AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 43.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-24, 19:20   Link #141
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Actually, that's preciesely why I could see Nanoha dying. In order to protect Hayate, from herself.Isn't the greatest prophecy cliche that it will happen no matter what despite efforts to change it?
I think the greatest prophecy cliche is that they're always misinterpreted.

Well, except for in X.
Old 2007-06-24, 19:22   Link #142
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Anyone has a link to some caps please?!!

My connection toned down due to download limit and I can't download anything over kilobytes
Old 2007-06-24, 19:22   Link #143
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Er... if you have an unspecified "king" dying, and an annoying higher-up named Regius... come on, I can't be the only one to see it. ;p
Thats were I'm i'm starting to look (not gonna throw Nanoha out of the equation). He is afterall a big shot (seen in the interview) and he is in set Towers in question. I go back to what I said a few posts ago and say he bites the dust via inside job set to make RF6 look like the bad guys despite all their support. But were a few eps away from getting our answer so speculate away
Old 2007-06-24, 19:27   Link #144
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Er... if you have an unspecified "king" dying, and an annoying higher-up named Regius... come on, I can't be the only one to see it. ;p
I think that's being way too optimistic.
Old 2007-06-24, 19:35   Link #145
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Isn't the greatest prophecy cliche that it will happen no matter what despite efforts to change it?
Not completely though, the prophecy would carry on no matter what, but how it would end is a changable.

Quote:
I think that's being way too optimistic.
I think it's too obvious... All a sudden they have this one bastard on stand-by when a prophecy like that comes around?

He would be the cause, but it's not his intention, That's my take on this whole affair.
Old 2007-06-24, 19:36   Link #146
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Thing is, from the way Hayate acted in the last part of the episode, she is likely ironically going to be the one whom will cause the prophecy to come true, by aiming on becoming the king in the first place.

In the end, her friends will probably talk some sense into her, by telling her that she is doing nothing but running away and accepting the prophecy, rather than fighting and preventing it from becoming true.
Old 2007-06-24, 19:42   Link #147
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Thing is, from the way Hayate acted in the last part of the episode, she is likely ironically going to be the one whom will cause the prophecy to come true, by aiming on becoming the king in the first place.

In the end, her friends will probably talk some sense into her, by telling her that she is doing nothing but running away and accepting the prophecy, rather than fighting and preventing it from becoming true.
Thinking about it, how would Jail, his numbers, and Team Lutecia fit into all this?

Not liking an all out attack for sure, they couldn't even handle RF6, let alone the whole of TSAB...

Said, did that prophecy even said anything about betrayal to begin with?
Old 2007-06-24, 19:55   Link #148
kari-no-sugata

Random thought...

I'm not sure if the future readings are something guaranteed to happen, or if they are more like warnings...?

Of course, they are somewhat vague anyway...

I wonder if our new loli is going to play a major part in affecting those future predictions - she seems to have some unusual powers if she can possibly survive a S-class blast.

PS We got an inspection coming up soon. Anyone see a certain jerk making snide comments about a certain dead brother right in front of that brother's sister...? (And with a certain baka guaranteed to be beside her...)
Old 2007-06-24, 19:57   Link #149
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Prophecy's tend to be:

a) Misinterpreted
b) Paradox, whereas when one tries to prepare and prevent the prophecy from coming true, in fact, causes said prophecy
c) When coming from a 3rd party/word of mouth, what the prophecy says isn't important. Its whats not being said thats whats really important
d) Actually true (ie: X/1999)
Old 2007-06-24, 19:59   Link #150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I'm not sure if the future readings are something guaranteed to happen, or if they are more like warnings...?

In fiction, they have a 95% occurence possbility

But they don't always mean what they sound.

Quote:
I wonder if our new loli is going to play a major part in affecting those future predictions - she seems to have some unusual powers if she can possibly survive a S-class blast.
I'm thinking some kind of host for a superior being...

... You know, one of THOSE ...

Quote:
PS We got an inspection coming up soon. Anyone see a certain jerk making snide comments about a certain dead brother right in front of that brother's sister...? (And with a certain baka guaranteed to be beside her...)
That's an interesting thought!

All of the rookies has some 'dirt' that he could take advantage of...
Old 2007-06-24, 20:07   Link #151
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah it's not like RF6 members don't have any pasts that could be brought up. Hayate and her knights involved in YnS incident, Fate with the jewel seed incident, Teana's brother and Subaru wanting to protect her partner. Caro has her past and whatever is known within the TSAB ranks about Erio's origins. Anything could happen during an inspection so we'll have to keep an eye on that.

Prophecies are just a headache. You try to stop them and they come true because of that. Have to think the new loli will have a role outside of being attached to Nanoha. Could be some hidden power that could cause some problems, or related to the relics. Hard to say beyond random speculation.
Old 2007-06-24, 20:24   Link #152
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:

you know I really never thought about that but ya I could see that happening which would only fuel things, man Regius could really cause major problems if starts to pull that sort of s****. Would make things very interesting and help push the prophicy forward.
Old 2007-06-24, 20:31   Link #153
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Geez, the "element of corruption" starting to crop up, and just after I dug up some old memories and played a very old PC game just for nostalgia. The game was Wing Commander IV - The Price of Freedom (released way back in the 90's when most PC's still had MS-DOS and a few started using Windows 95), and coincidentally, had a similar element of corruption in the high command in the story (i.e. the Terran Confederation [the administrative region of space centered on Earth] military has some rogue elements trying to start a war with non-ConFed regions, and the player/protagonist [Col. Christopher Blair] and friends have to defect to the current "opposition", the Union of Border Worlds, to get to the bottom of things, and eventually expose the traitor, none other than the ConFed top official, Adm. Geoffry Tolwyn).

Will Nanoha and the rest of RF6 have to go through the same thing?

As for the grammatical issue of the word "children" in the title of the next episode, recall Neon Genesis Evangelion and the designations of the Eva Pilots (i.e. 1st Children Rei Ayanami, 2nd Children Shinji Ikari, and 3rd Children Asuka Langley Sohryu).

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2007-06-24 at 20:49.
Old 2007-06-24, 20:40   Link #154
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Prophecy's tend to be:

a) Misinterpreted
b) Paradox, whereas when one tries to prepare and prevent the prophecy from coming true, in fact, causes said prophecy
c) When coming from a 3rd party/word of mouth, what the prophecy says isn't important. Its whats not being said thats whats really important
d) Actually true (ie: X/1999)
Don't these all say "It'll become true"? In any case, b isn't a paradox, it's simply irony.
Old 2007-06-24, 20:51   Link #155
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Don't these all say "It'll become true"? In any case, b isn't a paradox, it's simply irony.
a but prohecies do tend to have some form of truth to them which ever way you look at it. Its just a question of getting the correct translation before its to late (this happens about 0.1% of the time).

Actually Higurashi is a good anime for this as in all arcs in anime form and game the idea is to prevent the great disaster by preventing the pre-determined outcome. The only time you can prevent the doom is if you know the true enemy which we don't know yet.
Old 2007-06-24, 20:56   Link #156
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
a but prohecies do tend to have some form of truth to them which ever way you look at it.
That's true. Whatever's determined by fate happens regardless of other factors. One simply needs to hope that fate favours you rather than them.
Old 2007-06-24, 22:50   Link #157
mechdra

Hi , I am new here and I already watched this episode. There are few thing that I would like to say about the prediction mentioned by Carim:

The king might noy only represent one person but it might represent a few people at once like the 3 admiral. It might also be the civilians.

The tower might represent a structure and the possible structure could be the organaizational structure of TSAB.

The lost of support is the same as the sinking of a ship. When a ship sink, the people on board of it will lose their support on the sea.
Old 2007-06-24, 23:10   Link #158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So... If I'm not wrong... the server has already been down three times

@mechdra

Welcome don't be shy, though watch out for land mines...

*cough*

Okay, generally 'King' = Authority figure, that much we all agree. Though that kind of power could mean combat or political power.

You know, 12 hours ago, I would never imagine we would turn into an occult club
Old 2007-06-24, 23:26   Link #159
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So... If I'm not wrong... the server has already been down three times
It's been rather annoying…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Okay, generally 'King' = Authority figure, that much we all agree. Though that kind of power could mean combat or political power.
Combat power usually doesn't translate directly to authorative power, at least not in any modern society. Particuarly in chess, the King is not the most powerful in combat, but the most important.
Old 2007-06-24, 23:27   Link #160
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha yeah the server has gone down a couple times.

Problem with something vague like a king is unless there is a literal king you have to make some guesses. All we've got is that king is some kind of authority figure. Be it a person, or a structure like TSAB. Maybe they are vague so when something even remotely similar happens they can go "yeah this is what we predicted."