AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (TRUE ROUTE) - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 11 21.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 13.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-08, 10:02   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Ore no Imouto (TRUE ROUTE) - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the 4 episodes of Ore no Imouto (True Route). It's up to you whether you want to consider these episodes as a ONA , a sort of sequel or omake of the tv show, or if you want to consider them as part of the entire series. The same applies to the rating you're going to assign.

In any case, here's the episodes' sequence of the True Route storyline.

Episodes 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 (True Route) - 13 (True Route) - 14 (True Route) - 15 (True Route).

You might want to ramble about the usual subjects...

Spoiler:

... using the usual parameters:

Spoiler:

Discuss and have fun.
Old 2011-06-08, 10:26   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

9/10

Occasionally the quality and story wasn't up to par, but the True Route Episodes (except that jumping ending) were just perfect.
Old 2011-06-08, 13:56   Link #3
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Most of what I have to say has been said in the other overall series thread, so my general impression of the series hasn't changed much--no need to write a full review here. What I did like was that the middle 2 OVAs shows more to Kyousuke's character and that Kuroneko is pointing out his obsession with his sister is affecting his judgement. And of course, some more interaction with Kuroneko is always a good thing, as we can see her being antisocial at school really shows why she acts out like that in the main series. With Kyousuke helping her out at school it really improved her ability to face RL. It gave the already awesome character of Kuroneko a great boost.

The character of Sena Akagi, while extremely emotionally scarring, is a good addition to the series, and her funny otaku behavior suggests that she might have been better off as the titular Imouto....

Unfortunately, the ending was too half assed and indecisive to really give the series any real punch. We have sort of a confession, and sort of a return to the status quo. OMG I REALLY CARE ABOUT KIRINO, and suddenly Kyousuke becomes a sandbag because the plot demands it. We never learn why he's obsessed, besides maybe he's a siscon.

It kinda funny though, since Kirino actually didn't cause any damage at all in these ovas, it's her brother with the endless meaningless matyr act that causes the story to stagnate and fail to come to any meaningful point.

2nd season? With such a weak lead in, I probably won't be interested, we'll see.

Overall, I rank this as a 6.5, but it can be rounded to 7. It had some improvements which helped, but it's still the same show.

P.S. It's ok if Kyousuke wants to ignore Kuroneko for his sister. She can join me and we can hate together!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-06-08, 18:20   Link #4
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
um my rating might change depending on whether or not there might possibly be a 2nd season in the makings
any infos on that?
other than that, just for the laughs i'd rate this a ten, but kirino could be soooo annoying at times that i'd have to take some points away and give it an 8. But obv. true route was cool so +1, then again ending sucked -1,5p

7,5/10 overall, i'm not itching on rating every little detail there is =/
oh and btw, if we'd get a 2nd season with Saori letting her hair down S1 would instantly jump to a 9.5 rating, just for the suspense it caused me, wanting to see Saori-chwaaaan being so HAWT
Old 2011-06-08, 22:10   Link #5
superunature

General impression of the series.
This show is unique from most anime, has a different ED for every single episodes, close to reality/modern world, contains humor in every episodes. Light novel sold 2x as much since Anime came out (which if season 2 comes, will be animating volume 6+ (currently 8 volumes released), Anime ended where volume 5 concludes. When watching the first few episodes, Kirino has a very unlikeable personalities, but as the series progresses, we learn that she appreciates it from within.
Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
Overall story is confusing at first, but viewers quickly can identify what is going on. Though if this was a 24ep season, viewers who hasn't read the light novels would be able to get more out of it.
Thoughts about the animation quality.
not much to complain about, re-watching it in BD, it is above average, no cheap repeat scenes, backgrounds and characters fairly detailed.
Characters/Character Design
Character design is good, nearly identical/identical to the insert art from the original script/story (light novel)
Voice Acting
Several of the favorites are here, Notably Hanazawa Kana, Taketatsu Ayana
What the show meant to you.
Episode 12 with two different ending, it emphasizes that small change in decisions can have a large impact on the future.[/B]
What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.
make a 24ep season instead. alot of things were skipped/shortened. and 12ep season usually is confusing for like half the season before you are able to get into it and knows what is going on.

Animation Quality: 9 (not much to complain, good character designs, no cheap repeat scenes, looks sharp on BD)
Voice Actors: 10 (knows/heard most of the seiyuus, including few of my favorites, no annoying voices, matches well with the character design)
Script: 8 (it follows the script from the light novel, with 1-2 original materials, I feel that they skilled quite a few things. timeline is about 3weeks/ep (9months over course of 12eps)
Soundtrack: 10 (Op sounds great, ED is unique from most anime in that it has a different ED for each episodes)
Editing: 8 "weight" was misspelled in one of the Op (official, not fansub)
Enjoyment: 9 (personally enjoyed the series very much, humor in every episode, always looking forward to the next, but does have a few uneasy moments)
Emotional Involvement: 9 a few here and there where Kyousuke does all he can, sacrifices his reputation for his sister, and the last episode near the end, if you seen it, you would know what I'm talking about.

Excellent = 9

quick Character Analysis:
Kyousuke- Poor guy becomes the scapegoat of many of Kirino's actions, yet still does everything to try and improve their relationship....maybe he is a siscon.
Kirino- Otaku, model, but also perfect at everything she does, but has a poor attitude. Obsessed with Meruru.
Ayase- Model, Anti-Otaku, extremely violent, wants a very close relationship to Kirino, mistakenly believes Kyousuke likes ecchi things and blames him for kirino's otakuism.
Kuroneko/Ruri- "Chuu ni byou" nekomimi girl. pretends as if she is from another world, likes Masquerade, perfect at video games, yet not good at creating script. not very good at making friends, caring for her sisters. Rival of Kirino in writing novels, yet she always loses.
Manami- Kyousuke's Osananajimi, also serves as his advisory. is not very technologically advanced, likes Kyousuke.
Saori- Ojousama, very tall otaku, who gives herself a alternate person name "BAGINA" acts very lady-like inside her house, but not so much out. Afraid to lose friends, supposedly beautiful without when not wearing her round glasses.
Sena- great at debugging, Otaku, Fujoushi, imagines BL in both 2D and 3D.

looking forward to season 2 (I think if things sells well, there will be season 2 eventually)

if you have time, you may consider rewatching the episodes in Blu-rays. about half the episodes have a min or two of cute scenes not aired on TV. (Time constrain reason)

Last edited by superunature; 2011-06-09 at 00:44.
Old 2011-06-09, 02:34   Link #6
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Story - 8

The True Route OVA can be divided into two parts. The first part is a video game making sidestory that introduces Sena as a new rival for Kuroneko. The second part is about longing for Kirino's presence and how the character's reacted to her sudden disappearance. Overall it feels like they skipped some scenes and it doesn't have a proper buildup for the climax but I did enjoy the story.

Animation - 9

The animation is pretty good for an OVA.

Voice Acting - 9

Same cast. No squeaky high pitch voice or characters that sounded like they are trying to blow up a balloon.

Music - 8

Same stuff from the TV anime.

Characters - 8

Sena is a good addition to the cast. She's funny and much more weirder than Kirino. But I'm still having doubts if "fujoshi" really exists LOL. Kuroneko got the center stage this time and I think she can be a good female lead. Kyousuke is more of a follower than a lead character. He gets drag along the story up until the last episode when he was needed to bring back Kirino. And lastly, Kirino changed her character. ..for the better. I guess she was humbled by her american peers.

Total Score - 8.5
I really hope they'll make a season 2.
Old 2011-06-09, 23:03   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I loved aspects of the series and what it tried to do... but I'm chagrined by some of the flaws. Not an unusual feeling after far too many anime series....

I'll give it an "8" .... Kirino's characterization, the "anime of the manga" derail episodes being drags on an otherwise fun series.
Old 2011-06-10, 16:41   Link #8
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Well, everything was said in the previous topics. A strangely entertaining and enjoyable show with mediocre ending. I'll give it a solid 8.
Old 2011-06-10, 16:44   Link #9
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I guess I would give the series an overall vote of 8/10, but would have to say that I thought the "true end" route MUCH better than the "good end".
Old 2011-06-10, 23:50   Link #10
HasuMasu
*Artist

it was good, really good

but that ending

and that JUMP dammit

7/10 for me
Old 2011-06-11, 01:19   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The more I think about the last five minutes of the last episode the more aggravated I get so best to stop thinking about it and imagine a second season.
Old 2011-06-26, 04:55   Link #12
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just discovered this.

9 out of 10.

The True route is much better than the good ending.

Didn't really like the series, but the True Route gave the series more interest when Kirino was gone and back.

BTW Kuroneko grew on me alot.
Old 2011-07-02, 09:29   Link #13
zeko

9/10

was good and hope they would do more but some parts were really predictable.
Old 2011-08-08, 08:48   Link #14
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
The true route... of course definitely better than the other ending, 12.a

The thing I can't really believe that Kyosuke would say
Spoiler for Episode 15 - What Kyosuke said:

The world is full of mystery huh, but it's just cute for this Ore Imo.

Story is just cute and full of surprises.. with t-suuun~ , so I'll give a serious rate of 9/10
This anime might be not for those who are more toward actions anime, but overall it's really great, funny comedy, with some complexes.

Siscon? Senpai-Kouhai relationship? Megane-Fetish? Normally it's weird but this one in oreImo is just perfectly cute on those aspect.

Kirino x Kyosuke x Kuroneko, huh... not bad

I would hope for a season two, or more detailed continuation on manga.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:43   Link #15
theidiotbehindme
isbeingreallannoying

i think true route was pretty good, but i would have prefered if they continued the original route (although i did enjoy seeing more kuroneko). i didn't like
Spoiler for ep 12 ending:
and i was happy
Spoiler for ep 15 ending:
but since they already got this far with true route
Spoiler for ep 15 ending again:
i would like to see it continued.

Last edited by theidiotbehindme; 2011-11-02 at 16:05.
Old 2011-12-05, 21:00   Link #16
godlystriker

I don't get why some of your guys don't like the ending. I found the true ending better than the series as a whole.

The relationship between brother and sister came from ignoring each other to a seemingly caring and comfortable relationship. The brother wouldn't have cared that Kirino have left if it wasn't for the "life counselling", which lead to him understanding a bit more about Kirino.

I don't really need a second season as this was pretty good already; but depends on how the story develops in the light novels.
Old 2012-10-15, 16:49   Link #17
SeanJD

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Ore no Imouto and I was really interested in the story and the characters. I give it a 9 out of 10 because it was an unique anime that I have not really got into because of its theme about a girl playing eroge and I was chilled that there are people who play things like that. But, I was only interested in the story and I have to say it was really incredible that Kyousuke tried to help her, even though he did not try to defend her hobby. I also like the true route better than the original ending because it had more insight about what Kirino should do with her life and that she had preferred to live out her lifestyle, despite societal consequences. I laughed, cried, and wanted to be able to watch something that was really interesting.
Old 2012-10-16, 13:01   Link #18
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

I give it a 8 just because the way he begs her to come back made me want to vomit in rage.

random thought. Kyousuke cries alot or wants to anyway.

- Guy Incognito 2014
Old 2013-01-11, 15:43   Link #19
Fiemma
Fiamma

the series is unrealistic and cliche characters. I wasted my time watching
Old 2013-01-11, 18:37   Link #20
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
8/10 Cliff hanger....

but... I'll give it a 10 if the ending is similar to this

Spoiler for Possible Big spoiler to Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!:
Closed Thread