AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-07, 09:01   Link #421
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Me too, but I suppose that is what fanfic is for.

I discussed in my comments at Memento what I thought might be possible
for a future spinoff.

To me it would seem unlikely that she'd focus the spinoff on Takemoto
but you can never tell with this mangaka so here's my ideas of what
might be possible:

Spoiler:

Those are my ideas anyway, not really spoilers but I tend to go on a bit
so made it possible to ignore them as you'd like.

My other idea regarding this series is now that the end of college life
has hit the characters square in the face we're now going to see how
they adapt to real life - which ones we see is open to question.

My feeling is that now that Umino Chika is post-college aged that's
what she'll look at next. At least, I suspect she is.
Old 2006-08-07, 09:12   Link #422
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
What does she say? I've been meaning to ask since I cannot read what is at her page due to my limited non-english skills.
The four bears (l-r) lead to (1) her blog; (2) a page with news about her various projects (this has a log-in so PR people from the projects can post things, like the release of vol. 9 of the manga, an interview with the actress who plays Hagu in the movie, etc.); (3) the anime official site; (4) the movie official site. Below that are news items about the release of vol. 9 on 7/14; a "road show" with members of the movie cast; and the start of the anime on 6/29. Below that are links to her publisher's site so you can buy the manga volumes.

The most recent entry in her blog is about appearing on Takahashi Mikako's (Ayu's seiyuu) internet radio show for the second time, with Sugita Tomokazu (Mayama) and Kamiya Hiroshi (Takemoto). She's impressed that it's Mikako's 266th show. It will be the show that's posted Thursday of this week at this address. Here's hoping she posts a picture of Umino-sensei, but so far Umino-sensei seems to have kept her face off the web. In the pic that's there now, Mikako is on the right. She says that Sugita and Kamiya are crazy and do some cute schtick based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms. She also says the three are like her close friends. She says the Hachikuro display at LaForet (a department store in Tokyo, I believe) will end at 5 pm Wednesday.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 15:36   Link #423
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The most recent entry in her blog is about appearing on Takahashi Mikako's (Ayu's seiyuu) internet radio show for the second time, with Sugita Tomokazu (Mayama) and Kamiya Hiroshi (Takemoto). She's impressed that it's Mikako's 266th show. It will be the show that's posted Thursday of this week at this address. Here's hoping she posts a picture of Umino-sensei, but so far Umino-sensei seems to have kept her face off the web. In the pic that's there now, Mikako is on the right. She says that Sugita and Kamiya are crazy and do some cute schtick based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms. She also says the three are like her close friends. She says the Hachikuro display at LaForet (a department store in Tokyo, I believe) will end at 5 pm Wednesday.
Reading your post, I just realized Mayama is Kyon. ... WHAT?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 19:23   Link #424
Zappster

Can't believe it's taken this long to click with you. As soon as I heard him talk in ep 1 of Haruhi I knew it was Sugita Tomokazu(didn't know the name at the time but I knew it was Mayama's VA)
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 19:40   Link #425
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Kyon and Mayama are gods. I love them both now.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:17   Link #426
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Reading your post, I just realized Mayama is Kyon. ... WHAT?
You didn't know that Mayama = Kyon = Rin.
Old 2006-08-08, 03:34   Link #427
Ensign Shiro Amada
Kopitar's Herald

Haha same voice, same character. He really knows how to pull off the dry-humored, cool under the collar role.
Ensign Shiro Amada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 04:02   Link #428
tritoch

Hmmm.. In case some of you are wondering about the sub delays its because of: Otakon..

Maybe they're resting right now as we speak =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 06:29   Link #429
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I saw the pictures - it looks like they had too much fun there.
Old 2006-08-08, 11:59   Link #430
EclipseZeta
Solar Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
I saw the pictures - it looks like they had too much fun there.
Blasphemy! We were working on subbing the show all weekend at Otakon! :P

Or maybe we had some drinks... or two... or twenty...

But ep 6 from Solar-IDE is out now, so enjoy.
EclipseZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 12:11   Link #431
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

ZOMG YOU WEREN'T!

Thanks for the episode. I stayed up late just to start this download.
Old 2006-08-08, 14:02   Link #432
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh well, I still haven't gotten on track with many of my anime. So as it stands, I'm waiting for the HD versions
Old 2006-08-08, 15:18   Link #433
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 6
Hahaha now we know from where Morita got his wacky personality: His father! I’m in love with him even though he only appeared for 5 minutes.

Hagu thought of Shuu-chan as a lover? Or just a supporter? It surprised me a bit. However, I was thankful that she didn’t think of Takemoto because I’m a Hagu x Morita fan.

But nooo I don’t want Morita to leave Hagu! Now I’m more leaning toward the ending of them all being alone. Especially since I believe there was some “fore-shadowing” regarding who’s gonna couple with whom during the song haha.

Maybe I’m too sentimental, but at the end of the episode when Takemoto said “In the end we didn’t go to the ocean” my heart ached and my eyes actually got teary. I shivered when he was talking about the image being burnt in their mind, while we see them all happy on the ocean. In the end we all have to “split”…

Now I’m feeling all bitter-sweet-mixed-up.
Old 2006-08-08, 16:23   Link #434
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Yea when he said that they didn't go it made me sad. I'm also going through a time where I have to leave a lot of my friends behind so it I could relate heavily to what Takemoto is going through.

It was kinda sad that when they wanted to go to the beach Yamada started counting everyone, even though they weren't all there. It shows how close they all used to be, and how far apart they have become.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 17:28   Link #435
kauldron26
Med Student

wow... i think honey and clover II is the deepest anime i have ever seen... how can 20 minutes affect my entire life so??

God Bless whoever it is that created and conceptualized these characters and the words and emotions that flow through them.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 17:51   Link #436
tritoch

I cried the hardest this episode. I really miss my friends back in my hometown. I never really gave them a proper goodbye when I left. Very familiar to how this episode went.

When Morita and Shuu were talking it felt real in respect to life in school and after school. All of us mesh together in school but when we graduate, all of us have our own paths to follow and we might never cross paths with each other and that really feels sad.

Oh btw, Hagu looks soooooo pretty this episode its killer.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 17:55   Link #437
kauldron26
Med Student

i have to agree... for the first time, i saw Hagu as a woman, and a fine woman at that... how she looked when in contemplation was just overwhelming...
Old 2006-08-08, 18:12   Link #438
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

For five straight episodes I've sniffled AT LEAST ... man, I must have my manliness back.
Old 2006-08-08, 18:36   Link #439
kauldron26
Med Student

Physics, i replied to the whole "manliness" thing on ur blog... understanding and indulging in emotions does not affect nor depict manliness. I played football for 4 yrs in high school, i bench-press over 300 pounds but i quit all that shit because of pre-med during college (though i hate it). yet one of my favorite movies is The English Patient, and all my favorite animes, deal with intense love stories (besides SEED and Champloo tho episode 11 was very romantic and deep). Planet ES, has to be the best told love story.
Because u love romance and u react to emotions ( the concept of love) that even Einstein was confounded by, does not make u lose ur manliness.

top 10

1. Cowboy Bebop / Wolf’s Rain (tie)
2. Berserk
3. Planet ES
4. Basilisk
5. Gankutsuou
6. Rahxephon
7. Samurai Champloo
8. Gundam Seed
9. Gungrave
10. Tsukihime

Last edited by kauldron26; 2006-08-08 at 19:14.
Old 2006-08-08, 19:17   Link #440
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Ah, theres nothing like Honey and Clover II episode to start the day

Spoiler for Views:
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance