AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-01, 09:35   Link #1
Nemokrad

Chapter 233 Discussion [Manga]

Chapter 233's cover is a blended image of both Sasuke and Naruto (woo big surprise!)

On the first page we see a nice big dark chakra ball of power struggle just like the previous Rasengan vs Chidori. Then we see Sasuke and Naruto displayed within the ball and see where they're aiming at. Naruto aims for the head protector, Sasuke aims for the neck.

On the second page we see Sasuke's head protector breaking (just like Itachi's, Kisame's and the ones of other missing nins). Then we see Kakashi (I think he can sense the giant production of chakra or something and wants to hurry or something) and he jumps through the woods again together with our PURRRI PURRRRRRI friend Pakkun.

On the next few pages we see the ball turning white while the waterfall drops its water on it. Then we see the faces of Sasuke and Naruto, exhausted and sad it seems.

It turns more white and we see a flashback of Sasuke and Naruto holding eachothers fingers, displaying their friendship I guess.

Then we see that Naruto is lying on the ground, exhausted, while Sasuke is standing next to him. Some flashes of light appear on the two in a spotlight kind of way (either the clouds cleared up a bit or it almost starts raining, couldn't figure out). Then the spotlight becomes smaller and smaller ending on Naruto's face.

Sasuke seems to look sad and his head protector falls off. Then it starts raining heavily and Sasuke feels a sting and grabs his chest and shoulder, and coughs up some blood. He then looks closely in Naruto's sleeping face (in a very romantic way, i knew he was gay! I knew it!) and we see bushes.

More bushes! With Pakkun and Kakashi traveling through them (for some reason it always takes years to travel through forests in the Naruto world). Then they come back to notice Naruto lying on the ground without Sasuke being around.

Not all too surprising chapter. Apparently Sasuke didn't have the guts to kill Naruto and Naruto didn't have the smarts and power to finish off Sasuke (or maybe he just aimed at the head protector because he thinks Sasuke isn't a worthy Konoha ninja anymore. Still, nice chapter
Nemokrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 09:38   Link #2
Dream Brother

From how it sounds, it seems like Naruto didn't want to kill him and thus only aimed at the headprotector just to prove that he could, unlike Sasuke said, hit it, but what do I know? I haven't read it..
Dream Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 09:38   Link #3
CyberPunk

i liked this chapter. more than redeemed the shitty build up to it.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 09:42   Link #4
Nemokrad

Quote:
From how it sounds, it seems like Naruto didn't want to kill him and thus only aimed at the headprotector just to prove that he could, unlike Sasuke said, hit it, but what do I know? I haven't read it..
Well Naruto didn't intend to kill him to begin with, Sasuke did. But in the end, even Sasuke couldn't do it... And Naruto just got satisfied with touching his head protector. (much like when he loses conciousness after fighting Gaara, after hearing that Sakura was alright he felt like it was enough)
Old 2004-10-01, 09:44   Link #5
Last of the Uchiha

What a kick ass issue. People you have to have more faith in Kishimoto.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 09:46   Link #6
zarkand

Quote:
Apparently Sasuke didn't have the guts to kill Naruto
I am not too sure about whether or not Sasuke had the guts to kill Naruto. From the looks of it, he was using what he had left just to stand up. Which he later dropped on his knees after feeling the after effects of using the CSL2 and the results of the fight. It seemed like it would have taken more then he had left to get a kunai from Naruto's pouch/holster and stab Naruto with it.
zarkand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 09:54   Link #7
CyberPunk

don't disregard the possibility that sasuke left the scene by his own power.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 09:56   Link #8
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
and hopefully the next chapters would only be closure of this arc
Old 2004-10-01, 10:02   Link #9
zarkand

Went I first looked over the chapter, my first reaction was that Sasuke did leave under his own power and left Naruto alive as sort of a reward for being able to put the scratch in his forehead protector. However, the more I look at it I don't think Sasuke could have left and gotten very far. He didn't pass out, but he was on his knees coughing up blood, as well as holding his arm.
zarkand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:03   Link #10
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

By the way Sasuke had to get rid of the Leaf head protector long time (actually, chapters) ago. Anyway it saved his life, at least now, he had to be thankful to the Leaf for that, I guess.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:06   Link #11
Captain_Dope

Very good chapter! I think it wont take much time for Inane to translate this chapter as there was barely anything to translate at all.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:09   Link #12
FearTheMullet

I loved it. I got the impression Sasuke thinks naruto is dead...could this mean!? MANGE?! Ooo..... I wonder when people will start arguing?
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:11   Link #13
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
like nobody knew this was going to happen , sasuke left a beaten up naruto

this sounds like a pretty good chapter , what had to happen happened , sasuke not coming back to konoha , i wanna see how sakura is going to handle the news and hope non of the genins are dead , now were going to see a new arc , probably some akatsuki stuff and i wanna see naruto learn some new jutsus , improve his overall skills , unles theres a time jump like many have said.
Anbu_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:19   Link #14
Captain_Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Kakashi arrived at the scene?
How can he get there this fast.. shouldn't Shikamaru, Lee, Gaara & Co. arrive hours earlier?
After all their mission isn't over yet, so they shouldn't sit somewhere in the woods having a tea party.
Kakashi is a jounin. The rest of the members are too tired to keep going (with exception for Temari and Kankuro)
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:25   Link #15
rorosama

Finally this arc is starting at it's end. On with the story!
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:40   Link #16
Nemokrad

Quote:
I loved it. I got the impression Sasuke thinks naruto is dead...could this mean!? MANGE?! Ooo..... I wonder when people will start arguing?
He didn't get that impression at all... He didn't even hit him that much it seems. I do think he got his mange though, through an alternate way which of course he finds out as first uchiha member.

Quote:
like nobody knew this was going to happen , sasuke left a beaten up naruto
Sasuke seems just as beaten up... It's just that he's got a goal left to do, Naruto hasn't. Eventhough he promised Sakura he would bring him back, he realized that it wouldn't work and he felt as if his goal was completed by touching his head protector. I also don't believe Sasuke's head protector saved his life or anything, if Naruto wanted to go through it he definately would have.
Old 2004-10-01, 10:47   Link #17
realdeal
The Real Deal

I was hoping kakashi arrival would add a twist to the story, instead we him arriving to pick up naruto. Kishimoto could have just put this ending from the start..waste.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:53   Link #18
LeafNinja

If the arc was going to end in this fashion, I think Kishimoto pulled it off well enough. You could really see the pain Sasuke was feeling about the steps he had taken, and that he would continue to go on with his goal to meet Orochimaru.

Wouldn't it be funny though that if Kakashi arrives without Sasuke there, and he and Naruto thinks he left, but then Sasuke just walks out of the woods and agrees to come back? Heheh.

Or even more interesting, that Sasuke gets almost to Orochimaru's, and decides to come back, but before he can someone abducts or grabs him for some other purpose? i.e. maybe Orochimaru grabs Sasuke now against his will, or the third Mangekyou user arrives and takes him?
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:54   Link #19
Lost World
Banned

Nice, Sasuke is still human. He can now resume being my favorite character. *hums*
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 10:58   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemokrad
He didn't get that impression at all... He didn't even hit him that much it seems. I do think he got his mange though, through an alternate way which of course he finds out as first uchiha member.

Thta my be a posiblity, becasue after this, Sasuke wont have a close friend (i really doubt that ORO will be his closest friend), and he will need to find another way to get he MS, but i dont think he got it know, unless he think he killed naruto, like fearthemullet said....
o well, almost nobody (i say" almost nobody" because i remember someone posting that same ending....it makes me wonder if Kishimoto post in this form ) think that it was going to end this way, but it was the most logicall ending...

Thoe guys who were worried about Kakashi Dying can sleep well for know...the other who wished that Sakura DIE...keep hopping for the future....
the guy who posted the apperance of Shino....................Stop Drinking alcohol