5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-10, 13:17   Link #41
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Ths anime is bonkers but it fun series to watch hopefully stuff start making sense because i was kind of lost on somethings. Its funny that sunrise both have tomeino and the man who work on gundam seed both having two mecha shows on at the same time, I guess I think if one of the shows don't bring in money the other will.
Old 2014-10-10, 14:30   Link #42
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
Easy excuse for Kunba to invoke a war with Ameria.
Hmm, maybe the Capital Army did used a tracking device so the next episode
will make sense. So far Lalaiya is the most vulnerable one so I bet someone
put a tracker onto her. Unfortunately Bururi was having a washroom break
so all 4 people were distracted.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 14:40   Link #43
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Another fun exciting episode. Klim Nick looks like he's going to be an over the top character, so assured in his ways till he's BTFO That said, the Montero had an excellent debut, can't till to see more.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 16:04   Link #44
Irenesharda

So since the space pirates are officially recognized by Ameria, are they basically acting as privateers for them? Most of their people seem to be Amerian as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 16:28   Link #45
Skye629

Thats it, Im only gonna be watching the show for now on for its nonsense and the MS (until the plot and logic takes a turn for the better)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 16:29   Link #46
monster

Well, Tomino did say this was (also?) for kids, right? (Does that include a potty reference?)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 18:55   Link #47
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yea, 20s and above need not apply
Old 2014-10-10, 18:57   Link #48
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Yea, 20s and above need not apply
Why not exactly? Honestly I just think the show has a sense of humor which I'm 100% fine with. I really think people made a huge mistake when they figured this series was going to be a typical war story setup that takes it's 100% completely deathly seriously at all times because to me it was clear right from the promo art that this isn't what this series was going to be about. Gundam can be about things other than just the whole Earth vs. The Colonies setup after all and I'm glad to see it mixing it up a bit more lately since AGE. Hell really the only two Gundam TV series that have followed that traditional U.C sort of setup have been among my least favorite lately in Seed and AGE. Even X didn't really follow that sort of setup and opted for it's own thing.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 19:12   Link #49
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dude that's straight out of Tomino's mouth, not mine

Besides, I'm way over 20 anyway
Old 2014-10-10, 19:23   Link #50
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Dude that's straight out of Tomino's mouth, not mine

Besides, I'm way over 20 anyway
Oh you were talking about his whole thing where he basically said adults shouldn't watch the show. I was wondering if he was making sort of a tongue in cheek reference to the likelihood that the show will probably be very critical of the failings of older generations. That tends to be a running theme in a lot of his works about the older generations are holding back the potential of the future ones by imposing strict and oppressive rules on them and denying them real opportunities (something I have to agree is a world wide policy epidemic that really needs to be changed) rather than just letting the younger generations find it's own course and being free to reject some of the conservative attitudes of the past. In particular he went through the post-war period of Japan first hand and clearly has no desire for something like that time period to ever be revisited in Japan or for people to make the same mistakes that would lead to future generations having to suffer what he did. I don't know whether people follow Japanese politics but the country is sort of at a turning point right now that has a lot of people from Tomino's generation kind of up in arms since there's a strong push to rescind the laws that forbid Japan from having an army. If I recall Miyazaki had a lot to say about that too and I think The Wind Rises is part of a collective response to that.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 22:02   Link #51
suiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
Oh you were talking about his whole thing where he basically said adults shouldn't watch the show. I was wondering if he was making sort of a tongue in cheek reference to the likelihood that the show will probably be very critical of the failings of older generations. That tends to be a running theme in a lot of his works about the older generations are holding back the potential of the future ones by imposing strict and oppressive rules on them and denying them real opportunities (something I have to agree is a world wide policy epidemic that really needs to be changed) rather than just letting the younger generations find it's own course and being free to reject some of the conservative attitudes of the past. In particular he went through the post-war period of Japan first hand and clearly has no desire for something like that time period to ever be revisited in Japan or for people to make the same mistakes that would lead to future generations having to suffer what he did. I don't know whether people follow Japanese politics but the country is sort of at a turning point right now that has a lot of people from Tomino's generation kind of up in arms since there's a strong push to rescind the laws that forbid Japan from having an army. If I recall Miyazaki had a lot to say about that too and I think The Wind Rises is part of a collective response to that.
It's obvious that Tomino's statement was pointed out to hardcore UC fans or just fans of the theme that refused to forget the war aspect of the franchise. By the looks of this series, Tomino is actually going against the flow. GBF is aimed towards the mainstream audience while G-Reco is trying to be artistic (I don't know how to describe it). Him and Miyazaki are known for having a great dislike for modern animation because of the corrupted culture it depicts.

My thoughts on episode 3:

- Scratching my head on how easygoing the soldiers are in times of emergency.
- It's obvious that the director intentionally let Aida loose. He's hiding something on his sleeve.
- Bellri, you sneaky bastard. Grabbing Noredo's ass like that
- Toilet seat on the cockpit, seriously?!
- If the above is not yet insane, then I don't know if taking a dump with 3 girls inside is.

This decades series so far (aside from age) are in terms of 90's titles in terms of light-heartedness. Things might go insane in this series though.
suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 04:56   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Thats it, Im only gonna be watching the show for now on for its nonsense and the MS (until the plot and logic takes a turn for the better)
Slapstick joke like that have been a part of Tomino's Gundam series and become more prominent in some entries like ZZ, V, Turn-A etc. I guess, a few reminders won't hurt:

The iconic Zeta Gundam doing jab!jab! and punch!punch! kung-fu moves!

Mashimre "Rider Kick"-ing Judau in the nuts (ouch)

This pic speaks for itself

Bright's 'rape-face' when he's lusting over a chicken (For food of course. He's not into that kinda thing )

The above are only few examples of Tomino's taste of slapstick humor throughout the Gundam franchise. For me, it's fine and helps lighten up the mood and gives me a few chuckles if nothing else .
Old 2014-10-11, 05:08   Link #53
suiken

ZZ was known for it's heavy slapstick humor and it was getting silly so they decide to tone it down in the 2nd half. While silly, it's not as weird as the G-Reco. G-Reco have both silliness and weirdness on the top level and I don't think it's a bad thing.

Watch the french animated film called "Fantastic Planet". You will see how weird that movie was (This is not a comedy film though) and it's a good movie.
suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 05:20   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiken View Post
While silly, it's not as weird as the G-Reco. G-Reco have both silliness and weirdness on the top level and I don't think it's a bad thing.
Well, yeah, I agree.

My post above is just to inform the newcomers and remind everyone else that slapstick humor (to a certain degree) have been a part of Tomino's series. Knowing that, I hope no-one will be ignorant enough to think or say things like "This silly slapstick jokes have no place in Gundam franchise" .
Old 2014-10-11, 11:41   Link #55
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol, this shit is so random...

...but I love it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 12:24   Link #56
Thess

This episode was hilarious. I missed Tomino's insanity and random antics so much. I've missed the slapstick humor in my mecha.

Keeping my eyes open for the conspiracy and for certain someone to wear a mask.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 16:16   Link #57
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

I thought both these things were great.
Old 2014-10-11, 16:45   Link #58
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I thought both these things were great.
Dont get me wrong, I like them, but stuff like this is really throwing me off my game as to how to approach viewing this series
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 17:25   Link #59
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Just view it as an action comedy. That's what I'm doing.
Old 2014-10-11, 23:43   Link #60
fr3@ky_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiken View Post
It's obvious that Tomino's statement was pointed out to hardcore UC fans or just fans of the theme that refused to forget the war aspect of the franchise. By the looks of this series, Tomino is actually going against the flow. GBF is aimed towards the mainstream audience while G-Reco is trying to be artistic (I don't know how to describe it). Him and Miyazaki are known for having a great dislike for modern animation because of the corrupted culture it depicts.

My thoughts on episode 3:

- Scratching my head on how easygoing the soldiers are in times of emergency.
- It's obvious that the director intentionally let Aida loose. He's hiding something on his sleeve.
- Bellri, you sneaky bastard. Grabbing Noredo's ass like that
- Toilet seat on the cockpit, seriously?!
- If the above is not yet insane, then I don't know if taking a dump with 3 girls inside is.

This decades series so far (aside from age) are in terms of 90's titles in terms of light-heartedness. Things might go insane in this series though.
In fairness I recall a Russian fighter bomber that did have a toilet: SU-34 ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-34

Speaking of creature comforts on a war machine....Since 1945, all British tanks have come equipped with tea making facilities ==> http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearne...nks_have_come/

But honestly, when I first saw the toilet set....I really went like.......
fr3@ky_g is offline   Reply With Quote