AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-27, 21:47   Link #101
Hattori Saizo II
Sociophobic Ninja

That 4D chess move by 8man is amazing.

But that aside, he's still denying his feelings for Yukino. Man's pride, my ass.
Old 2020-08-27, 23:55   Link #102
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
As much as I want Yui to win, but Yukino giving it away to Yui pretty much sealed the deal for Yukino to win in the end. Nothing against Yukino but her and 8-man together would be a rather dull sarcastic couple where Yui would be a nice contrast to Hachiman's personality.
It would be a couple every psychologist working in couple counseling would hand their business cards to.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-28, 11:30   Link #103
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

Actually, I'd say that his relationship with Yui would be the most difficult one out there for multiple reasons:
-Yui wants everything, which also includes a friendly relationship with Yukino AND the three of them hanging together. This obviously wouldn't bode too well if romance is involved, let alone a love triangle. That's the very reason why she is torn for a while already.
-"Contrast" in term of personality is more of a gimmick than anything else. It is more about affinity at this point. In this very case, Hachiman always respected her upbeat approach, but he wasn't even once "smitten" by her past the usual awkward moment where she is physically too close to him.
-Yui is really supportive when it comes to Hachiman (and Yukino), but the problem is that she very rarely stands as his equal. It is very unlikely for Hachiman to simply be in the lead when it comes to action, whereas someone like Iroha would actually give a run for his money.

I don't believe "club" Hachiman and "club" Yukino would be a good couple either because they would work better as a dog&cat type of bantering friends, but they actually had way more intimate scenes where they drop their respective "anti social" facade. If anything, that kind of stuff became more frequent, especially after Yukino's request addressed to Hachiman during that theme park date.
While OregaIru might suffer from "first girl wins", it is very important to note how Hachiman and Yukino's interactions progressed since S1, and that's about 2 teenagers who were extremely socially inept and grew to trust each other over few months for something they didn't exactly wanted to do in the first place.
Old 2020-08-28, 16:00   Link #104
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Heh, Hachiman only won this round against Yuki-Mom after he threw his last-resort trump card and also because Yuki-Mom didn't feel strongly about the prom anyway. She just acted on behalf of the PTA. Imagine if he has to fight Yuki-Mom when she's being serious. His journey to be together with Yukinon will truly be Herculean & treacherous if Yuki-Mom decides to go against it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
As much as I want Yui to win, but Yukino giving it away to Yui pretty much sealed the deal for Yukino to win in the end. Nothing against Yukino but her and 8-man together would be a rather dull sarcastic couple where Yui would be a nice contrast to Hachiman's personality.
Nah, the interaction between the real 8-man & the real Yukinon (not their pre-Season 2 final episode) lately have been sweet and warm. Character development, it exists in this show.

Also, like Klash above said, 8-man & Yukinon are pretty much more in sync and more of equals than 8-man & Yui.
Old 2020-08-28, 18:44   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Heh, Hachiman only won this round against Yuki-Mom after he threw his last-resort trump card and also because Yuki-Mom didn't feel strongly about the prom anyway. She just acted on behalf of the PTA. Imagine if he has to fight Yuki-Mom when she's being serious. His journey to be together with Yukinon will truly be Herculean & treacherous if Yuki-Mom decides to go against it .
I don't think she would go against it. She seems to have taken a liking to Hachiman already.
Old 2020-09-03, 16:07   Link #106
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A little ménage à trois would neatly solve everything. Damn modern morals.

Instead we're going to get a heartbroken Yui and a Yukino who will probably feel guilty for winning.
Old 2020-09-03, 17:02   Link #107
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A little ménage à trois would neatly solve everything. Damn modern morals.

Instead we're going to get a heartbroken Yui and a Yukino who will probably feel guilty for winning.
Didn't we see something similar to this happen in the White Album 2 anime as well? Suggestions for a so-called "3P" ending to resolve a love triangle? But at least one of the participants in WA2's love triangle was revealed later to have been fine with that option; I'm not sure how well the participants in this anime's love triangle would be with it.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-03, 18:10   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Didn't we see something similar to this happen in the White Album 2 anime as well? Suggestions for a so-called "3P" ending to resolve a love triangle? But at least one of the participants in WA2's love triangle was revealed later to have been fine with that option; I'm not sure how well the participants in this anime's love triangle would be with it.
I don't know about Yukino but Yui would probably be happy with it. She glues herself to Yukino every time she sees her.
Old 2020-09-03, 21:13   Link #109
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yui's mom is a lot of fun really know how to make a good dessert
Old 2020-09-03, 23:03   Link #110
Wandering Soul

Meguri senpai must be quite the person if she can make even Hachiman emotional. She probably had more scenes in the light novel, because I can't remember her doing much here.
Old 2020-09-06, 17:28   Link #111
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So Yui's mom can appear like a ninja... She I wonder... Can she do the batman disappear too?

Hachiman actually managed to throw her off, by saying "worth posting on instagram" lol.
When the three of them went shopping they looked more three siblings though.

Also, a certain anime about dirty jokes must have corrupted my mind... I actually thought it would be something else when Yui blushed and pushed her mother out of the kitchen....

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-09-10, 17:02   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hey, Hachiman and Yukino actually held a normal conversation for about two minutes.
Old 2020-09-10, 20:56   Link #113
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yui really knowing how to ask Hachiman for a dance but it seem that the prom when out without a hitch
Old 2020-09-10, 22:10   Link #114
Hattori Saizo II
Sociophobic Ninja

That hallway scene was pretty heartbreaking.
Old 2020-09-11, 23:06   Link #115
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I tried putting this off after watching episode 1, but I read a 1 word comment about it recently and I knew I had to catch up on it. The word was "Yahalost" btw

Looks like I was just in time to catch the most important part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Ahh I remember the conflicting emotions I had when I saw that ending. Somebody ran away, and the other was left with a really bitter taste in her mouth that she couldn't possibly enjoy the victory she gained. It was sad but kinda infuriating at the same time.

I'd just say that I hope this doesn't turn out like the ending of WA2.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-16, 03:47   Link #116
Zangor17

another big tell in Yukino's favor is the OP as well. In the last couple episodes the final shot of her changed from dark and snowy outside the window to sunny and then to sunny with sakura petals and she turns around. If it was just the scenery outside the window changing i would have left it at a nice indicator of the shift from winter to spring (this is around the time the story is taking place) but since Yukino turned around I feel it adds extra implication at her being the one Hachiman chooses.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-16, 16:55   Link #117
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Of course it had to be Haruno who is being difficult about it .

Also, Hachiman: "You aren't big enough for neck pain, though I want specify where."
Feeling gutsy today, ey?

So, Haruno wants her own ending, eh? Bit late for her to ask for her own route.

And, unsurprisingly, Iroha doesn't know when to give up.

Old 2020-09-17, 16:13   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was probably the most complicated confession I've ever seen. Did something go over my head or did Hachiman completely disregard Sensei's advice?
Old 2020-09-17, 17:37   Link #119
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was probably the most complicated confession I've ever seen.
That's fitting considering the two charatcers involved. As Hachiman said they're both hopeless when it comes to social situations.

So next week this all comes to an end.
Old 2020-09-17, 17:40   Link #120
nfsac

Is there one more episode?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote