AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-21, 01:01   Link #5261
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Oh you think the exhibition matches are highly predictable? That's funny, because the entire reason they're featured is because we're curious at the result.
I don't think the previous exhibitions were predictable (y'know, the ones that were not intra-series). But I can't see any reason for Kotomi and Caster to be grouped with those characters other then to watch them get raped. Tomoyo's pretty much always been the strongest Clannad character except that one time I think she lost because of the Negima crowed. We've seen this match several times before.

I can't be sure between Illya and her mother...so it's hard to say how that will turn out. I just know Caster is going to be destroyed.

I think the intra series matches should at least be grouped with characters that are not already a foregone conclusion. Or intra-series characters that have never participated in ISML before, so their character dominance within the series is still a mystery.
Old 2011-11-21, 01:46   Link #5262
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I think the intra series matches should at least be grouped with characters that are not already a foregone conclusion.
I agree. That's the reason for all our intra-series matches.
Old 2011-11-21, 01:49   Link #5263
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Kuroko looks cute... BUT her... character and voice are annoying.
No you didn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbehindyou from ISML Forums
7.If you can add,remove or, change one thing (in general), what would it be?
Until last year I hated Double Elimination because it took up so much time but now that we've had Single Elimination this year I actually miss Double Elimination. It's rather unique.
I agree with this guy.

EDIT:
@KS: While I'm glad I'll get to vote for Caster, I agree with Demi.. Those matches should have been 2-way matches. Or you should have put Rin or Seiba to make things "fair".

Last edited by ppaaccoojrf; 2011-11-21 at 02:05.
Old 2011-11-21, 02:00   Link #5264
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
ORLY, the coming exhibition must just be some odd fluke of predictability.

My bad
Old 2011-11-21, 02:07   Link #5265
Kyuu
=^^=

On the single elimination vs double elimination argument. On the years where double elimination happened - if I recall properly, the character who fights her way out of the "consolation bracket" and into the championship final ends up getting defeated there again. Given how competition is voting based - the reverse won't happen. That's barring some odd freak timing of a character with a currently airing series, of which the voting pattern drastically changes. Such series begin during the latter stages of the Saimoe season (like Shana).
Old 2011-11-21, 02:08   Link #5266
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I think Kanade probably had it this year if it were double elimination. But it wasn't meant to be.
Old 2011-11-21, 02:12   Link #5267
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I'm glad we understand.
Old 2011-11-21, 02:25   Link #5268
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
I think Kanade probably had it this year if it were double elimination. But it wasn't meant to be.
Precisely. (Oh the irony..)
I'm glad Mikoto won though, so this works for me, but I do think that if you want a "indisputable champion," Double Elimination would be the norm. It's also more interesting in my opinion.
Old 2011-11-21, 02:43   Link #5269
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Unlikely because of the rules of DE Kanade would have had to rally voters to beat Misaka twice, not just once.
MAL
Old 2011-11-21, 02:46   Link #5270
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Kanade was already statistically stronger than Mikoto, though. Whether or not Mikoto rallied enough support to beat her is another story. Plus Kanade supporters probably had a huge amount of complacency after going the entire regular season without a single defeat. Kanade with a loss could have very well been stronger then Kanade without a loss.

I still think Kanade only lost to Shana because of the facebook widget. And it was removed for the final match.
Old 2011-11-21, 02:53   Link #5271
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Kanade's numbers were steady, even growing at her normal rates in SE (she increased by almost 500 votes in her match with Shana). It was Shana's number's that jumped by a lot in that match. Shana's numbers in the following match remained at those high level and increased normally again, but was taken out by Makoto who has also gotten a massive increase following the Shana-Kanade match. (Kuroneko actually did dip in numbers so she lost some votes to Makoto in addition to the massive vote number rise).
Old 2011-11-21, 02:59   Link #5272
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Yeah well when numbers increase by over 3000 and Kanade only receives 500 of them...That is not a good performance by Kanade. It probably would of been a close match, but as I said, Kanade winning seemed so obvious that Kanade fans hardly had to work to make it happen. Give her a second chance, and the rabid Kanade fans would have truly gone all out. The only reason the finals produce such a large number of votes, is because of massive scale campaigning. The thought of "just one more win" really puts the fans into overdrive.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:00   Link #5273
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I guess we're going for more popular characters, but I'm still crushed that Haruka from Yosuga no Sora isn't going to appear in the bishie tournament. I mean, come on, his mere presence is enough to evoke blush at first sight in most heroines.

Quote:
I don't think the previous exhibitions were predictable (y'know, the ones that were not intra-series). But I can't see any reason for Kotomi and Caster to be grouped with those characters other then to watch them get raped. Tomoyo's pretty much always been the strongest Clannad character except that one time I think she lost because of the Negima crowed. We've seen this match several times before.
A chance to vote for Kotomi? This kind of thing is why I can't leave ISML even though it seems to revel in crushing my hopes and dreams.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-11-21, 07:33   Link #5274
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Kuroko looks cute... BUT her... character and voice are annoying.
Funny, I like her voice but think she is kind of ugly. Maybe she has damage from doing this to much
Old 2011-11-21, 08:20   Link #5275
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
The next four groups have been released:

Group 17
-Koizumi Itsuki @ Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu
-Suō Tamaki @ Ōran High School Host Club
-Kida Masaomi @ Durarara!!

Group 18
-Kōsaka Kyōsuke @ Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
-Sakata Gintoki @ Gintama
-Cloud Strife @ Final Fantasy VII

Group 26
-Alois Trancy @ Kuroshitsuji
-Kamina @ Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
-Okita Sōgo @ Gintama

Group 20
-Hijikata Toshizō @ Hakuōki
-Hatake Kakashi @ Naruto
-Sōma Kyō @ Fruits Basket

Spoiler for 1-20:
Oh you know what? If Souma Kyou is on there, I'm going to flip shit if Takuto Kira's not because he's the same type of character as Kyou except 100 times more moe in both looks AND personality. Don't get me wrong-I like Kyou too but he can't hold a candle to this guy!
Spoiler for Takuto's moeness:

Full Moon's anime was way better than Fruits Basket's too....though I know for sure FB is more popular simply because it's a reverse harem and Full Moon is not. =_= LAME FANGIRLS ARE LAME

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-11-21 at 08:35.
Old 2011-11-21, 08:40   Link #5276
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Quote:

I can't be sure between Illya and her mother...so it's hard to say how that will turn out. I just know Caster is going to be destroyed.

I think the intra series matches should at least be grouped with characters that are not already a foregone conclusion. Or intra-series characters that have never participated in ISML before, so their character dominance within the series is still a mystery.
Quote:
Then why is there a 3-way match between Kotomi-Kyou-Tomoyo when it's already proven that Kotomi<Kyou<Tomoyo as shown in ISML 2010. It's like Demi said, it's a rape for Kotomi. The Fate intra-series would at least be an experiment if Carnival Phantasm is being watched by ISML voters (would probably be shown in the number of votes for Caster).

I'll still be voting for Kotomi though.... but I expect a rape on that match
Old 2011-11-21, 12:31   Link #5277
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Funny, I like her voice but think she is kind of ugly. Maybe she has damage from doing this to much
Her voice is her character. She's so minor in the novels that the author forgot about her. She's only this popular because of Dat Voice.
Old 2011-11-21, 12:33   Link #5278
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonhym View Post
Then why is there a 3-way match between Kotomi-Kyou-Tomoyo when it's already proven that Kotomi<Kyou<Tomoyo as shown in ISML 2010. It's like Demi said, it's a rape for Kotomi.
Let's not have post-season then, because obviously Shana will lose terribly to Kanade as shown in ISML 2011 regular season. Hell, if Shana meets Kanade in future years, give Kanade the automatic win. In fact, Kyou beat Tomoyo in 2009, Tomoyo only beat Kyou by 87 votes this year, so what makes you think the 3-way match won't change this? Also, statistics will show that there is only a positive correlation from 1v1 matches with 1v1v1 matches if voters have 2 votes in 1v1v1 matches.

More relevant things:
-Fate Testarossa will be exhibited, because why not?
-If you don't want a headache, try not to follow the consolation matches. Just know they will eventually make sense to wontaek and rank the remaining characters.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2011-11-21 at 14:32. Reason: more news
Old 2011-11-21, 15:46   Link #5279
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Let's not have post-season then, because obviously Shana will lose terribly to Kanade as shown in ISML 2011 regular season. Hell, if Shana meets Kanade in future years, give Kanade the automatic win. In fact, Kyou beat Tomoyo in 2009, Tomoyo only beat Kyou by 87 votes this year, so what makes you think the 3-way match won't change this? Also, statistics will show that there is only a positive correlation from 1v1 matches with 1v1v1 matches if voters have 2 votes in 1v1v1 matches.
Tomoyo vs Kyou will be pretty close, but Kotomi will still get raped. She didn't even make the regular season, and Tomoyo placed relatively high. And you cant compare an intra series match with a non intra series match. Intra series characters usually always retain one strongest character, and if not, it's a near tie between two. And the results rarely, if ever change.

Quote:
More relevant things:
Pointless!
Old 2011-11-21, 15:52   Link #5280
wontaek

Quote:

More relevant things:
-If you don't want a headache, try not to follow the consolation matches. Just know they will eventually make sense to wontaek and rank the remaining characters.

If you keep track of 2 things, cumulative win-loss record and Vote Difference, consolation matches won't be hard to understand.

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament