AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you do with a show after you download it?
Watch it, Archive it, Trade it (fan + trader) 8 12.90%
Watch it, Archive it (fan + archiver) 34 54.84%
Archive it, Trade it (trader) 0 0%
Archive it (collector) 9 14.52%
Don't archive or watch it (seeder) 0 0%
Watch it (fan) 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-30, 16:05   Link #1
Access

What do you do after you download a show?

Just curiousity, that's all.
Old 2004-04-30, 16:37   Link #2
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
i just collect everything that i think would be rare or interesting to look at in the future but usually don't watch unless it's a recent anime that has unknown number of episodes.. I don't really trade because people's connections are slow......
Old 2004-04-30, 16:59   Link #3
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
I chose watch it (fan) but I do keep my torrents going for as long as I can at maximum upload once they finish downloading.

Rob
Old 2004-04-30, 22:33   Link #4
Kouji
StrykerX

Well I archive it, seeing as I'm a collector. But I only archive animes that only interest me or that have a great fansub translation.
Old 2004-04-30, 23:06   Link #5
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
kinda unsure atm
Old 2004-04-30, 23:08   Link #6
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

If it's a later episode in a series, I'll watch it and then delete the previous episode. If it's the last episode, I will delete it. If it's the first episode, I'll keep it.

Your poll does not cater to those of us with a single 20GB hard drive.
Old 2004-04-30, 23:21   Link #7
Griffith

Usually I'll watch the episode then save it until my hard drive gets too full (it's only 14 GB, so that doesn't take long) and then burn a few CD's worth of shows. My CD burner hasn't worked in months though unfortunately, so I've not been able to download much, as I hate re-downloading things. Recently I've been downloading and deleting anyway though out of frustration from not being able to catch up on things.
Old 2004-04-30, 23:39   Link #8
Silver_Scorcher

When it comes to fansubs, I'm a very casual fan. Unless it's something that I'm really looking forward to see, I won't watch it right away. Usually I'll download the first episode of every fansub I can get my hands on. I continue with all the series that have caught my attention. As of now, I have all the episodes of Get Backers, Godannar, E's Otherwise, Wolf's Rain & Victory Gundam fansubbed and burned onto a number of CD's. I haven't started watching any of them yet. I'll get around to them soon. But right now, I feel like I've wasted a lot of my time and bandwidth. However, when I got Gundam SEED, Gundam X, Vandread 1 & 2 and Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, fansubbed, I watched each episode as soon as I finished downloading them. Guess it all depends on what series I'm watching. I kind of want to get into Naruto (Although I'm expecting a huge let down), but there's too many episodes so far, and it's getting harder and harder to find and download the first few episodes at a decent rate.
Old 2004-05-01, 00:27   Link #9
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
with my limited bandwith, I treasure everything I download, and I try to share minimum the 50% of the file before discconecting.
Old 2004-05-01, 01:54   Link #10
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
I voted archive. I did this b/c I do but it's not on my HD seeing as mine isn't ranging into the teras like some people I know. I burn the series if I like and delete the ones I don't. It gets hard when you download alot and then have no time to watch though. I try to share up to twice the file size (pending if I need the memory for hw) or if I'm down to 500mb yes mb of HD space then it's off for immediate deletion or burn.
Old 2004-05-01, 06:02   Link #11
7thMethuselah

Usually half of the series I'm downloading I don't watch untill the series is complete or close to complete. I like to watch series in a whole. So I download every show that looks interesting and watch them later.
There are only a few series i follow on the spot (Naruto for example), those I download and watch right away.

Once I have enough episodes of a series to fill a CD I burn them. After that I trade them with my friends, not over the net but we trade the CD's, we all dl different stuff and through trading we can reduce the bandwidth usage for us all.
Old 2004-05-01, 08:53   Link #12
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Depends on how high the anime is on my 'priority list.' That is, whenever I get a new episode of Fullmetal Alchemist or Monser, I watch it right away. Other stuff, I download and watch whenver I get the chance. I burn all my anime, because I know I'll really enjoy watching them over and over again. I tend to lend stuff to my friends, and they lend me stuff, but I always get it back again eventually. So, I voted fan + archiver.
Old 2004-05-01, 10:12   Link #13
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
If it's a really good show I buy the DVD and if available the Manga version and ofcourse some loose items such as figures and plushies
Old 2004-05-01, 11:06   Link #14
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I voted Watch it + Archive it, but if "trade it" means to seed it for a bit, then I do that too. I usually let single episodes seed until I have shared two or three times what I received, but with batch torrents its usually only like 1.5 >.< I can't stand to delete anything without backing it up. I'm an anime pack rat. Luckily, I have a total of 220GB HD space between my two desktops and all their hard drives. I'm currently holding off on buying DVDs for a little bit and saving up for a DVD burner to back up files to instead of so many burnt cds. I buy the DVDs of series I really like too. Especially, if there are buying incentives like collectors box, soundtrack, plushie or t-shirt.

Last edited by Taboo; 2004-05-01 at 11:16. Reason: Thats what I get for posting while on the phone...
Old 2004-05-01, 11:41   Link #15
Suikun

In the past, I pretty much downloaded anything in sight that looked remotely interesting and burned it to DVD - most the time I don't even watch the stuff and just end up buying the official DVDs, so I use fansubs more as a "safety measure" in the event I just either can't get to buying something on DVD, or the R1 licensors screw things up. But lately, my shelf-space for DVDs has gotten so cluttered and my hard drive so dis-arrayed with stuff that my current plan is to burn everything on my HD to DVD, shove it all in a box in the attic, and then start fresh on my HD limiting the things I download (for the time being anyway) to the things I know I'll watch and like (Naruto, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist) and try to avoid going hogwild on the things I'm getting "just in case".

As for seeding - I usually only seed until I have a 1:1 share ratio - no more, no less. So long as I've given everything I've taken, I don't really care to be too philanthropic, I'm afraid.

Also, I don't do trading - occasionally if I'm away for the weekend or something I set up an fserve with some good high-demand things in anyone of my regular IRC channels, but I don't really have any friends... therefore nobody to trade with
Old 2004-05-01, 14:12   Link #16
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

I watch everything I download, I don't see that point in downloading it otherwise. Only exception is if I download a batch of episodes in a single torrent, and find myself disliking the series. In that case it gets deleted. Otherwise, I have 2 120gb drives, one in my PC and one in my modded Xbox. I keep all the anime that I'm currently watching on the Xbox, for ease of TV viewing. Once that gets full, I move "older" series that I've finished watching and arent likely to want to rewatch too soon, to my PC. When the PC starts to get full, I delete series that I havent felt like rewatching in a while, and that I don't think I need to keep any longer. I dont archive anything to CD/DVD, simply because theres very few shows that I feel the need to. If I REALLY want to re-watch something I've already deleted, I'll download it again, or buy the dvd's if they've been released.
Old 2004-05-01, 14:25   Link #17
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

I watch it and also seed it, when its requested...
Old 2004-05-01, 14:53   Link #18
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonkey
I dont archive anything to CD/DVD, simply because theres very few shows that I feel the need to.
I can't make myself delete anything in case I ever want to show/share it with someone else. Even if something isnt my favorite, it could turn out to be someone elses. Maybe I just try to convert too much.
Old 2004-05-01, 15:43   Link #19
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
I normally watch the series and if I like it I would buy the manga that (for most of the time) came before the anime and is better than the anime anyways.
Old 2004-05-01, 19:02   Link #20
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
since my option wasn't up there.

If it's a bunch of episodes at once, I'll set the first episode to download first and watch it while it downloads. When it's done, I'll let it seed depending on status of other seedings and number of seeds/leeches ratio and watch at the same time.

If it is a single episode, I watch and seed typically unless I was watching something else.

I'm currently watching 4 different animes.

although I've downloaded all 3 episodes for hitsuji no uta but I haven't watched them and I've uploaded 2:1+ for 2 and 3 cause there aren't enough seeds. (the people who become 100% seem to magically disappear )
Closed Thread