Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-02-05, 08:06   Link #81
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki626
Well I have loaded over 500 images on imageready before in one GIF file, if you need more than that i cant help you there
That's strange... I tired to load around 230 images, and I can't seem to stuff my Image Ready.. It always tends to complain and wouldn't eat up all the images
It either load reallys low, or there are times when I get a message stating that I don't have enough memory which I do..... Any ideas Uzumaki626 or anybody? But is there really a limit of images in a gif? Just curious....
Nagare Ryouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 10:48   Link #82
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

Nagare Ryouma> The message saying that you don't have enough memory is related to the RAM, if you have something else running on the background(i.e. internet explorer, music, etc...) you should turn them off.
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 13:44   Link #83
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

Caliban, thx for the input. Well, that's not the problem why I get that warning, I figured it out it was due to the image size being to big in the first place =p Nontheless it's working now (reduce the image size) and I'm starting to make my very first gif....
Old 2004-02-06, 16:01   Link #84
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Yea, i dont think there is a limit to the number of frames in a GIF, but its usually silly to go over even 50 frames in our cases
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 14:35   Link #85
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

Uzumaki626, I finally got a chance to do one, kindly check out my avatar. So what do uou think? Although it seems like I can improve it.. It's my first attempt, so hope you can help me with the input. Also, how can you select all the frames all at once? Coz it would be a major hassle having to adjust the brightness etc., frame by frame....

Last edited by Nagare Ryouma; 2004-02-09 at 15:17.
Old 2004-02-13, 06:33   Link #86
Green²
It's bacon!

Frame Capture Guide

Media Player Classic
Version: 6.4.7.7

Pros:

Can capture image frame from fansubs.
Should function for those using only ffdshow.
It can be more precise than BSPlayer.

Cons:

Can capture only one frame at a time.
Is slightly buggy.

Procedure:

1: Create a new folder to a subdirectory for later use.

2: Open video file and then seek to just before the location of the desired frame/s and pause video.

3: Using the Framestep and Framestep Back keys, (Right & Left arrow keys by default) seek to the first desired frame that you want to capture.

4: Then on the above menu, click on File and then click on Save Image... \ The "Save As" tree should then appear allowing you to save the image as a BMP file. Save the file in the new folder that you had created in step 1,.. or if desired, choose any known location to save the file.
(SAVE AS "snapshot". DO NOT save under a different name other than the default name! It will be explained at a later step in this guide.)

5: At this point, you can now seek to the next frame using the Framestep key (Right arrow by default).

[Tip: If the following frame looks exactly or is the same as the previous frame, skip over it until you notice a cell change/movement. Yet be sure to give added delay time in that animated GIF for that look alike frame, as to simulate more than one frame. This will help you cut down in total file size.]

6: Repeat step 4, BUT there seems to be a bug at this point. Anything other than the name "snapshot" will be given a faulty or no file extension,.. well, for me anyway.

Options are:
A: Save the image to another directory where there is no "snapshot.bmp" file already located. [Very messy.]
B: Save with different name and manually rename the file extension.
C: Save with different name and use a program such as IrfanView to automatically rename the file extension.
D: Rename previously saved "snapshot.bmp" file that is already located in the file directory to something such as "xxxx.bmp" and then save following file as "snapshot". Then repeating renaming process for every other desired frame capture.

7: Repeat steps 5 & 6 for every other desired frame.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 21:39   Link #87
Green²
It's bacon!

Frame Capture Guide

Media Player Classic
Version: 6.4.7.8

Pros:

Can capture image frame from fansubs.
Should function for those using only ffdshow.
It can be more precise than BSPlayer.

Cons:

Can capture only one frame at a time.

Procedure:

1: Create a new folder to a subdirectory for later use.

2: Open video file and then seek to just before the location of the desired frame/s and pause video.

3: Using the Framestep and Framestep Back keys, (Right & Left arrow keys by default) seek to the desired frame that you want to capture.

4: Then on the above menu, click on File and then click on Save Image... \ The "Save As" tree should then appear allowing you to save the image as a BMP file. Save the file in the new folder that you had created in step 1,.. or if desired, choose any known location to save the file.
(SAVE AS its default name, "snapshotX", where X=current date and time. DO NOT save under a different name other than the default name! Saving under a different name other than the default name will still cause the image file extension bug. Renaming after the image save is no longer required to create following snapshots.)

5: Repeat steps 3 & 4 for every other desired frame that you want to capture.

[Tip: If the following frame looks exactly or is the same as the previous frame, skip over it until you notice a cell change/movement. Yet be sure to give added delay time in that animated GIF for that look alike frame, as to simulate more than one frame. This will help you cut down in total file size.]
Old 2004-02-18, 01:34   Link #88
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Hmm...I loosely followed some guides here and made a few GIFs using Virtualdub and GIMP. I want to test them here to see if they work.

The weird thing is the Download Virus Gif is a lot smaller than the Mahoro Gif. Damn, Mahoro's just a few Kbs too big for an avatar...
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 02:01   Link #89
Green²
It's bacon!

Reducing the image dimensions to below 100x100 pixels can help reduce the overall file on disk size. Or if desired, you can reduce the total frame count.
Old 2004-02-21, 22:12   Link #90
jayj713

can someone tell me how to speed up the .gif? the delay between the frames is 0 but it looks like this:

jayj713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 17:00   Link #91
Ral
Idea!

Delete some repeated frames. Try not to have to many frames that are the samething after eachother.
Ral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 18:21   Link #92
jayj713

can someone also tell me what to do when virtual dub says, "couldnt find decompressor dx50" or somethin like that.
jayj713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 06:02   Link #93
Motoko
オウーアー おあう

Send a message via AIM to Motoko Send a message via MSN to Motoko
I use Animation shop to create GIFs. Find it very easy to use. Also i can't see the GIFs animated in IE, could someone tell me how to rurn it on?
Motoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 08:18   Link #94
naantje
Annoyance :)

fixed it
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 14:23   Link #95
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoko
I use Animation shop to create GIFs. Find it very easy to use. Also i can't see the GIFs animated in IE, could someone tell me how to rurn it on?
Tools/Internet Options...

Advanced tab\Multimedia\Play Animations in Web Pages.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/h...animations.asp
Old 2004-02-28, 13:41   Link #96
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagare Ryouma
Uzumaki626, I finally got a chance to do one, kindly check out my avatar. So what do uou think? Although it seems like I can improve it.. It's my first attempt, so hope you can help me with the input. Also, how can you select all the frames all at once? Coz it would be a major hassle having to adjust the brightness etc., frame by frame....
Good thing you kept proportions but is that black strip at the top supposed to be there? You can just click on the first frame, then go all the way to the end frame and push shift, and then click on the last frame, it will select all of them.

However, changing the gamma changes the gamma/brightness for the whole animation regardless of how many frames you selected.

Auto-levels and Auto-contrast work great *usually* however, you need to appy those modifiers to every frame. I just made a custom action that does that effect to like the first 60 or so frames. so i can just do it now with one click.

Other than that, the quality looks ok.. Seems like you either used dither or reduced the colors on it. What is it anyways :-D?
Old 2004-02-28, 20:37   Link #97
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

I need some help: I've been trying to put two animated sequences into one, where one of the animated sequences is always on top of the second one. Can anyone help me with this?

Edit: Nevermind, I tried using Ulead GIF Animator and it worked like a charm, except the picture quality isn't as good as if it was done on ImageReady. Although now I know how to do it in ImagReady, it will be much tougher than it is to do it in UGA. Don't get me wrong, any tips are still welcome!

Last edited by Caliban; 2004-02-29 at 01:42.
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 12:26   Link #98
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Save the 2 animations as their own gifs in their own folder, then say "file >> import >> folder as frames" then it will load the 2 gifs on top of each other. It will play the first gif then the next gif will play on top of it.

so try to keep both of the animations the same size if your just gonna have the gif play one scene then the other. But playing the animations side by side is a different story
Old 2004-03-07, 00:31   Link #99
Epyon

Thanks for your short guide on how to make an animated gif. I used it to make my new avatar.
Epyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 07:34   Link #100
Naruto sama

NVM- got that ^^

Last edited by Naruto sama; 2004-03-09 at 10:26.
Naruto sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animated gifs, graphics