AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-28, 20:59   Link #2781
bastek66

Manaka's souless eyes as reaction on Akira and Akari may come from she forget what's love and she couldn't comprehend motherly love she saw. Not to mention amnesia etc.
Old 2014-02-28, 22:47   Link #2782
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Well that was interesting. Not sure what to think about the Tsumugu and Chisaki conversation. From what i grasped is she is trying to be grown up about the situation of him moving, while trying to to be childish about him going.

I also think Tsumugu's grandpa will have a bigger roll and maybe tell Tsumugu to confess. I could also see him telling Chisaki his feelings. But either way I think he also has something left to do.

As for Tsumugu's curse i also think it was his suggestion for the magazines. I think that Uroko is on the surface watching them. So I expect him to show up soon.

For Manaka we established that to end the winter they need to appease the sea god by either giving her back or Miuna will go in her place. This is what I see happening and everyone will wake up.

For the red umbrella, I think it could be a symbol of Miuna's /Manaka's feelings of love in general or their feelings for Hikari. Since red is symbolic for love. Either that, or it could be Manaka's Ena?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 04:22   Link #2783
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
For the red umbrella, I think it could be a symbol of Miuna's /Manaka's feelings of love in general or their feelings for Hikari. Since red is symbolic for love. Either that, or it could be Manaka's Ena?
Somebody else already mentioned that, in Japanese traditional weddings brides are usually covered under a red umbrella. So I guess the umbrella really refers to that, the question is to whom it refers, Hikari or the Sea God?
Old 2014-03-01, 10:47   Link #2784
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I think the Tsumugu and Chisaki scenes were well done here. She gives me the vibe of trying to deny or having not come to terms with how important he is to her. Perhaps they can save themselves from that proclamation of still liking a 14 year old boy after all. She seemed very out of place with the other kids in the school, too - and clearly the number of pastries (or whatever food that was) that the delivery guy gave them symbolized that.

Actually, when she said the pudding was better than pastries, is that what she was referring to? I didn't think of that until now.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 13:31   Link #2785
leorodri100

well, that scene from episode 20 really makes more sense now, not that i like it, in any possible ways but still...makes sense

sooo manaka might have

1- Amnesia

2- lost her feelings (personally i think this one makes more sense, and has a okada touch to it)

3-she might not even be manaka, just a copy, made of ena (unlikely but i'll leave it here)

and the theory my friend made me put here: manaka is pregg with fish babies and couldn't careless about the surface and wants to go back to the sea-daddy

just typing the above theory makes me miserable...
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 13:44   Link #2786
EroKing

Images
Manaka
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Miuna

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-02 at 11:14.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 23:35   Link #2787
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Uhm... Now this scene sacared me!!!

Be careful... everyone!!!
Whoa is that future scenes? If not my memory completely lapsed on this.

I feel bad for Manaka in general though. Like Hikari is so great to all the other girls, but Manaka feels like she gets to worst of him. To me, at least that's how I feel about it.

Like He's so possessive of her, always chasing her always being all over what she's doing, he's so conscious of her, her relationship with Tsugumu or her feelings in general.

When Manaka was talking to Tsugumu alone before the Ofunehiki I felt like she was talking about having a desire to escape to the surface and see the new world. It made me think of Hikari like an anchor, he'd always drag her back down to shioshio, He'd never let her go, he'd always follow her wherever she disappears too.
It's like Manaka wants to be or do things, and Hikari wants other things for her. Like an Overbearing brother or father figure.
In some context it could be really romantic.
In this context, for me, there's another word that comes to mind.

Hence I feel bad for Manaka. Even if she does love Hikari, he probably scares her as much. Though, this is just supposition on my part. But does anyone else ever get that feeling?
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 00:59   Link #2788
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
....Hence I feel bad for Manaka. Even if she does love Hikari, he probably scares her as much. Though, this is just supposition on my part. But does anyone else ever get that feeling?
I'm not sure about her feelings, but if I were her, I'd feel exactly as you describe. To me he seems possessive and overbearing. I don't think that's what he intends, but that's what has come through to me right from episode one onward. I want to understand Manaka's feelings better. Maybe she doesn't mind, or maybe she minds but doesn't know how to deal with it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 02:46   Link #2789
EroKing

Images
Chisaki

Images
Manaka

Images
Miuna
Old 2014-03-02, 04:10   Link #2790
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not sure about her feelings, but if I were her, I'd feel exactly as you describe. To me he seems possessive and overbearing. I don't think that's what he intends, but that's what has come through to me right from episode one onward. I want to understand Manaka's feelings better. Maybe she doesn't mind, or maybe she minds but doesn't know how to deal with it.
Yeah I really don't think he does it on purpose. I think he just can't help himself.

For me it really kicked in when she was talking to Tsugumu, saying he's like the sun, how she's always admired the sun, I'd have to watch the episode for exact words but it left me with the impression that she always wanted to escape to the surface, that she was in love with the very idea of the surface. It made me wonder if what she really wanted was to escape Hikari, who was initially very against going to the surface and antagonistic towards surface kids. It made me wonder about if he represents the sea to her.

Actually. I guess I think Hikari=The Sea, Tsugumu=The sky/sun. So maybe her feelings toward the 2 are as broad and undetermined as the subject matter.

Maybe the reason she was so unnaturally happy is that she's like "Hey, I never have to go back to the Sea Again!" Since she's shown to be uncomfortable at different times. About their traditions, when that guy said "pop out babies", just dealing with things and how isolated it is.

This is just my opinion of a possibility though.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 08:01   Link #2791
Kirarakim

Sometimes I wonder if people are watching the same show as me.

As for the scene in those screencaps it was a nightmare Hikari had.
Old 2014-03-03, 11:17   Link #2792
leorodri100

ok so i was listening to the ending 1 of nagiasu and something finally strikes me

the last verse is [温かい水に泳ぐデトリタス 長い時間をかけて糸を紡ぎながら 穏やかに眠る君の外側で 全ての感情から守る繭になる]

now that translates to: The detritus is swimming in the warm water Spinning the threads for a long, long time
As you sleep peacefully, I watch over you from the outside I’ll be the cocoon that protects you from all the world’s emotions

so yeah i'm pretty sure the sea god took manaka's emotions, just a hunch but i'll go with it well it doesn't really make sense if we go by that lyrics alone i mean the one watching over manaka is either hikari, uroko or the sea god, well taking in consideration that this was the first ED it might as well be just hikari's thoughts, but it shows the hibernation, the salt flake snow, even the way manaka is falling is like in episode 13 so it's confusing because it could be either of those 3 but, be as it may it might be the proof that manaka indeed in some way lost her feelings

edit--

manaka's ena might be related to her feelings in some way i mean, "the cocoon that protects you from all the world's emotions" might be literal

that's just my opnion thou

Last edited by leorodri100; 2014-03-03 at 11:50.
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 14:15   Link #2793
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It did really strike me as odd when Manaka nonchalantly ignored Akira despite the runt really anxiously crying for her attention. It also does fit with the fact Manaka seemed really out of it during the whole 'I DIDNT CHECK MYSELF WHILE I MESSED MYSELF' Akira incident.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 04:09   Link #2794
kido22

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/815/815448/
tsugumu part for the university?
kido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 04:21   Link #2795
EroKing

Images

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-02 at 11:01.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 05:12   Link #2796
kido22

Chisaki who feels uncomfortable with his friends because of age, feel much the lack of tsugumu when will the university.
Old 2014-03-05, 07:36   Link #2797
Kazu-kun

Well, perhaps Tsugumu's impending departure will make Chisaki reevaluate her feelings and priorities. We can only hope.
Old 2014-03-05, 07:59   Link #2798
kido22

I hope tsugumu before going to college declares itself to Chisaki
Old 2014-03-05, 08:33   Link #2799
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, perhaps Tsugumu's impending departure will make Chisaki reevaluate her feelings and priorities. We can only hope.
Well, now it would be too easy Just some hints of it would be appreciated anyways. And since the show seemed to want to drag this thing to the very end here what I'd like to see, but I don't think the show will go that far: Chisaki experiencing Tsumugu's lonely life, considering that she is not part of the gang anymore like he is and was, and then having her family back (I'd love to see it, but I'm not sure if we will see them). That's where her breaking/turning point should be for me. Which family would she choose?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 11:14   Link #2800
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
That first nurse Chisaki...

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen