AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 19:43   Link #281
Kirarakim

Great episode and I like how it's showing sometimes the solutions are simple (which usually is the case in real life).

The only thing that I did find odd was that isolation experiment with the college student. Now things like that were done in the 1960's.

If you remember I posted a clip of I've Got a Secret with Neil Armstrong's parents..well there was another episode where someone came on who said he was in isolation for I believe a month. Unfortunately I can't find the clip on youtube but it was pretty interesting.

Still since this series starts in the future, I can't imagine they would be doing experiments that were already done even years before now.

I think if I have one minor criticism of the show it really does not feel like the future at all.

I do think the isolation test though is a great idea to test the characters & I am looking forward to learning more about them.
Old 2012-06-10, 21:21   Link #282
HandofFate

I noticed Mutta looking back the first time I watched the episode, but thought he was just taking a last look at the driver's wig lol.

Looking back, i see the clock as well.
Old 2012-06-16, 20:45   Link #283
word sux

anyone else see this??

I think the actor cast to play Hibito is spot on but idk about the guy playing Mutta, his face does not seem right.
Old 2012-06-17, 08:02   Link #284
ookamigirl

Mutta was pretty observant and lucky in determining the exact time it was LOL
Looks like Tomii was the truly brilliant one.
Itou's stomach growling was really funny ^^
It was nice getting to know more about them as they introduced themselves to others.
Flashback to Serika's childhood was really nice.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 08:48   Link #285
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
I think the actor cast to play Hibito is spot on but idk about the guy playing Mutta, his face does not seem right.
That's because he looks like a highschooler wearing a wig, instead of the middle aged geezer that doesn't always shave.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 09:02   Link #286
Utsuro no Hako

Serika was so adorable in this ep, both with the stomach growling and the flashback.

I'm a bit worried that they're going to stay at this pace of one episode per day of the test, which would mean this arc will take up the entire summer season. I really hope there's a montage or a time skip so we can get into space at some point.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 09:06   Link #287
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Mutta really needs to get his "luck" under control. "Air abacus" made me laugh out loud. It reminded me of Inspector Runge in Monster.

I presume that Furuya looking a bit like a chimpanzee himself isn't accidental!

Serika as a young girl was really cute. ANN doesn't list any other voice actress for Serika as a child, so I'd assume it was Sawashiro using a different intonation. That means she voices both halves of our potential romantic couple as young children. She's quite the talented seiyuu, isn't she?

Naming a child can be a daunting task. We were still working on our list of alternatives for my daughter in the delivery room!

This show seems to be popular among Japanese torrenters. The cloud for one of the raws for this episode has 3500 seeds and 1800 peers this morning.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-06-17 at 10:17.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 12:28   Link #288
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Liked how they blamed the growling stomach on Mutta. What luck Mutta has, he was just looking at the driver's wig then just glanced at the time. Lol what was up with his hair when he got the ok to call her Serika.
Old 2012-06-17, 13:36   Link #289
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol what was up with his hair when he got the ok to call her Serika.
I bet having hair like that must just drive all the girls crazy! Serika seemed to take it in stride. She might want to consider washing her own hair though, or at least brushing it once in a while. I'm sure Mutta would be glad to help out.

I also liked how she tried to sublimate her hunger by drawing a picture of a rice bowl.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure any of them have had a chance to bathe since they left on the bus. Given the Japanese attachment to bathing, it must be driving them all crazy to be that unclean.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-06-17 at 13:48.
Old 2012-06-17, 14:14   Link #290
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's because he looks like a highschooler wearing a wig, instead of the middle aged geezer that doesn't always shave.
32 years old is not middle-aged, for crying out loud...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 14:24   Link #291
antediluvian
Before the Deluge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I think if I have one minor criticism of the show it really does not feel like the future at all. .
I do agree with you to an extent, keep in mind that it's only 13 years into the future from the present date. They did finish the international space station in the story, which is cool. What would you have liked to see?
antediluvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 14:44   Link #292
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
32 years old is not middle-aged, for crying out loud...
Lol, yeah bad choice of words...

Early thirties was what I was looking for.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-06-17 at 15:17.
Old 2012-06-17, 15:09   Link #293
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Who qualifies as a "geezer?"
Old 2012-06-17, 15:16   Link #294
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That term has a slightly different meaning in the UK. (Not related to age as much)
Old 2012-06-17, 16:21   Link #295
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by antediluvian View Post
I do agree with you to an extent, keep in mind that it's only 13 years into the future from the present date. They did finish the international space station in the story, which is cool. What would you have liked to see?
Well I specifically made that comment because they were talking about experiments from the 1960's. Obviously someone did their research, but the research doesn't really fit into a show that is supposed to take place in the future.

And yes everyone, someone in their 30's is not old. I know we are used to seeing teenagers but come on.
Old 2012-06-17, 17:34   Link #296
OPN

Poor mutta his luck just sucks . Seeing serika as a child was cute and it was interesting seeing her relationship with her dad as a child. but...what the hell is with muttas hair?
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 18:31   Link #297
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally wouldn't attribute this (the time test) to luck on Mutta's part (no matter what Mutta says), at least this time around. I mean, it's already been established that he has a greater awareness of his surroundings for like 3 episodes straight, so its only natural for him to look for info he is missing and have a general sense when and where to look for it.

I'm more wondering if this was intentional on JAXA's part or a really big screw up...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:00   Link #298
HandofFate

lol @ Serika's rumbling stomach.
Looking forward to a h-doujin of the crew noticing its her, and they 'fill her up'

Looking forward to how they handle the food supply, or if that's even gonna be a big plot point.
Old 2012-06-19, 00:04   Link #299
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
lol @ Serika's rumbling stomach.
Looking forward to a h-doujin of the crew noticing its her, and they 'fill her up'
...Serious bro? If there's one series that shouldn't get a damn H-doujin , it's Space Brothers. No room for that type of stuff for this series!

I'm really looking forward to these next 2 weeks arc, looks like there will be a lot of drama and plot progression.

After that kind of boring lull when Mutta was in Houston, the show has finally picked up again just like those first 3 episodes that enraptured me.
Old 2012-06-19, 00:41   Link #300
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Such an amazing show. I don't know why I'm drawn to such seemingly normal shows like this and stuff like Nichijou, they just hit the right spot for me as far as anime goes.

Anyone know how many eipisodes this is gonna be?

Tags
science fiction, seinen