AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 21:21   Link #781
NewtypeEXE

This anime and the latest episode have been quite enjoyable. Makoto is just awesome, from fighting off the Yakuza and to winning the Olympics for 765 Pro, she is fun to watch.
Old 2011-09-11, 21:44   Link #782
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Here's my attempt at a fair answer, friend. I've had a run in or two with the games but nothing serious before. To begin with, it's definitely worth getting into. When entering, I'd leave the idea of one "main character" to begin with. Each episode will somewhat revolve around a certain character, who then ends up singing the ending song, generally. There's a LOT of characters yes, but each of them is unique enough that you'll learn the names. I didn't think I could at first either.

Characters do have some traits in which you could call "stereotypical", but that's unavoidable in anime, after all. The focus of the show is surprisingly interesting- overall it focuses as a slice-of-life style with the idols of 765 and their team stepping into the big business, and portraying their troubles along the way. In between, there are insert songs and OP/EDs that IDOLM@STER is well known for. The animation style is bright, and it's a little mix of comedy, music and slice-of-life that works quite well.

It's still airing so I don't know about the drama and the romance, but that really shouldn't fully turn you away to begin with. But just for an answer's sake, there hasn't been anything that would trouble you until this point. As an early warning, don't drop it after the first episode. In order to follow the tradition of how the games work, the first episode runs in the style of the games, as an introduction. Give it a fair chance until the newest episode 10; if you still don't like it then it's probably not for you.

Just as a simple conclusion, this show is very enjoyable. With many famous seiyuus and a HUGE collection of nice music to accompany them, IM@S is something to look forward to each week- you don't know anything about what's going to happen. Give it a shot, hmm? It's surprisingly deep for a series that's about an idol group trying to make it big.
Wow. This is a real 5-star reply. Thanks for the heads-up. I actually like drama and romance if it's incorporated well enough. And I don't drop anime that quickly, in fact I barely drop them at all.

In conclusion, I'll watch this anime, because it sounds like fun. Thanks for everything! And have a cookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
In regards to drama, there has been almost nothing at this point beyond episodic, character development-related drama.
I've seen this type of drama done well before so I might like this.

Quote:
Also, I kinda want to mention that you shouldn't expect the series or the girls to be focused on music. It's more focused on things like public showings, so it incorporates things like TV debuts and live shows.
Thanks for telling me.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 00:47   Link #783
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Don't worry about it, anything to get more people watching good shows, you know?

If you watch it and like it, I suggest looking into all the music from the games/anime(s). Xenoglossia was laughingly bad (well, in my opinion) but it had some great music. Even after filtering out songs I'd only listen to over and over, I ended up with 82. O.O

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-09-12 at 14:06.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 09:58   Link #784
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Enjoyed ep 10 ... 7/10 vote from me. Back to the normal everyday life of the 765 idols.

As another poster has mentioned though, I also became indignant when Yayoi got verbally sniped, and the later scene with her crying was painful to watch.

She's my favorite, so no surprises there, but I was a little surprised to see how physically small she was. She really is a tiny girl - it was hard to tell previously (or maybe I never noticed?) with her wearing her "baggy" clothing.

Such a tiny girl and she shoulders so much responsibility at home.... *sigh* I think she's a great character.
Old 2011-09-12, 10:31   Link #785
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Interview with Haruka and Chihaya's VAs.

Old 2011-09-12, 14:09   Link #786
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I always imagine the characters' faces when they're talking rofl.

I wish I knew wtf they were saying though.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 16:28   Link #787
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

You know ... I have been thinking (yes, yes - I know, heaven forefend), and I was wondering about the possibility of iM@S having its own subforum.

There are plenty of characters in the show that could each deserve their own thread, plenty of eps, and plenty of side threads - like video related threads, image related threads, comparison to the game threads, etc.

It may be way too late in the game to do something like this, but it was just a thought.... I often find myself backpedaling and having difficulty finding things in the thread.
Old 2011-09-12, 17:35   Link #788
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It's never too late, but I don't think it'll happen. iM@S doesn't have near the same amount of discussion as shows like Penguindrum. Honestly, if we get a subforum, I'm afraid it'd be really empty. A lot of shows are like that.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 17:36   Link #789
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's never too late, but I don't think it'll happen. iM@S doesn't have near the same amount of discussion as shows like Penguindrum. Honestly, if we get a subforum, I'm afraid it'd be really empty. A lot of shows are like that.
I blame ScamcoBandai.
Old 2011-09-12, 17:40   Link #790
Midonin
Last Engage

Subforum, thread, whatever. The content is more important than the presentation.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 17:41   Link #791
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Just kinda hard to talk about anything other than the anime in here without getting in trouble, y'know?
Old 2011-09-12, 17:42   Link #792
Midonin
Last Engage

Not too difficult to start up a relevant thread to another aspect of the franchise in the appropriate forum.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 17:56   Link #793
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Well, that be true.

More on topic, looks like Makoto will probably get the spotlight in Episode 11. Wonder what the story and insert/ED songs will be like.
Old 2011-09-12, 17:59   Link #794
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Makoto seems to have gotten a lot of attention in the past few eps ... first Iori, now Makoto.
Old 2011-09-12, 18:04   Link #795
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

And I'm lovin it.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 18:12   Link #796
jcdietz03

I was thinking about an external survey of "who is your favorite character" around the halfway mark. With so many characters, I think it's one of the most interesting questions you could ask about the show.

An external survey could be done even in thread mode like this.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 00:02   Link #797
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Christ seeing Yayoi sad in this episode just pained me. Damn.

It all worked out, but shit did I ever feel sorry for the gal, you know? Poor thing.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 01:57   Link #798
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Christ seeing Yayoi sad in this episode just pained me. Damn.

It all worked out, but shit did I ever feel sorry for the gal, you know? Poor thing.
No question about that. It helps that she's just about the nicest and most hard-working, down to earth girl you'll ever see. Not a pleasant thing to see her get bullied, but at least it made the pay-off in the end all the more sweet.

Though there are a lot of great contenders, Yayoi is without a doubt my favorite. Her motivation and personality just makes me melt.
Old 2011-09-13, 02:05   Link #799
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Those Futami twins or Iori would probably win my vote, but it's agreed that Yayoi is just too sweet to be bullied. Despite being an idol she has to be the caretaker at home and eats as cheaply as possible to help the parents out. I want you to find a decent amount of celebrities who care that much alongside their career.
Old 2011-09-13, 08:25   Link #800
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

My favourite is Mami. I don't really like Ami for some reason.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s