AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-17, 06:45   Link #2041
KBTKaiser

Heh, Zengar's got two...no, three more variants.

Waga nawa Zengar! Zengar Zombolt! Meigas no Tsurugi nari! (As pilot of Thrudgelmir in @Gaiden)
Waga nawa Zengar! Zengar Zombolt! Sophia no Tsurugi nari! (Crazy OG2 moment)
Waga nawa Zengar! Zengar Zombolt! Akuryou no Tsurugi nari! (@3 Finale)
Old 2007-06-17, 06:47   Link #2042
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Heh, Zengar's got two...no, three more variants.

Waga nawa Zengar! Zengar Zombolt! Meigas no Tsurugi nari! (As pilot of Thrudgelmir in @Gaiden)
Waga nawa Zengar! Zengar Zombolt! Sophia no Tsurugi nari! (Crazy OG2 moment)
Waga nawa Zengar! Zengar Zombolt! Akuryou no Tsurugi nari! (@3 Finale)
I get the Sophia one, but what do the other two mean?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-17, 06:49   Link #2043
KBTKaiser

Meigas, or Magus, the controller of Earth Cradle(AKA, Machine Celled Sophia Nate)

Akuryou, or Evil Spirit, referencing the Final Boss of Alpha 3, Augustus, who controls dead spirits.
Old 2007-06-17, 06:49   Link #2044
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
From what I read, using Neltharion's power would actually put her at a disadvatage. Ethereal Mode attacks are highly destructive, but purely magical in nature, and Ion Cannon Breaker has a long casting timer (hence the increase in defense in Ethereal Mode) all in all very similar to Nanoha's standard combat routine (big attacks, make things go boom) so unless Neltharion's corrupted energies can 'burn' through the Aether Threads (overpowering them, in a way, but this is up to An Hero) we're looking at a similar situation as Serge's battle versus Nanoha. Not to mention that Neltharion's power is actually dangerous to use for a prolonged time. It's like acid, you can dilute it to reduce its negative effect, but you can't get rid of it completely.

On the other hand, Dragon Soul and Seismic Charge have low casting timers, but are mainly spells destructive on a large scale, which would make it hard for Serge to manipulate the spell. For example, Seismic Charge looks like a red version of this weapon (around the 00:40 mark and one more at the 10:00 mark, simply replace the bomb with a red blast and picture the explosion red. Keep the cool sound ). If it explodes, I don't think Serge can manipulate the entire wave.

But here is Keroko's biggest advantage: In a 1 on 1 battle, she doesn't 'plan', she acts (and from what I read, Serge can read planned attacks). Most of the times her body acts before her mind even realizes what it is doing, catching up miliseconds after. This was what gave her a huge advantage during the Keroko/Tesla fights, as by all means Tesla was a superior oponent. It's also a near essential skill for a dog-fighter. So while Serge might hold the advantage early in the battle, if he allows it to drag on, Keroko will not plan, she will react to Serge's moves and do so with nigh-impossible speed. It's a form of battle sense, you could say.

If you've got questions about specific attacks or elements, though, by all means ask.
That pretty much sums up everything and I agree with the analysis. Aether Threads can indeed be overpowered (I mean something may overpower them ) under certain circumstances (like by Nanoha's bayonet attack) - that's why there're other moves except them available Fast-casting attacks with large area of effect are also hard to manipulate - solely defending against them is a much more probable course of actions. And yes, in case the opponent doesn't plan his/her actions in advance Serge loses one of his biggest advantages, though he retains some limited knowledge of the incoming spells' effects due to the changes in the flow of magic particles taking place beforehand (overall he doesn't read opponent's mind but foresees the effect of the spell, which is easier to do if the opponent concentrates on the desired effect consciously).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've remembered that Hikki's time h4xx is considered a counterattack. Now it makes me wonder how that'll work out
Old 2007-06-17, 07:32   Link #2045
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Firstly, I'll say that I'm having troubles with drawing Captain Yuuno. I am not that good at poses with thick clothes and mantles to begin with, and making him hold a weapon in his arm makes it a whole lot harder.

Anyway, this is the current very very raw WIP of Yuuno. Note that it may not even be the end result if I somehow can't continue it nicely.

Spoiler for Yuuno WIP:

As you can see, I'm having general troubles with conveying the thickness, while maintaining a suitable posture for holding a sword.

I'll probably do others first, and we'll see where Garlock goes. :3

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-17, 07:56   Link #2046
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Firstly, I'll say that I'm having troubles with drawing Captain Yuuno. I am not that good at poses with thick clothes and mantles to begin with, and making him hold a weapon in his arm makes it a whole lot harder.

Anyway, this is the current very very raw WIP of Yuuno. Note that it may not even be the end result if I somehow can't continue it nicely.

Spoiler for Yuuno WIP:

As you can see, I'm having general troubles with conveying the thickness, while maintaining a suitable posture for holding a sword.

A simple solution: sword at his back.
Old 2007-06-17, 08:02   Link #2047
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Spoiler for Yuuno WIP:

Yuuno, you look kinda bishounen there Almost not like you!

Anyways, hope you finish Yuuno GARlock soon, in one form or another

-------------------------------------------------

And now, here's Mai's Profile: Part Three, on the subject of her magical background:

Spoiler for Length:

Next part should be about her individual spells and abilities.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-17, 08:25   Link #2048
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
That pretty much sums up everything and I agree with the analysis. Aether Threads can indeed be overpowered (I mean something may overpower them ) under certain circumstances (like by Nanoha's bayonet attack) - that's why there're other moves except them available Fast-casting attacks with large area of effect are also hard to manipulate - solely defending against them is a much more probable course of actions. And yes, in case the opponent doesn't plan his/her actions in advance Serge loses one of his biggest advantages, though he retains some limited knowledge of the incoming spells' effects due to the changes in the flow of magic particles taking place beforehand (overall he doesn't read opponent's mind but foresees the effect of the spell, which is easier to do if the opponent concentrates on the desired effect consciously).
So while a more dangerous oponent, Keroko would not be an automatic victory. Of course, all Serge has to do to turn the tables in his favour is find a small enclosed space to cut of Keroko's main defense. No room to dodge = Keroko in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

And now, here's Mai's Profile: Part Three, on the subject of her magical background:

Spoiler for Length:

.... Truck.

That part had me rolling in laughter, hehehe.

Mai's personallity is what atracts me the most. Silent, yet not devoid of emotion. (I have a severe dislike for devoid-of-emotion characters).

I see what you mean with it would be different with her taint, though there still are a lot of similarities. Both Keroko and Mai almost died due to their taint, they both had their lives permanently changed, and for both of them it's dangerous to use that power (though Mai's case is worse, since it's connected to virtually all her magic). All in all, more then enough for Keroko to sympathise with the girl.
Old 2007-06-17, 08:47   Link #2049
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've remembered that Hikki's time h4xx is considered a counterattack. Now it makes me wonder how that'll work out
For Kha, I wonder if it'll be too h4xx to say that AO has no control over divine aether threads? Case in point: From WoW, a major inspiration for Kha's Holy Velka skills, Holy damage is normally low, but there's no +Resistance stat for it. A mortal can't stop the hand of God so to speak. This makes Kha's shields, buffs and siegels immune to Flow Manipulation, and how his barrier-piercing attacks are very effective. As it is, half of the Siegels' Urteil ignore protection.

Which brings us to the nerfing point: low DPS. As decreed by the God Empress, no man shalt hurt thy brother unless judged guilty. Most of Kha's divine damage is dealt in magic damage non-lethal to humans, so while he can bust armor, rip protection and tear through machines and aliens just like the other Aces, comparatively little does permanent damage to the flesh. He could knock people out pretty quickly, so his usual method of approach is to reversibly maim/disable then impose the full "Confession" bind while they're down to be arrested.

Only a charged Leutendes Licht burns through flesh in one shot, but like Spearengriff, the charged variation is more of a sniping attack.

Which is why Schneiderform is h4xx. I believe it is time to reveal this vile trump:

Spoiler for Schneiderform Knight Armor:

Note that AO has control over this black mana, so Schneiderform would be countered by Flow Manipulation.

Also, Kha can see the threads being manipulated, due to his Whispers, but cannot interfere. Only Sakura and Sakura Zaki, being emissary-designates of the divine, can fully counter the thread manipulation blow for blow by using divine wil to revoke the order imposed onto the threads, but it'll be a battle of wills between her/her and AO in this case.

How intense; Kha VS Serge would be a battle at every level, from mages, right down their Devices. In these type of anime fights, nothing around the combatants ever survive in one piece.

EDIT:

@Lowe: WTF...? Midchilda Chaos Magic?! Are we reading each others minds again?!
Old 2007-06-17, 09:04   Link #2050
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
For Kha, I wonder if it'll be too h4xx to say that AO has no control over divine aether threads? Case in point: From WoW, a major inspiration for Kha's Holy Velka skills, Holy damage is normally low, but there's no +Resistance stat for it. A mortal can't stop the hand of God so to speak. This makes Kha's shields, buffs and siegels immune to Flow Manipulation, and how his barrier-piercing attacks are very effective. As it is, half of the Siegels' Urteil ignore protection.

Which brings us to the nerfing point: low DPS. As decreed by the God Empress, no man shalt hurt thy brother unless judged guilty. Most of Kha's divine damage is dealt in magic damage non-lethal to humans, so while he can bust armor, rip protection and tear through machines and aliens just like the other Aces, comparatively little does permanent damage to the flesh. He could knock people out pretty quickly, so his usual method of approach is to reversibly maim/disable then impose the full "Confession" bind while they're down to be arrested.

Only a charged Leutendes Licht burns through flesh in one shot, but like Spearengriff, the charged variation is more of a sniping attack.

Which is why Schneiderform is h4xx. I believe it is time to reveal this vile trump:

Note that AO has control over this black mana, so Schneiderform would be countered by Flow Manipulation.

Also, Kha can see the threads being manipulated, due to his Whispers, but cannot interfere. Only Sakura and Sakura Zaki, being emissary-designates of the divine, can fully counter the thread manipulation blow for blow by using divine wil to revoke the order imposed onto the threads, but it'll be a battle of wills between her/her and AO in this case.

How intense; Kha VS Serge would be a battle at every level, from mages, right down their Devices. In these type of anime fights, nothing around the combatants ever survive in one piece.

EDIT:

- Nice expl of holy attacks- makes me think that Turn Undead and Magnus Exorsismus are too h4xx if the target/s are still living.

- yup that armor is h4x... or Kha can use another item that i have... but i'm not yet revealing it- because it becomes even more h4x.

- Note: Flow manipulation or any form of time-space-magic distortion will not apply with a Key Device Keeper in action- keep in mind that these devices hold the multiverse's 'default' setting- any manipulation will be countered with a reset of the field- each time. Luckily Kyla, Ashton, Rurika and Nonaha did not unlock their device's 'defaulting' function as of now.

As you have noted in the previous skirmish, Ashton's summons were immune to some spells.
default aux mode for the win!

Last edited by Saint X; 2007-06-17 at 09:08. Reason: update
Old 2007-06-17, 09:07   Link #2051
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
A simple solution: sword at his back.
Forget it. I've already scrapped that WIP and had another WIP ready in 5 minutes.

Though this new one...makes Yuuno look like he's 10 years older.

Anyway, do you have any sort of referencial base/image/concept to Kyla's looks? My latest Yuuno WIP plans to include someone in the background as well, and I'd prefer if I can draw out Kyla.

Otherwise, I'll just throw in Admiral Chrono in the background.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-17, 09:11   Link #2052
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Yuuno WIP:

It's looking rather as it is. Keep going! :3
Quote:

Spoiler for Length:

Sakura: (catches fire)That's right! ZAA POWAA OFU COURAGE!!! Wii~~
Kha: I don't believe that applied to girls.
Sak: :veinpop:
Kha: Now wait a--

*Chibi Hikaru Ni Nare >>>>>>>>> Kha*

Ow... Now that made me shed hotblooded tears of courage...

Moving on, I first browsed through it, then I realized I got to make another post to comment on it. First there was "Bang", and now it's "Truck". And courage was a big draw to our cute little girl here...

Midchilda Chaos magic blew my mind. I thought it was just Chaos magic... So Kha also has a bit of Chaos powers, and Sophia has the Velka Chaos summoning square... And then this... Those guys are so in for a fright.

Now that Kha's Schneiderform has been revealed, I wonder how he'd react at seeing... another person having revived the dark arts.

Mai WINS a lot! Now to see her skills. I'm sure there's a Confession bind in there as well, as in, the original spell, ne?
Old 2007-06-17, 09:11   Link #2053
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Forget it. I've already scrapped that WIP and had another WIP ready in 5 minutes.

Anyway, do you have any sort of referencial base/image/concept to Kyla's looks? My latest Yuuno WIP plans to include someone in the background as well, and I'd prefer if I can draw out Kyla.

for all the long while i've created Kyla, i have not thought of an easy reference- makes me wanna find one.
hmm... a long haired blond MILF-type anime woman... hmm...

so add in Chrono (with teh mask for kicks)
Old 2007-06-17, 09:12   Link #2054
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
for all the long while i've created Kyla, i have not thought of an easy reference- makes me wanna find one.
hmm... a long haired blond MILF-type anime woman... hmm...

so add in Chrono (with teh mask for kicks)
@Nighty: How about Kha? I still have that mental image of Yuuno and Kha fighting back to back in voidspace against a storm of Black Army mages in AlternateS. (Right X? )
Old 2007-06-17, 09:16   Link #2055
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
*peers in front a weekend trip*

Damn, backlog...

*breezes through quickly and then heads for the restroom to puke due to being seasock.*

Ugh, note to self: Drink hot/warm liquids before getting on the boat...

@Aaron: did you ever get around to putting up Kusuha?

*goes back to gathering his scattered thoughts together for a Riot Force 6 farewell chapter for Mabiko and Co. before a post of transferring into Phantom Base*
Hopefully by around Wednesday. I'm really sorry for the delay. Got to review for a couple of exams.

Quote:
From what I read, using Neltharion's power would actually put her at a disadvatage. Ethereal Mode attacks are highly destructive, but purely magical in nature, and Ion Cannon Breaker has a long casting timer (hence the increase in defense in Ethereal Mode) all in all very similar to Nanoha's standard combat routine (big attacks, make things go boom) so unless Neltharion's corrupted energies can 'burn' through the Aether Threads (overpowering them, in a way, but this is up to An Hero) we're looking at a similar situation as Serge's battle versus Nanoha. Not to mention that Neltharion's power is actually dangerous to use for a prolonged time. It's like acid, you can dilute it to reduce its negative effect, but you can't get rid of it completely.

On the other hand, Dragon Soul and Seismic Charge have low casting timers, but are mainly spells destructive on a large scale, which would make it hard for Serge to manipulate the spell. For example, Seismic Charge looks like a red version of this weapon (around the 00:40 mark and one more at the 10:00 mark, simply replace the bomb with a red blast and picture the explosion red. Keep the cool sound ). If it explodes, I don't think Serge can manipulate the entire wave.

But here is Keroko's biggest advantage: In a 1 on 1 battle, she doesn't 'plan', she acts (and from what I read, Serge can read planned attacks). Most of the times her body acts before her mind even realizes what it is doing, catching up miliseconds after. This was what gave her a huge advantage during the Keroko/Tesla fights, as by all means Tesla was a superior oponent. It's also a near essential skill for a dog-fighter. So while Serge might hold the advantage early in the battle, if he allows it to drag on, Keroko will not plan, she will react to Serge's moves and do so with nigh-impossible speed. It's a form of battle sense, you could say.

If you've got questions about specific attacks or elements, though, by all means ask.
Niiiice!
An excellent and comprehensive review of her combat capabilities and advantages/disadvantages against the OC threads' favorite anti-hero.

I might ask for her combat data later. But for now, I'm concentrating on her, Aurion and Kha's conversation about the two extremes, and some rather amusing/embarrassing situations. I'll do borrowing your characters justice with some interaction humor!

Quote:
I see. Really, I shouldn't have buffed Aurion too much. The base parameters would have sufficed in the first place. But there's no turning back now. He's about to be blasted by the Triple Breaker EX! I'll PM you some time later about the severe liability factor that Aurion would prove when conversing with Serge.

Quote:
Yes it is. It's haxx at it's best.

Quote:

Spoiler for Length:

Silent but violent MOOEEEEEEEE!
I'm really loving her attitude! Nice work, LoweGear!
THE POWER OF COURAGE FTW!!!

Quote:

Awesome. Then, would Sakura's unison with Kha be able to help somehow?

Quote:

IT would be the fight of a lifetime!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-06-17 at 09:30.
Old 2007-06-17, 09:16   Link #2056
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
@Nighty: How about Kha? I still have that mental image of Yuuno and Kha fighting back to back in voidspace against a storm of Black Army mages in AlternateS. (Right X? )
Yes... during that time when Nonaha was still evil, during that void battle when she got crazy with the summonings and opened a portal to Deia without the consent of the Exile Gate's gatekeeper...

tons of cloned dei warriors poured in while Nona chased after the Silvana... and the only thing they can say is

NUTS!!!
Old 2007-06-17, 09:17   Link #2057
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Aside from Tausend Kruez which you drew, you haven't really given me much of a reference to how Kha looks like. I don't mind using just the descriptive notion, but it'd make things so much easier if you could just point me to someone who looks alike.

It helps for the clothes as well. It's WIP so I can do modifications without affecting too much since it's all a bunch of light doodles anyway... I still need to make Yuuno look younger...he looks 29 the way I drew him.

Old 2007-06-17, 09:47   Link #2058
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So while a more dangerous oponent, Keroko would not be an automatic victory. Of course, all Serge has to do to turn the tables in his favour is find a small enclosed space to cut of Keroko's main defense. No room to dodge = Keroko in trouble.
*notes down*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko

.... Truck.

That part had me rolling in laughter, hehehe.

Mai's personallity is what atracts me the most. Silent, yet not devoid of emotion. (I have a severe dislike for devoid-of-emotion characters).

I see what you mean with it would be different with her taint, though there still are a lot of similarities. Both Keroko and Mai almost died due to their taint, they both had their lives permanently changed, and for both of them it's dangerous to use that power (though Mai's case is worse, since it's connected to virtually all her magic). All in all, more then enough for Keroko to sympathise with the girl.
They are quite similar in those respects true (Mai's profile was somewhat influenced by Keroko there ). Would be interesting to know how a meeting between Keroko and Mai would turn out...

Quote:

It's quite unusual how accessing his best armor requires Kha to use the dark powers of Velka Chaos no less Time to go hunting for the God Empress then if Kha wants to use Schneiderform without resorting to such measures

And bringing in demons through the Immaterium? I sure hope the Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch and Khorne aren't present

Now waiting to see Serge vs. Kha now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
"I can feel The Warp overtaking me!"

Quote:
Sakura: (catches fire)That's right! ZAA POWAA OFU COURAGE!!! Wii~~
Kha: I don't believe that applied to girls.
Sak: :veinpop:
Kha: Now wait a--

*Chibi Hikaru Ni Nare >>>>>>>>> Kha*

Ow... Now that made me shed hotblooded tears of courage...

Moving on, I first browsed through it, then I realized I got to make another post to comment on it. First there was "Bang", and now it's "Truck". And courage was a big draw to our cute little girl here...

Midchilda Chaos magic blew my mind. I thought it was just Chaos magic... So Kha also has a bit of Chaos powers, and Sophia has the Velka Chaos summoning square... And then this... Those guys are so in for a fright.

Now that Kha's Schneiderform has been revealed, I wonder how he'd react at seeing... another person having revived the dark arts.

Mai WINS a lot! Now to see her skills. I'm sure there's a Confession bind in there as well, as in, the original spell, ne?
That's Sakura alright. But Sakura ain't seen nuthin yet. And I think she'll be sharing the same reaction with Shinji when they get to HQ

Well, since I was going with the Chaos motif anyway, but without wanting to make it too Warhammerish, I made it a branch of Midchilda magic. Didn't know you were thinking the same but for Velka as well

And I'm wondering how they'll react to Mai as well

And Mai will have binds... just not called "Confession Bind", and with drastically different effects.

Preview of Next Chapter:

Smith: Binds?
Wesson: I LOVE BINDS!!!
*Chainsaw revs

Old 2007-06-17, 10:01   Link #2059
KBTKaiser

...Please don't make me reveal Mabiko's Dark Side...

That is all...

*Goes back to writing up a post.*
Old 2007-06-17, 10:13   Link #2060
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Aside from Tausend Kruez which you drew, you haven't really given me much of a reference to how Kha looks like. I don't mind using just the descriptive notion, but it'd make things so much easier if you could just point me to someone who looks alike.

It helps for the clothes as well. It's WIP so I can do modifications without affecting too much since it's all a bunch of light doodles anyway... I still need to make Yuuno look younger...he looks 29 the way I drew him.
I posted it before. But I've found better ones since. The anime one sucked, but Kha's armor looked just like this:
Spoiler for Kha:
Did that help? I can put up more specific examples if you want.

@Lowe: Yes, it was part of my theme of contradiction for Kha. To save a life means to not save another. And to save the world, you might have to do something drastic...

And this chainsaw thing got me thinking... How's Mai with horror movies? She must love the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.