AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 12:39   Link #41
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Yep, at least "Stage 0" is definitely worth it.
Especially since I got the impression they threw a lot of "canon stuff" into that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
Also, Suzaku's age at which he joined the Britannian Forces is stated.
How old was he? o.o
Old 2009-03-29, 12:52   Link #42
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Yep, at least "Stage 0" is definitely worth it.
Especially since I got the impression they threw a lot of "canon stuff" into that one.

How old was he? o.o
This one has the reason for the giant pizza.

Spoiler:
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 11:41   Link #43
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Quote:
They are worth reading. Don't think "Not canon, not worth it" cause they are really good. It's like how people never liked the mangas with the exception of NoN. They actually turn out really good.

Also, Suzaku's age at which he joined the Britannian Forces is stated.

And I almost burst out laughing in class when I read one part.
Thanks, I guess I'll check it out then.
James Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 13:18   Link #44
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
This one has the reason for the giant pizza.
O_O
What's the reason? xD
I really should buy that one, too... but I wish it had some interesting information about Clovis. That would certainly boost my motivation. xD

Quote:
Spoiler:
Aw.
Thanks. *-*
Old 2010-07-21, 21:25   Link #45
Icetron

Send a message via AIM to Icetron Send a message via MSN to Icetron
Sorry to post in this old thread but I have a question about the novels.

I purchased #0 and #1 when they were released, never got around to reading them since I didn't have time. There's a sale at one of my local anime stores for books so I was thinking of buying all the ones after that and starting the novels. My question is, are these novels just summarizing the series in book form or is there differences? Iirc #0 is set before the series, but I'm not sure about the rest. I looked at the back of #3 and #4 and they make it sound like it's just the same as the show.

Thanks
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 21:03   Link #46
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
My question is, are these novels just summarizing the series in book form or is there differences? Iirc #0 is set before the series, but I'm not sure about the rest. I looked at the back of #3 and #4 and they make it sound like it's just the same as the show.

Thanks
The light novels are adaptations of the anime's first season, so the basic story is the same, but there are differences. Some events get better explanations and others get less attention than in the anime. I've heard that the first few volumes aren't the best but that the series improves towards the end, so you might want to check that out if you have the opportunity.

I'm hoping to try and read at least one or two of the volumes myself in order to see this directly. Whenever I get around to that, a review or summary of the most important differences might be posted in this forum thread if I ever remember to do so.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 15:26   Link #47
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
The light novels are adaptations of the anime's first season, so the basic story is the same, but there are differences. Some events get better explanations and others get less attention than in the anime. I've heard that the first few volumes aren't the best but that the series improves towards the end, so you might want to check that out if you have the opportunity.

I'm hoping to try and read at least one or two of the volumes myself in order to see this directly. Whenever I get around to that, a review or summary of the most important differences might be posted in this forum thread if I ever remember to do so.
Where can you find the light novels for code geass?
Old 2010-07-25, 16:19   Link #48
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Where can you find the light novels for code geass?
I believe you can buy them through Amazon or Rightstuf and other retailers.
Old 2010-07-25, 20:26   Link #49
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

also Borders is another good place to get the novels

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 21:34   Link #50
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
They are worth reading. Don't think "Not canon, not worth it" cause they are really good.
Oh, I like you, whoever you are. +box of chocolates for not having your head stuck in canon's ass. :')

Yes, the light novels can be found at mostly any bookstore that also sells manga volumes. I rather like Borders - even though I go there sporadically it's still an ideal place for me to get my manga.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 00:36   Link #51
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Excuse me but what are the names of these light novels???
Old 2010-08-15, 00:43   Link #52
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Excuse me but what are the names of these light novels???
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion

Then there are spinoffs called Counterattack of Suzaku, Knightmare of Nunally, Renya of the Darkness (the new series), Code Geass Kings and Queens, and finally there is another one that takes place during a Edo era (I think it was the Edo era I forgot it was recently licensed by Bandai a week or so ago), but I forgot what it was called.

Old 2010-08-15, 01:35   Link #53
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by roloko vi britannia View Post
code geass lelouch of the rebellion

then there are spinoffs called counterattack of suzaku, knightmare of nunally, renya of the darkness (the new series), code geass kings and queens, and finally there is another one that takes place during a edo era (i think it was the edo era i forgot it was recently licensed by bandai a week or so ago), but i forgot what it was called.
those are light????
Old 2010-08-15, 23:35   Link #54
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
That's the only light novel among those titles you've mentioned, as all the others are actually manga.
Old 2010-08-15, 23:43   Link #55
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post

Then there are spinoffs called Counterattack of Suzaku, Knightmare of Nunally, Renya of the Darkness (the new series), Code Geass Kings and Queens, and finally there is another one that takes place during a Edo era (I think it was the Edo era I forgot it was recently licensed by Bandai a week or so ago), but I forgot what it was called.
Tales of an alternate shogunate is the other manga, and IMHO it wasn't that great (it's Japanese only BTW).

I enjoyed the Light Novels (in English), and the manga adaptation of the series.
Both are well worth the money IMHO.

For the record, I for one think that Nightmare of Nunnally would have made a much better story for R2 then the actual anime did.
Rolo in NoN is much better, as is Anya, and I am quite fond of the Irregulars who were better characters than the Chinese Federation as antagonists/allies.

Plus Nunnally is kick-ass in that manga.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 23:54   Link #56
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Tales of an alternate shogunate is the other manga, and IMHO it wasn't that great (it's Japanese only BTW).

I enjoyed the Light Novels (in English), and the manga adaptation of the series.
Both are well worth the money IMHO.

For the record, I for one think that Nightmare of Nunnally would have made a much better story for R2 then the actual anime did.
Rolo in NoN is much better, as is Anya, and I am quite fond of the Irregulars who were better characters than the Chinese Federation as antagonists/allies.

Plus Nunnally is kick-ass in that manga.
I like Rolo from R2 and I haven't really read far into NoN although I did see scans of Rolo vi Britannia, but I prefer R2 Rolo way more though. Yes it has been licensed although there was a mix up at first since someone thought they got Renya instead of the other one.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...no-renya-manga

Old 2010-08-15, 23:59   Link #57
GundamFan0083

Thank you Roloko vi Britiannia for the ANN update.
I haven't been to ANN in awhile now, so I missed that.

I'll have to go make the suggestion that they in fact publish Renya of the Dark, as it is much better than the other manga.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 14:17   Link #58
Nivek von Beldo

Hi, have been years since come here but i was wondering if you would not mind make me a great favour and give me summary of the light novesl, specially Marianne one and Kallen one? i need for a fanfic i'm writing and those would be invaluable information, sorry if too much to ask after too much time, would be pretty helpful...thanks.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote