When Oz is supported by Moria's shadow powers, Oz becomes a monster that is much stronger than Moria himself is. Where as a villian like Mihawk has his sword, Moria has Oz.

and when it comes to Moria running away, it sounds like it was only natural for that situation... i mean, Moria wasn't running away from Luffy, but was running from Nightmare Luffy. Nightmare Luffy, just tore apart Oz, a monster who, while supported by Moria was much stronger than Moria on his own... of course Moria's gonna run away, if him and Oz combined can't beat Nightmare Luffy then what chance does he have of doing it solo? When the mob boss's strongest minion has been easily beaten, then it is time for the mob boss to make a tactical retreat. you might have a point if Moria was running from Luffy, but not nightmare Luffy...

As for the fight between Oz and Luffy being short... when it comes down to it, was there really anything left for Oz to show... i mean, Moria might have a thing or two left to show us, but i think Oz pretty much showed everything he was while fighting the strawhats. A long fight between him and Luffy would have been just them smacking eachother with Oz not showing us anything we didn't already see while he faught the strawhats. Nightmare Luffy was the only one with some potential to show us something new... was probably better to just let Oz get beaten quickly rather than drag things out...

Now Moria alone vs normal Luffy... now that's something that might have been worth seeing as Moria might have still had a thing or two to show us... but it doesn't sound worth crying foul over... especially since the arc hasn't offically reached its end, and as such Moria has not aswell... really, Moria maybe KO'd, but it wouldn't be the first time a character revived before then end of the arc (hell all the strawhats were KO'd after the first Oz fight and they all came back swinging)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
still there is something wrong going one,
this chapter can't end like this ... did u forget what Moria said even if the shadow won't return to their own bodies unless he said something or ordered them to return .. even if he was killed the shadow won't return on their own...

so this chapter still didn't end, Robin, Zoro, and Sanji, didn't get their shadows back... also their is the pirates of the victims network.
Very true, the chapter summary so far doesn't resolve the shadow issue...
One possibly i can see is as dawn approaches thriller bark begins to sink, all of the strawhats are dragged on board Sunny by those pirates, and then, when thiller bark sinks, the zombies sink into the water with the island and thus mass purification... all of this occuring seconds before sunrise... i mean, thiller bark is an enemy ship, and you jsut know an enemy ship that massive is bound to end up sinking in the end

really so far, it seems like the only way all the zombies would be purified... i mean, the only other way is if Moria gave the order, but Moria does not seem like a man who would be true to his word, as he would rather wait for dawn to kill his enemies than to release the shadows right before dawn... he may run away from nightmare luffy, but i do give him enough creidt to not resort to giving his enemies what they want when he's beaten and they threaten to hurt him more.

Also, i think Robin will get her shadow back right away... unlike Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji, her shadow was not placed inside a Zombie... as such, when Moria let's go of her shadow, it will try to return to her
Old 2007-11-15, 18:26   Link #17
airsBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One possibly i can see is as dawn approaches thriller bark begins to sink, all of the strawhats are dragged on board Sunny by those pirates, and then, when thiller bark sinks, the zombies sink into the water with the island and thus mass purification... all of this occuring seconds before sunrise... i mean, thiller bark is an enemy ship, and you jsut know an enemy ship that massive is bound to end up sinking in the end

really so far, it seems like the only way all the zombies would be purified... i mean, the only other way is if Moria gave the order, but Moria does not seem like a man who would be true to his word, as he would rather wait for dawn to kill his enemies than to release the shadows right before dawn... he may run away from nightmare luffy, but i do give him enough creidt to not resort to giving his enemies what they want when he's beaten and they threaten to hurt him more.

Also, i think Robin will get her shadow back right away... unlike Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji, her shadow was not placed inside a Zombie... as such, when Moria let's go of her shadow, it will try to return to her
actually it is a good idea, sinking moria ships to the seas is the only way to return all the shadows, other than waiting for moria to gave his order..
also i was wandering about this moria order thing...
can moria control this order thing... i mean can he control what shadow to return and what not.. also if said to shadow to return to their own bodies.. would all the shadows return to their own bodies even if they are far away from moria and didn't hear him said that or they must hear it to return.. anyway their is still a lot of Moria's powers that we didn't see yet.. i can't believe that these are his powers only...
Old 2007-11-15, 23:05   Link #18
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
So Moria doesn't meet your expectations and you immediatly call it bad writing and that the entire arc fails, even before the chapter hasn't yet to be released
I think we can consider the current spoilers as disappointing. Nightmare Luffy seems to fight for only 1.5 chapters long, and Moria is down after one chapter of fight. But, I think, this is still not the end. Luffy also went down a few times against Crocodile before finishing him for good. So, it would be better if this represents just an introductory confrontation between Strawhats and Moria. So, I hope Moria gets up to have a better fight against Luffy. Though, on the extreme, someone like him might be considered as a good bad-character candidate for the Strawhats. He is a unique character after all, with a unique goal, who doesn't mind relying on others...

Quote:
I think, based on initial spoilers, we can consider the possibility that the time limit hasn't been reached yet. Did the shadows leave Luffy because the time has expired, or is it because Luffy fell unconscious before the time limit has expired and automatically lead to shadows leaving his body?

Anyway, during the course of the fight, thanks to the damage Odz had given and Luffy's attacks on Odz, maybe the zombies that carry our characters' shadows (I think, only Sanji and Zoro are without their shadows right now, I am not sure about Robin) has already lost the game and return the shadows to their owners. Since we didn't see what happened during the fight, maybe, it has already happened.
Old 2007-11-16, 00:20   Link #19
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:

the writing seems rather sound to me.
I mean, a few things about Moria is that he has a motto of relying on others to do his work for him. His shadow powers allow him to create minions who, even if they are more powerful than himself, will be 100% loyal to him. When it comes down to it, Moria sounds like he was always painted as a "mob boss" kind of villian, a villian who for the most part sits back and let strong minions do his work and is feared because he has such strong minions at his beck and call; as opposed to other villians who are feared purely because they themsleves are powerful and all of their minions work under them beceause they are weaker. Mob Boss villians can be considered just as threatening as powerhouse villians; they have the same amount of power overall, but the power takes on different forms; a powerhouse villian has a lot of personal power, where as the mob boss has much power in the form minions in addition to his own... hence how Moria can be a shichibukai, and yet not nessasarily as personally powerful as other Schihibukai
NO. The entire arc was a waste, The dragged out Odz fights with the SH, Hogback, Moria etc. The only relevant highlights in this arc was Kuma (bringing us info about Blackbeard) and Ryuma (Zoro getting a new sword). Everything else that happened in TB was a waste.

Now Moria a Shichibukai got his *** kicked while running away after Odz is defeated? That's crap, So your telling me Moria got a 320 million dollar bounty for sitting in Giants stomach's his whole career? Having no power of his own? Let's not mention the fact how Nightmare Luffy just WTF pwned Odz and boom there you have it..The end of TB. Hell it was a waste for the SH to even try to beat Odz for freakin umpteen chapters because it was only a STALL for Luffy to come with a power-up to save the day. Bad writing.
Old 2007-11-16, 00:57   Link #20
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
So your telling me Moria got a 320 million dollar bounty for sitting in Giants stomach's his whole career? Having no power of his own?
I am not going to discuss the case with Luffy, as I am also disappointed with that quick loss, but, Moria showed enough strength against the other Strawhats. He wasted all the characters other than Luffy. And Luffy fought against him using the shadows of others, which, probably, allowed him a gear 3 strength (plus maybe more intelligence) without getting wasted under its stress...

You can argue that Moria used Odz, but, it was still his strength. Odz wouldn't have beaten the Strawhats alone, it was Moria who made sure the others would get beaten. His mistake was to rely on the strength of Odz alone. And, the shadows that was used by Luffy was also his mistake. In that aspect, it is similar to the fight between Crocodile and Luffy. Moria, with his mistakes, made sure Luffy would gain enough strength to win against him.
Closed Thread