AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2021-03-10, 17:48   Link #1
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Any fantasies/isekai with a hero who starts completely pathetic?

Simple request. I'm looking for fantasy works where the hero starts out completely worthless. No luck, no powers, no skills, no goddess to keep things interesting. A guy who starts out legitimately at Level 1 and has to fight and struggle to grow at all. Preferably with a similarly pathetic state socially: tends to be used, gets little to no respect, has to work hard to make something of himself that others might accept and recognize. Basically, a fantasy with a hero who's something like Deku if he never got One For All and instead had to simply build his muscles and mind and very gradually gain one thing after another through pure effort. No special skills, ever, just stuff that anyone who works hard enough is able to obtain.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 02:08   Link #2
Lex79

Try Grimgar of fantasy and Ash if you are fine with something dark, heavy and sometimes depressing.
Old 2021-03-11, 06:21   Link #3
Tenzen12

I reincarnated as noble girl villainess but why did it turn out this way: Despite tittle it's not really shoujo by any measure. MC has no magic, cannot invent potatos and chocolate and her game insight is straightforwardly unusable. All she have is grit, no-nonsense attitude, steel will and genes of actual psychopaths. Despite MC being reincarnated due her upbringing she is probably most medieval minded person of her generation.
Old 2021-03-11, 06:40   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

It's old so you've probably seen it by now, but Now and Then, Here and There fits the bill. He never gets any special skills ever, there's no leveling or game system, he spends a lot of time as a prisoner and is firmly at the bottom of the social totem pole, etc. etc.
Old 2021-03-11, 07:11   Link #5
Tenzen12

Isekai Demo Bunan ni Ikitai Shoukougun: Mc just smart, knowledgable and knows which buttons push to get people do things. He seems to be natural born scamer, but he's honest to honest people and dishonest to dishonest ones. Either way his fighting ability is not worth mentioning at all.

Kanna no kanna: Kanna is not really pathetic from beginning, he has really great insticts and is used to fight dirty, but he doesn't posses really any OP power (he does gain unique relatively soon, but it's not really cheat). He is learning and improving as story goes, but even know he is more of jack of all trades then anything.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-03-11 at 07:24.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 16:49   Link #6
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Roll Over and Die: somehow. MC starts as pathetic with no stats, gets sold to slavery and is often mocked by other characters. She gets better later when she finds out how to use her special ability but still gets overpowered most of the time and suffers a lot, and only survives because of her wit or having help from allies.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-03-24 at 05:44.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 16:28   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You've probably already seen Juuni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms"), but I thought I'd mention it just in case. MC is female, if that matters.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 16:59   Link #8
AnimeFangirl

"Reincarnated as an Aristocrat with an Appraisal Skill." He has a skill that lets him spot useful people, but he himself is weak to the point that 90% of the comments after every chapter are about how weak and pathetic he is, especially in the more recent chapters.
Old 2021-03-13, 09:09   Link #9
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Strange Dawn, but the protagonists are two girls. They have no special power per se, it just so happens that compared to the inhabitants they are... giants. So there's this whole conflict going on, that they don't really care for and they can't really adapt to the world, since everything is tiny. All they want is to go back home, but they get used by the inhabitants for their political schemes.

Watch the Opening to get a feel for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qDsAskjshA
Old 2021-03-21, 17:27   Link #10
AnimeFangirl

The heroine of "Seduce the Villian's Dad" has no powers at all and is as weak as a goldfish.
And there's another Korean webtoon with a heroine who is so weak she even loses HP while walking. Just can't remember the title.
It's pretty common for isekai'd heroines to have no special powers, and some are pretty pitiful, at least at first.
Old 2021-04-16, 07:57   Link #11
Moonlith

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Konosuba.

Kazuma is a shut-in neet who dies in the most pathetic way, gets laughed at, and gets reincarnated into a fantasy world. His luck isn't much better there, getting stuck with the most worthless party members.
Moonlith is offline   Reply With Quote