AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-06-14, 19:46   Link #1041
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I wonder how many folks are going to call out DeShawn for this?

Link
That

Is

AWESOME!
Old 2011-06-15, 08:06   Link #1042
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
DeShawn said the heat are classless, he never said he WASN'T classless =P. It takes one to know one, in this case. Har har, I'd buy that shirt tho.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 12:36   Link #1043
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

As if that wasn't enough...

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=6664021

Quote:
Dallas Mavericks shooting guard DeShawn Stevenson was arrested for public intoxication in Irving, Texas, on Tuesday night, two days after the franchise won its first NBA championship.

Stevenson
Irving police were called to the Grand Venetian apartment complex at about 10:30 p.m. CT after receiving a call to report an intoxicated person walking in the area. Officers reported that Stevenson, who does not live at the complex, appeared intoxicated and did not know where he was.
He was arrested without incident on a Class C misdemeanor charge, based on the results of a sobriety test, an officer's observations and his statements.

"They felt he was a danger to himself and others," Irving public information officer John Argumaniz said. "Basically, he was intoxicated to a point where [police] didn't feel comfortable letting him walk away or leave. They didn't have any other options at that point."

Stevenson was released on $475 bond at 5:30 a.m. local time Wednesday.

The Mavericks said they were not aware of the incident and declined comment.

The arrest was first reported by NBC Dallas-Fort Worth.

Stevenson, who will be a free agent July 1, is a rugged role player praised by teammates and coaches for his professionalism after bouncing in and out of the starting lineup all season.

Stevenson started throughout the playoffs until coach Rick Carlisle opted to replace him with J.J. Barea in Game 4 of the NBA Finals.

Stevenson still played a key role in the series, averaging 7.0 points in 17.2 minutes while making 13-of-23 attempts from 3-point range and playing excellent defense on Miami superstars Dwyane Wade and LeBron James.

Stevenson drew attention during the Finals for making critical comments about James, with whom he has feuded since they battled in the Washington Wizards-Cleveland Cavaliers playoff series from 2006 to 2008. Stevenson called the Heat "classless" after the Mavericks clinched the title.
Old 2011-06-15, 12:45   Link #1044
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

What a clown...
Old 2011-06-15, 12:55   Link #1045
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
What a clown...
Agreed.

Does anyone else notice how after a team wins a Championship, at least one player always seems to be arrested for public intoxication only a day or two later?

EDIT: Anyone else remember this: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas..._admission_ap/?

Last edited by Tetra Vaal; 2011-06-15 at 13:36.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 04:02   Link #1046
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

not enough facepalm
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 22:50   Link #1047
Tetra Vaal
Banned

I can't believe that Brandon Knight fell all the way to 8 in tonight's draft, based on potential alone, the Pistons easily got the most value out of any NBA team in this year's draft. That's the type of luck that can begin to turn your franchise around.
Old 2011-06-24, 10:38   Link #1048
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
I can't believe that Brandon Knight fell all the way to 8 in tonight's draft, based on potential alone, the Pistons easily got the most value out of any NBA team in this year's draft. That's the type of luck that can begin to turn your franchise around.
I was more surprised that there were so many International players picked early. Had no idea who they were or how good they are.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 20:51   Link #1049
Elo the Blue

While I know nothing about Norris Cole, he's got a cool name and Pat Riley really likes him, so I'm looking forward to seeing him play. I'm sure Riley will make some additions via free agency(assuming there is one) but if Cole and Dexter Pittman can step up in the summer, it could be huge for the Heat.
Old 2011-06-27, 07:44   Link #1050
judasmartel
*Author

And what can you say about Jimmer Fredette going to the Kings? He's a fan favorite for a reason (he's the national scoring champion), and Utah is one of the teams who want him bad, but, oh well.

MJ's 'Cats are the Draft day's winner for me, since they've got a 1-5 combo in Kemba Walker and Bismack Biyombo, who reminds me of Serge Ibaka and Dikembe Mutombo. The Kings are a close second, followed by the Wizards.

Hope to see the Morris twins in the same team in the future, though. Preferably Philly.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 14:55   Link #1051
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Biyombo makes me nervous because he is what I dislike most about the NBA Draft, drafted early based on raw potential than productivity (he doesn't even have all that much overseas experience). But if he grows, he'll be a defensive monster. Kemba Walker, on the other hand, is a pick I loved. The guy is a competitor and a winner, if he improves his defense, I smell Rookie of the Year.

I don't mind that Jordan got rid of Stephen Jackson. He was a leader, but he had a tendency of jacking up unnecessary threes. I would have rather gotten rid of Diaw, though.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 19:18   Link #1052
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
And what can you say about Jimmer Fredette going to the Kings? He's a fan favorite for a reason (he's the national scoring champion), and Utah is one of the teams who want him bad, but, oh well.

MJ's 'Cats are the Draft day's winner for me, since they've got a 1-5 combo in Kemba Walker and Bismack Biyombo, who reminds me of Serge Ibaka and Dikembe Mutombo. The Kings are a close second, followed by the Wizards.

Hope to see the Morris twins in the same team in the future, though. Preferably Philly.
That was a very interesting pick. Outside of the Heat, I root for the Kings(mainly because of Tyreke) and with Jimmer, Thornton likely to return and the return of Salmons, they have some serious firepower on the perimeter.
Old 2011-06-30, 15:53   Link #1053
yeahitschris

Old 2011-06-30, 16:00   Link #1054
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Lockout begins tonight.
Old 2011-07-02, 23:08   Link #1055
judasmartel
*Author

Since there ain't any NBA right now, we can watch something like the one in my siggy during the wait.

EDIT: BTWs who are your top 3 PAs (the ones announcing who scored on a play in the background)?

Mine:

1. Celtics (RAAAAAAAY ALLLLEEEEEEEN!!! FOR THREEEEEEEE!!!)
2. Grizzlies (MAAAAAAAAAAAARC GASSSOOOLLLLLL!!!)
3. Heat (DWYAAAAAAAAAAAANE WAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!)

Special mentions: Hawks (LET'S GO HAWKS! DEFENSE!) and LeBron James-era Cavaliers (DEFENSE! LEBRROOOOOON, JAAAAAAAAAMMMMES!!!)

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-07-02 at 23:41.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:27   Link #1056
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
EDIT: BTWs who are your top 3 PAs (the ones announcing who scored on a play in the background)?
1) Michael Baiamonte: whenever Wade scores a bucket.
2) John Mason. back: whenever Billups hit a big shot
3) Ray Clay: Introducing Jordan
Old 2011-11-05, 21:39   Link #1057
Oblivion

So has there been any news on the lockout so far?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 08:08   Link #1058
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

seems like the lockout is over

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...rn=nba-wp11003

WE NBA NOW!

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 12:03   Link #1059
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

So pi$$ed, I wanted the whole season to be cancelled...Wake all these mofos up...If Minnesota gets a top 5 pick for like the 10th year in a row and can't get to the playoffs, this deal means NOTHING...
Old 2011-11-26, 12:39   Link #1060
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well...they finally regained their sanity.

Finally we get the b-ball back as of Christmas!