AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-06, 12:45   Link #801
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Pffffff!! Wait, that's it? The whole brother issue is now resolved?
It's great to use "emotional" music, but when the actual story fails to be emotional, the whole "Hey, cry now, it's sad right?" thing becomes way too obvious. And you get that twice, one with the brother and again when the heroine goes running... umm, wherever she was trying to get. ...You really think the audience thinks they died? The mob NPC characters, sure, maybe. Who cares anyways. But the guy?
I think the point is they were going out of range so, no matter what happens to them, she'll have no idea and she was running in vain to keep up the connection and reach them.
Old 2021-06-06, 13:28   Link #802
Tenzen12

Maybe, but those "emotional" scenes was super awkward to do point of cringe
Old 2021-06-06, 13:42   Link #803
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Maybe, but those "emotional" scenes was super awkward to do point of cringe
They felt really heartfelt and earned to me.

Ah well, different strokes .
Old 2021-06-06, 13:55   Link #804
Thor's Hammer

Yeah, those "emotional" scenes didn't work for me as well.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 16:08   Link #805
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Pffffff!! Wait, that's it? The whole brother issue is now resolved?
It's great to use "emotional" music, but when the actual story fails to be emotional, the whole "Hey, cry now, it's sad right?" thing becomes way too obvious.
Yeah...it's like this episode was Violet Evergarden's long lost sibling...This show may have made characters worthy of empathy, but it ain't sad. It hasn't delved into characters or the world enough to do that. Particularly if you offload what should have been such a loaded showdown in that manner.
Old 2021-06-06, 16:17   Link #806
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That said, I wonder what's left of this arc that they felt the need to spare two episodes for it? An epilogue & setup for next arc? We'll see.
We still have a country to destroy.

And why are people arguing over subjective feelings? Some people might feel sad, some might not.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 16:24   Link #807
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Yeah...it's like this episode was Violet Evergarden's long lost sibling...This show may have made characters worthy of empathy, but it ain't sad. It hasn't delved into characters or the world enough to do that. Particularly if you offload what should have been such a loaded showdown in that manner.
I thought they did a decent enough job of building up the tragedy of Shin, Rei, and Lena being right in the middle of it that led to this, but to each their own...
Old 2021-06-06, 16:47   Link #808
Tenzen12

I do think they did decent job of building up tragedy. It's just the finish that fallen short by trying too hard...
Old 2021-06-06, 17:39   Link #809
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
We still have a country to destroy.
Oh, that will happen in this arc? Sweet then.
Old 2021-06-06, 17:56   Link #810
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The scene of Lena running so she could stay in range for even just a few minutes longer was more funny than emotional to me. Just so overdramatic.
Old 2021-06-06, 18:38   Link #811
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The scene of Lena running so she could stay in range for even just a few minutes longer was more funny than emotional to me. Just so overdramatic.
I thought it was kind of heartbreaking and indicative of how desperate she was...that, and the symbolism that while Spearhead is moving on to their freedom, Lena is still trapped in the Republic without them no matter how far she runs.
Old 2021-06-06, 23:49   Link #812
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I thought it was kind of heartbreaking and indicative of how desperate she was...that, and the symbolism that while Spearhead is moving on to their freedom, Lena is still trapped in the Republic without them no matter how far she runs.
She had clearly grown quite close to them. Her relationship with Annette is kind of in shambles right now. Her uncle isn't much of an uncle, we have no idea how close she is to her mother, and she doesn't appear to have any other connections. So, the scene worked for me as well to show her desperate emotional state.
Old 2021-06-07, 05:29   Link #813
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Both true. It had a purpose but...very overdramatic. Drama seems to be this show's one emotional card. It wore out a fair while ago.
Old 2021-06-07, 07:57   Link #814
Applehell

Wow, A-1 really ran through that battle fast compared to the LN. Unfortunately as result it ended up lacking the catharsis and tension the book had. At least the 2nd half with the good-bye scene was done pretty well.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-07, 09:57   Link #815
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard_D View Post
Regarding the Para-raid vision thing: People should take a look on episode 1. During the talk with Annette in the middle of the episode. They literally go over the subject of why they only use hearing and the real risks with using other senses.

It is the thing that killed Annettes dad.
With him it was intentional. He committed suicide from what Annette said last episode.
Old 2021-06-07, 10:16   Link #816
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Eh, Violet Evergarden certainly delved deep into the characters
Old 2021-06-07, 10:40   Link #817
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Tbh, whether you feel moved by this episode or not depends entirely on your own taste, you may feel that this episode is lacking, but others feel moved by it, it’s two parallel lines, to each their own
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-07, 10:46   Link #818
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
She had clearly grown quite close to them. Her relationship with Annette is kind of in shambles right now. Her uncle isn't much of an uncle, we have no idea how close she is to her mother, and she doesn't appear to have any other connections. So, the scene worked for me as well to show her desperate emotional state.
The only person she could have probably relied on, her father, has also been long dead even if his death is part of why she's so driven in the first place to where she can realize their shared ideals in a way he never could.
Quote:
Both true. It had a purpose but...very overdramatic. Drama seems to be this show's one emotional card. It wore out a fair while ago.
Well, it is a war drama .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Wow, A-1 really ran through that battle fast compared to the LN. Unfortunately as result it ended up lacking the catharsis and tension the book had. At least the 2nd half with the good-bye scene was done pretty well.
I guess it felt satisfying to me because they'd been eschewing long fight sequences all season so to see them finally give the big battle of volume 1 89% of the episode felt earned .
Old 2021-06-07, 12:14   Link #819
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Tbh, whether you feel moved by this episode or not depends entirely on your own taste, you may feel that this episode is lacking, but others feel moved by it, it’s two parallel lines, to each their own
I don't disagree, but I think if show weren't so heavy-handed, it wouldn't necessarily stop work for people who have no problem with it now, yet it would certainly make difference for me (and probably others), who wasn't exactly impressed. That scene could easily be made to work for everyone.
Old 2021-06-07, 12:28   Link #820
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't disagree, but I think if show weren't so heavy-handed, it wouldn't necessarily stop work for people who have no problem with it now, yet it would certainly make difference for me (and probably others), who wasn't exactly impressed. That scene could easily be made to work for everyone.
Well, it all comes down to personal taste. I didn't think it was that heavy-handed, but maybe I'm just into that kind of storytelling .

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi