AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-13, 18:56   Link #561
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNick
there is going to be a second season

the story is far from finished, and tetsu still has a big choice to make, be a peacemaker or stay as he is now

( and there is going to be a lot of things with ryoma as well, he is uber important )
Huh. I think its over but there is a possibility that it will continue, like with all anime series that just recently ended. It also depends on how popular and how much money they have. I would greatly appreciate a new season of PMK as I fully enjoyed the first eps of it.
Old 2004-04-13, 22:49   Link #562
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
nooooo.... IT will NOT continue!!!!!!!!!

If it does... my Okita will die... let me just remember him as it is PLEASE!!!!!!!!! I can't take anymore deaths!!!!!!
Old 2004-04-14, 06:10   Link #563
7thMethuselah

well if they do continue the shinsengumi series here, all members of the shinsengumi will die, besides Okita has survived that food on his chest (what a horrifying sound that made ) I think he must be close to immortal
Old 2004-04-14, 06:55   Link #564
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
well if they do continue the shinsengumi series here, all members of the shinsengumi will die, besides Okita has survived that food on his chest (what a horrifying sound that made ) I think he must be close to immortal

lol what a cute typo .... the food on his chest
Old 2004-04-22, 15:11   Link #565
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

it has to go further, the story just isnt over, and by the looks of how suzu was in the last ep, newey it will go further

and yes, everyone ( almost ) will die, sigh...susumu..
Old 2004-04-23, 11:21   Link #566
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally, I managed to find an active PMK thread. (Even though the series finished a month ago)

The series is great, it stays true to the manga, except the early appearance of Saito and Sakamoto Ryoma. The necromancer episodes are just pure nonsense, IMHO, just an excuse to raise Saito's profile in the series as an excorcist (described in the manga as well), and gives him something to do, since Saito's not supposed to appear till the sequel. Ryoma is just funny like hell.

Nanae Chrono's Okita is probably the cutest and most feminine Okita I've ever seen. <3 It's not hard to guess that BL fodder exists between him and Hijikata.

The OP and ED are just impressive, for a few days while downloading the series, I'd go "You gonna feel so!" or "HEY JIMMY!!" lol The BGM is also quite enjoyable.

Regarding the Ikedaya scene, Tetsu sliced off Yoshida's right arm, but it was Okita that finished him off. The anime didn't show it clearly, but the manga does, showing Okita slicing Yoshida's head off his body. The anime has toned down in terms of goriness here, hence causing confusion for me and others for a while whether Tetsu killed or not.

The second series, should there be one, would now focus on the downfall of the Shinsengumi, it seems. Especially Hijikata's fallout with Yamanami. And Suzu's revenge on the Shinsengumi.

Manga spoilers below
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-24, 17:50   Link #567
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

in the anime it is tetsu who kills him of, since okita is coughing up blood
Old 2004-04-25, 12:18   Link #568
tenshiro
ex-hitokiri

Send a message via MSN to tenshiro
i finally watched the entire pmk series and was left, hoping to find out what Suzu would do about tetsu killing his master. to my dismay, the last episode did not fulfill my expectations and i'm now interested in knowing what is gonna happen next. suzu sitting in the dark aisle holding the head of her master with the black demonic cat did not leave me with a satisfied feeling that the series actually ended...upon reading up the previous sections of this thread I found out some interesting info, eg this anime being actually historically correct and Suzu resorting to dark magic to deal with the shinsengumi. (the black cat was trying to find an owner you reckon?) It did be interesting to see what other things you guys have mentioned about the downfall of the shinsengumi...

I was wondering where you guys get hold of the sequel manga episodes...really would like to know what happens next. And yes, i Agree with someone who said earlier on that continuing the anime would indeed be too painful, can't imagine okita-sama dying of TB at the age of 27, esp when they portray him in that manner in the anime (well most of the shinsengumi ppl died at a young age xcept saitou and shinpachi who lived till the 19th century if im not wrong)...

i enjoyed PMK thoroughly and i'm unhappy with the fact in ended to abruptly. PMK is virtually the fist samurai flick i've seen among all the other unlicensed anime i've been watching..and i find myself wanting to watch more of this sorta thing...i guess rurouni kenshin is on my list now..

but before that i would like to know a true ending of the PMK anime, so would someone be thoughtful enough to reply with a link to some manga scantalations that are translated to english.
Old 2004-04-25, 12:51   Link #569
tenshiro
ex-hitokiri

and btw i would like to state this, been bugigng me for a while now...

the 3 occasions that were totally left untold...

1) Remember when hijikata was out, and the shinsengumi had an event, a competition where there was running? Well to end that, they were meant to have a battle, well we didn't see any of that.

2) What the heck happened to the gay okita lookalike? He didn't burn with the white faced moron (why was he in the anime in the first place).

3) Remember when Tetsunosuke was forced into the house by Yoshida where he set fire to reenact the menacing nightmares tetsu has?? Yoshida could've easily killed him, but they did not show how that ended..next thing we know tetsunosuke has been petrified and seeked refuge in his measly cupboard.
Old 2004-04-25, 13:20   Link #570
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNick
in the anime it is tetsu who kills him of, since okita is coughing up blood
I disagree, Okita was also coughing up blood in the manga, but still he found the strength to go up and save Tetsu from becoming a demon. He later told Tetsu he needs to keep his promise "of holding a sword to protect, not to kill", and later on, Tetsu made the same promise to Saya. If Tetsu really killed Yoshida, those scenes wouldn't make sense.

Quote:
1) Remember when hijikata was out, and the shinsengumi had an event, a competition where there was running? Well to end that, they were meant to have a battle, well we didn't see any of that.
That's an anime only filler, save the parts where Okita trained with Tetsu, and that "battle" at the end was only a training competition "just for fun".

Quote:
2) What the heck happened to the gay okita lookalike? He didn't burn with the white faced moron (why was he in the anime in the first place).
He's not supposed to be in the anime together with that pathetic moron, they were just there as plot device to give Saito something to do, since Saito's not supposed to appear till the sequel. The most worthless fillers. I wouldn't care less whether fake Okita died or not.

Spoiler:

Quote:
3) Remember when Tetsunosuke was forced into the house by Yoshida where he set fire to reenact the menacing nightmares tetsu has?? Yoshida could've easily killed him, but they did not show how that ended..next thing we know tetsunosuke has been petrified and seeked refuge in his measly cupboard.
In the manga, just when Yoshida was about to finish off poor Tetsu, the people outside started noticing the fire and yelled for help. Yoshida had no choice but to escape. Tatsu had a gut feeling his brother is inside, and poured a bucket of water over himself so he could charge through the fire, there inside he found Tetsu completely petrified. It's not hard to guess that it's Tatsu that carried a devastated Tetsu back.
Old 2004-04-25, 14:36   Link #571
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

i was merely saying it was tetsu, mind you : can you run such a distance with a real painfull hole in your armor while the shards are piercing in your flesh and while you are coughing up blood? throwing could be, but that wouldnt make any sense, i dont remember a samurai throwing his sword ever
Old 2004-04-26, 01:01   Link #572
tenshiro
ex-hitokiri

i read part of the sequel to the anime, and it trully is confusing me.
there was the part in the manga exactly like when tetsu met ryouma for the first time in the anime, him chasing ryoma, then being surrounded by a grp of ppl who tried to capture him..only in the anime all tetsu could do was watch as ryoma owned those guys while in the manga tetsu now wields a katana and does his part in trying to escape from the grasp of those men.

that leaves us a question, if the anime makers of PMK added random parts of the sequel into the anime, they may have intentions never to have a anime sequel...if they had intentions to have one, they would leave the order as it is and not messing up by adding parts of the sequel manga into the anime..

so am i right to say the anime makers ripped part of the sequel and added ryoma in the anime when in fact (originally) he's not meant to be in the anime at all?? i heard someone say this on this thread..
Old 2004-04-26, 04:00   Link #573
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Ok... i'm going to stop reading this thread because if I continue... soon i will start bursting out in tears with the way shinsengumi went down the gutters... anymore mention of BL between Okita and Hijikata will throw me off my rockers.... furthermore..... ok enough ranting...

just to clarify things, Okita killed Yoshida and sliced his head off... rewatch the ep again... things will become clearer

anyway.... whoever mentioned the BL thing... WWWWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! WWWHHHYYYY do u have to put this Okita maniac in soooo muuuccchhhh pain!!!!!!! Curse u!!!!
Old 2004-05-02, 01:33   Link #574
Alchemist

just finished the series..

can anyone PLEASE pm me the link to where I can get the manga? I'm dying here.. I want to know what happens later. maybe if a second season was announced It'd be easier.
Old 2004-05-02, 02:02   Link #575
OshadowO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle

In the manga, just when Yoshida was about to finish off poor Tetsu, the people outside started noticing the fire and yelled for help. Yoshida had no choice but to escape. Tatsu had a gut feeling his brother is inside, and poured a bucket of water over himself so he could charge through the fire, there inside he found Tetsu completely petrified. It's not hard to guess that it's Tatsu that carried a devastated Tetsu back.
Thats not too far off from what happened in the animer. Yoshida finds tetsu hiding in the closet, he's about to kill him but people outside notice the fire and he has to run away.
I suppose its a bit of a stretch because he could've just struck tetsu down before running away but the whole series is filled with similar 'holes' so I guess you just take it in stride. Not saying its a bad anime, I loved it but there were too many glaring errors of the it makes no sense variety in PMK:/
Old 2004-05-03, 04:35   Link #576
Wolfsbane68

Well, at least Yoshida's hesitation can be explained away by Suzu's obvious distress. The other blunders were prolly the result of transplanting parts from the PMK manga .
Old 2004-05-04, 02:42   Link #577
OkitaSoshiX

In real life Okita dies of Tuberculosis. That's the blood coughing up thing. So yeah if the series continued he would die in a Japanese hospital. Not on the battlefield in a glorious battle. Sorry but uh...you had to know eventually.

(If somebody posted this earlier in the thread sorry but i didn't read the whole thing)
Old 2004-08-28, 09:17   Link #578
Shinobi_Mitsuki
apprentice ninja

Hmm yeah not many people enjoy this anime but I LOVE IT.

I LOVE anything Shinsengumi. Anything Okita-like is fine with me too i.e Soujiro of RK, Haku of Naruto, Sanada Yukimura of Samurai Deeper Kyo, Killua of Hunter X Hunter yada yada yada. Sometimes I wonder if the real Okita is as fine as they make him out to be.

PMK might not be the best anime Japan has to offer but I find most part of the series so funny, especially when it comes to those 3 Comedians: Shinpachi, Heisuke and Sanosuke. Yamanami can be so hilarious too.

Come to think of it, I think the girls would enjoy PMK more than the fellas because the male characters are so handsomely drawn hehe, not to mention cooooool
Old 2004-11-05, 05:54   Link #579
Sephiroth Masamune
Genius Swordsman

PMK totally Rules, its my favourite anime at the moment. I'd also love to get my hands on the manga's and the sequel mangas to see the stuff that happens later, if someone has a link to DL it it would be a great help
Old 2004-11-05, 09:00   Link #580
Wolfsbane68

I recently rewatched PMK while skipping over the bits they transplanted from the PMK manga (yes, even Saitou got sacrificed). Damn, it could have been a killer 13-episode series
Closed Thread