AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-07, 19:06   Link #461
chrono25

ok I just thought because he had in part became dragon scale mail in vol 12 that it might be linked to character talk
Old 2013-01-11, 20:55   Link #462
n0m@n
C-Z

Looks like volume 14 doesn't have much illustration because of Miyama-zero's personal reason.
https://twitter.com/miyama0
https://twitter.com/miyama0/status/2...072897/photo/1
Old 2013-01-11, 21:12   Link #463
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Looks like volume 14 doesn't have much illustration because of Miyama-zero's personal reason.
https://twitter.com/miyama0
https://twitter.com/miyama0/status/2...072897/photo/1
Thanks for the news. The cover is very excellent. Still, the volume isn't out yet, so no worried about the illustrations right now.
Old 2013-01-11, 21:18   Link #464
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

can someone explains what it say?
Old 2013-01-12, 02:09   Link #465
Chris38

Personally, I don't mind volume 14 not having much illustrations, especially if the illustrator has some reason, why something like that happened.

After all, in a light novel, what matters more is the quality of the story, not how many illustrations it has, and if the volume synopsis and preview is anything to go by, I assume that we won't have anything to worry about, when it comes to the quality of the story...
Old 2013-01-12, 02:49   Link #466
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
can someone explains what it say?
Basically it just says that due to unexpected private situation and an extremely tight deadline, there aren't as many illustrations as usual. They would have liked to have added more later somehow, but they're not allowed to do that.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:12   Link #467
elebarna
DXD_Oppai universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Personally, I don't mind volume 14 not having much illustrations, especially if the illustrator has some reason, why something like that happened.

After all, in a light novel, what matters more is the quality of the story, not how many illustrations it has, and if the volume synopsis and preview is anything to go by, I assume that we won't have anything to worry about, when it comes to the quality of the story...
let's just say this is the same case with volume 3 which doesn't have much ilustrator~ =w=
Old 2013-01-17, 09:34   Link #468
amtro
Distro

The illustrator is a freelance artist iirc. He does the art for Oda Nobuna-chan, DxD, has done at least one VN, does a ton of other side stuff like merchandise and makes original art as a hobby.
This is probably a case of him taking on much more work than he could handle.

Also, the volume preview somehow gets on my nerves because I know they're teasing, but I bet that right in the middle of the act the new group will invade ;__;
And what's the deal with Akeno jumping the gun, wasn't she going to wait for Rias to go first before jumping Issei?
Did Rias get her turn in a side story? That would be just peachy, them going all the way in a side story which may, or may not be scanned and translated in the distant future.
Old 2013-01-17, 23:10   Link #469
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Also, the volume preview somehow gets on my nerves because I know they're teasing, but I bet that right in the middle of the act the new group will invade ;__;
And what's the deal with Akeno jumping the gun, wasn't she going to wait for Rias to go first before jumping Issei?
Did Rias get her turn in a side story? That would be just peachy, them going all the way in a side story which may, or may not be scanned and translated in the distant future.
Just like Ise, Akeno also has her own needs and desires. Akeno wants to have an affair with Ise. She may be she trying to capitalize on Rias absence to have sex with Ise.
More power to her.XD

Well in the Onsen SS, Rias and Akeno were both intending to have sex with Ise at the Inn, but Grayfia killed their dreams.
Old 2013-01-18, 18:09   Link #470
n0m@n
C-Z

I accidently posted the spoilers on the wrong thread.
So I will post it here.

Spoiler for Old spoiler from yesterday:

New spoilers:
The new Longinus possessor is a female, and her name is Valerie Tepes. Her Longinus is the "Sephiroth's Grail".
(The Tepes faction are the male Vampire faction, but the possessor is a girl. When I checked the wiki, Tepes is the name belonging to famous Vlad the Impaler.)
Grendel is described to be like Kamen Rider Ouja from Kamen Rider Ryuuki.
Old 2013-01-18, 21:41   Link #471
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Oh my, that explains why Gaspar is being called home, to be the "male" representative SG possessor for the male side. Though I don't recall if Gaspar is also Longinus possessor, if he is... well, things will get messy. Maybe how things get resolved or suspended is that Valerie gets charmed by Ise and his group and pulls out of the conflict entirely to let the vampires decide for themselves what to do next.

Uh, this Grendel probably will live up to his bad reputation if what I hear of him in other stories/media is accurate.

EDIT: Would someone care to share with me (either here or by PM) the gist of the Irina SS? I've seen it mentioned, but don't know if it's translated or just summarized somewhere. Thanks.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2013-01-18 at 21:58. Reason: Added
Old 2013-01-18, 22:23   Link #472
chrono25

does any know when the first chapter for vol 14 will start
Old 2013-01-18, 22:39   Link #473
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
does any know when the first chapter for vol 14 will start
whenever the translators choose. don't bug them about it.
Old 2013-01-19, 01:24   Link #474
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
The illustrator is a freelance artist iirc. He does the art for Oda Nobuna-chan, DxD, has done at least one VN, does a ton of other side stuff like merchandise and makes original art as a hobby.
This is probably a case of him taking on much more work than he could handle.

Miyama has a done a ton of artwork for eroge. Its just most of them are pretty old. He also does artbooks and other Lns(worked on the art for Sengoku Rance) I think manga too but I'm not too sure with that although most of his work tend to be lolis. Personal reasons can mean a lot of things. I'm guessing he might be sick. A lot of people have been sick... Well it doesn't bother me as much. I mean if you compare it to something like monogatari its still a lot of pics. Its not like there's a significance drop in art quality. Only bad part is his website hasn't been updated in forever.
Old 2013-01-20, 00:50   Link #475
n0m@n
C-Z

Additional information:

Sona's Group powerups:
-Two additional members; Rugal and Bennia.
Loup Garou(Rook) is a college student of Kuou Academy. He is called Rugal by others. He has good build, and has ash hair color. Loup Garou means "werewolf" in french.
Bennia(Knight) is a half Grim Reaper. Her mother is human, and her father is a Ultimate-class Grim Reaper, Orcus. She left home because she didnt like the ways of Hades and her father. Originally the [Knight] Sona set eyes on couldnt become Sona's servant, so she stepped in to become her servant. She wasnt seen as a threat or a spy of Hades because she is a big Oppai Dragon fan.
-Artificial Sacred Gear:
Sona's servant who doesn't have a Sacred Gear was given an artificial Sacred Gear from Azazel.
Yura(Rook) was given "Twinkle Aegis". Meguri(Knight) was given "Blazer Shining or Darkness Samurai-sword". Momo(Bishop) was given "Applause Wall". Kusaka(Bishop) was given "Scouting Persona". Nimura(Pawn) was given "Procellarum Phantom".

Full names of members of Sona's group that hasnt been revealed is now revealed.
-Sona Sitri(King)
-Shinra Tsubaki(Queen)
-Yura Tsubasa(Rook)
-Loup Garou(Rook)
-Meguri Tomoe(Knight)
-Bennia(Knight)
-Hanakai Momo(Bishop)
-Kusaka Reya(Bishop)
-Nimura Ruruko(Pawn)
-Saji Genshirou(Pawn)

Mephistopheles
He is from the same generation as the "Old Four Great Satans". He is a Liberalism, so he didnt get along with the previous Satan. He wasnt interested in Rating Game, so he didnt give that much orders to Tannin. He also has a longinus possessor as his servant as well.

Others
Because Azazel retired, he broke his pact with Fafnir. Azazel then made Asia make a pact with Fafnir.

Also it seems like the Evil-Dragons will be stronger than the Dragon-Kings.

Raiser contacts Ise(not Ravel) sometimes.

Xenovia and Irina will be having an argument about "Babies".

Xenovia started training with using the 7 abilities of Excaliburs after being lectured by Millicas in volume 13.

Grendel is a psycho dragon and he stand by numerous times even if he was taken down by a dragon-slayer.

Irina apparently made some kind of promise with Ise when he was a kid. Its hinted that it might be marriage......

Volume 15 will be short-stories but will have a story about Kiba's past as additional story.

Volume 16 will be Gasper main story.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2013-01-20 at 01:11.
Old 2013-01-20, 00:58   Link #476
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Thanks for the spoilers
I find the use of artificial SGs as a slight bit annoying, sure a couple popping up is cool and all but with these many there's no more uniquness to who gets it if you can just create one for any devil
Old 2013-01-20, 01:17   Link #477
Valky
Radioactive

Asia made a pact with Fafnir? Does that means she could use it as an armor like Azazel did? o_O

And about the other spoilers .. very interesting. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2013-01-20, 01:20   Link #478
Chris38

Thanks for the additional info n0m@n...

I have to say that it makes me interested... so judging from you're info, does that mean that "Evil Dragons" is another class of the dragon species, that in terms of power, is placed somewhere between the dragon kings and the two heavenly dragons...

And the next main story volume is about Gasper... hm, it makes me wonder who is going to be on the cover, after all I remember that it was stated somewhere that Kiba couldn't be on the cover, because he is male, and despite his cross dressing, Gasper is a male as well...

Regarding Fafnir, I think it depends on, what happened to Azazel's Sacred Gear, which has been artificial, after he has lost his pact with Fafnir - I think that, since it was something artificially made, Fafnir might have been released from the Sacred Gear and regained his previous form of a dragon... after all, how could Asia give him her panties, if Fafnir, didn't have some kind of body to use...
Old 2013-01-20, 01:47   Link #479
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Thanks for the spoilers
I find the use of artificial SGs as a slight bit annoying, sure a couple popping up is cool and all but with these many there's no more uniquness to who gets it if you can just create one for any devil
Lol. It seems like Sona's group went through the biggest power up in just 1 volume. Ise on other hand is a supporting role for this volume just like in Volume 3.

Oh yeah. In the last spoiler it said that Ise didnt use Balance-Breaker, but it also said that he doesnt have the countdown to go into Balance-Breaker now. wow.
He lost one of his weakness, and thats a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Asia made a pact with Fafnir? Does that means she could use it as an armor like Azazel did? o_O

And about the other spoilers .. very interesting. I'm looking forward to it.
Hmm, maybe more like a summon. Since azazel told Asia to make pacts and summon creatures to make them act as a shield. It seems like Asia will turn into a dragon-summoner lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Thanks for the additional info n0m@n...

I have to say that it makes me interested... so judging from you're info, does that mean that "Evil Dragons" is another class of the dragon species, that in terms of power, is placed somewhere between the dragon kings and the two heavenly dragons...

And the next main story volume is about Gasper... hm, it makes me wonder who is going to be on the cover, after all I remember that it was stated somewhere that Kiba couldn't be on the cover, because he is male, and despite his cross dressing, Gasper is a male as well...

Regarding Fafnir, I think it depends on, what happened to Azazel's Sacred Gear, which has been artificial, after he has lost his pact with Fafnir - I think that, since it was something artificially made, Fafnir might have been released from the Sacred Gear and regained his previous form of a dragon... after all, how could Asia give him her panties, if Fafnir, didn't have some kind of body to use...
The truth is Two-heavenly Dragons are indeed very powerful that they can slay Gods, but the author said strongly in one of his old preview on his blog that they are still a mere dragons.
So Ophis and Great-Red are totally in a different class.

Hmm. I would love to see Kuroka, Le Fay, Grayfia, and Serafall on a cover.

I really am hyped to read it. Damn. Why do even the fastest shipping takes 4 to 7 days.....
Old 2013-01-20, 02:08   Link #480
Chris38

Well, personally I don't mind Ise taking a back seat, from time to time... after all, he's already the most powerful member of the Gremory team, so it's a good thing that from time to time, the author tries to develop the other members of the group, so that they won't be completely left in the dust...

Although, I hope that not everyone of the group is going to obtain some dragon related abilities / attributes, since then, their crucial weak point, would become dragon slaying techniques - after all, at this point, nearly half of the group has some ability that is related with dragons.... or in Ise's case, they are partially belonging to the dragon spices, which, is something that can be, easily turned against them...
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen