AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-03-06, 03:31   Link #41
Jaden

Huh, I thought that Yukito is Ruuya's descendant.
Ruuya wasn't able to get rid of Kanna's curse and didn't have much life left himself, so he made babies with...uh, forgot name...Kanna's teacher anyway. And she would teach their children magic in hopes that they find a way to decurse Kanna.
And finally there's Yukito, but his mother dies before teaching him much. And then there's probably the last chance for the curse to be lifted but Yukito is powerless against it. So it's quite a sad ending, no?
Old 2007-03-07, 05:25   Link #42
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Yukito's mother died (or let's just say disappeared) because she sealed her unfulfilled wish into the puppet (that was passed down from Uraha, Kanna's maid) and Yukito did the same thing. He sacrificed his human body and used the powers sealed inside the puppet to awaken Misuzu from her fatel sleep (see ep7 at last 5 minutes) and gave her more time to spend with her mother.

Misuzu gained happy memories and when she died, she took them back to Kanna. This caused the curse to be lifted and Kannas soul was once agained reincarnated (the little girl with blue hair at the end).

If you want to conclude that yourself, go dig the Q&A topic.
Old 2007-03-07, 18:42   Link #43
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
Yukito's mother died (or let's just say disappeared) because she sealed her unfulfilled wish into the puppet (that was passed down from Uraha, Kanna's maid) and Yukito did the same thing. He sacrificed his human body and used the powers sealed inside the puppet to awaken Misuzu from her fatel sleep (see ep7 at last 5 minutes) and gave her more time to spend with her mother.

Misuzu gained happy memories and when she died, she took them back to Kanna. This caused the curse to be lifted and Kannas soul was once agained reincarnated (the little girl with blue hair at the end).

If you want to conclude that yourself, go dig the Q&A topic.
There's two curses. One that makes her unable to have friends lest she and her friend both die, and the curse that's making her reincarnate into bodies that are too small for her soul. Only the curse that kept her from making friends was broken. That's why Sora flies away at the end in search of Kanna.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 14:59   Link #44
Ahiru77
あひる

The ending was really sad....i mean REALLY sad ^_^''....but still BBM takes the crown on sadness.

Misuzu shouldn''t have died....
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 03:48   Link #45
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
Only the curse that kept her from making friends was broken
This is actually debatable, judging from the materials from the game. The anime didn't make it clear enough I think, mentioned at several points but not enough to leave an impression.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 04:27   Link #46
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
I think Yukito became a crow because he was too close to Misuzu as a human - if he stayed by her side any longer, she would perish, but as a crow, he could still watch over her and fulfill his mission, since Misuzu is the container for Kanna's apparently ocean sized soul.

I agree maybe the two kids are a "clean" reincarnation, without a curse. Or maybe they're just random kids who symbolize the whole summer romance theme. I dunno...still very disappointed with a show that had such lovely visuals, music and interesting plot, but such flat, poorly written characters.
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:58   Link #47
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Not sure of the kids being the clean reincarnation, but I think the curse was broken.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 09:23   Link #48
fairy_mouse

But do you guys really thinks that Misuzu has to die, I think the ending somehow too cruel, I have watched this anime series for many times (more than 10, I gues...) but I really link the scene when Misuzu was supposed to flew in front of the ocean with her hands.

@Rei: Which anime that your signature is? Can you introduce me to your favourite?
fairy_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 06:31   Link #49
nihaha

hmm...guess we have to play the game ver to find out more about the ending..
the two children should be the reincarnation of mizusu & yukito without the curse.
since the little girl(reincarnated mizusu) can now be friend with peoples.
nihaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 07:18   Link #50
A_AQUARE

I gotta ask how many ver are there 2 air i got 2 diff ones wit one storyline my bro bought cause he thought its diff(not ova)
A_AQUARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 23:06   Link #51
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Two (three) anime adaptations - Air TV, and Air the Movie. They are both based off the same source material, but are different in adaptation and plot.

There's also the Air in Summer OVAs, but they're an extension of Air TV. So two.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-04-16, 08:42   Link #52
A_AQUARE

thanks doll..... that clears eveythin..
A_AQUARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 12:18   Link #53
Black Eye

the show is great as well as it's ending although it was a very sad one *couldn't stop my tears*

hmm so the two children were the reincarnation of mizusu & yukito without the curse ?!
Black Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 12:45   Link #54
Maritime
Oceanic

Misuzu is the reincarnation of Kanna, it's mentioned in the anime that Kanna was cursed to be reborn over and over again in a human body only to suffer and eventually die without ever knowing happiness. It's also stated that the reincarnations would die young as "the soul of a winged being is too much for a human body to contain".

Yukito is a descendant of Ryūya and Uraha, that explains the whole "story passed down from parent to child" speech we heard Yukito's mother explain to a young Yukito. This was confirmed at the end of the Feudal-era episode in which Uraha agrees to have a child with Ryūya in the hopes that someday their family would find a way to break the curse.

Yukito became Sora after his plea for a "second chance" to save Misuzu, my theory is that gave his life and the power contained within the puppet to finally break the reincarnation curse, however, that couldn't prevent Misuzu's death due to the "winged beings soul in a human body" factor.

The identities of children at the end are, I believe, Kanna and Ryūya finally living their lives together as normal human children.
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 17:09   Link #55
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy_mouse
But do you guys really thinks that Misuzu has to die, I think the ending somehow too cruel
Well I think her death scene (aozora) was rather beautiful and very touching. Yes, it too cruel and every time I see it I start crying no matter what. But her death was an essential part in breaking Kanna's curse, so it was inevitable. Think of it this way and this cruel ending would turn into a beautiful ending (bittersweet yes, but not sad). Or so I think~
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy_mouse
I have watched this anime series for many times (more than 10, I gues...)
Dear friend a salute you, finally another person who enjoys watching the show over and over again. For me I watched it 16 times (and cried 16 times each time I watch aozora scene) and hopefully the 17th time is next week.
Old 2007-04-20, 07:25   Link #56
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Spending the past two months doing nothing but going through the AIR visual novel and the Kyo-Ani anime, I must say I'm very impressed with the intricate storyline.

Though it's a pity it's only 12 episodes, it's amazing that Kyo-Ani manages to compress the moving story in such a short timeframe without missing anything important, though the pace is a bit fast.

Before seeing the ending, I never knew reincarnation isn't constrained by time, Yukito being the best example, he "died" on July 31st (date in the game) and "reappeared" as Sora sometime before July 16th, when Misuzu adopted him, and the next day, he came across his former incarnation. If the speculation of the people before me are correct, then the boy and girl in the ending are the reincarnations of Ryuuya/Yukito and Kanna/Misuzu.

The boy prophetically saying "Goodbye" to the current Yukito and Misuzu seems to imply that the boy somehow preserves some of the "memories" of past lives.

Yukito has got to be the coolest bishoujo game protagonist ever since the genre began, Kanon's Yuuichi (even without Sugita's perceived "Kyon-ish" influence) comes a close second.

Concerning his "death" and "re-birth" as Sora, while some may see it as a pity that he'll have to live the rest of his life as a crow, I think otherwise. Normally when you re-incarnate, the memories of your past life are wiped out, meaning Sora genuinely believes he is a crow, nothing more, nothing less.

Due to Yukito and his ancestors' powers, all the way from Uraha, and accumulated in the near thousand-year-old doll, Sora is able to re-call Yukito's memories at the right place and right time in order to accomplish the task his mother entrusted him (to "save" Kanna/Misuzu), after that, he becomes the crow Sora once again, losing all of Yukito's memories.

This is evident in the game's narrative, Sora calls himself "Boku". When he returned as Yukito, the narrative switched to Yukito's usual "Ore". After reassuring Misuzu that he'll always be with her, he loses his memories and the narrative reverts back to using "Boku" again.

I'm going to have to re-watch this just to see how many times Sora appears before his previous incarnation.

While the narrator for the AIR arc is Sora/Yukito, unlike Yukito and Ryuuya in the Dream and Summer Arcs, by being a crow, Sora takes on a more or less observer role, while the protagonist role would be passed on to Haruko, whose development from seeming cold, uncaring aunt to passionate young mother is just amazing. Hisakawa Aya's performance only serves to strengthen her strong personality.

(When I first heard Hisakawa doing her Kansai-ben on Haruko, I thought I was watching Cardcaptor Sakura all over again. )

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-04-20 at 07:40.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 10:49   Link #57
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Seeing the two AIR in Summer OVAs has further convinces me of the theory that the boy and girl at the ending of the AIR arc is the reincarnation of Ryuuya/Yukito and Kanna/Misuzu. The ending animation in the credits by Kyo-Ani seems to suggest it, as it shows Kanna holding hands with Ryuuya, much like how the boy and girl did in the ending and in the logo of the series itself.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 08:15   Link #58
Wuya

I first saw an AMV of this anime, and got curious on the plot..

i watched the movie first, and if i had the complete set, i would have prefered movie>>>anime>>>game since each reveals more (though game is impossible for me to read so no point for now, sadly no translations/english verison).

the movie was sad, and i thought the anime would answer more questions (not from the movie, but i got preview of plot from reviews and stuff).

it ended up with more sadness and questions than before i watched the anime.. but wow.
i really liked the anime for the addtional story of the other girls, sadly they did not really play any other role throughtout the story, though they made appearences.

toward the end, it really made me feel a bit sick too... but it was only facing the inevitable.

i will watch AIR in summer later today and that will finish the series. I will probably rewatch the entire movie and anime sometime, assuming my heart can take it XD
guess im just weak hearted little guy ...

but damn.. so deep.. really makes me want the whole story!

I will seek Q and A for some reading later and hopefully it has answers to my question..

so good of a story, i wish i had 100% of it.....
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 08:50   Link #59
KeiKei-chan
A Great Friend !~!~!~!

Hello,
I don't really know "Air" that well.
But May I know what's the story about???
KeiKei-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 11:52   Link #60
Wuya

if you need a summary, try searching in wikipedia for a description, i think it will be enough for an overview and more if you want to read more of it.

I would advise you get the AIR the movie and watch it first, then watch the anime series- TV and summer speical- (in order of increasing story depth and movie is different so "less" spoilers in a way).

it is a tragic/magical story with real word elements/setting since it was based on real locations.

i really enjoyed it, though having tears in my eyes and a wrenched heart isnt exactly what guys want to feel like after watching a movie or show XD
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote