AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-25, 04:57   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Surprised they're showing Chizuru and Momoko in that wallpaper, because they don't appear straight away. Still that is a good sign.

Bah, i want to see what Hiroyuki and my favorite character Anna will look like in anime form.
Old 2010-11-25, 06:10   Link #82
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Surprised they're showing Chizuru and Momoko in that wallpaper, because they don't appear straight away. Still that is a good sign.

Bah, i want to see what Hiroyuki and my favorite character Anna will look like in anime form.
The PV is focused mostly in the middle school arc (with a lot of line and sequence from Romeo&Juliet in vol. 6) so my guess is they will start the story from the middle.

Both Yuki and lovely Anna are in the PV, watch carefully (and it's very strange that Anna is in a school uniform because I don't remember that in the manga...)
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 06:16   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
so my guess is they will start the story from the middle.
I hope not.

Quote:
Both Yuki and lovely Anna are in the PV, watch carefully (and it's very strange that Anna is in a school uniform because I don't remember that in the manga...)
Yeah i know we see them in the PV . Wanted them on a wallpaper, and yeah we see Anna in her school uniform a few times after school.
Old 2010-11-25, 06:42   Link #84
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
I hope not.
Well, volume 6 it's quite good to catch up previous event, maybe with flashback and such... but we need to be prepared with at least some changes: I hope this series will get at least 2 cur (so 23 episode at best) but even so there's no way to fit more than 6 volumes worth of material, and noitaminA is not (no more) sequel friendly.
Old 2010-11-25, 06:57   Link #85
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I hope that the anime will be scheduled for 11 episodes.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 06:59   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I hope that the anime will be scheduled for 11 episodes.
Why? More should be what we want to see, especially if you're a manga reader.
Old 2010-11-25, 09:26   Link #87
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Yeah i know we see them in the PV . Wanted them on a wallpaper, and yeah we see Anna in her school uniform a few times after school.
I checked out and you are right! I don't know how I could miss it!
I re-watched the trailer and I'm still surprised about Saeko Chiba's Sarashina (really weird but fitting). Curious about Yuka Nanri (Saori), it's been a while since I last heard her voice as a seiyuu...

Quote:
Why? More should be what we want to see, especially if you're a manga reader.
Well maybe he don't like the manga, or he's not confident about the anime (so the shorter the better). We Know Fractal will be 11 ep long, if we still don't know about HM length it's probably because is a longer series and the schedule is not ready yet (or so I hope).
Old 2010-11-25, 10:28   Link #88
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Well, volume 6 it's quite good to catch up previous event, maybe with flashback and such... but we need to be prepared with at least some changes: I hope this series will get at least 2 cur (so 23 episode at best) but even so there's no way to fit more than 6 volumes worth of material, and noitaminA is not (no more) sequel friendly.
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
Well, Sarashina was in the 2nd preview, so its understandable I guess.

Last edited by frubam; 2010-11-26 at 15:11.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 10:38   Link #89
Falkor

hmmm guys... I think this is stepping into spoiler territory. I suggest the manga thread to continue whatever speculation you may have.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 11:24   Link #90
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Vol 6!? That skips so much of the SaorinXShuu development, it would be horrible . I don't think the characterization between Saorin, Yoshino, and Shuu(which, to me, seemed to be one of the focal points during the first 5 vols/end of the 6th grade year) could be condensed into a flashback. Maybe(and that's a BIG maybe) condensed into the first 4 or 5 episodes(if its ~24 eps), but not a flashback.
There's a limit to the length and the number of flashback usable in Anime? I'd like this series stay in the range of the range of the first 6 volumes so my guess was for a non linear narration ala Ulysses, with previous material wrapped around a single event/period like a school festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
hmmm guys... I think this is stepping into spoiler territory. I suggest the manga thread to continue whatever speculation you may have.
It was just a short impression, as unspecific as possible and I'm not planning to be more specific (I'm just waiting for the series, or new materials now).
Old 2010-11-25, 12:26   Link #91
Falkor

well, speculating how the anime is going to be using your knowledge of the manga does not seem right to me, however unimportant and unspecific your posts may be. you may have not said much, but how can you be so sure that the next person posting would so mindful. I'm trying to be cautious here, so I'm voicing my opinion.

besides, you can easily carry whatever speculation and worries you may have on the manga thread. I'm not telling you to stop discussing, but to do so in a more appropriate place.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:22   Link #92
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Agreed. If you are making a post that only another manga reader could possibly hope to understand.. then what are you doing here?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 10:39   Link #93
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal View Post
well, speculating how the anime is going to be using your knowledge of the manga does not seem right to me, however unimportant and unspecific your posts may be. you may have not said much, but how can you be so sure that the next person posting would so mindful. I'm trying to be cautious here, so I'm voicing my opinion.

besides, you can easily carry whatever speculation and worries you may have on the manga thread. I'm not telling you to stop discussing, but to do so in a more appropriate place.
I actually tend to see this a lot though; as if there's a more lax spoiler policy when an adaptation has yet to be released. People post using their knowledge of the adaptation's source material to make assumptions of how things are going to turn out. Just check out the beginning of anime threads like those for YnS, OreImo, and Index. Now if the show was already airing, I could very much see your point, but if we don't use the source material's knowledge to some extent, then what can we say other than "it looks awesome, I can't wait!"? Why talk about the anime in the manga thread?

In any case, I'll keep this in mind. These days I try to keep from mentioning tidbits from the source, it's just that I misinterpreted what Woland said(;that s/he was saying to start the anime at vol 6, which would be ABSURD), so I reflexively replied to it =03.

Last edited by frubam; 2010-11-26 at 10:52.
Old 2010-11-26, 14:36   Link #94
Falkor

Quote:
I actually tend to see this a lot though; as if there's a more lax spoiler policy when an adaptation has yet to be released. People post using their knowledge of the adaptation's source material to make assumptions of how things are going to turn out. Just check out the beginning of anime threads like those for YnS, OreImo, and Index. Now if the show was already airing, I could very much see your point, but if we don't use the source material's knowledge to some extent, then what can we say other than "it looks awesome, I can't wait!"? Why talk about the anime in the manga thread?

In any case, I'll keep this in mind. These days I try to keep from mentioning tidbits from the source, it's just that I misinterpreted what Woland said(;that s/he was saying to start the anime at vol 6, which would be ABSURD), so I reflexively replied to it =03.
conversely, why talk about the manga in the anime thread? the latter hasn't even aired, yet.

if people have done so in the past, it still does not make it right. I'm not sure about YnS or Index, but the beginning of OreImo didn't really involve any speculation on the plot as far as I know---I did create the thread, so I checked on it regularly. Since I'm here and I actually care, I'm voicing what I think it's not right, which is to speculate how the plot of the anime is going to be using your knowledge of the manga.

you don't really have to say anything else besides "it looks awesome, I can't wait!". :P there's nothing wrong about patiently waiting for the anime to air. you can still watch some other shows, like Kuragehime for example which is currently airing in the noitamina slot.
Old 2010-11-26, 14:39   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Eh, i don't see what's so wrong with saying "looks like the adaptation might start adapted from their second year". I mean that's not spoiler material at all, and no more manga material has been talked about since that was mentioned. Some people need to chill, i mean there's no way i'm going to talk about manga material in this thread, and i'm pretty sure that's the same for Woland.
Old 2010-11-26, 15:05   Link #96
Falkor

I don't think the issue is whether the spoiler is a big or a small one, but whether this is the right place to speculate how the plot of the anime is going to be. It looked to me like a discussion involving something more than a simple "looks like the adaptation might start adapted from their second year", so I have to say something.

anyway, I don't think it's worth continuing this silly argument...
Old 2010-11-26, 15:09   Link #97
Joojoobees

Quote:
Vol 6!? That skips so much of the SaorinXShuu development, it would be horrible . I don't think the characterization between Saorin, Yoshino, and Shuu(which, to me, seemed to be one of the focal points during the first 5 vols/end of the 6th grade year) could be condensed into a flashback. Maybe(and that's a BIG maybe) condensed into the first 4 or 5 episodes(if its ~24 eps), but not a flashback.

Well, Sarashina was in the 2nd preview, so its understandable I guess.
Look, people can do what they want, but I don't see how the above doesn't contain spoilers from the manga. How can discussing specific characters and their relationships before the anime begins be anything but spoilers?

Would moving all such comments inside of spoiler tags be a reasonable compromise? "Speculation on coverage based on manga" or some such?
Old 2010-11-27, 19:43   Link #98
Simon
気持ち悪い

Note to self: read the spoiler policy before starting off-topic discussions. Sorry 'bout that, folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
you don't really have to say anything else besides "it looks awesome, I can't wait!". :P there's nothing wrong about patiently waiting for the anime to air.
It looks awesome, I can't wait!

But, um, what is this "patience" thing you speak of?
Old 2010-11-28, 07:30   Link #99
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Changing the topic, the names of the VS's for Shuichi and Yoshina didn't ring a bell to me, and a quick search showed that not only are they almost the exact same age as the characters they play, it's also their very first role. A 12 year old voicing a 12 year old who would have thunk!

In contrast, you have some heavyweights in the supporting cast (Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko) to back them up. Shuichi and Yoshino's VAs have professional support, but all ears will be on them.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 10:59   Link #100
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Changing the topic, the names of the VS's for Shuichi and Yoshina didn't ring a bell to me, and a quick search showed that not only are they almost the exact same age as the characters they play, it's also their very first role. A 12 year old voicing a 12 year old who would have thunk!
I remember watching the english dub of Fruits Basket(my username for those who don't know =03) and they did this with Hiro and Kisa(the children Sohmas). I thought that it was the most brilliant thing Funi ever came up with[for voicing chars]; using children to voice children. Although I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference in japanese, I still think its a wonderful idea to do this. There's just something more genuine about it, even if the voice isn't as "professional".

Tags
coming of age, drama, genderbender, noitamina, school life, seinen