Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-01, 18:45   Link #221
FireChick

Quote:
How is it "cool" that so many people go uncredited for their hard work?O_O
I'm sorry. That wasn't what I meant. By cool, I meant that it's cool that you're letting me know. Sorry if I'm saying stupid stuff which I ALWAYS DO and can't seem to stop!
Old 2007-07-01, 20:26   Link #222
Shion's Sanity
Banned

You're not, you just might want to watch your wording when replying.^^;
Old 2007-07-02, 10:53   Link #223
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I think its pretty unfair they aren't credited..
all work and no credit,

Old 2007-07-02, 22:50   Link #224
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I saw the first season in the store today, "box is not bloody enough" was the first thought that came into my mind LOL.
Old 2007-07-03, 00:12   Link #225
MrZombie

Oh? Well it's not the first season. Just the first 5 episodes.
Old 2007-07-04, 01:24   Link #226
grgspunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
I saw the first season in the store today, "box is not bloody enough" was the first thought that came into my mind LOL.
Quite deceptive, isn't it? ROFL.
Old 2007-07-09, 11:16   Link #227
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Hmm, just got the R1 of it. I'm normally a Dub fan, but honestly IMHO this one wasn't all that good.

I didn't feel the emotions from the VA's and I just think the casting was plain wrong.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-07-09, 15:48   Link #228
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

I saw the special box set for the first dvd and was like... Ok.. That is going to deceive the heck out of anyone thinking they are buying it and don't read the back of the box... It's all pink and has them in their made outfits O.o.. For an anime such as thisone it really does surprise me to see it and so many images like it though. Especially for the main art.
Old 2007-07-09, 20:07   Link #229
FallenLucifel
The One Being Sung

Send a message via AIM to FallenLucifel
Well, I'd think that most mainstream people don't pick up random anime titles they've never heard of, and those familiar with the anime universe may have at least heard of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.

If it's just some random stroller looking for something to entertain 7 year olds and think the box art is cute, they still probably wouldn't buy something called "When they cry."
Old 2007-07-09, 20:50   Link #230
MrZombie

I don't know about that. I used to work in a video store and had to deal with an irate parent that had rented "Legend of the Overfiend" for their child.
Old 2007-07-10, 08:33   Link #231
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

Yeah and sometimes you will get people who just buy random animes for someone as a gift, not knowing what they would like they see the box as something hey they might like that and grab it. Like just think if some parents identify the box as something like hello kitty or sailor moon. Don't even check the raiting on the box or read what it's about and pick it up. And most cd places don't even ask things, even from kids purchasing stuff.. At least ours doesn't, *remembers the incident when brother was little and bought a cd with R rated lyrics... Mother bear really went to town that day at the cd store* But again I was more thinking of people wanting to buy anime for their friend and not realizing this is definitely not a title the person would like to get if they don't like this sort of anime. It's why I don't give my parents the option of buying me anime or manga for a gift unless I've told them a particular title and know they can get it and it's one I Know I would like. Not to mention my Dad doesn't even know how to say anime... *Blink blink*
Old 2007-07-10, 15:43   Link #232
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Faerie View Post
Yeah and sometimes you will get people who just buy random animes for someone as a gift, not knowing what they would like they see the box as something hey they might like that and grab it. Like just think if some parents identify the box as something like hello kitty or sailor moon. Don't even check the raiting on the box or read what it's about and pick it up. And most cd places don't even ask things, even from kids purchasing stuff.. At least ours doesn't, *remembers the incident when brother was little and bought a cd with R rated lyrics... Mother bear really went to town that day at the cd store* But again I was more thinking of people wanting to buy anime for their friend and not realizing this is definitely not a title the person would like to get if they don't like this sort of anime. It's why I don't give my parents the option of buying me anime or manga for a gift unless I've told them a particular title and know they can get it and it's one I Know I would like. Not to mention my Dad doesn't even know how to say anime... *Blink blink*
I don't think it's that bad. People should just read the ratings, that's what they're there for. If you purchase something without knowing anything about it, then you've got no one to blame but yourself. I understand that in this case the box may seem deceptive, but there's still an insert that describes what kind of show it is which can be clearly read even if the box is sealed.
Old 2007-07-21, 01:17   Link #233
USCPharmacist

I just realize something on the back of the 2nd Dvd of Higurashi American release. The descriptions for the episodes are all wrong!!!! Basically they put the descriptions for episodes 1-5 as episodes 6-10 lol.
Old 2007-07-21, 14:29   Link #234
grgspunk

^What the...? The second volume isn't even out yet! It's supposed to come out in August!
Old 2007-07-21, 15:04   Link #235
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Pre-order maybe? Bootleg?

Can't wait till it comes out~

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-08-07, 18:59   Link #236
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
ive had it for 2 weeks, its a preorder, and yes, the episode summaries are wrong
Old 2007-08-07, 19:01   Link #237
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgspunk View Post
^What the...? The second volume isn't even out yet! It's supposed to come out in August!
Some sites stock DVD's before others.

Shocking about the summary on the back. Not like Geneon to make a mistake like this.
Old 2007-08-07, 19:09   Link #238
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
oh well, all i did was switch the cover to its reverse, that way i have the origional japanese covers.
Old 2007-08-07, 20:29   Link #239
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I know several people who got this expecting a happy atmosphere until Episode 2 came. Haha!
Old 2007-08-07, 20:31   Link #240
MezzoDragon

Most of the dub voices hurt my ears, they removed all the cute sounds Rika makes, and gave Satoko a worse laugh. Despite those faults, the girls are still cute.
Closed Thread