Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-01-01, 17:39   Link #21
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
I'd ally with the blind priest.
Why based on my Religion which does accept evolution and talks about loveing one another, i think it would be best to keep away from the Hate groups
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 17:55   Link #22
ForceFreedom

ZAFT owns the EA in pretty much every technological aspect; and they're pretty much the nice guys. I mean, if they really wanted to, they could've just equipped NJC's on nukes and blown Earth to bits as soon as they declared war...but then we wouldn't have had Gundam Seed.
ForceFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 18:19   Link #23
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFreedom
ZAFT owns the EA in pretty much every technological aspect
Oh, THAT is why the EA were the first to use beam weapons, phase-shift armor and trans-phase shift armor, not to mention mirage colloid or the lightwave shields on Artemis or Hyperion. Yes, I clearly see how a 76mm machine gun is far superior.

Quote:
and they're pretty much the nice guys. I mean, if they really wanted to, they could've just equipped NJC's on nukes and blown Earth to bits as soon as they declared war...but then we wouldn't have had Gundam Seed.
Yes, very nice guys, or did you just happen to not see the giant gamma-ray laser cannon at the end of SEED?

They equipped NJC's in powerful mobile suits (which featured stolen technologies) that were supposed to be used to blow the EA's fleet out of the sky.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 18:28   Link #24
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

You can't really say that either EA or ZAFT are good guys, they both want to wipe out the other side(Well maybe not ZAFT...yet...never know what Gilbert might have up his sleeve).

And on the tech discussion, that Zamaza--sasazasa-eh something looked pretty high-tech to me.
Can't blame EA for lacking good pilots*koff* main characters with "char armor"(Char? )*koff*.

It's the pilots that makes all the difference, they killed of Mwu and the Druggies.
And the new druggies seems to twidle their tumbs mostly.
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 19:29   Link #25
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Pimp
You can't really say that either EA or ZAFT are good guys, they both want to wipe out the other side(Well maybe not ZAFT...yet...never know what Gilbert might have up his sleeve).

And on the tech discussion, that Zamaza--sasazasa-eh something looked pretty high-tech to me.
Can't blame EA for lacking good pilots*koff* main characters with "char armor"(Char? )*koff*.

It's the pilots that makes all the difference, they killed of Mwu and the Druggies.
Nah, EA's got Ed the Ripper, and Morgan Chevalier. These guys could beat almost any coordinater, too bad they'll never show up in Destiny, except through proxy. Seemed like Shinn was channeling Ed in episode 12...nah that's just wishful thinking.

Quote:
Yes, nothing (well somethings...) wrong with ZAFT but I prefer their migthy "moby" mobile armor...

Stellar got a mini-skirt too so it's not a ZAFT only thing, have you noticed how many EA pilots who wear one of these: http://www.rock92.com/jpg/moustache.jpg
Standard issue maybe?
Well, yeah Stellar's got a mini skirt, guess I forgot about that...uh yeah.

Quote:

Well, no I suppose not, but it seems like ZAFT is being painted as, 'more good,' than EA. Some ZAFT soldiers seem to possess the abilty to think rationally, at least. But every EA soldier that's ever been featured, except for those involved with the Archangel, are all coordinater haters.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 19:37   Link #26
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Yes, very nice guys, or did you just happen to not see the giant gamma-ray laser cannon at the end of SEED?
actually that's not a giant gamma-ray laser cannon, but a giant gamma-ray laser spaceship propulsion system... it was not built as a cannon... just that it can be used to blow things into oblivion (like, you don't build cars to kill people, but you sure as hell can run over people with it )
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 19:51   Link #27
Esper 28
Akira

Rax, you forgot about Stellar's mini-skirt 'cause in comparison to Luna-chan, she's a blonde psychotic bimbo who lets random guys grope her on the street. Beside, I'm in the same boat as you. I had no idea what kinda uniform Stellar wears.

Lunamaria owns Stellar.

Ah, man, I can see later in the series when Luna-chan and Stellar start dukin' it out hardcore. People will have to take their respective sides. Do you cheer for the dog mech broad or the classic red ZAKU? Gee, what a difficult choice.

But, uh, yeah...so I'm not off topic. ZAFT has cooler female characters than EA. That's why I like'em...I'm even thinking back to the first series and I can't think of anyone who was EA (and stayed EA the entire series) that was cool. I can name lots of people who were EA and defected to Three Ship Alliance.

Okay, at the end of the series Natarle Badgiruel saved herself and was kinda cool but one person certainly doesn't hold enough weight to make it the champion of this bout.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 20:05   Link #28
Dark Crusader

Actually in the technology department Orb is far superior to both Zaft and EA. Which is why both sides are always after them for an alliance. The only things they didn't create are the phase shift armor and the artimus shields.

Yes I know Morganrate created the original GAT-x's but morganrate is actually an ORB government contracter.

I'm starting to wonder if EA might end up the good guys this time.
Dark Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 20:07   Link #29
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Rax, you forgot about Stellar's mini-skirt 'cause in comparison to Luna-chan, she's a blonde psychotic bimbo who lets random guys grope her on the street. Beside, I'm in the same boat as you. I had no idea what kinda uniform Stellar wears.

Lunamaria owns Stellar.

Ah, man, I can see later in the series when Luna-chan and Stellar start dukin' it out hardcore. People will have to take their respective sides. Do you cheer for the dog mech broad or the classic red ZAKU? Gee, what a difficult choice.

But, uh, yeah...so I'm not off topic. ZAFT has cooler female characters than EA. That's why I like'em...I'm even thinking back to the first series and I can't think of anyone who was EA (and stayed EA the entire series) that was cool. I can name lots of people who were EA and defected to Three Ship Alliance.

Okay, at the end of the series Natarle Badgiruel saved herself and was kinda cool but one person certainly doesn't hold enough weight to make it the champion of this bout.

Yeah, I went back and watched episode 7, and I'm thinking I just forgot, because Stellar has the fugliest custom uniform, and boots ever.

Yeah, Natarle was the only EA officer to not be crazy, and I highly suspect EA's evilness, has something to do witht he fact that Destiny was supposed to be inspired by current events.

Anyways, I thought of a better reason to like ZAFT: EA's massive nuclear arsenal, and apparently nuclear powered Windams, are clear violations of the treaty they signed with ZAFT. The fact they had them ready to go, indicates that EA pretty much broke the treaty the second they signed it.

At this point, ZAFT has shown that anything new that they've built conforms to the treaty.

So yeah, go Luna-chan! I'm waiting for you to bag the ho-bag.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 20:30   Link #30
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28

Lunamaria owns Stellar.

yup, I agree, Lunamaria is so much better than Stellar so far IMO... however in the Newtype character popularity poll Stellar got to no.2, above Cagalli and Lunamaria... really can't understand

I guess overall ZAFT has the technological upperhand... else there's no way a 30 million people side can fight a war against a side with billions of people...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 20:41   Link #31
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

i'm glad to see ppl cheering for luna , and that "stellar is hot" thread finly died

i think u all know which side i'm on now..
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 21:14   Link #32
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
actually that's not a giant gamma-ray laser cannon, but a giant gamma-ray laser spaceship propulsion system... it was not built as a cannon... just that it can be used to blow things into oblivion (like, you don't build cars to kill people, but you sure as hell can run over people with it )
Yeah, I read it in Destiny Astray but the one featured in the end of SEED is pretty much a giant cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Crusader
Actually in the technology department Orb is far superior to both Zaft and EA. Which is why both sides are always after them for an alliance. The only things they didn't create are the phase shift armor and the artimus shields.
It's not that Orb is technologically superior, they just have a wide-range of technological expertise.

Quote:
Yes I know Morganrate created the original GAT-x's but morganrate is actually an ORB government contracter.
But they only built them and helped with the OS, almost all of the hardware in the five first GAT-X machines is exclusively from Atlantic Alliance-aligned corporations like Azrael's.
Old 2005-01-01, 21:51   Link #33
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Crusader

I'm starting to wonder if EA might end up the good guys this time.
Morgenroete didn't create the GAT-X machines, the Atlantic Federation did. Morgenroete provided the facilities in which the suits could be constructed. Morgenroete did make the Archangel though based on its Izumo-class ships.

The thing that most people overlook is that if Morgenroete had creted the designs of the GAT-X machines why did they need to work with the Atlantic Federation? Why were the Astray units secret from even the Atlantic Federation? Why didn't the Astray prototypes use Phase Shift armor? It is stated that the Astray prototypes were constructed using data gathered from the Alliance's G Weapons, if Morgenroete designed the GAT-X machines, why were they having to take data to build their own units in secret?

Morgenroete did not design the GAT-X machines they merely assisted Atlantic Federation personnel during the construction/OS development. Furthermore, despite Kira's criticism, the natural type OS was more or less complete; it just wasn't very good for the average Natural. Lowe Guele managed to use it pretty effectively though.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 23:54   Link #34
roguenoir
Rogue Member

I guess they're both equal.. both have their bad apples.

Though I favor EA slightly mostly due to them being introduced as the "victims" in the first series and Coordinators having a genetic advantage.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 01:17   Link #35
blueskies

orb is powerful because condinator and naturals worked together as one

to create advance tech.. if orb joined ea , then zaft will most likely be the most advance , that's why they are trying to be neutral on d.n nomal seed

i will support zaft , i hate being a natural anyway
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 01:27   Link #36
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

Watever team kira is in >_>...

I dont want to be on the recieving side of Meteor + Freedom combo.
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 01:39   Link #37
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

definitely support zaft or rather plant or orb since they believe in coordinators which are the next step in evolution, better humans
EA is jsut jealous they do not have the super abilities

oh and the want to destroy the other side completely is not wrong since if you look at it properly even if it is not humane, it might just get rid of the hostilities forever which would be a good thing and may even eventually save more lives than killed in the action
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 02:15   Link #38
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka??
definitely support zaft or rather plant or orb since they believe in coordinators which are the next step in evolution, better humans
EA is jsut jealous they do not have the super abilities
It's not evolution, it's forced improvement by the use of science since it cannot happen naturally. Also, didn't the Astray mangas state that Newtypes were the next step in evolution and Coordinators where there to bridge the gap between Newtypes and Naturals?

Also, many Coordinators are arrogant due to their improved abilities and believe that Naturals are lesser humans.

Quote:
oh and the want to destroy the other side completely is not wrong since if you look at it properly even if it is not humane, it might just get rid of the hostilities forever which would be a good thing and may even eventually save more lives than killed in the action
The end justifies the means? You're talking about genocide here. I guess Hitler had the right idea, there would be no racial strife if there's only one race after all. Who cares about understanding when you can simply wipe people out? Woot, genocide! Buckle up and load your Zyklon B!

I'd wager that there are a few billion naturals versus at the most a few hundred million coordinators. By your logic it would be better to eradicate the coordinators since that would spare the most lives.
Old 2005-01-02, 05:24   Link #39
blueskies

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
It's not evolution, it's forced improvement by the use of science since it cannot happen naturally. Also, didn't the Astray mangas state that Newtypes were the next step in evolution and Coordinators where there to bridge the gap between Newtypes and Naturals?

Also, many Coordinators are arrogant due to their improved abilities and believe that Naturals are lesser humans.

The end justifies the means? You're talking about genocide here. I guess Hitler had the right idea, there would be no racial strife if there's only one race after all. Who cares about understanding when you can simply wipe people out? Woot, genocide! Buckle up and load your Zyklon B!

I'd wager that there are a few billion naturals versus at the most a few hundred million coordinators. By your logic it would be better to eradicate the coordinators since that would spare the most lives.

"
It's not evolution, it's forced improvement by the use of science since it cannot happen naturally. Also, didn't the Astray mangas state that Newtypes were the next step in evolution and Coordinators where there to bridge the gap between Newtypes and Naturals?"

i agree it's not evolution , but it's the closest to evolution , how many newtype are there in the world , it might be 1/7000000 or something since most of us
cant evolve , the only way for our child to be better is to take on the coordinator's way . why dont want to be better , since a lot of them think this way , coordinator can be said , the future of the world. and if a lot of people turn to become coordinator it will be called evolution of men , althought not natural but it's can be said as the next step/only way to evolve .because god doesnt allow a lot of people to be newtype this is the only way to force our self to become better

sad truth my friend

"
Also, many Coordinators are arrogant due to their improved abilities and believe that Naturals are lesser humans."

if many of them cant stand , then why some of the willingly to work in orb?with naturals , if i were one of the coordinator i would say because i was originally a natural but since my parent want me to be better i turned into a coordinator , and sorry only a few number of them belive that natural are lesser humans
if not , naturals would be wipe out by now.

hate wasnt created in the womb , in this case i think the natural started it first
before the coordinators are born even in the womb they are already being judged ... so they got to hide , if you hate a baby means you are willing to kill it

if natural would to accept coordinators , there will be peace between natural and coordinators not like now

if you think i am talking shit , then why did the natural forced coordinators to live in space? if you think that coordinators are wrong in the first place , then you should headshot yourself and ask the scientist why they wanan make coordinators the first place

Human >created coordinators-Was hated by human

"I'd wager that there are a few billion naturals versus at the most a few hundred million coordinators. By your logic it would be better to eradicate the coordinators since that would spare the most lives."

coordinators and naturals should have the right to live , why do you hate peace/freedom so much
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 05:43   Link #40
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Actually, its quite simple, Naturals resent Coordinators, and when the resentment gets big enough, you get violence. Then the Coordinators start resenting Naturals too. Then boom, big fight. War. Chaos.

Israel v.s Palestinians anyone?

Read the Gundam SEED timeline at Gundam Official site. It provides quite a detailed history of the Natural/Coordinator conflict and how the PLANTs became the home of the Coordinators.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote