AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 38.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-19, 01:11   Link #41
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Spoiler for ep. 7:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-19, 01:47   Link #42
Icerack

Spoiler for ep7:
Old 2007-05-19, 02:35   Link #43
wontaek

Good Lord! Sola is generating frenzies that was not often seen. Pg. 3, already?!
Old 2007-05-19, 02:37   Link #44
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-19, 02:53   Link #45
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
now it feels like im the only one who still likes aono but if we are doing a comparison with her and kaede then why does kaede remain popular til the end? its because we still hardly know anything about aono which makes her actions unjustified...heres hoping that more of her will be revealed

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-19, 03:21   Link #46
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler:
As expected... It's really
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-19, 03:26   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
now it feels like im the only one who still likes aono....
You are not alone. I've liked her from the beginning and feel so sorry for her as we learn more. Nobody's a villain in this show. Everyone's a tragic hero(ine).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-19, 03:39   Link #48
wontaek

Wow!! Gathering some thoughts!

The heck with spoilers. This is an incredible series where there is so much twist and turns that it is almost impossible to discuss about this series without revealing a spoiler or two. For whatever the reason, the animators are trying to out-moe the competitions by exploring some moe stereotypes to its fullest potential. Earlier I thought the anime series might have been made as advertisement for upcoming games. Now I wonder if this series was intended to dominate all SaiMoe tournaments out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Nobody's a villain in this show. Everyone's a tragic hero(ine).
I think that is the angle the animator is hoping to present. Still, no matter the intentions and circumstances, bad deeds cannot be totally forgiven. What Aono did wasn't good, and there is a chance that she did much worse things that we weren't shown, yet.
Old 2007-05-19, 03:45   Link #49
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Hmm...but there's not much to reveal if everyone who comes to thread has supposedly watched episode...because it's original and has no previous material. Manga ain't having any spoilers either.
Old 2007-05-19, 03:53   Link #50
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-19, 03:53   Link #51
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacone View Post
Hmm...but there's not much to reveal if everyone who comes to thread has supposedly watched episode...because it's original and has no previous material. Manga ain't having any spoilers either.

Usually it is considered as common courtesy to keep things under spoilers until subs come out. Some people might want to come to the thread to read general comments on the episode without learning much about the content.
Old 2007-05-19, 04:08   Link #52
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Usually it is considered as common courtesy to keep things under spoilers until subs come out. Some people might want to come to the thread to read general comments on the episode without learning much about the content.
Sure I knew that, but as speaking about any anime episode, it's same kind of way and Sola aren't exception. That there's not that much content of speaking about things generally here and there too without revealing/speculating...

You can say ep rocked
or
You like/hate about something someones character. (even that is some kind of revelation).
Old 2007-05-19, 04:56   Link #53
Barbka

Aono is sick in the head!!! Nothing can justify things that she did. In the reality would you feel sorry for someone like that? If the answer is yes than you must read some more about laws and human psychology. This is murder or attmept murder from jelaousy and you go in jail for that. It doesn't matter how much you suffered. If her doing is ok just because she is suffering, than I can go and do this kind of things to all girls that took away my boyfriends.
If someone doesn't love you, you must go over it - for everyone is someone in the world, you just musn't get obsessed with the wrong one.

Sorry but things like "poor Aono" and "I understand her", makes me really mad. Ok she is suffering and everything but you can't do bad things to others just because of that.
Old 2007-05-19, 05:02   Link #54
rg4619

Quote:
Still, no matter the intentions and circumstances, bad deeds cannot be totally forgiven.
Agreed. It's one thing to understand or sympathize with a person's circumstances/intentions (and criminal lawyers try to manipulate this to their advantage all the time). However, these things don't negate or soften that person's bad deeds, nor do they make him/her any less of a monster. Remember that even brutal murderers can believe themselves to be misunderstood, tragic victims (or that they're doing their loved ones a favor or punishing a villain who hurt them, as in the case of some murder/suicides).
Old 2007-05-19, 05:17   Link #55
Mueti
あ!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-19, 05:25   Link #56
kelvie

I wouldn't be so quick to condemn Aono, as we are still not fully aware of the situation she is in.

That said, does anyone else find her complete lack of expression somewhat odd? If in real life, someone were to speak and act like that, it would surely raise a few eyebrows (and yes, I do realize that Rei in Evangelion was like that too... and she's one of my least favourite characters). It does add humour though, like when she "jokes" (i.e. pointing at the shopkeep at the ningyoya).
Old 2007-05-19, 06:02   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
all this aono bashing is getting on my nerves...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbka View Post
Aono is sick in the head!!! Nothing can justify things that she did. In the reality would you feel sorry for someone like that? If the answer is yes than you must read some more about laws and human psychology. This is murder or attmept murder from jelaousy and you go in jail for that. It doesn't matter how much you suffered. If her doing is ok just because she is suffering, than I can go and do this kind of things to all girls that took away my boyfriends.
If someone doesn't love you, you must go over it - for everyone is someone in the world, you just musn't get obsessed with the wrong one.

Sorry but things like "poor Aono" and "I understand her", makes me really mad. Ok she is suffering and everything but you can't do bad things to others just because of that.
im not saying that she hasnt done wrong but yet damming her to the depths of hell isnt the right thought now ~ especially because we havent hear her side of the story fully yet...its obvious that she loves yorito but at the same time is bounded by such a thing called "family" ~ you have to understand the situation that she is in...being there and then for yorito even before matsuri 200 (or whatever years ago) and having only to hold her feelings for him inside herself just to be take by some other nameless girl at the time...sure she may not have been able to have a proper relationship with yorito but the connection that she doesnt want him to be stolen away from her is there...

for anyone who has seen gift ~ eternal rainbow~ then take that situation...while not exactly the same we have a girl who returns home after being away for x amount of years...she takes the main guy and Kirino breaks down in a fit of rage...there is just no arguing with the "kaede" types...normally they are calm but when the break into psycho mode nothing can stop them from getting revenge O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-19, 06:44   Link #58
Mueti
あ!

Quote:
im not saying that she hasnt done wrong but yet damming her to the depths of hell isnt the right thought now ~ especially because we havent hear her side of the story fully yet...its obvious that she loves yorito but at the same time is bounded by such a thing called "family" ~ you have to understand the situation that she is in...being there and then for yorito even before matsuri 200 (or whatever years ago) and having only to hold her feelings for him inside herself just to be take by some other nameless girl at the time...sure she may not have been able to have a proper relationship with yorito but the connection that she doesnt want him to be stolen away from her is there...
I could imagine circumstances in which she would want to kill Matsuri; Aono trying to kill her is not the most despicable thing about it (I'm not saying it ain't despicable though). But given certain conditions (what we know until now doesn't in the least qualify) it's something that could at least be comprehensible.
But what's absolutely unexcusable and makes me condemn her to the pits of hell is that she uses Yorito. I'm aware that she doesn't think reasonable at the moment but using her loved one's body to kill the person he loves is beyond of what I can forgive.
Old 2007-05-19, 07:47   Link #59
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
all this aono bashing is getting on my nerves...

for anyone who has seen gift ~ eternal rainbow~ then take that situation...while not exactly the same we have a girl who returns home after being away for x amount of years...she takes the main guy and Kirino breaks down in a fit of rage...there is just no arguing with the "kaede" types...normally they are calm but when the break into psycho mode nothing can stop them from getting revenge O.o
Oh poor Kaede-type. It must be awful to have an obsession over a person only to face the reality that she just wasn't his type. Of course this truly justifies her committing murder because that was the only one for her and he's gone. It's obviously the other girl's fault. She must have done something to him. Kaede-type is not the reason. Kaede-type stayed by that guy for all those years so he must love her.

Yeah, right. Kaede-type get a life. It's prob because she was around that guy for so long that she was thought of as a friend or "sister" and not a lover. Or in the worse case scenario, she was used and discarded. In other words, Kaede-type caused her own doom.

Spoiler for ep. 7:
Old 2007-05-19, 11:22   Link #60
Nemesis2124

Spoiler for ep7:
Closed Thread