AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - DVD/BD Bonus Episode Rating
Perfect 10 29 36.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.53%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-31, 04:06   Link #61
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I gave it 7/10 ... to be honest I was not expecting the level of craziness and humor the episode "cranked out", and thought some of it was "over the top", but must admit that I literally laughed at loud at about 85% of the humor - possibly due to my not expecting them to all behave like that en masse....
Old 2010-12-31, 05:46   Link #62
Risies

This episode was really hopeless. These shouting and high tension wasn't funny at all, just stupid. As a big fan of the series, I am really disappointed.
Old 2011-01-01, 04:14   Link #63
Traece
:cool:

Honestly, I thought this was funnier than most of the series combined. When this all started I didn't expect a whole lot, but when they started screaming and started near-missing decapitations with enthusiastic halberd swings I realized that this was going to end up making my stomach hurt. It did. Having the "tension" meter there was genius, and was a perfectly placed cherry on top of this amazingly well-made episode. I hope that there's more but I doubt we'll see much.
Old 2011-01-01, 04:22   Link #64
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Honestly, I thought this was funnier than most of the series combined. When this all started I didn't expect a whole lot, but when they started screaming and started near-missing decapitations with enthusiastic halberd swings I realized that this was going to end up making my stomach hurt. It did. Having the "tension" meter there was genius, and was a perfectly placed cherry on top of this amazingly well-made episode. I hope that there's more but I doubt we'll see much.
If they even made more of this, I don't think my stomach will be able to handle them
Old 2011-01-01, 09:55   Link #65
klare

The Stairway to Heaven
- very funny indeed, i think it is one of the funniest eps of AB

Another Epilogue
- i guess Otonashi does have the option of staying and wait for Kanade, while helping newcomers to move on
- but i prefer the original ending of eps 13
Old 2011-01-02, 06:11   Link #66
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
The Stairway to Heaven
- very funny indeed, i think it is one of the funniest eps of AB

Another Epilogue
- i guess Otonashi does have the option of staying and wait for Kanade, while helping newcomers to move on
- but i prefer the original ending of eps 13
It would be awkward if Otonashi became the new "Angel" and there was a new form of group that started to band against him but will still be ironic of course. But with an ending like this, there does seem to be no continuation for it.
Old 2011-01-02, 06:42   Link #67
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Stairway to Heaven was absolutely hilarious. Everyone going absolute bonkers and in the end, it still didn't matter, as they were all starved to death anyway. Cue Yurippe's villain laugh. I swear, if Kanade was an Angel, then Yuri could very well have been the Devil.

Another Epilogue was disappointing. Could've known they wouldn't show us anything past what we already saw, yet I didn't see this coming regardless.
Old 2011-01-03, 14:21   Link #68
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Stairway to Heaven was absolutely hilarious. Everyone going absolute bonkers and in the end, it still didn't matter, as they were all starved to death anyway. Cue Yurippe's villain laugh. I swear, if Kanade was an Angel, then Yuri could very well have been the Devil.
Maybe that was what they were trying to imply between the relationship between Kanade and Yuri, but we probably never saw it till now Yuri "said-devil" getting all the dead to face against the "said-angel" Kanade.
Old 2011-01-04, 23:37   Link #69
GreatTeacherKen

While I do think the episode got a bit repetitive in the middle, it was for the most part a pretty amusing BAD END; Yurippe's quite good at playing the villain.

The best moment was definitely Shiina suddenly yelling "Cute!" in English, which turned out to be the highest tension moment in the episode.
Old 2011-01-05, 18:03   Link #70
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
While I do think the episode got a bit repetitive in the middle, it was for the most part a pretty amusing BAD END; Yurippe's quite good at playing the villain.

The best moment was definitely Shiina suddenly yelling "Cute!" in English, which turned out to be the highest tension moment in the episode.
Shiina yelling "Cute" got people wondering what was on the meter, and this is what came up.

Spoiler for Over 9,000!!!!!!:
Old 2011-01-06, 20:17   Link #71
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Another Epilogue...eh. Short, but I guess it just made a bit more sense, and teased a sequel. Not much else. lol.
Old 2011-01-10, 04:16   Link #72
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

This episode made me laugh especially with all the yelling xD

I just finished Another Epilogue I wonder what Otonashi was saying to that other guy?? I was hoping for it to be a whole episode and not just 3 minutes, but meh it was pretty interesting though.

Old 2011-01-13, 21:39   Link #73
MYVJunki

It was kind of incoherent how they back tracked, but I think it was simply great for all the make up and of the laughs and comedic aspects of the anime after the emotional ending.
Old 2011-01-17, 20:53   Link #74
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

I think it was one of the best episodes, it was really funny. I loved the "cute over 9000" part and the section where Yuri and Yusa act like news reporters, so cute!
Old 2011-01-29, 22:52   Link #75
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Badass Otonashi is gonna choke the emo out of you. Hell yes.

I never really bought into the "moving on is happy end" theme. My sentiments were more along the lines of "Screw this sappy getting over your regrets and vanishing into the unknown, I wanna be an immortal Protoss warrior too!", so I guess the whole point of the series went way over my head. This bittersweet "waiting alone" epilogue (which can fit without problems into the main ending) appeals to me much more than just stopping at the broadcast end. Painfully, painfully short epilogue, but I liked it.
Old 2011-10-18, 08:21   Link #76
InTheHeadx3

HIGH TENSIONNNN!!!!!!!!!!
I did it at school and the teacher had the best reaction.
EPIC STUDYING FTW!
Closed Thread